Interface Security Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Hectic but adaptable
Integrated Field Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MONovember 4, 2015
This is a good place to work if looking for financial gain but the environment is stressful & management does not provide the proper procedures or the necessary information for everyone to be on the same target when fulfilling customer/technician needs & goals. This companies does everything by numbers & only cares about revenue so the employees are overworked & overwhelmed with all the emails, high volume of calls coming in & being rolled over from other departments. Also the company believes everything should be handles by your assessment scores so everything is grouped based off of this ranging from advancements, teams you are placed on & your pay raises, etc....
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
No room for advancements, no enforced policies or procedures which makes for a really high stressful work environment.
Fast paced work environment
Alarm Operator (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOOctober 7, 2015
From start to finish the work day if fast paced high call volume dispatching on fire, medical, burglary, and panic alarms. Iv worked with some great co-workers that's very friendly and open to welcoming new workers. the management was not a good part of the company there was a lot of unprofessional treatment and favoritism toward lower employees. the hardest part of the job was we had to work 12 hr shifts in extremely cold environment that we could not wear coast, jackets or hoodies we were told we have to layer up in clothing. the most enjoyable part of working at the place of employment was working 12 hr shift we spent a lot of time around each other as co-workers most of use built a strong relationship in and out side of the work place.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short breaks, insurance
Helpful Co-Workers
Level 1 Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOAugust 29, 2015
A usual day for me starts at noon, I log into the phones and work mostly with technicians onsite to troubleshoot internet and VOIP issues.
Productive, serious
Lead Secure Operations Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work was full of action. Monitoring Alarm systems from residential homes and commercial businesses. A day of dispatching police, fire department, and emergency response. I learned a lot about alarm systems and how to troubleshoot with customers. The hardest part of the job was calling customers in the middle of night about a low battery. The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of the customers being safe and feeling protected.
Pros
free gifts on christmas, relationships with customers and employees
Cons
short breaks, the hours
Horrible place to work, no advancement, clueless management
Level 1 WAN Help Desk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 6, 2014
I worked at Interface for a number years, during that time I tried to get promoted twice. They said I needed a certification to get the promotion despite the fact that two of the three people working in the position did not have the certification and one even failed it when he took it for the first time; one person was hired simply because he knew a VP. Massive problems in how the company does business, management knows of the problems but does nothing to help them. Too much complication to accomplish simple tasks, we used a social media marketing program as our IT ticketing system. Management does not listen to any of the employees who honestly try to help.

A typical day on the job would be answering phone calls from customers that you have not been trained to help, no support from management who are just as clueless as the untrained workers. When customers ask for a member of management for a complaint, they are usually no where to be found.

The only enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers who I talked and joked with while on duty. If it wasn't for the great people I worked with, I would have left this job a long time ago.

You could say the job is good for experience, because you will literally have to problem solve everything on your own with no support and bare minimum and horribly inadequate training. If you like trial by fire for only a few months to gain experience before moving on, then you might consider Interface.
Pros
co-workers, trial by fire experience if you like that sort of thing
Cons
literally almost everything
Company is moving more job function to the Corporate level.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSAugust 14, 2014
i believe by moving the job function of the branch offices to the Corporate office is causing our customers which are use to calling the local office for service and sales to have to talk with customer service people. Our customers in our area want to know when they call us they are talking with someone local.
Working for interface was one of the bests jobs I had
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 14, 2014
Tho I did not work long, was contractor and they had major lay off, I enjoyed my time with the people and learned a whole new field of support.
Pros
great people
Cons
laid off
No one knew their job descriptions
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 10, 2014
I typed contracts for 5 salesmen and worked a busy multi-line phone. You never knew what to expect from day to day. After working for the salesmen I was moved to collections which I knew nothing about. The office manager at the time was the youngest person working there and she had no experience at that position. I enjoyed working with the different people in the business, was no place to grow. The hardest part of the job was not know what job you would be given and how long you would have that job.
Productive work environment
Alarm Monitoring Representative (Current Employee) –  3773 Corporate Center Drive earth city MO, 63045June 21, 2014
We monitor residential and commercial alarms, and assist with troubleshooting any issues they may have. I've learned how to be patient and pay special attention to details. My co workers are equally hard working and we do a great job at getting things done in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job is helping customers trouble shoot their systems. The most enjoyable part is knowing that we are making people feel safe inside their home or them knowing their business is In good hands when they are not there.
Pros
friendly working environment and good health benefits
Cons
gets really hectic during storms
Employment
Residential Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 18, 2014
For the most it was a good company to work for. I feel they may have been premature on developing a few positions via company growth. Other than that The company was great to work for.
Cons
taking suggestive thoughts from peer managers
Do not work here!
Commercial Installer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, Mo.April 5, 2014
I wouldn't work here, coworkers are always trying to throw someone under the bus and get someone in trouble, it's like being in high school all over again.The management has no clue what is going on from one day to the next. The office workers are more worried about image than doing their job. The operations manager in charge of installers and service tech hasn't a clue how to do his job and when something goes wrong it's your fault even when circumstances are beyond your control. If you like working with poor management and childish acting coworkers with mediocre pay then this is the place for you!
Pros
decent benefits and paid holidays
Cons
terrible operations manager and the rest of upper management, pay too low for the amount of knowledge and experience
great company
Electronic Service Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 11, 2014
Good benefits, good leaders, co workers are team oriented.
Pros
good management
Cons
laid off
Nice, Clean and Productive work place
Down Home Elegance (Current Employee) –  10832 Bellefontaine dr.February 25, 2014
A typical work day insisted of me waiting on tables and trying my best to satisfy my customer's. All of my co-worker's got along with one another. But, the hardest part of that job was dealing with different personalities.
Manager is Amazing
Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 7, 2013
My Boss is super cool and understanding. Can't say the same for the rest of the people working there.
Pros
great manager
Cons
short breaks, rude people to work with
First stepping stone out of college.
Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOSeptember 4, 2013
I work a general help desk shift . I have learned a lot from senior team members but have surpassed most of them. Management is a work in progress. Most of the co-workers are nice and easy to get a long with. The hardest part of my day is dealing others left behind work. The most enjoyable is leaving for the day.
Pros
growing company
Cons
under payed
A good job for the right person.
Level 1 Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 12, 2013
Varying assignments on daily basis.
Met a lot of nice customers.
Higher management corrupt.
All co-workers there to make a living.
Crawling around in attics not enjoyable.
Sucks
Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSApril 16, 2013
They require to much work for to little pay. No training and management has no idea of the direction or planning they are trying to implement.
Office
Customer Service/Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 14, 2013
Not bad place to work. People were nice. Pay was low. Work hours were nice.
Cons
low pay
Terrible place to work!!!!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 23, 2012
They offer no training and expect you to come out of the gate producing on day one. The RVP changes his mind daily and the rules even more often. Most difficult place I've ever worked!!!
Pros
not a one
Cons
bad pay, bad benefits, no training
Interface Security
Secure Operations Operator (Former Employee) –  Earth City MoJune 27, 2012
Interface is a great place to work if you do not have a family or prior commitments outside of work. They are not flexible with the schedule and you work 12 hour shifts. It is nice however to have a 3 day weekend every other week. It is a very stressful environment to work in and the managers are hit or miss. Some of them are wonderful and others are a nightmare. I left due to the fact that I had a newborn and it was impossible to balance 12 hour shifts with no compromising in attendance with a new baby at home. You work almost every holiday and every other weekend.

2.9