Interim HealthCare Employee Reviews in United States

Extremely Unorganized
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 24, 2016
While working at Interim Healthcare as an Employment Specialist, I experienced no work/life balance. My co-workers and I rotated nightly and weekend on-call responsibilities, which made for several sleepless and anxious nights. Overtime was consistently required several nights a week, even though we were salary employees, they used each and every one of us to the absolute maximum.

Not only did this company experience high turn-over, they sent their caregivers all-over town from one assignment to the next, with little to no notice. Generally, the environments in which people were subjected to were low-income, unsanitary public housing and nursing facilities.

Consistent claims of bed bugs, fleas, and other unsanitary conditions poured into our on-call line on a weekly basis. I left this position because the on-call responsibilities consumed my personal life-work balance.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Management, Salary Enslavement, High Turnover
Terrible place to work, nurses are in and out the door.
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMarch 15, 2016
Terrible place to work. It is a revolving door of nursing, directors, aides, and office staff. Unless you've been there a while and really stuck your nose up the owners butts, be prepared to be treated terribly. I'm sure any other Interim is great to work at. But the one in Roseville could care less about you. They take on as many clients as they can so they can make as much money as possible, drive their brand new vehicles, and pretend like you don't exist. But when it comes to their employees, they will stick you with as many clients as possible and not care. Office staff is stretched to the max as well.
If you want to work over 100 hours every two weeks with no advancement or raises in sight, this is the place for you!
Pros
Clients/Patients
Cons
Just about everything
RN's- Warning! Do Not Apply Here!!!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 6, 2016
Where should I start? Low pay, expensive benefits, they don't care about employees going out in unsafe driving conditions, high staff turn-over, horrible charting system, and tons of paperwork. Majority of patients are medicaid patients with some private/Medicare patients. If you are not a skilled RN then this is the place for you. If you are skilled, get ready to be frustrated and watch your nursing skills disappear. They are understaffed in the field but overstaffed in the office!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
low pay, high turnover, bad charting system, paperwork excessive
Always given great clients.
LNA and CNA (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMarch 2, 2016
Clients are good to be with, and care for. Have learned to do Tube Feedings, and ceiling lifts. Management messed up at times. Co-workers nice. My job is not hard, I have alot of experience over the years. Enjoy meeting interesting clients. The pay is low, and no raises given.
Pros
Easy to communicate with.
Cons
Low pay.
As a per diem RN I am unable to get enough work
Per Diem RN (Current Employee) –  Cahaba Heights, ALJanuary 20, 2016
I have traveled as far as four hours from home to manage a four hour infusion, requiring an overnight stay for which I receive no compensation. As the main income for my family I simply cannot provide adequately for my family. I could afford to work with Interim it would be a great job with a good life work balance.
Pros
Good management, good life work balance, and weekly pay.
Cons
Pay is insufficient to my needs, no benefits.
Poor infrastructure and management
Business Development and Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAOctober 9, 2015
This company is franchised, so the type of management will vary greatly. The owner I was employed under was demeaning, unprofessional and hostile at times. The compensation plan was unattainable and held at a negative if goals where not met, making it next to impossible to get commission when it was made. The clinicians are over worked and always short staffed. The office staff was always nice, but certain people in the office were given more opportunity than others.
Overall, the so called family environment, that was ideal in the beginning, lost its value due to terrible management, no employee support and horrible structure.
Pros
Decent salary with mostly friendly people
Cons
Terrible Management, bad benefits, no staff support or communication
Great small company feel
Staffer (Current Employee) –  MNJanuary 11, 2016
Very heavy staffing, payroll (which is a very difficult process), staff retention, file audits, recruiting. Team is very easy to work with and very helpful. Management is open and honest and easy to work under.
Pros
helpful co-workers
Cons
benefits aren't great, no room to grow or advance
work correctly and make minimum wage
RN (Former Employee) –  palm beach, flAugust 23, 2015
There is so much turn over within administration. They must pay them as poorly as the nurses. Non-medical middle men get rich while you work yourself down to minimum wage from a $70 start of care, if you wish to protect your licence and do right by the patient. They do not deserve any nurses and we should all strike home care in general. I am a very tech savvy quick worker, and I do not believe I ever exceeded 18 $ an hour, some cases under $10!!! Say no to home health care. Bag groceries at publixs, at least you will get benefits, and not gamble with your licence.
Pros
saying your unavailable that day
Cons
making 10 $ an hour after gas, drive time, dressing change, iv, 3 pages of meds
Autonomous, multitasking, independent, diverse nursing
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GANovember 3, 2015
Worked long hours to provide professional nursing care as a part of a multidisciplinary team-many uncompensated for financially but rewarded intellectually and spiritually by increased knowledge base and patients return to health. Enjoyed the diversity and challenge of complexity and need for extensive knowledge/performance basis to deliver great patient care. There was a great need to manage time and focus since work had a great potential to follow you home for completion if not. Teamwork was of essence as we collaborated for optimum outcomes for patients.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Frequent upper management changes, noncompetitive pay rates
Doctors and nurses were very patient and willing to allow extern to learn and participate in patient intake.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, NC 28472June 24, 2016
Great place extern/work if wanting to specialize in a specialized medical field such as cardiology. Typical day included intake of patients by taking vital signs and if necessary perform EKG. Schedule appointments and tests based on patient. Patient teaching when scheduling tests. Call patients with test results, prescription refill, and appointments. The best part of the job was working with patients and participating in their visit to find out about their heart. The hardest part of the extern was learning the EHR system but in time it became easier with practice.
Pros
A lot to learn, friendly staff, lunch often provided and great benefits
Cons
Limited on advancement and limited breaks.
Heartless Supervisor of both Tulsa & OKC location
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 27, 2016
Having advanced from being an Orders Clerk to being a Billing Specialist, I began getting more and more responsibilities: ordered all supplies except medical supplies, was contact for Cox phones, Building Management, and copiers. I uploaded insurance claims, processed private duty claims, mailed, faxed and emailed claims out, posted the exceptions report, ran errands, made coffee, loaded the copier daily and was 3rd in line for answering all incoming calls.

So, I went from what was initially strictly billing to a person who could handle any responsibilities --"Let XX do it" to we don't need you any more. Even worse, I was offered a CSR job and when I declined, I had to sign a form stating I'd turned down another job thereby making it improbable that I could get unemployment. The job offer was not a thoughtful maneuver, believe me.

Now the supervisor of both locations had an eagle eye for finding anything you didn't do according to her specifications and she would micromanage anyone who fell in that category. She made employees miserable for a simple mistake. Before I was laid off, the company had published another form asking for how the environment could be improved--there had been crazy turnovers since I had started there--and I'd have to say that was a blatant lack of respect for the people that worked there. My immediate supervisor was wonderful--absolutely no complaints there. We enjoyed working together tremendously.

Through the grapevine, I'd heard how "henpecked" employees and their supervisors were by the head supervisor of the locations. She believed
  more... that people shouldn't be thanked for doing their job--they were just expected to do it, and do it well. So, the lack of appreciation for loyal and hardworking employees is devoid. When I was laid off, I felt like toilet paper--completely disposable. And, I had built up several hours of vacation which I was entitled to use after 6 months of employment. However, some fine print read that I couldn't find, no vacation hours would be paid out since I hadn't been there a year.

Benefits: None.
Respect for my efforts & loyalty: None

The turnover will continue until the upper management changes unfortunately.
Pros
Casual Environment, some friendly coworkers
Cons
No mutual respect from upper management--it trickles downward.
Full of empty promises
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHJune 10, 2016
I started out with the 40 hours I asked for and was promised. But the more senior employees started demanding more hours. Guess where they got them? Yes, they took hours from me and gave them to the other employees. I went from 40 hours a week to 6. After that, I stopped going to work. What was the point? Every time I got hours, they were taken away and given to others. When I was let go, it didn't even affect me; it was already like I didn't even have a job, so what did I lose? Six hours isn't even enough to put gas in the car to go to work, which is why I stopped going.
Pros
Payroll advances on upcoming paycheck, but only if you put in the hours
Cons
constantly lose hours, no mileage reimbursement, required to always be on call, making it impossible to pick up a second job
Good company until they turn their back on you.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJune 8, 2016
I work for this company twice .The first time was wonderful!I had a handful of clients that were regular.Then I returned the second time same clients!!I would take the difficult clients plus a regular work load. All call-off ect! I truly went the extra mile .Well one of my clients started using caffeine pills and snorting them .I reported to the office ! It was turned around on me thru the client stating I was using those.I was told to take a drug test to keep my job .I complied and passed the drug screen. Instead of giving me different clients they made me resign.I should have sued them for this but I was really just hurt and disappointed!!
Pros
Good schedulers ceo-a jerk
Cons
No mileage reimburment..they dont back up their staff!
Productive work place
H.H.A (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 23, 2015
Is very good agency,they have good benefits,and he has given me the opportunity to work with several people of which I have learned
Cons
Health Care
Did not live up to original agreement
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 9, 2016
A new area for me, no medical experience other than giving out insurance information. Management assured me they would be patient with training, with review after 3 months.

Training went great, received high praises from trainer. Within 3 days of training completion, business referrals began increasing and I was unable to keep up. When I asked for help as I was directed to do, I was told how to prioritize. I already knew how to prioritize but knew there was not enough time to complete everything.

After 3.5 weeks, I was terminated for only being able to complete 55% of total work duties which would be required after 3 months.
Cons
No breaks, lunch IF your job was done.
Nothing is promised; Promises broken; high turn-over rate
Hospice/Home Health Licensed Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 31, 2016
Nothing is guaranteed. Turnover is high. They treat their employees like they treat their temp. staff, unless you're administrative. Field staff are invisible until someone complains. It is a very exclusionary and they train everyone in multiple positions that you are not properly trained in or even applied to do. There's money problems, as many employees have had their hours reduced. They offer no continuing education and don't defend their employees. They are spread very thin and can't keep good employees, then blame employees.
Pros
Friendly at first
Cons
cut back in hours, high turn over, staff spread thin
room for improvement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 31, 2015
The work environment at Interim Healthcare was tensely chaotic. No clear job rolls, aggressive management style, no employee retention or satisfaction was ever addressed. They don't train employees well before sending them out to the field. The informatics system is complicated and un-user friendly. The women in the office work hard and try to keep things together. Possibly the cheapest company that I've worked for to date. They don't treat employees well.
Poor environment, negative people, poor management, HIGHLY TOXIC WORK PLACE
OA-scheduler (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2016
RUN FAR FROM THIS COMPANY!!! The work environment is extremely toxic, people are extremely unhappy with their jobs, and management is horrible. They promote job stability and growth BUT that will never happen. The turn over rate is extremely hight. People literally walk off the job on a weekly basis. Management does not support you and they are only concerned about keeping their own jobs. I wish I did better research on this company before joining.
Pros
Run from this company don't walk
Cons
Toxic work environment, horrible training, non supportive working environment
Good work environment with people willing to help
RN case manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 17, 2016
A typical day at Interim involved me driving to see 4-6 patients a day in their home. I learned how to be independent and make nursing judgments independently. I learned how to care for patients in a new environment i.e. their home. I leaned how to communicate more effectively with my coworkers. The most difficult part of my job was the amount of paperwork required for me to complete in a short time frame. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people happy and cared for in their own homes.
Pros
Free lunch on occasion, helpful coworkers, mileage reimbursement
Cons
A lot of paperwork, long hours
The employees or management are always there when you have questions or a problem and answer in an appropriate amount of time
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, NCJune 14, 2016
Interim Health Care has great clients to work with. I love each and every one that I have worked with during my time at this facility. The management is great about answering questions or helping with a problem in a timely manner. They are always friendly and willing to help which makes a big difference and helps me to feel appreciated and needed.The facility also holds parties for the NA's and that is really thoughtful of them. The only complaint that I can possibly think of is the benefits and the pay. I wish that the facility would offer pay raises more often especially to those with reports of great patient care. Some kind of health benefits would be nice and greatly appreciated too. With that being said, I would highly recommend Interim Health Care to others because the workplace is enjoyable.
Pros
The facility holds parties for NA's during the holidays, great management, great clients to work with.
Cons
No benefits and has not received a pay raise during my two years of service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interim HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9