Interior Architects Employee Reviews

average place to work, management is not great
Senior Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2017
The culture in the office is great. I had wonderful peers to work with. However, the management could not make up their mind on how the run the office and changed the rules many times. As a PM, this became a very difficult way to work and maintain successful projects (i.e. profitable).

The management would promise certain things to the staff and rarely came through with the promises. Not dependable with follow-through of promises to staff.
Pros
Great staff to work with in the office
Cons
Terrible local office management
Terrible place to work
Designer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2017
Very bad job security. Do not go into design. Design is the worst career choice ever!

If you are looking for a good career, go into the medical field.
Pros
Cons
The list is too long
Great office environment and learning experience
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 17, 2016
A typical day was working on multiple projects at different phases of design. I learned so much from the company, how the real world does construction drawings and how to really deal with clients. The opportunity to work there has improved my Revit skills for construction documents. Everyone that worked there was great at answering any questions I had and great at including me in what was going on in the office. The management was management but at the same time they were easy to talk to and always asked how I was and how everything was going with projects. The hardest part was just being new to the design field fresh from school but the most enjoyable was just learning how things really were in the design world.
Great employees terrible management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 1, 2016
The management shouldn't be management. Ever project is run like its a fire drill with no guidance at all. Quick decisions are made which leads to working late for no reason.
The employees are great, but management is terrible.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Great company, but lack of opportunity to advance
Junior designer (Former Employee) –  Pacific NWSeptember 29, 2015
I worked for this company for a few years and sought to advance in my career. However, upon being there a few months, I realized I was in a silo and unable to despite my efforts and meeting with management. I sought to take classes to improve my skills, and learn other tasks, but I was consistently locked in to my role without any additional assistance from the employer.

The client IA had set the pay rates and I was under-compensated.

I learned much and was an expert at what I did, but the opportunity to grow and advance as advertised in the interviews and offer letter never came to fruition.

One would think that a firm dedicated to its clients and its employees would assist those interested in advancing themselves for the benefit of the company.

I'd think twice before checking out IA in the Pacific NW.
Pros
Lunch and learns, happy hours, young work force
Cons
under-compensated, lack of ability to advance professionally
Flexible place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 12, 2015
I didn't have to answer the phone at the front desk. I got to create my own Inventory/Ordering Lists. Great people to work with on a daily basis.
Pros
Casual work environment
Cons
No benefits
Open plan office, great view over the lake, nice work environment
Junior Project Architect - Corporate Interiors (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2014
Developing construction documents for corporate interiors projects, reviewing finish submittals, millwork. Developing 3D sketches, using multiple computer aided software.
Excellent company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2012
This company was professional and provided a safe, educational environment with room to grow.
Pros
excellent environment
Cons
low starting pay