Interline Brands Employee Reviews in United States

Could have more professional and educated staff.
Shipping Lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2015
The management could use better guidance and a more solid structural format.The daily moral of multiple co-workers seems to fluctuate week to week due to a high turnover rate. Within 3 months I have moved from a position of just pulling order's, to leading a group of my peers in an area that is responsible for accurately shipping out over 52% of the companies annual sales. My day to day responsibilities have highly increased, though my value as an asset in regards to fulfilling the companies high demand for products has not been recognized nor rewarded. The hardest part of the job is early in the month when the orders are the heaviest. The most enjoyable part is knowing everything is getting done in a fast paced efficient manner!
Pros
Free lunch occasionally, good morning commute
Cons
poor leadership quality, work moral, compensation for more responsibilities
Don't Make it A Career
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 2, 2015
Typical day at work was clocking in and have no clue on what you were going to be doing that day, every day you'd be doing something different. The management loves to try new things (that have been tried before) which never work at all and usually they prolong the day even more. If your looking for an 8 hour a day job this is not the place you want to be. It seemed like almost every month your start time would change 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am ,3pm, 4pm with no clue on what time you'd be going home. Turn over rate is the highest I have ever seen or heard of. If you need a job asap then take it but do not stop applying for other jobs Interline Brands is not a place you want to make a career out of.
Pros
Great Co Workers
Cons
Company does not care about employees
good start up job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Doraville, GAMarch 3, 2016
no way to advance at all good start up job . ppl there are ok no way to advance within at all . long hours didnt get till like 3am every night barely got to see my kids.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long nights low pay
I'm an old timer who knows how to work hard, always worked as a team player or alone
Office Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2016
Office Manager/Operations

Multi Tasking, learned how a large company operates and followed the hand book, also made my decisions on many different issues. I was part of management.Always worked as a team player with my co-workers. No hard part in this position being I always made sure all departments were up to date on everything corporate needed to ok. Most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers along with my boss who was President of the electrical side of Interline brands
Pros
everyone worked well together
Cons
sometimes I had to work weekends every now & then on the operation side of my job
Management is terrible
Truck Loader, Quality Controler, Stock Picker. (Former Employee) –  Levittown, PAMarch 20, 2015
I've worked for this company for 5yrs it started out OK working a mandatory 10hrs everyday for the first few months then things got a little better. But that was all temporary things went downhill rather quick to the point the Branch manager was fired and replaced along with the new manager came a handful of other managers. Well they are all terrible they lack in communication and disregard any kind of idea their employees have to make the place run more efficient. They talk to you and treat you as if you were a peasant I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy, the Levittown Branch anyway I can't speak for the others but from what I read I am not surprised it seems about the same. If you like working 10 to 12hrs a day and still be told your not working hard enough this is a place for you.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
pay, management, benefits, strenous on family life
Lead----Back up delivery driver
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 13, 2016
This job was really a great place to work at times. I learned so much there as driving trucks, shipping parts and products. My management team was awesome they always lend a helping hand and they just didn't sit behind a desk. My co-workers where great for the most part we had so many people working in the warehouse. The hardest part of this job was not knowing when I would go home.. We worked lots and lots of overtime which wasn't good for my children because we never saw each other much.
Pros
made great money there
Cons
I had to leave
Sales
sales (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FlJuly 15, 2015
Good compensation however no job security. I have always been in sales and most sales positions have offered a great deal of job security provided Im hitting goals. This company is in a transition phase so Im always concerned about being laid off.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Company in transition/no job security
Overview
Executive Business to Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville flOctober 22, 2015
This company has potential however in my particular situation I have had 3 different managers in the span of 1 year. They have been disorganized as far as product offering and inventory controls. The operations of this company are a huge setback to those who are not coddled by their manager. They do give you a great work life balance in that it is M-F 8-5, however their lack of leadership has this company floundering.
Pros
Bonuses and spiffs from time to time
Cons
Micro management and bad operations
Great place to work..
Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  SLC UTMay 25, 2015
This company was surprisingly good to work for, Everyday was busy so the days went fast. You needed to be a hard worker because you were constantly moving, the constant overtime was amazing, Except for Saturdays you typically worked 70 hr weeks every week. as for the Management, it changed hands all the time so we worked for a onsite supervisor who did a great job trying his best.
Pros
great benefits, lots of overtime.
Cons
6 day a weeks. they can take a toll
Lack of any accountability for doing things wrong. Unsafe working environment.
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville fl.September 12, 2015
This is for janpak owned by Interline brands. Very unsafe working environment. 25 foot shelves with exam gloves on the concrete floor and top shelf is stocked with pallets of 1800 lbs of trash can liners. As well as pallets of chemicals weighing 1700 lbs. First shift doesn't care about the job. Second shift doesn't care about the job. Management of the warehouse side doesn't care. Serious lack of training or any real help from supervisor.
Sad that any company allows things to go on knowing what rules and regulations by OSHA have to say.
I was told 6pm to 2am or until the job is done. The manager who hired me said no later than 4 or 5 am at the worst. Yeah it was more like 4 am regularly. And a lot of 6 am or later.
In closing beware of janpak owned by Interline brands. Know what you will have to deal with unless they have changed work practices.
Pros
None really
Cons
Long hours, low pay, unsafe working environment people don't care about the job just the pay check.
productive
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 24, 2016
Operates pressing machine to smooth surfaces, flatten seams, or shape articles, in manufacturing or dry cleaning establishments
Rearranges articles on buck and repeats process until pressing is complete
Work in fast pace environment to ensure service level meet.
Tough to love it.
Metro Market Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Interesting place. Lots of confusing agenda's mixed with high stress levels and a general lack of respect for people. Direct boss is nice but is under pressure to reach unobtainable goals. Team setting, growing sales force, high turnover, and uninspired advancement. They seem to play favorites at times and demand from the mushrooms. Mixed emotions since my hire. Some good some bad. Beware the pay structure, they leave out some details that can affect your check. Typical big company sandbox. Its a ride.
Pros
full benefits, good schedules. work out room.
Cons
telesales spin. high expectations.
Productive good employee with under payed salary.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 27, 2016
At coaster we being at 8am every morning. We have a meeting with all employee for 10 to 15 minute we then do a safety check on whatever machine or any equipment we use thought out the day.
friendly and dediccated
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 6, 2016
A fun workplace at very organize and dedicated to provide to its customers co-workers helps eachother when ever needed management gives you the tools that you need to complete your task
Fast paced, great employees and a great manager
Order picker for on-line Home Depot (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 4, 2016
Very fast paced, learned to be a hard worker, everybody in the team is a key player, being really high on the forklifts with small space to drive, the employees were an awesome team & very friendly.
Pros
gift cards, free lunches
Cons
hours
Great Company
Distributor Sales (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Interline Brands. Great company and culture to work for. My time here has taught me the value of people and the experience factor they bring to the table.
Enjoyable company to work for
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAFebruary 19, 2016
Enjoy my day to day duties of delivering my product to customers. My fellow drivers are also enjoyable to be around. Really like being out on the road.
Pros
Freedom of working independently
Cons
Driving in winter can be taxing at times but i really dont mind it
Productive, Busy setting
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Levittown, PAAugust 20, 2013
Very productive warehouse, from start to finish. High volume. I never had any warehouse experience before I started and they gave me an opportunity and I learned alot, able to operate and machinery, preferably Power industrial equipment. Management is very good, expect above satisfactory work ethics from there employees. Co Workers are good and we communicate well which is very important. The hardest part of the job is making sure every order we ship out is complete, error free, and in excellent condition. The most enjoyable part of the job is being effective at completing tasks at hand in an efficient way.
Pros
benefits, communication, pay rate
Cons
mandatory overtime, hours ( work from 9am dont get home until 9pm most nights)
Terrible management and terrible work hours.
Shipping Associate (Current Employee) –  DoravilleOctober 8, 2015
The management team in the Doraville facility, mainly the shipping supervisor and the assistant operations manager are clueless about managing a distribution center. The shipping department is poorly managed. There is no consistency whatsoever. Work hours constantly change, daily responsibilities constantly change and they train you to do multiple job functions, but only pay you for one. The pay is not good for the amount of hours you put in daily. If you have a family to take care of especially if you are a single parent, this
is not the job for you. If you do not have reliable transportation this not the job for you, some nights you could work until 2-3 in the morning and your shift began between 10-12 that morning. After working all of that over time in one day, they take it away by cutting your hours the next day. They don't properly train you for whatever position they hire you for.The shipping department is being ran on a trial and error system. In some situations that can be a good thing, but in this one it's not. I am actively looking for a better job.
Cons
High health care, management, work hours, pay
Everyday is challenging, this a fast paced evironment with a lot of moving components.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, NYJuly 23, 2015
Everyday is challenging, fast paced environment with a lot of moving components. Interline [Barnett/US Lock] are very profitable organization nationwide presence in competitive markets. I enjoy working with my staff each of us contributing to the success of the company as well to our own advancement and monetary gains.
Pros
Having authority and autonomy in the work place.
Cons
Company has changed ownership several times in recent years.