Intermedia Employee Reviews

Loved working for this company
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 8, 2017
I learned a lot working for this company. I got my Net+ certification and I learned a lot more Technical Networking and router work. It was a great place to work and the work culture was great and my peers were very intelligent.
Cons
Salary
Great place to disappear and never move up
Operations (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 13, 2016
Co-workers are great. Typical workday is mundane and repetitive. No tuition reimbursement. No outside training. On the positive side they do have a nice gym and cafeteria. Some groups are allowed to work from home.
Pros
Gym, Ping Pong, Subsidized lunches, People
Cons
Management, lack of training
Productive workplace where you can learn plenty of social skills
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 22, 2016
Productive workplace where you can learn plenty of social skills and how to engage properly in conversation and you also get your sales approach better
One of the best companies that I worked at.
TIER 3 SUPPORT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 6, 2016
The environment at Intermedia was always inspiring and the people were happy and great to work with. I think this was because the management style was fantastic; they were leaders and knew how to lead people. I enjoyed my work and the industry.
Very, very sad people
Management (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 28, 2015
I worked at the Bellevue, WA location for almost a year as a Manager, and I have never experienced such a soul crushing environment in my entire professional career (Over 30 years).

You cannot find a culture in this place, and ever since the former company that these employees worked for was taken over by Intermedia, the culture and management continues to this day to take a slow dive into oblivion. I have never quit a job before (I am NOT a quitter, I soldier though no matter what), and I don't plan to in the future, but this place was so sad, oppressive and negative, I had no choice but to leave before I lost my will to live.

They paid me well, but (especially if you are young and new to the job market), you will find that no matter how much money you make, that dollar amount cannot make up for the experience of being around unfulfilled, poorly supervised, sad and angry people all day.

Not all call centers are like this. Some of the most fun I have had in my career has been in a call center environment.

My suggestion? Unless you are about to be evicted, have no hope in your life or just enjoy looking at people who are about to run a hose from the exhaust pipe of their car into the drivers compartment to end their life, I would steer as far away from this company as possible.
Pros
Compensation was fair.
Cons
Everything else.
Fun Work place
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 14, 2014
When arriving to work, I would make sure everyone had everything that was needed. My co-workers are great team players and everyone would listen to each other. The management was great and the hardest part about the job, was sometimes the long hours. The most enjoyable portion of the job, was knowing that you would leave a shoot feeling accomplished.
Pros
co - workers, locations
Cons
An exciting place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2015
An exciting place to work, friendly staff and co-workers. The management and office staff were very supportive and maintained an open line of communication with employees and customers. Supervisors’ encouraged friendly competition games to help agents stay focused in order to meet and/or exceed their goals.
Pros
Weekly Celebrations
Cons
Always put the customer first and don't take it personal
Great Company
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2015
The people are fantastic! They pay is great but mobility is very limited. Management has a hard time keeping good people and helping them move up through the ranks. Talent is constantly leaving for larger companies.
Simple review
Technical Support Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 5, 2016
Great company. I am grateful to have this opportunity. Wonderful staff, and great training. They have been treating me pretty great.
Very friendly atmosphere.
Cst3 (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNSeptember 27, 2012
Cable system maintanance,collections and customer assistance.
Electronics involved in cable repair and maintance and good people skills,Mapping and trouble shooting.
Very resoursefull and beneficial in getting tools and equipment to complete the daily tasks.
Resoursefull and professional.
Climbing multiple telephone poles in any given day and working cable outages in a storm.
Benefits and schedule'
Pros
satisfaction of system repair and operation.
Cons
some very long nights when on call rotation comes around.
Very productive company with very happy workers. Including a Ping Pong room and Weight room,
Richmar Assoicate Temp - Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 2, 2013
Typical day: Open view emails, send replies. A paperless company retrieve all new invoices from AP email. Posted invoices thought out the day; Coded GL and Cost Center. Filed and clearing suppliers invoices into their electronic files. Retrieve invoices from supplier own websites. 1% hard copy invoices, scanned and create files.
Learned: The new software Coupa and Netsuite systems.
I emailed and conversed to supplier to get them on board the Intermedia.Net Coupa Procurement Billing System to upload there own bill(s) data. When suppliers entered their own invoice(s) data the Coupa Bill system would retrieve straight into Intermedia.Net actual posting for payment release. I had to address high/medium suppliers to take advantage of system to have their payment release at net term.
Management and employees were great to work with.
I was taught and learned a lot. Many new invoice breakdowns.
Hard part: Starting date mid Dec. 2013 with year end close.
Pros
free snack and drinks all day and weekly fruit & bagels. with suprising snacks just because.
Cons
just start late and late release.
Typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 20, 2013
loved being on phones with customers i learned how to help out alot of customers when they were out raged i calmed the customer down. Loved working with coworkers and helping each other out i got along well with fellow employees. Management was very helpful with all my task,at first few days of employment was hard after a week things fell into place.
Great Co-Workers
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2016
Great working in indirect sales after years and years of direct business to business sales. Here, you learn a new avenue to pursue in terms of generating pipeline and revenue
Fun Place to work
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Fun to work. I like the people at Intermedia. I don't feel challenge enough at Intermedia. My boss is very knowledgeable and very flexible. I enjoy working for her.
love what i did
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 27, 2015
I loved being able to help customers on a daily bases with there banking needs.. i just did not care for the teamleaders who never got on the phones or in to the systems we used...
Good people, but growing pains
Inside Account Manager-Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2015
understaffed account management team working accounts that generate little revenue and want to lower their bills. spend too much time assisting accounts you don't get credit for towards your quota.
Awful sales management
Sales (Former Employee) –  CAApril 3, 2015
Hours are awful, pay is surprisingly good, but you're basically a call monkey, and they clock every little thing you do.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Senior management in ivory tower
Temporary position for open annual enrollment.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 11, 2014
I loved working for Intermedia. The work environment was friendly and laid back but business casual. I loved the incentives for a job well done. The constant feedback we received was welcoming and helped everyone to learn and fix small flaws in call quality. I loved advising and helping customers find a insurance plan. I would go back to work for them again if they were to be employed by Blue Cross Blue Shield again!
A fine workplace with courteous people
Reception Desk, Cloud IT company Part-time (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 26, 2014
This is a wonderful workplace and I hadn't seen anything like it previously.
My co-workers are professional and friendly.
I work only part time but it is pleasant work and I'd like to be able to do more there.
Pros
Lunches in the cafeteria 3 times a week for only $5; lots of teas, coffees and snacks available.
Productive and fun workplace
marketing Solutions (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMarch 23, 2012
They are a sub-company that sells for bigger company's. The department I was working in sold Verizon phone and internet over the phone to customers. I earned a lot of telemarketing and customer service skills working at the job!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intermedia. Our community is ready to answer.