Intermedia

Intermedia Employee Reviews

love what i did
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 27, 2015
I loved being able to help customers on a daily bases with there banking needs.. i just did not care for the teamleaders who never got on the phones or in to the systems we used...
Great Company
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2015
The people are fantastic! They pay is great but mobility is very limited. Management has a hard time keeping good people and helping them move up through the ranks. Talent is constantly leaving for larger companies.
An exciting place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2015
An exciting place to work, friendly staff and co-workers. The management and office staff were very supportive and maintained an open line of communication with employees and customers. Supervisors’ encouraged friendly competition games to help agents stay focused in order to meet and/or exceed their goals.
Pros
Weekly Celebrations
Cons
Always put the customer first and don't take it personal
Great
Inbound Tech support (Former Employee) –  Mountain View CaliforniaMay 8, 2015
Paid well stimulating job. Rewarding to help people and see results. Also learning new things. Keeping me on my toes. Great training and access to learning materials
Awful sales management
Sales (Former Employee) –  CAApril 3, 2015
Hours are awful, pay is surprisingly good, but you're basically a call monkey, and they clock every little thing you do.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Senior management in ivory tower
Very, very sad people
Management (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 28, 2015
I worked at the Bellevue, WA location for almost a year as a Manager, and I have never experienced such a soul crushing environment in my entire professional career (Over 30 years).

You cannot find a culture in this place, and ever since the former company that these employees worked for was taken over by Intermedia, the culture and management continues to this day to take a slow dive into oblivion. I have never quit a job before (I am NOT a quitter, I soldier though no matter what), and I don't plan to in the future, but this place was so sad, oppressive and negative, I had no choice but to leave before I lost my will to live.

They paid me well, but (especially if you are young and new to the job market), you will find that no matter how much money you make, that dollar amount cannot make up for the experience of being around unfulfilled, poorly supervised, sad and angry people all day.

Not all call centers are like this. Some of the most fun I have had in my career has been in a call center environment.

My suggestion? Unless you are about to be evicted, have no hope in your life or just enjoy looking at people who are about to run a hose from the exhaust pipe of their car into the drivers compartment to end their life, I would steer as far away from this company as possible.
Pros
compensation was fair.
Cons
everything else.
Good people, but growing pains
Inside Account Manager-Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2015
understaffed account management team working accounts that generate little revenue and want to lower their bills. spend too much time assisting accounts you don't get credit for towards your quota.
Casual
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 11, 2014
The work environment was casual.

We were also team oriented.

Things that may involve difficulties would be to pick up on where a last technician left off via our ticket system

Other than that, everything was great.
Pros
free snacks, free soda
Cons
no cons
Temporary position for open annual enrollment.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 11, 2014
I loved working for Intermedia. The work environment was friendly and laid back but business casual. I loved the incentives for a job well done. The constant feedback we received was welcoming and helped everyone to learn and fix small flaws in call quality. I loved advising and helping customers find a insurance plan. I would go back to work for them again if they were to be employed by Blue Cross Blue Shield again!
A fine workplace with courteous people
Reception Desk, Cloud IT company Part-time (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 26, 2014
This is a wonderful workplace and I hadn't seen anything like it previously.
My co-workers are professional and friendly.
I work only part time but it is pleasant work and I'd like to be able to do more there.
Pros
lunches in the cafeteria 3 times a week for only $5; lots of teas, coffees and snacks available.
Fun Work place
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 14, 2014
When arriving to work, I would make sure everyone had everything that was needed. My co-workers are great team players and everyone would listen to each other. The management was great and the hardest part about the job, was sometimes the long hours. The most enjoyable portion of the job, was knowing that you would leave a shoot feeling accomplished.
Pros
co - workers, locations
Typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 20, 2013
loved being on phones with customers i learned how to help out alot of customers when they were out raged i calmed the customer down. Loved working with coworkers and helping each other out i got along well with fellow employees. Management was very helpful with all my task,at first few days of employment was hard after a week things fell into place.
Very productive company with very happy workers. Including a Ping Pong room and Weight room,
Richmar Assoicate Temp - Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 2, 2013
Typical day: Open view emails, send replies. A paperless company retrieve all new invoices from AP email. Posted invoices thought out the day; Coded GL and Cost Center. Filed and clearing suppliers invoices into their electronic files. Retrieve invoices from supplier own websites. 1% hard copy invoices, scanned and create files.
Learned: The new software Coupa and Netsuite systems.
I emailed and conversed to supplier to get them on board the Intermedia.Net Coupa Procurement Billing System to upload there own bill(s) data. When suppliers entered their own invoice(s) data the Coupa Bill system would retrieve straight into Intermedia.Net actual posting for payment release. I had to address high/medium suppliers to take advantage of system to have their payment release at net term.
Management and employees were great to work with.
I was taught and learned a lot. Many new invoice breakdowns.
Hard part: Starting date mid Dec. 2013 with year end close.
Pros
free snack and drinks all day and weekly fruit & bagels. with suprising snacks just because.
Cons
just start late and late release.
fun
Marketing - Trainer/telemarketer (Former Employee) –  15906March 26, 2013
lots of turnover, lots of coworkers. hard to sit in a seat all day.
customer service and sales I am so good at this that I was promoted to a training job.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Maintenance/Sweep Technician (Former Employee) –  MURFREESBORO,TNDecember 18, 2012
TROUBLESHOOTER, EXCELLENT EMPLOYEE, A PLEASURE TO BE AROUND
Very friendly atmosphere.
Cst3 (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNSeptember 27, 2012
Cable system maintanance,collections and customer assistance.
Electronics involved in cable repair and maintance and good people skills,Mapping and trouble shooting.
Very resoursefull and beneficial in getting tools and equipment to complete the daily tasks.
Resoursefull and professional.
Climbing multiple telephone poles in any given day and working cable outages in a storm.
Benefits and schedule'
Pros
satisfaction of system repair and operation.
Cons
some very long nights when on call rotation comes around.
The company allowed me to learn about industries I had not yet worked in.
Sr Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 19, 2012
I enjoyed working there. The projects covered several industries and different departments which allow me to grow as a Project Manager.
Productive and fun workplace
marketing Solutions (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMarch 23, 2012
They are a sub-company that sells for bigger company's. The department I was working in sold Verizon phone and internet over the phone to customers. I earned a lot of telemarketing and customer service skills working at the job!