Intermediate District 287 Employee Reviews in United States

Poor place to work
PCS (Former Employee) –  New HopeAugust 21, 2014
They will string you along for two years then let you go just before you can become tenure. I worked there for two years had great reviews then the new principle came in and she fired everyone or reassigned them. They are very unprofessional if they don't like you they will make up things to fire you. They way they conduct their reviews are very unprofessional not a good place to work.
Pros
kids
Cons
no lunch breaks, staff unprofessional
They don't like their education assistants
Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 16, 2014
When I put my 2 weeks notice in they failed to mention that I would not be paid for my sick/personal time that was accrued. I guess I was magically just supposed to know that. I could have not mentioned that I was quitting and gotten paid for the full two weeks but I was dumb and decided to go about it the professional way. I tried calling them to ask why I was not paid for my accrued time and they acted surprised that I wasn't aware. They also don't pay for holidays or any other time that you are not physically there. This is why they can't keep education assistants. Go ahead and take a look at how many schools are hiring for these positions. I am not happy with this school district or any other one. And don't get me started on the stupid union whom I guess made up all of these dumb stipulations.
Pros
the teachers and other education assistants
Cons
poor wages, no vacation time, only paid for the days you are physcially there
It is a very good place and equip with tools that fit the needs of our patients.
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Hope, MNFebruary 27, 2013
We always have a busy day at work and it always to wake up in the morning and get ready for this job. For the past five years, because of the opportunities that I have at my current job responsibilities as a teacher`s assistant. I have learnt to be more flexible and more opend minded. Our leaders are very repectable and always try their best to treat everyone as best as possible.Whatever we do we do it as a Unit and i probably will not survide without the input of my co-workers. I enjoy doing what I do and it becomes a part of who I am.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
we have regular half hour break
Special Ed and Gifted Ed
Educator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 12, 2012
Intermediate District 287 is a consortium of 12 west metro school districts offering more than 120 programs and services specially designed to help meet the unique learning needs of member district students. Programs include gifted education, special education, on-line learning, area learning centers and career and technical education. For some services, students are referred by their district of residence. For others, students and parents can choose to enroll directly.