Intermediate District 287

Intermediate District 287 Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work
Educator (Current Employee) –  West MetroJune 29, 2016
The environment at District 287 is the most collegial, collaborative and student centered school district that I have ever been a part of - I come to work every day realizing I am making a difference in the lives of the students we serve on behalf of our member districts. It is a great place to work!!
Pros
Colleagues; Leadership; Best Superintendent; Focus on learning
Totally screwed me over.
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  MNJune 14, 2016
Upon hire I was under the impression that I would be making a big difference in the lives of the students. Once my skills were "too good" (their words), they decided to relocate me. It destroyed the kids that I was working with, as well as my focus. They disrespected me and bullied me at the new location. They have this deep hatred for Educational Assistants. They also screwed me over my final paycheck, claiming that I took "too much sick leave." I the amount was deducted from my check. How do I still owe? It makes no sense whatsoever. I even gave them a month's notice.

If you are looking to work at this place, be smart. Always do the bare minimum. Don't trust anyone. If you're looking to work here as a licensed staff, don't.

They screw the kids over too. They lie to them about what to expect and they force them to exhibit behaviors because it allows them to make more money. They lie to the students about their credits and end up keeping them there longer than they need to be. The reason I left is mainly due to the way they wrong the kids.

District 287 only benefits itself. Unless you are one of the higher up admins, you'll get screwed. Stay away from this place.
Pros
Students.
Cons
No lunch break, no vacation pay, no decent healthcare, terrible supervisors and case managers, disrespectful co-workers
a caring and life canging enviornment.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 8, 2014
Always a warm welcome with more of a family like enviornment. Daily working together as a team to assist youth in education while teaching the importance of behavior mangement. District 287 is a district like no other, co-workers throughout the district are more like family who occassionally meet and spend time together whether its work or entertainment. I would say the most difficult part is the most exciting part in seeing kids graduate and move on. 287 a great work place!!
Poor place to work
PCS (Former Employee) –  New HopeAugust 21, 2014
They will string you along for two years then let you go just before you can become tenure. I worked there for two years had great reviews then the new principle came in and she fired everyone or reassigned them. They are very unprofessional if they don't like you they will make up things to fire you. They way they conduct their reviews are very unprofessional not a good place to work.
Pros
kids
Cons
no lunch breaks, staff unprofessional
Special Ed and Gifted Ed
Educator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 12, 2012
Intermediate District 287 is a consortium of 12 west metro school districts offering more than 120 programs and services specially designed to help meet the unique learning needs of member district students. Programs include gifted education, special education, on-line learning, area learning centers and career and technical education. For some services, students are referred by their district of residence. For others, students and parents can choose to enroll directly.
They don't like their education assistants
Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 16, 2014
When I put my 2 weeks notice in they failed to mention that I would not be paid for my sick/personal time that was accrued. I guess I was magically just supposed to know that. I could have not mentioned that I was quitting and gotten paid for the full two weeks but I was dumb and decided to go about it the professional way. I tried calling them to ask why I was not paid for my accrued time and they acted surprised that I wasn't aware. They also don't pay for holidays or any other time that you are not physically there. This is why they can't keep education assistants. Go ahead and take a look at how many schools are hiring for these positions. I am not happy with this school district or any other one. And don't get me started on the stupid union whom I guess made up all of these dumb stipulations.
Pros
the teachers and other education assistants
Cons
poor wages, no vacation time, only paid for the days you are physcially there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intermediate District 287. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7