Intermediate District 287

Intermediate District 287 Employee Reviews

287 is very Progressive and Innovative!
Anonomous (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MN.October 13, 2016
I have worked for 287 for many years and during these years I have witnessed an entire transformation of focus and direction that was all positive. First, our entire organizational structure was revamped to reflect a total student focus make-up. The new structure made it very clear that students are our primary reason for existing as an educational institution. This was no accident, it was an intentional and deliberate strategy based on the vision of our leaders. This organization serves some of the most challenging students in the state and does an awesome job at ensuring they are treated with dignity and respect regardless of how they come to us.

Secondly, our new strategic plan is focused on ensuring that we have the best system to effectively communicate with our member districts, our students and staff are not subjected to unfair and inequitable treatment, and that there's an accountability component that measures how effective these efforts are. No system is a good system without some level of accountability built into it.

These are some of the progressive and innovative ways that set this district apart from other districts. I am proud to belong to such an organization.
Pros
Innovative, forward thinking, not afraid to take calculated risks, and very collaborative.
Great Place to Work
Educator (Current Employee) –  West MetroJune 29, 2016
The environment at District 287 is the most collegial, collaborative and student centered school district that I have ever been a part of - I come to work every day realizing I am making a difference in the lives of the students we serve on behalf of our member districts. It is a great place to work!!
Pros
Colleagues; Leadership; Best Superintendent; Focus on learning
Totally screwed me over.
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  MNJune 14, 2016
Upon hire I was under the impression that I would be making a big difference in the lives of the students. Once my skills were "too good" (their words), they decided to relocate me. It destroyed the kids that I was working with, as well as my focus. They disrespected me and bullied me at the new location. They have this deep hatred for Educational Assistants. They also screwed me over my final paycheck, claiming that I took "too much sick leave." I the amount was deducted from my check. How do I still owe? It makes no sense whatsoever. I even gave them a month's notice.

If you are looking to work at this place, be smart. Always do the bare minimum. Don't trust anyone. If you're looking to work here as a licensed staff, don't.

They screw the kids over too. They lie to them about what to expect and they force them to exhibit behaviors because it allows them to make more money. They lie to the students about their credits and end up keeping them there longer than they need to be. The reason I left is mainly due to the way they wrong the kids.

District 287 only benefits itself. Unless you are one of the higher up admins, you'll get screwed. Stay away from this place.
Pros
Students.
Cons
No lunch break, no vacation pay, no decent healthcare, terrible supervisors and case managers, disrespectful co-workers
a caring and life canging enviornment.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 8, 2014
Always a warm welcome with more of a family like enviornment. Daily working together as a team to assist youth in education while teaching the importance of behavior mangement. District 287 is a district like no other, co-workers throughout the district are more like family who occassionally meet and spend time together whether its work or entertainment. I would say the most difficult part is the most exciting part in seeing kids graduate and move on. 287 a great work place!!
Poor place to work
PCS (Former Employee) –  New HopeAugust 21, 2014
They will string you along for two years then let you go just before you can become tenure. I worked there for two years had great reviews then the new principle came in and she fired everyone or reassigned them. They are very unprofessional if they don't like you they will make up things to fire you. They way they conduct their reviews are very unprofessional not a good place to work.
Pros
Kids
Cons
No lunch breaks, staff unprofessional
It is a very good place and equip with tools that fit the needs of our patients.
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Hope, MNFebruary 27, 2013
We always have a busy day at work and it always to wake up in the morning and get ready for this job. For the past five years, because of the opportunities that I have at my current job responsibilities as a teacher`s assistant. I have learnt to be more flexible and more opend minded. Our leaders are very repectable and always try their best to treat everyone as best as possible.Whatever we do we do it as a Unit and i probably will not survide without the input of my co-workers. I enjoy doing what I do and it becomes a part of who I am.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
we have regular half hour break
Special Ed and Gifted Ed
Educator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 12, 2012
Intermediate District 287 is a consortium of 12 west metro school districts offering more than 120 programs and services specially designed to help meet the unique learning needs of member district students. Programs include gifted education, special education, on-line learning, area learning centers and career and technical education. For some services, students are referred by their district of residence. For others, students and parents can choose to enroll directly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intermediate District 287. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9