Intermediate District 287 Employee Review

View all Intermediate District 287 reviews

They don't like their education assistants
Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 16, 2014
When I put my 2 weeks notice in they failed to mention that I would not be paid for my sick/personal time that was accrued. I guess I was magically just supposed to know that. I could have not mentioned that I was quitting and gotten paid for the full two weeks but I was dumb and decided to go about it the professional way. I tried calling them to ask why I was not paid for my accrued time and they acted surprised that I wasn't aware. They also don't pay for holidays or any other time that you are not physically there. This is why they can't keep education assistants. Go ahead and take a look at how many schools are hiring for these positions. I am not happy with this school district or any other one. And don't get me started on the stupid union whom I guess made up all of these dumb stipulations.
Pros
The teachers and other Education assistants
Cons
poor wages, no vacation time, only paid for the days you are physcially there

Other Intermediate District 287 Employee Reviews

287 is very Progressive and Innovative!
Anonomous (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MN.October 13, 2016
I have worked for 287 for many years and during these years I have witnessed an entire transformation of focus and direction that was all positive. First, our entire organizational structure was revamped to reflect a total student focus make-up. The new structure made it very clear that students are our primary reason for existing as an educational institution. This was no accident, it was an intentional and deliberate strategy based on the vision of our leaders. This organization serves some of the most challenging students in the state and does an awesome job at ensuring they are treated with dignity and respect regardless of how they come to us.

Secondly, our new strategic plan is focused on ensuring that we have the best system to effectively communicate with our member districts, our students and staff are not subjected to unfair and inequitable treatment, and that there's an accountability component that measures how effective these efforts are. No system is a good system without some level of accountability built into it.

These are some of the progressive and innovative ways that set this district apart from other districts. I am proud to belong to such an organization.
Pros
Innovative, forward thinking, not afraid to take calculated risks, and very collaborative.
Great Place to Work
Educator (Current Employee) –  West MetroJune 29, 2016
The environment at District 287 is the most collegial, collaborative and student centered school district that I have ever been a part of - I come to work every day realizing I am making a difference in the lives of the students we serve on behalf of our member districts. It is a great place to work!!
Pros
Colleagues; Leadership; Best Superintendent; Focus on learning
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intermediate District 287. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9