Intermedix

Intermedix Employer Reviews

Overall pretty good place to work.
Insurance File Analyst (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2014
Management needs training, unfortunately the manager in my department knows nothing about my position. Therefore I have to figure out problems on my own. When I started I was told by the person who trained me that she was the only one in the company that knows how to do this position.
productive place
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 14, 2014
Pros: great work schedule
Cons: low wages
enjoy my co workers and hours worked. learned to different roles for this company. Easy work and relaxed environment. I also learned how to multitask.
teamwork
EDI Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 25, 2014
I enjoy working at INTERMEDIX in the EDI dept. Great place to work.
Medical Billing Rep (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 7, 2014
Pros: laid back office atmosphere
Cons: dead end job
Management not professional. Heavy work load with very low pay and no room to grow within the company. Management shows obvious favoritism. The customer service department does a lot of cooking as incentives but it's not clean. The Health Department should be notified.
Intermedix
Insurance Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 30, 2014
Pros: early hours
Cons: pto and management
I like what I do ,But they have made some company changes that I am not happy with.
Fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 7, 2014
Sorted all in coming mail from USPS, Fed-EX, UPS. Gave all checks from patients and ALL major insurance comanpies to accounting. Sorted down all mail and faxes by client to scan into the system to go to each department.
Great company
Credentialing Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 28, 2014
Allow you to work at your own pace and accept responsibility for your work.
EMS Billing
Accounts Receivable and Posting/Appeals Specialist (Former Employee), Katy, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Collected payment for EMS providers. Submitted insurance claims to private and state funded insurance on behalf of the EMS provider.
EMS Billing
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 30, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks
Typical day at work included anywhere from 70-150 calls, both inbound and outbound, from patients, attorney's, health care providers, insurance companies and family members. These patients were usually inquiring about a bill from an ambulance ride and wanted to pay, make arrangements to pay, update insurance or get a status update.
Typical day at work
AR-Medical Billing (Current Employee), Westerville, OHNovember 23, 2013
Pros: work at your own pace
Cons: difficult people
Interact with third parties representative and utilize online sites to review status and update accounts as needed to expedite the claims process.
Great place to work.
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 19, 2013
Intermedix is a great place to work. It can be stressful at times during month end. But otherwise is great.
decent learning experience
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 24, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay, bad managment, company itself is very unorganized.
In Accounts Receivable department have to work mandatory overtime. Management is unorganized. Priorities are not intact. Team leaders and management have bad attitudes and are unprofessional. No growing opportunity, no matter what department you work in.
Enjoyed working for my company
Client Liaison (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCOctober 22, 2013
My typical workday would involve talking to various patients about accounts, or attorneys. What I learned was to be more confident in my work and not second guess myself. The Client Liaison was a new position, I was the first person to be put in this position.
Management & co-workers were nice to me.
The hardest part of my job was not be in Miami were – more... headquarters were located. I was not able to walk right into my mangers office. All my contact with her was through email or phone.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that the Client I was onsite with made me feel like I was apart of there team as well. If my husbands job didn't transfer to another city, I would still be working for Intermedix. – less
Moderate paced environment
Front End Specialist/Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Wheat Ridge COOctober 9, 2013
Pros: it was a job
Cons: not for light hearted that think they can just move into anything
In a typical day, I would come in and sit down, as there was not a training program for the computer system and how to use it. It was a little tough to figure out how to navigate through the system. It was good experience though, No one really talked to eachother. Asking questions was tough to do as well because those that did know what they where doing – more... didnt have time to help. The hardest part of the job was learning how to use the computer system. My favorite part of the job was that I had a job. – less
Excellent company that has grown into a decent corporation
Employee Relations Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 9, 2013
Pros: flexibility and respect of my abilities. paid time off program
Cons: the frustrations of trying to accomplish things in a large, nationwide corporation
When Intermedix began as EPBS a culture was developed to allow flexibility of work schedules, a comfortable work environment and dress code. This generated an employee population that cared about the company and was cared for in return. While the restrictions of a leaner economy has forced some changes, the basic culture remains the same in the OKC – more... locations. My favorite part of my job is the people I work with. The hardest part has been letting go of some of the engagement I felt when the company leadership was located locally.

Corporate management is now located in Ft Lauderdale, FL. While I feel their hearts are in the right place, they are out of touch with local culture. – less
Great opportunites to learn
Business Intelligence Designer (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 2, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: teams
I am given great opportunities to learn new skills. Also, given opportunities to go to conferences and learn more about the industry and BI in general.
Relaxed Work Place and Good Flexibility
Insurance File Analyst (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2013
Pros: flexibility and fun atmosphere
Cons: benefits
Emergency Physician Billing Service. Collections Dept working claims status and ensuring claims get paid properly. Fun and Flexible atmosphere.
medical billing/Insurance verification
Front end researcher/self-pay (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 5, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: short breaks
I was a employee who worked from home doing medical billing. A typical day at work was pushing claims out in a high volume.
Unique and fun work environment with hardworking laid back employees.
User Experience Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: free lunch fridays, spacious office, foosball table, friendly employees and management.
Cons: healthcare offered was expensive.
A typical day at work consisted of myself and the marketing team producing and creating promotional graphics for our software. I would storyboard, draw, and animate the corporate cartoons. If those were on hold I would be creating custom icon sets or web and banner gif's for our website.

I learned an enormous amount about web and graphic design, organization, – more... providing high level material in a fast paced environment, and staying in constant communication with our team who was spread out across the U.S.

Management on the marketing side of Intermedix was top notch. My managers were people who truly enjoy their jobs and were able to relay and communicate new ideas with creative directions in a clear and concise format.

My co-workers at Intermedix were some of the most enjoyable I've had the privilege of working with. I worked closely with our tech-writers, a few software developers, and our marketing team. Everyone got along very well and we also went out after work. We were all pretty good friends which makes the day much less stressful.

The hardest part of my job was when I was prompted and put in charge of the first ever promotional cartoon for the company. It was more work than I had first though, however, I was able to produce material that the CEO was extremely happy with, and got company wide rave reviews. It, along with 4 others, is and has now been used in our conferences across the country.

The most enjoyable part of my job was by far the work environment. I had full creative control of new ideas I was playing with, icon sets, graphic and promotional material, and though not everything was accepted, I never felt constrained or pushed into a specific direction. – less
You're Better Off Unemployed
Medical AR Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 2, 2013
Pros: it's "a job".
Cons: see above
Pay was extremely below average for the type/amount of work that you're expected to do.
Management / Leads were NEVER on the same page.
Management often had no clue as to how certain claims were to be processed.
Other employees within the company were clueless, leaving twice as much work for AR to try to fix.
No room for growth or advancement, unless – more... you were related to the AR Managers "favorite employee". – less