Intermedix Employee Reviews in United States

Overall this company is deteriorating
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 28, 2015
Overworked and underpaid. Mid level manager worked 14+ hours per day 7 days per week. I learned alot about how not to treat employees. Management is terrible; moral stinks and when you ask for a raise you are told if you have time to email you have time to work. I loved the work, but, if it would be any other company with a developed culture, good management and a vision, I would have stayed.
Pros
working from home
Cons
poor pay, overwhelming work loads, no appreciation for the hard working
Very unorganized
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVFebruary 19, 2016
A typical day at this job was very hectic, which I can manage, but people showed me no respect and treated me as I did not belong there. I learned a significant amount of medical terminology and procedures during my time at this job. Management was horrible. I would express issues I was facing daily at work and nothing was ever done to correct it. Also, the only time I would hear from management was when something was wrong and I never was recognized for all the above and beyond work I did. I essentially worked by myself, but I did work with nurses, doctors, CNA's, medical assistants, and basically every job title a hospital has. That is where the problem laid as far as being disrespected. Because I did not hold such a high title as they did, I was treated as I didn't matter. The hardest part of the job, other than dealing with the disrespect, was that there was no system as far as being able to perform my job duties correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience and medical knowledge I gained while working with this company.
Easy Going Workplace
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2015
I've never worked with friendlier people. There is a very easy going atmosphere, with casual dress and an independent working atmosphere. All the managers I know are easy to work with and respectful of their employees. I enjoy not being micromanaged and appreciate that everyone pretty much has their own clients to deal with, so it makes for an atmosphere that promotes personal responsibility and leaves little room for slackers. The insurance and 401k could be better, but it has progressively gotten a little better each year I've worked there. I would recommend working here to anyone looking for a lot of responsibility and new friends.
Pros
friendly coworkers and management, independence, competitive pay, casual dress code
Cons
need better 401k contribution, need better insurance
Great company for its clients, very stressful for employees
Client Services Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 22, 2016
Large company, feeling of being "a number". Management is very conservative and traditional. Very set in their ways of doing things. Not open to new ideas or different personality traits.
Pros
Great clients, most very caring
Cons
very stern and conservative, set in ways, not innovative at all.
N/a
Logistic Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 30, 2016
Intermedix is a great company to work for. The provided the skills need to further my career. There is room for advancement within the company.
Great environment
Assistant Manager/Bilingual/Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 20, 2016
• Managed and coordinated daily operations in a call center environment.
• Reported monthly reports including, budget data, action plans, quality assurance, contacts per hour, attendance and vacation report.
• Team building, team leadership, organization development, quality improvement, and productivity gain.
• Responsible for scheduling performance reviews, disciplinary action, and long-term career planning/development/promotion.
Pros
Great benefits
Bad place to work for.
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day at work was calling the insurance companies to get patient information or at least that's what I thought. The staff failed us because we did not have enough training to do the job and would get QA'd for stuff we did not even know. They do not care about the employees or how they feel. Nothing will ever be addressed. Management from the top to the bottom is absolutely ridiculous!!!
Self motivating office environment
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 4, 2015
Working for Intermedix pushed me to my limits and allowed me to break the mold. I was quickly advanced in within the job in a years time. There was very little down time and staying on top of your workflow was imperative. Being in a management position, I was able to work very closely with the staff to complete daily tasks as well any special requests needed. The hardest part of the job was staying on top of several projects at once. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of satisfaction upon complete of each task.
Pros
Bonuses, wages
Cons
Could be incredibly overwhelming at times
Only good for gaining experience
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2016
The management style is almost completely incompetent. The scheduling is atrocious, leading to several instances of showing up for a shift that you are not requested for. The doctors you work with are great, and the pay is competitive, so if you can handle it for a while it is a good way to get the experience you need.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
management, schedule, healthcare
No goals, no future.
Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 10, 2015
Overall disappointing experience.

No set planning. Arbitrary changes in direction from senior and executive leadership. HR is solely for management utilization. Attempts to repair/improve this company, I.E. New CEO, New CIO, new CFO, all recently, will not give them the required capitol to survive their own decade long lack of planning, vision, and execution.

Want good, short term, money, go here. They must pay premium since they have exhausted the talent pool in most of their markets.

Want anything else out of your life? Go somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
Everything that matters in a company.
Productive.
Claims /Batch Specialist Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 10, 2016
Check deposits for Doctor's accounts making sure that they are sent out on time. Learn how to work in a fast pace industry. Enjoyed working with management and co workers, The hardest about the job was month end for reconciliation. the most enjoyable part of the job would be finishing month end and everything is correct.
Doesn't deserve 1 star. Unemployment is less stressful than this place.
Account Receivable (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2015
Horrible so called company. They do not train you. No orientation whats so ever. You are not allowed to talk, nor ask questions pertaining your assignments. No feedback. Negative atmosphere from management. They try to avoid eye contact. IF you are lucky to get eye contact and the chance to finally ask a question they state to email them, even though you have a deadline to meet and if you do not meet that deadline they will then be face to face with you. Funny thing is, management sits right behind you in the same room and you can not have any contact with them unless they decide to and that is when you have to answer to them that they didn't get back with you so your deadline was not met in a timely fashion.
Pros
No pros at all.
Cons
Everything, down to the eye rolls you get from management. Management contradicts themselves daily.
Fantastic learning experience
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Pahrump, NVSeptember 22, 2015
Intermedix has been a life changing job for me. Having the opportunity to work with board certified Physicians as well as nursing staff in a rural setting is fantastic.
Pros
Decent Pay, Clear Schedules, Second to none learning experience
Cons
NO advancement, no benefits, part time only availability
Very Productive with a candy jar up front.
Patient Services Representative/manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 1, 2016
Working for Intermedix in Williamsburg every day was always a good day. I loved talking to patients every day. There were some that would just make my day and then some that were a little more difficult but, that would always make the day interesting. All the employees in Williamsburg were more like family than just other co-workers so going to work was always a pleasure for me. I could always smile going there.

Unfortunately, the corporate office of Intermedix wanted to centralized to Oklahoma city, so they decided to close our office in Williamsburg through no choice of our own. We are all looking for new jobs now. I am sure we could still be working if we wanted to move to Oklahoma but, that's a little to far for us.
Pros
Layed back
Cons
Layed off
Save yourself!!!!
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 17, 2016
Before I started working there. I asked if I would have full training and I was told yes. After 12 days of training I was put on the phones and was told that I sit in after call to much. We never received our full 5 weeks training and the supervisors are rude and don't help.
Toxic
Self Pay (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 14, 2016
Intermedix has a huge turnover rate and now after working there i can see why. Do yourself a favor and not even apply here; it's a waste of time because you will probably be called for an interview, get hired - work for a few months then based on if your manager likes or doesnt like you personally they will decide if they want to keep you or simply fire you.
Okay work place, too many acquisitions caused competing prorities
Software Development Engineer - Android (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
This company was making too many acquisitions too quickly without properly dealing with previous one, which caused too many top level exec butting heads leading to confusion for some as to where they should be.
Opportunity to gain experience
Medical Coder Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 29, 2016
I enjoy coding for different ambulance company. I spend my entire day at a computer coding for different clients. The works are very friendly.
Good company. Strong Mangagement
Clinical advisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 30, 2016
Company stays very current with computer technology and cyber security. Values employees and has advancement opportunities.
Coding Specialist for Emergency Room
coding specialist (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKDecember 17, 2015
This is by far the worse place in the world to work for. They hire you for training for a year with the promise of working from home when your QA and required number of charts are done. Then they add on and add on until you are working 10 hour days 7 days a week "Mandatory". They expect you to have no life outside their beck and call. You get QA's done every month and have to maintain 95% and above and depending on who does it they score you different from one month to next. The LPN CPC manager is a horrible person to work for and all she does is make your life miserable every chance she gets....
Pros
Working from home
Cons
to many to list

2.9