Intermountain Electric Employee Reviews

Good old boys club
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 18, 2017
No matter how hard you worked there was always favoritism. If you were part of the club you would get extra perks such as paid days off or your choice of work you wanted to do. If not you would work the worst jobs, be first to get laid off, and never get trained on different tasks.
Pros
The people
Standard modern large contractor
Journeyman wireman (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 4, 2017
IME is your average large employer. Lots and lots of management, along with some grunts that do the real work. There is the usual disconnect between office staff and field workers. Spent most of the time "putting out fires" and never did actually finish any project that was started. The last thing you want to do is care about your work because it will drive you crazy...
Most of the employees are great in the office.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2017
Most of the office employees are in fear of their jobs. They are written up for most anything, before they have been talked to first. Management is constantly looking for reason to write you up. Management very seldom talk to their employees.
Pros
Paid insurance only because they are Union, PTO is good.
Cons
Management does not care about the office employees.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2017
Inter-mountain Electric offers great benefits to it's full time employees. They also have a positive work environment and very knowledgeable trainers who are willing to help new employees.
Ime doesn't really care about its employees
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 10, 2017
Ime routinely takes the cheap way of doing things making it the job harder for employees. Using cheap materials and tools putting stress on employees to get work done without proper methods
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Cheap
Incredible company that isn't perfect.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2017
Intermountain Electric is an exciting place to work at. It's incredibly fast paced, and very volatile, but in a very good way. Average workers don't last long, and exceptional workers have limitless opportunity for advancement in every direction within the company. It's not for everyone, by any stretch, but it's the only corporate company I've worked for where 90% of employees grind at their roles and still offer tips and advice on how you, personally, can do better, regardless of how overwhelmed they are with tasks.

They appear to be in a constant state of restructuring, which is arguably good, but can be very frustrating. Most to all of management is approachable, but short of time and attention span, so you must deliver concise messages quickly, often.

All in all, it's an amazing company destined for good things. There is a lot of necessary change, but you can be a part of it and make a huge impact from an entry level if you are careful about it.

It's quite nice to work with ambitious people.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Flexibility, Co-Workers, Energy, Ambition, Opportunity
Cons
Late Stage Capitalism in upper management.
Good people, disfunctional operation
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2017
In a short time I learned more in the area of on-screen takeoff via Accubid, LiveCount and bluebeam. IMEs dedication to training is strong. Their IMMEDIATE need for rebuilding and regrouping is apparent, however executive leadership (operations) needs to learn not to micromanage so much and just let the professionals they have hired do their job, build their teams and TRUST. The most difficult part is adhering the micromanagement culture and preparing for multiple estimate reviews on projects, seemingly a sign of distrust.
Pros
Health insurance package. Premiums are fully paid.
Cons
Atmosphere & culture, company is in extreme reorganization mode
Great Compensation package but management changed focus
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2017
Compensation package second to none, Management changes made caused me to leave. Focus shifted to smaller service projects instead of the goal of being a player in the Denver Commercial Marketplace,
Excellent place to work
APPRENTICE LINEMAN (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 4, 2017
This is the most enjoyable place I have worked. We were working 80-90 hours a week in North Dakota. Long hours, miserable weather, but working alongside the foremen and fellow apprentices made up for it. There is no way this should have been as enjoyable as it was, but the co-workers made the company. Lots of opportunities to grow and learn. Journeyman lineman taught me certain tasks and I had opportunities to teach fellow apprentices. All around excellent experience.
Pros
Competitive pay and per diem, outstanding co-workers and environment for increased morale
Cons
The contract wasn't long enough.
Not bad at all.
BIM Leed-Total Station Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 10, 2016
Great place within the BIM department. Things get a little rough in the field.Pay could be higher, but insurance is great. Project managers and Superintendents could be a little more hands on. There is a lot of freedom to try and help with all design ideas.
Pros
Fully paid family health benefits
Cons
Not enough coordination with field
Large commercial work was new to the company
BIM/VDC Project manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 22, 2016
Intermountain Electric has been in business for many years, but large commercial work was completely new. Most of their experience with, Oil and Gas, and some solar.
good place to learn the trade
lineman (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYSeptember 7, 2015
job differentiates day to day and even week to week through many different aspects of the trade for a good learning experience
68 Year old Startup
Field (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 27, 2015
IME is a growing company. Decent culture. Enormous opportunities for A+ players. Resilient and Determined to be great. IME will be a key player in the electrical construction market for decades to come.
Pros
Amazing benefits, competitive pay
Cons
poor work/life balance for managers. 60-70hr work weeks
Friendly atmosphere
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYJanuary 7, 2014
I wasn't told when hired that it was going to be seasonal, I was told that I would have work no matter what, then I got laid off because of the weather. I wasn't impressed.
Pros
I did get more excel training
Cons
not enough hours/laid off
Intermountain Electric is a good company and there Home office Quanta Services
Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2013
My fourteen years working at Intermountain Electric was a good expenence.
Pros
training, education, working with the field employees
Cons
micro managerment
great job advanced quickly and did very well there and loved the work i was doing.
Apprentice Lineman (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYMarch 4, 2013
Had to be to the yard at 5 do pre trip inspections on all the linebeds cranes boom trucks bucket trucks and other equipment. Make sure they were all started and then fuel them up. get trailers hooked up make sure my crew had all the parts and hardware so we could assemble the poles with all required hardware. Made sure all poles were scatterd and accesible for the setting crew imediatly following. I managed the framing crew learned and then taught the whole crew how to read and understand all the blue prints for our job. The hardest part of my job was always making sure all the other crews equipment was working and supplied with anything and everything they needed. Getting to complete my job before our deadline and doing so safley.
Pros
very good bosses would work with you and teach you everything you didnt know, and help you through your apprenticeship teaching you many knew skills, and the knowledge behind them.
Cons
no breaks due to the sub zero temperatures constantly to help prevent frostbite.