Intermountain Electric Employee Reviews

Good people, disfunctional operation
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2017
In a short time I learned more in the area of on-screen takeoff via Accubid, LiveCount and bluebeam. IMEs dedication to training is strong. Their IMMEDIATE need for rebuilding and regrouping is apparent, however executive leadership (operations) needs to learn not to micromanage so much and just let the professionals they have hired do their job, build their teams and TRUST. The most difficult part is adhering the micromanagement culture and preparing for multiple estimate reviews on projects, seemingly a sign of distrust.
Pros
Health insurance package. Premiums are fully paid.
Cons
Atmosphere & culture, company is in extreme reorganization mode
Excellent place to work
APPRENTICE LINEMAN (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 4, 2017
This is the most enjoyable place I have worked. We were working 80-90 hours a week in North Dakota. Long hours, miserable weather, but working alongside the foremen and fellow apprentices made up for it. There is no way this should have been as enjoyable as it was, but the co-workers made the company. Lots of opportunities to grow and learn. Journeyman lineman taught me certain tasks and I had opportunities to teach fellow apprentices. All around excellent experience.
Pros
Competitive pay and per diem, outstanding co-workers and environment for increased morale
Cons
The contract wasn't long enough.
Large commercial work was new to the company
BIM/VDC Project manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 22, 2016
Intermountain Electric has been in business for many years, but large commercial work was completely new. Most of their experience with, Oil and Gas, and some solar.
good place to learn the trade
lineman (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYSeptember 7, 2015
job differentiates day to day and even week to week through many different aspects of the trade for a good learning experience
68 Year old Startup
Field (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 27, 2015
IME is a growing company. Decent culture. Enormous opportunities for A+ players. Resilient and Determined to be great. IME will be a key player in the electrical construction market for decades to come.
Pros
Amazing benefits, competitive pay
Cons
poor work/life balance for managers. 60-70hr work weeks
Friendly atmosphere
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYJanuary 7, 2014
I wasn't told when hired that it was going to be seasonal, I was told that I would have work no matter what, then I got laid off because of the weather. I wasn't impressed.
Pros
I did get more excel training
Cons
not enough hours/laid off
Intermountain Electric is a good company and there Home office Quanta Services
Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2013
My fourteen years working at Intermountain Electric was a good expenence.
Pros
training, education, working with the field employees
Cons
micro managerment
great job advanced quickly and did very well there and loved the work i was doing.
Apprentice Lineman (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYMarch 4, 2013
Had to be to the yard at 5 do pre trip inspections on all the linebeds cranes boom trucks bucket trucks and other equipment. Make sure they were all started and then fuel them up. get trailers hooked up make sure my crew had all the parts and hardware so we could assemble the poles with all required hardware. Made sure all poles were scatterd and accesible for the setting crew imediatly following. I managed the framing crew learned and then taught the whole crew how to read and understand all the blue prints for our job. The hardest part of my job was always making sure all the other crews equipment was working and supplied with anything and everything they needed. Getting to complete my job before our deadline and doing so safley.
Pros
very good bosses would work with you and teach you everything you didnt know, and help you through your apprenticeship teaching you many knew skills, and the knowledge behind them.
Cons
no breaks due to the sub zero temperatures constantly to help prevent frostbite.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intermountain Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6