Intermountain Electric Employee Reviews

68 Year old Startup
Field (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 27, 2015
IME is a growing company. Decent culture. Enormous opportunities for A+ players. Resilient and Determined to be great. IME will be a key player in the electrical construction market for decades to come.
Pros
amazing benefits, competitive pay
Cons
poor work/life balance for managers. 60-70hr work weeks
Friendly atmosphere
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYJanuary 7, 2014
I wasn't told when hired that it was going to be seasonal, I was told that I would have work no matter what, then I got laid off because of the weather. I wasn't impressed.
Pros
i did get more excel training
Cons
not enough hours/laid off
Intermountain Electric is a good company and there Home office Quanta Services
Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2013
My fourteen years working at Intermountain Electric was a good expenence.
Pros
training, education, working with the field employees
Cons
micro managerment
great job advanced quickly and did very well there and loved the work i was doing.
Apprentice Lineman (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYMarch 4, 2013
Had to be to the yard at 5 do pre trip inspections on all the linebeds cranes boom trucks bucket trucks and other equipment. Make sure they were all started and then fuel them up. get trailers hooked up make sure my crew had all the parts and hardware so we could assemble the poles with all required hardware. Made sure all poles were scatterd and accesible for the setting crew imediatly following. I managed the framing crew learned and then taught the whole crew how to read and understand all the blue prints for our job. The hardest part of my job was always making sure all the other crews equipment was working and supplied with anything and everything they needed. Getting to complete my job before our deadline and doing so safley.
Pros
very good bosses would work with you and teach you everything you didnt know, and help you through your apprenticeship teaching you many knew skills, and the knowledge behind them.
Cons
no breaks due to the sub zero temperatures constantly to help prevent frostbite.