Intermountain Healthcare

Intermountain Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great environment
Environmental Services Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Utah County, UTJanuary 20, 2016
Love my co workers, and the great benefits from Intermountain. I feel like I am part of a team, and my managers and supervisors are amazing. It is becoming too hard for me to be on my feet all day. My physical capabilities are being pushed, especially how much my back, feet, shoulders, knees, and neck can handle. I need a job that will cause less stress on my body.
Benefits
Cons
Physical demand
Back room dealing
Mechanical Engineering for Medical Components (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJanuary 20, 2016
Though the day to day was wonderful with plenty of employee perks at the company site, flexible hours and the general opportunity to self regulate. The management was extremely cheap, and immoral in their business dealings. They wouldn't bat an eye at buying you free lunch in place of cutting your pay by $2/hr. I personally met and worked with the CEO and his staff on a regular basis, and they are exactly the kind of people America is afraid are in control of companies. They even seriously entertained the idea of flying the EMT Helicopter for personal reasons at expense of the company, either that or they are terrible at telling a joke.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Poor Morals
Stressful, and unoriginized managment
Central Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJanuary 17, 2016
Day in, day out. Everything was fine, until new management stepped in. Expected too much work for too little pay. Okay job if you can handle the stress of being underpaid, and under appreciated
Pros
Most co-workers were really fun and friendly
Cons
Expected too much work for such a small salary
If you're looking for limited supervision and like to be alone this is for you.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 11, 2016
The employees are usually pretty great, but the pay scale is pretty poor and there are few to no opportunities for advancement. The job itself is as you might expect, pretty gross, and it's fairly easy to get behind, but if you can get passed this it's not a horrible job
Horrible Clinic
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJanuary 11, 2016
A lot of drama at the Intermountain Taylorsville Clinic the management is horrible and they do not care about new employees I have been here 4 months and still have not been trained and the drama that goes on here with staff, and management is horrible worse clinic to work for. The company maybe okay but that clinic is horrible they have a huge turn over rate there too and its due to there management.
Pros
Doctors are amazing
Cons
Management and drama
Excellent place to work
Patient Experience Intern (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 6, 2016
Intermountain cares for their employees as much as they care for their patients. It is an excellent place to work and the people you work with are all so positive and kind.
Very rewarding, and fast paced job with constant multi-tasking.
Orderly (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTDecember 26, 2015
Typical day at work for me would be constant multi-tasking and cleaning and turning rooms after the surgeries had finished. I learn everything there basically is to know in the OR from how to set up different OR tables to what instruments the doctor prefers. I loved the people I worked with, very friendly and always willing to help others. The hardest part of my job would be probably when we were either very short staffed and didn't have enough orderlies for each room so I would have to run back and fourth from other rooms and try to get everything right that each room needed and assist each team in the rooms when it was time to start the surgery. The most enjoyable part of my job was just being able to experience an amazing opportunity, and be live in the moment of the surgery.
Pros
Insurance, Mealcards
Cons
Salary, Short Lunch
Fast paced, enjoyable Physical therapy position
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTNovember 24, 2015
Working at intermountain medical center was enjoyable. I worked 2-4 tens in a week. The seven on seven off ten hour shifts were stressful, though. Co-workers are friendly and this hospital is very pro-rehab,
Pros
positive environment
Cons
documentation is difficult as they are in a long process of changing their computer systems, and many kinks haven't been resolved.
I always wanted to work for IMC, it was a dream for me
Medical Assistant / MHI Team Member (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTNovember 17, 2015
Maybe I have some bad managers and supervisors with good connections. Working IMC was great but once you relies they push more and more work on you with out giving you a raise or new title like assist supervisor, you start telling them that is not in my job description that is your job as my supervisor. They black ball you at IMC and make your job their hard, I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW IF I WOULD EVER WORK AT IMC AGAIN BECASUE OF WHAT I WENT THROUG. They push you to donate from your check to the hospital by sending you crazy amounts of mail to your home address and to your email, its crazy, yet when one of their own employee needs medical financial help are they their to help their own NOPE!!!
Best company I have ever worked for
Patient Service Representative- Full Time (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 10, 2015
They truly care for their patients as well as their employees. I have never seen a company that has treated its employees so well and with so much respect.
Pros
fantastic cafeteria
Cons
It is very tough to get a position here, there is a lot of competition out there
Great Place to Work
Accountant I - Cash Reconciliations (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 21, 2015
I love Intermountain Healthcare. I love what we do and how we do it. But I especially love the WHY we do it. The only thing I think that they could improve on is hiring better managers. Most of the managers/supervisors are awesome.
Pros
They focus on employees in my office. They try to keep you happy, and it works!
Cons
They occasionally have some bad leaders/supervisors.
Excellent management staff, very friendly environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 19, 2015
I had a very positive experience working for intermountain health care. They were always very welcoming/ inviting to all of their employees and showed a genuine interest in our experience as employees.
Pros
very friendly
Cons
not enough training on company policy/ expectation.
Flexible schedule
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTOctober 7, 2015
Working for Intermountain has been a great experience. I have learn many things academically but also personally. The people that I work with are very nice.
Pros
very flexible schedule, tuition reimbursement
Healthcare is a dramatically changing industry
Director (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 7, 2015
Overall good organization who's trying to do the right thing, but is struggling with high turnover, competing strategies and finding alternative mechanisms to secure market share.
Pros
moving in the right direction, nobel industry
Cons
beaurocratic, change fatigue, tremendous gaps in communication and awareness between senior leadership and front line staff
Productive and fun workplace.
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTOctober 4, 2015
I enjoyed working here, the only thing is i like to stay busy and their is a lot of downtime being a registrar. Talking to each patient that comes in is such a great experience.
Good company
MRI/CT technologist (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTSeptember 26, 2015
Company slowly starts to micromanage all the aspects of the health care services it provides. Some changes are necessary because of new laws and upcoming changes in billing and insurance payments. Some are just too "Big brother"- like.
Pros
Good benefits, competitive wages, good environment, modern equipment
Cons
Too many regulations stifle the more natural approach in health care service, my department manager very incompetent.
Keeps me busy, and I get to encounter lots of people
Distribution Specialist- I (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2015
I like my job... I am kept busy and I deal with many people and vendors through out my day! The schedlue is perfect for work and home life!
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Can't advance as much as I would like to with this company.
Great Company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 21, 2015
I will continue to work for Intermountain Healthcare until I find a better a solid career. Maybe work for them in the future.
Loved working along side of patients and medical envoirment
Equipment Technician - Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTSeptember 16, 2015
It was a vary physically demanding job requiring you to be energetic and on your fee 9 to 14 hours a day.
Monitored, tracked and inventoried equipment in every patient room or stock room in 5 hospital buildings
Cleaned delivered and stocked all patient equipment.
Worked with venders for specialty equipment; orders, delivering, stocking, cleaning equipment. Processing billing for patients and payments for venders.
In the Supply chain I made orders for 15 + departments. Processed the orders, pulled and collected orders and delivered orders.
Ran daily audits for supply room inventory.
Pros
worked alone 1/2 of the time.
Cons
worked alone 1/2 of the time, on the weekends. Disconnect with managment
You leave work knowing you helped someone who truly needed it.
Respiratory Equipment Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 15, 2015
Typical day at work includes teaching patients how to properly use various medical equipment. This job taught me a lot about being hard working and accurate.
Management is good overall. very understanding of various life circumstances that arise. co-workers are great everyone get along well. The hardest part of the job is the mandatory over-time for my position as a Respiratory equipment assistant. Regularly hit 10 hours of OT in a week. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home knowing you made a difference to someones health and making their lives a little easier.
Pros
free food.
Cons
mandatory overtime