Intermountain Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great experience for a career in heathcare
Phlebotomist I (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 7, 2017
Phlebotomy at any hospital is grueling, demanding, and fast paced. Easily the most stressful job I have had. If your looking to make a career in healthcare than this job offers amazing work experience and an honest sample of what a job in a hospital really is like. The pay sucks, phlebotomy will never pay well, but it is a foot in the door. You will develop a strong worth ethic and thick skin. Some of the best healthcare workers in the industry started out as phlebotomists. The benefits are rather nice, decent insurance that is actually affordable, tuition reimbursement, a live well program that is easy to do and rewards in gift cards. The hours are horrible, starting as early as 4 am, weekends and holidays usually required, and low wage. On the flip side you can usually find a way to make the schedule work around school.
Pros
Tuition reimbursment, affordable healthcare, Live well program
Cons
Demanding schedule like any in healthcare, horrible hours, pay
Not horrible just depends on where you work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Utah County, UTJanuary 13, 2017
Pros. Great benefits. Great values system in place. They start you out with low pay but are very generous with raises

Cons. Gossip. Harassment policy is over looked and not taken seriously by management when you feel like the harasser has gotten you to the point to file a complaint. The repoting employee was told by manager to contact the E.A.P for consouling. Communication with management and staff needs to be improved.
Pros
Generous with raises. Great benefits
Cons
Bad communication with management to staff.
Excellent Work/Life Balance
n/a (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 16, 2016
I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers, my job was very detailed and a huge load for an 8 hour day. The hardest part is not receiving recognition for a job well done by a supervisor and there seems to be a lot of office politics in upper management.
Pros
Comfortable atmosphere and great benefits
Cons
Low pay, lots of office gossip, intimidation and Hippa violations all over the place.
Community Friendly
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 15, 2017
This place is a great place to work. The benefits and the pay is competitive, and there are always opportunities to grow. The hardest part about this job for me is meeting incredible people and then having to leave when bigger opportunities present themselves.
Benefits
Cons
Political
long days on your feet, but a very good company to work for
Labor and Delivery/DC Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJanuary 5, 2017
Depending on your position it can be a long time on your feet. Great company to work for and coworkers are very friendly. Management will work with you. I really enjoyed this job.
Pros
benefits, friendly HR department, honest work
Cons
on your feel most of the day
Intermountain health care
Business Intelligence Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2017
It was great working at intermountain. it has a good job/work life balance.The compensation is good but not great.Internships are not converted.But given a job ,there is security.
Fast paced and fun
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 12, 2017
Very fast paced job. Would do intake records for patients who were going home on infusion therapy. Lots of long hours but awesome pharmacy staff and amazing patients
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Prior Authorization Rep (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMarch 21, 2017
The company was a good place to work, the benefits are good. it seemed like it was like high school. you had to know someone to get moved up. Good Lu
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Management is no good, HR looks out for Management. a lot favortism
Very serious company. Better be ready to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Richfield, UTJanuary 27, 2017
IHC is a wonderful company to work for in regards to their benefits. They offer fantastic health insurance and many other great benefits such as paid time off, savings plus, and sick leave.

I have yet to even hear of a company with benefits that are close to what they offered me.
Great benefits for school
Food Associate (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 27, 2017
The benefits is what makes me stay. Great benefits and great workers. Only thing I would change is the management. The people you work with are great and if you work as a team things can get done faster!
Interesting job, clueless and poor management
Critical Care RN (Former Employee) –  UtahJuly 31, 2016
I have worked at several IHC facilities as an RN over a period of 14 years. I have found the workplace environment to be good as far as working with my co-workers, and the pay and benefits were reasonable.

However, in every IHC hospital I have worked in I have found administration heavy-handed, provided mixed messages, backing on on promises made, and self-esteem killing. At one point when I was working in a critical care unit which was woefully understaffed they kept coming around to give us M&Ms.....while we were frantically trying to provide acute care with not enough nurses. I felt like I was being toilet trained, and felt that it showed no regard for what I actually had to do and be as a critical care RN. I found that this situation was congruent no matter what IHC hospital I worked at. They need a MAJOR overhaul in the culture of their administrators, it is abysmal.
Pros
Good pay, liked my coworkers, learned a lot.
Cons
Terrible administrators, often no time for lunch/breaks
Regional Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 10, 2017
good place to work. professional environment. lots of policies and compliance is the most important thing to the company. secure company with great benefits.
Positive atmosphere, great culture for personal growth.
Clinical Lab Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 13, 2016
Intermountain Healthcare, specifically Central Laboratory, treated me very well. Management was professional, but had an easy going nature. Typical days were busy, and although sometimes got out of hand, were just the right amount to make the time pass. Never had any issues with my co-workers, excellent people, with few concerns on a professional level. Hardest part of the job for me was being inside, on a phone, and in a stuffy lab coat. But those are really personal preferences- not issues with Intermountain.
Pros
Great benefits, insurance, break room, flexible schedule.
Cons
Usually busy, heavy workload, not enough sun.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 18, 2017
This organization has great benefits but doesn't not pay very well. their main objective is to get their name in the news. They are committed to their patients and ensuring that they receive the best care possible.
Pros
Great Benefits
Intermountain Healthcare
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 29, 2016
I have had such a great experience working for Intermountain Healthcare. Intermountain offers great benefits. They are great at showing how much the company appreciates their employees.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Over scheduling
Was a great company to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 10, 2017
I loved working for Intermountain health care. Great benefits and they treat their employees well. They were great at keeping you up to date on your skills and knowledge
Employees are respected and valued with high regard
Executive Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 25, 2016
The environment at Intermountain Healthcare is positive, healthy; (mentally and physically) and fun! Every member of the management team takes great measures to ensure that each employee feels valued. Management is open to hearing complaints and suggestions, and they are supportive of employees' needs and wants in order to make the work environment pleasant for everyone. Intermountain Healthcare is a hard working and professional environment, and they do a good of keeping employee moral boosted through events, staff parties and employee recognition rewards and small tokens/gifts.
Pros
Full benefits. PTO. Free lunches at lunch meetings.
IHC is a great environment to work in. Has excellent benefits.
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTNovember 12, 2016
I love working with people so this was a really great job for me. I really enjoyed my patients and the people that I worked with. I had the chance to learn all about resulting and tracking , processing samples.
Benefits
Good Place to Work
Housekeeper/Child Care Teacher (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 18, 2016
I like the company as a whole. I don't like that we only get one short lunch break when we work 10 hour days. I like the pay and the benefits. I wish I could transfer to Logan.
Pros
money
Cons
One Short Lunch
It's been what I've needed until now
Operator (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 14, 2016
Luckily, my manager understands that life happens, family comes first and schedules change. She tries to make our department special, we are not just co-workers, but friends or family. Unfortunately, she doesn't get to make all the decisions. We are paid poorly compared to other companies and we are treated as a number.
Pros
variable shifts to fit any schedule
Cons
low compensation and expensive benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intermountain Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Intermountain Healthcare Reviews by Location