Intermountain Healthcare Employee Reviews

Its okay
Materials and Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTJanuary 18, 2018
I would say that my typical day is almost always the same. Intermountain Healthcare is way to initiative oriented. They are always makes unnessesary changes for the sake of making a change.
Pros
Very Stable
Benefits
Hard work means nothing here
HR Operations (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJanuary 15, 2018
The thing I learned quickly at Intermountain is that you do not get promoted based on how hard you work or how good you are at your job. It is all about who can make the most noise and get noticed. "Brown Nosing" is alive and well at Intermountain. You will not make it anywhere in this organization if you are not willing to kiss the butt of your manager. It is very competitive because everyone knows this is how it is, so everyone is clamoring for attention. The management is horrible. Most of them are incompetent because they got where they are not because they were good at their job but because they were the most charismatic. Intermountain is notorious for lower wages than industry standard and management knows this and does little to try to fix it because "People should feel lucky to have a job." This is a horrible company with a selfish and greedy company philosophy. Even with them being non-profit, they pay the regular staff peanuts but pay useless, incompetent managers outrageous salaries with bonuses.
Cons
Horrible, overpaid management
Left Ihc
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 13, 2018
I left Ihc because the Human Resources people were terrible
To work with. Especially the Human Resources Management.
They need to fire everyone and rehire a whole new batch.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Doctors in the or
Positive and Educational
TEAM LEAD/ SLV STAFFING EXPRESS/PATIENT ACCESS (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 13, 2018
This employer was very organized, productive and structured. Positivity was number one with feeling secure in your position. Equal ife/work balance and I appreciated that they have a point system for Attendance
Pros
Management/Support/Organized
Cons
Pay significantly lower than the national average and for women
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 12, 2018
I really liked the job and some of the people i worked with, i didn't like my supervisor that much at all while i worked there.

it is a good company to work for
It is a good job but low pay
Office Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJanuary 10, 2018
The job itself is a good one. The pay is much lower than industry standards for the hourly employees. There is no job security here. They say they appreciate their employees but they do not actually show that appreciation.
ER volunteer
Hospital Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 9, 2018
I enjoy volunteering in the ER on a weekly basis. During my time in the ER I transport patients throughout the hospital and attended to their guests. I learned about professional relationships in the workplace and how critical communication is between the staff. getting to know the staff has been my favorite part of volunteering at IHC. One technician, Chad offered to write a letter of recommendation for me as I applied for graduate schools. The most difficult aspect of volunteering in the ER is while working with challenging patients who may be intoxicated or have harmful interests.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
limited time/short shifts
Poor Management
Senor Network Architect (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UT 84120January 9, 2018
Run by doctors who think that they know everything, but when they don't they consult drug reps and when they don't know how to run a corporation they consult outsourcers.
CIO and CEO make really stupid decisions that cost the company millions.
Pros
Pension plan
Cons
Brown nose management structure. Doctors who think they know more than God.
The only great about this job was the benefits
Him coding specialist I (Former Employee) –  IMC hospital SLC, UtahJanuary 8, 2018
I worked in the billing department for the central lab at IMC hospital for almost five years. It has a high turnover rate due to very poor management, poor training and the worst favoritism I have ever encountered in the workplace. It was like having the mean girls from high school in charge of your daily work/job.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Workplace culture
Application Systems Technical Analyst - Senior (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJanuary 8, 2018
Good company with a great culture. I look forward to work with them for years to come. My manager has been a big influence on my professional improvement.
Atmosphere was very good for learning
Registered Medical/Oncology Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJanuary 7, 2018
Other nurses were very helpful in teaching and helping you become a better nurse. It can get very busy so it was extremely helpful to work with individuals willing to help you with no questions asked.
Okay place to work
Food Service Coordinator/Cook (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJanuary 6, 2018
Not a whole of career advancement opportunities here. The new company CEO is taking the company in a different direction than expected and a lot of changes are happening.
the biggest for profit, non-profit, in the valley
Triage Crisis Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 5, 2018
great working crew teamwork, but the administration and management in the corporation has no concern for their employees, they will use you, I worked as much as 24 hours non stop, and in the end, was cut loose, after twenty years with no hope of a full time position. They even, despite their policies, claimed that I was let go, "with cause" and I had to appeal with job service, including submitting faxes from my supervisor(s), stating that they were going to full time, and that my degree wasn't the right degree, although I had worked there for twenty years with that same degree
Pros
great comraderie amongst the team members, nurses and doctors
Cons
terrible management
Great place to work hard for advancment
Patient Service Rep - Specialty (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTJanuary 3, 2018
Work is pretty straight forward and doesn't change much day to day. I have been in my position for a year now and have been looking for advancement but haven't found much success. The benefits are great and they are super flexible with my schedule but the pay isn't the greatest.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement.
Love working with the New Residents, Medical Students
Administrative Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 3, 2018
I was the Program Coordinator for the Transitional Year Program. I would oversee the Medical Residents, Medical Students, Visiting Physicians. I would make sure to schedule all TY Interviews, lunches, greeting session, ski day, Christmas Party, Graduation Party and deferment for each Resident.
Pros
The entire job
Cons
Can't think of anything sorry
Having a cafeteria on site is nice because you can hang out with your coworkers during lunch.
Distribution Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 30, 2017
The department I work in is pretty good at helping each other out when someone is behind or we are short handed.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that what I do is helping sick kids get better, I know I'm only delivering supplies and linen, but it's still important.
stressful
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 29, 2017
intermountain healthcare overloads their employees. they give them way to much work to do but wont let them work anymore hours. the upper management does not care about their employees at all
Good Place to work
Medical Assisting Float pool/ Psr (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 29, 2017
Intermountain really strives to provide the best patient care as possible, they care about all there employees, your not just another face in the crowd, They also do all kinds of fun Live well activities that give you a chance to get a little bonus here and there
hard work at a fast pace
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Patient ServiceDecember 28, 2017
It's hard work at a fast pace. I work 4- 10 hour days a week. Seriously love my job. The benefits, the pay and the rewards make it worth it. You just gotta put in the time, effort and commitment.
Healthcare company comitted to improvement
Radiology Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTDecember 26, 2017
Working at Intermountain has always been a source of pride for me. I believe in the company and their mission. There is a strong sense of collaboration and a desire to continually improve.
Pros
noble mission focused on improvment in clinical care
Cons
too bureaucratic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intermountain Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.