Intermountain Healthcare

Intermountain Healthcare United States Employee Reviews

treated well, good benifits, oppurtunity for overtime, nice coworkers
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), LDS HospitalJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good pay
Cons: too many hours. no time for a home life
In Foodservice you are on you feet allot and busy most of the time.

Intermountain is a good company to work for they have great benefits and you are treated well.

Management is fair and they really listen to you.

The coworkers are friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand.

The hardest part of foodservice is dealing with cranky visitors and patients.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of welcome from the other people that work there.
Poor Management
Patient Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Salt LakeJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: bad management
Unrealistic expectations. Management did not control the bullies
Only the Best
Occupational Therapy Internship (Former Employee), Sandy, UTDecember 19, 2014
I only was here for a short time but the time I was here I enjoyed it greatly because of the clean and organized atmosphere.
love it
PRN (Current Employee), salt lake cityDecember 8, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
love it its a great job couldn't be happier.. everyone is great the people are great the doctors are great.
A company vision supported by the employees
Coding Consultant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great team to work with
A healthcare company that cares about the individual patients and provides the best care possible. Their employees are committed to the cause and are generally happy.

A day at work usually includes meetings, performing coding reviews, project management and team work. The department all works together to best support the providers and office staff in proper coding procedures.
Exciting, unpredictable and fun, heartbreaking and heartwarming at times, a rush of adrenalin at all times
RN, BSN (Former Employee), Murray, UTNovember 18, 2014
Pros: being able to help so many people, and the companionship of other healthcare workers
Cons: hardly ever being able to take a lunch break.
Get ready, get your head straight and compete for the most and most exciting patient to care for. Laugh and cry with your coworkers and patients. Feel wonderful at one moment because you made a difference and the next feel terrible because you wish you could have done more. For the most part the coworkers helped each other as a team effort, were supportive. Hardest part of the job was wondering what else you could have done and being totally exhausted at the end of the day, not being able to describe what you had gone through that day to your family. We have had a lot of management changes and did have a arrogant manager who destroyed many of my coworkers careers, but he was eventually fired. Things seem to be going better now.
Fantastic!
Interpreter (Current Employee), Provo, UTNovember 17, 2014
Love working for them. Seek to provide best environment for both patient and employees.
Great place to work part time while going to school or being a stay at home mom
Food and Nutrition (Current Employee), Sandy, UTNovember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch, flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks, long shifts
I've had the opportunity to learn customer service and management skills. I've had the opportunity to get to know some very interesting people. The benefits are good. I've been able to have a flexible schedule. During the holiday season can get a little crazy.
great place to work great benefits
Patient Relations Representative (Former Employee), Murray, UTNovember 3, 2014
Typical work day, review and record the days prior incident reports, follow with disciplinary actions if necessary. Prepare malpractice attorney requests, coordinate and participate in patients visits.
Excellent
Retail Management (Former Employee), Murray, UTOctober 26, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: n/a
I loved going to work every day!
I had many opportunities to advance in the company.
Management was firm, but fair.
I loved my co-workers and everyone I came in to contact with.
I Loved every aspect of the job and only moved because of relocation of a ailing family member.
The opportunity to learn with great mentors
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH NURSE, RN (Current Employee), Ogden, UTOctober 18, 2014
Pros: opportunity to work with knowledable nurses
Cons: willing to put patient safety at risk
I had the opportunity to advance my understanding within my department. Developing greater understanding of the inner workings on improving healthcare.
Best Healthcare Company to work for
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Logan, UtahOctober 18, 2014
Loved working for Intermountain Healthcare. The management was great, and the people I worked with were knowledgeable and confident.
Excellent Opportunity
HIM Contracting Consultant-Information Systems (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 15, 2014
I am currently a contractor for Intermountain Healthcare. I was hired to train Physicians on the use and completion of the electronic medical records using the Chartmaxx system. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping Physicians to complete there charts in a timely manner, so that they can continue patient care.
Great workplace
Cash Poster (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2014
Very good place to work in. The management are excellent to work with.
Coworkers are like family at work.
Excellent Industry
Senior Clinic Geriatric Practice (Former Employee), Murray, UtahOctober 8, 2014
Pros: supportive managers, friendly co-workers, room for advancement
If I would ever have the opportunity to work at a previous job I would undoubtedly work for Intermountain Healthcare again. I have worked there two times in my past career. There was so much room for advancement, co worker support, along with supportive managers. The management at Intermountain was fantastic. There are alot of opportunities at Intermountain. I regret letting this job go but due to unforeseen life changes I had no choice. I would recommend Intermountain to any student, graduate, or prospective medical field candidate to work for Intermountain.
Great Clinical Experience, Poor Employment Experience.
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 8, 2014
Cons: short breaks, if any at all for 12 hour shifts. scheduling and staffing. management.
Typical Day at work would involve providing safety and security for my patients, as well as top of the line hospitality and comfortability.

I learned a lot about psychiatric conditions and how to properly deal with violent, and life threatening situations, and how to be understanding of psychiatric conditions and help treat them.

Management is very uncertain at my job, and continually an issue. Micro managing is a major issue, and the majority of employees agree that management does not help out in most situations, and often makes things worse, and makes employees feel invaluable.

The majority of my coworkers are great at their job, yet do not get the recognition they deserve. I have never met so many hard workers so dedicated to the work they do and treatment they provide.

Hardest part of the job is the scheduling, which is all over the place and never consistent, and just the shear fact that the work never slows. It is constantly busy, and it is easy to get burned out physically, and emotionally.

The most enjoyable part about the job, are my coworkers and getting to work with such a diverse and dedicated bunch of individuals. And also, seeing the results of being able to help our patients.
Work
Commercial Billing (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 7, 2014
Provide effective billing
Problem solving and maintenance of financial computer records for all the patients.
Responsible for maintaining patients accounts from billing to collection.
Provide prompt customer service to member regarding copays, deductible
Research claim overpayments
Really good place, just not for me
HR Recruitment Generalist (Current Employee), Murray, UTOctober 7, 2014
I really enjoy Intermountain, but it is not where I see myself long term. It's a personal preference.
Good benefits
HR Recruiter Generalist (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 6, 2014
good benefits. Great flexibility. Nice people. Stable company.
fun job good co workers but very low pay and bennifits. management is ok .
Courier (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 4, 2014
Pros: cool co workers
Cons: no breaks, no lunch, low pay, low bennifits.
OK to work for but not great, fun busy job but no breaks and no lunch.

About Intermountain Healthcare

Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty – Read more

Intermountain Healthcare Salaries