Intermountain Healthcare

Intermountain Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Good benefits, poor management
Managed Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Murray UTJune 4, 2015
Intermountain Healthcare has some of the best healthcare benefits in the state of Utah and some other benefits that make it appealing for employees to want to work for their company,
The management that Intermountain provides is one of instability and job security is something that everyone always fears there.
benefits
Cons
screening for hires and management
Management makes it hard to stay
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 18, 2016
I worked at a clinic that throughout the years had it's ups and downs. I had several managers. I worked for IHC for 14 years. Last year I was bullied by my supervisor. To the point that it affected my health. This is not ok. It's also not ok that I was never given a fair chance. Way too much drama. Intermountain has a terrible reputation for managers/supervisors. They are there to make the work environment too perfect when we as humans are not perfect. Treat others as you would have them treat you. Stop with the drama and let good employees do their jobs!
Pros
Great Physicians
Cons
Horrible Supervisors, low pay, too much office Drama!
Respiratory Care
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 25, 2016
I enjoyed helping and assisting patients with all of their respiratory needs. Getting to know my patients was always of top priority to me as well as making sure that my patients were happy and content. Cooperation throughout the facility was vital and I feel that is something that I can give to any workplace environment. I am eager to get back into the medical field and hope that you consider my experience as well as strengths as a Respiratory Therapist.
Pros
Job security(401K, retirement, health benefits)
Productive and fun working environment!
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJune 11, 2016
I loved working here. The only reason I left is because I had to move states.

This was pretty much my first job as a Medical Assistant and they took a chance on me by hiring me. I learned a lot working here and had a great experience with management.

They have fun employee events for example a dunk tank for our annual summer barbecue, 5k, holiday bake-off and Halloween parties.
Pros
Employee Appreciation
Cons
Pay is not great unless you've been there a few years.
Great job for learning
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTApril 15, 2015
Great place to work for learning things every day. I would sort the samples that would come in from different clinics, put appropriate tests requested by doctors in the computer and prepare the samples for testing then take them to the appropriate machine or tech. It was a laid back work environment with great energetic people.
Pros
Laid back, opportunity to grow, great benifits
Cons
Travel time was over an hour and a half, short staffed for the amount of work, no communication between management and employees
Horrible Clinic
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJanuary 11, 2016
A lot of drama at the Intermountain Taylorsville Clinic the management is horrible and they do not care about new employees I have been here 4 months and still have not been trained and the drama that goes on here with staff, and management is horrible worse clinic to work for. The company maybe okay but that clinic is horrible they have a huge turn over rate there too and its due to there management.
Pros
Doctors are amazing
Cons
Management and drama
Good company to work for.
ED Manager, Quality Lead, Compliance and Risk (Former Employee) –  Fillmore, UTMarch 3, 2016
Although some people consider a personality conflict a good reason to consider a person less than a good employee. Generally speaking this is a good company to work for. Lots of support and people to help employees learn their jobs. Only a few do not give recognition for the many good things done and dwell upon the few mistakes some one makes.
Pros
Family like atmoshoere
Cons
Some people can't overlook personalities when it does not match theirs.
All and all a good company that likes to keep good employees. 99% of the people i met and dealt with were great.
Admin Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 17, 2016
* A typical work day was 8+ hours
* I learned more about the Health Care Industry
* Management was great and easy to work with
* The hardest part of the job would be managing you e-mails and meetings
* The people that work for IHC makes for a great atmosphere.
Pros
Stable employment, good people, and great benefits
Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 2, 2015
I loved working for Intermountain Healthcare. They have great benefits and treat their employees very well. I had the best co-workers and felt I was given opportunities to give my input. I highly recommend this employer!
Pros
Benefits, opportunities, pay, etc.
Great work environment
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 5, 2015
Typical day begins with report, followed by pt. assessments and cares. Daily rounds with MD, SW, RT to review patient and family cares, needs, concerns, change in condition and discharge planning.

Critical thinking skills required for the care of a critically ill patient, working with a team

Wonderful highly skilled professionals, providing excellent care and teamwork

Hardest part of job is stress in prioritizing needs in a critical care setting

The most enjoyable part is knowing that you made a difference and the rest of the team appreciates you
Pros
great salary and benefits, work parties
Cons
Not very good at helping within the company
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 19, 2015
Very good Benefits, below average pay. They look at external Candidates more than they do internal. A good culture overall, not good if you are wanting to move up within the company.
Run away !
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJune 8, 2016
Dixie Regional Medical Center will fire you for no reason. The Respiratory team is great but the manager will fire you as soon as Administration tells him the department is over budget. The work is typical respiratory work. Good benefits but lower pay compared to elsewhere.
Pros
Insurance, and the people you work with
Cons
Job security, Management
Great Job
Operating Room Orderly (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 5, 2016
It is a great atmosphere where you can learn and grow in your career in the medical field all the while being able to help those in need of healing.
Love the Company
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, UTApril 16, 2016
I love working for Intermountain. The only drawback I have is that I do not have an opportunity for growth within the clinic I am at. I am looking for ways to use the skills I've developed in coding, and I am feeling like my best chances are outside of Intermountain.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Limited growth in some positions
Amazing Place to Work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 16, 2016
I loved the staff i worked with. The patients were great and it varied so much there was no time to feel as though you were stagnating in your skills. Hardest part of the job was also one of the best and that would be the Patients. They could be amazing or troubling but it was always an even keel.
Great job with good benefits
Accounts Resolution Specialist- Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 8, 2016
I really enjoy working at Intermountain Healthcare, and have learned a lot from working here. I have been given opportunities to obtain leadership experience and really get to know the healthcare system from the clerical side.
Awesome benefits
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  salt lake city utJune 6, 2015
working with intermountain healthcare is an amazing company to work for. They have awesome benefits & great opportunity to extend career within company.
Great Company to work for
Critical Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 21, 2016
The company really cares about their employees. They give employee gifts and lunches and meal tickets. Most people are really friendly and willing to help everyone with anything.
Pros
great company
Cons
lots of extra education days requiring more time at work
treated well, good benifits, oppurtunity for overtime, nice coworkers
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LDS HospitalJanuary 7, 2015
In Foodservice you are on you feet allot and busy most of the time.

Intermountain is a good company to work for they have great benefits and you are treated well.

Management is fair and they really listen to you.

The coworkers are friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand.

The hardest part of foodservice is dealing with cranky visitors and patients.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of welcome from the other people that work there.
Pros
great benefits, good pay
Cons
too many hours. no time for a home life
Wonderful workplace with great co-workers
Intern - Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 8, 2016
Intermountain is a fantastic place to work - I'm continually learning how to be more productive, and I greatly enjoy the job culture. My co-workers are great, and the company takes very good care of its employees.