Business Office Manager
Location: Fort Myers, FL
The Business Office Manager is responsible for planning and coordinating the tactics for the organization’s reimbursement strategy. The Business Office Manager also oversees operation of the business office, which encompasses medical coding, claims submission, payment posting, accounts receivable follow-up and reimbursement.
- Directs billing functions, including accurate and timely filling of claims for all locations. Ensures reimbursement from patients, government payers, and insurance companies in compliance with federal, state and company policies.
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Business Office staff, promoting team building, cross training and development of staff members.
- Facilitate relationships with in-network insurance companies and their representative with regard to reimbursement and contractual issues for the Practice.
- Monitor all Medicare/Medicaid and payer claim processing changes, CPT and HCPCS code changes and modifications. Assist in analyzing proposed payer contracts to quantify financial impact to the company. Maintain payer insurance contracts and communicate updates with billing, A/R staff and various managers as needed.
- Oversee patient, payer contractual issues and reimbursement discrepancies.
- Periodic audit of payment postings. Oversee, audit and approve refunds.
- Oversee selection of charts for physician chart audits for practice compliance.
- Monitors the process for timely collection of patient payments and placing delinquent accounts into the collection process as outline by policy.
- Prepare monthly reports for trends.
- Provide accurate and timely financial data as required by Administrator.
- Achieve business office financial goals.
- Recruiting and hiring of vacant staff positions within the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare equivalent combination for education and experience
- Must have prior Healthcare industry experience and be familiar with field concepts, practices and procedures (Medical Billing/Regulator reporting/premiums, etc.)
- Must have a minimum of 3+ year’s relevant experience
- Management experience in a healthcare setting
- Competency computer skills with electronic billing programs, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of medical terminology and physician billing/collection practices
The incumbent must have strong organizational and interpersonal verbal and written communication skills. Requires general analytical ability, logical thinking and proficiency in concept formulation; ability to analyze events, generate ideas and solve problems; ability to work closely with co-workers and others to maintain a professional attitude. The incumbent must have the proven ability to communicate with physicians.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard