Internal Revenue Service
1,043 reviews

Internal Revenue Service Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Tax Account Clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2014
very fast pace, friendly environment, a lot of room for growth
Job was exstremely stressful
Revenue Agent (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 6, 2014
 Examine and audit business tax returns, educating individuals and corporations about tax law as it pertains to their specific situation to minimize fraud and assess proper tax liability.
 Work cooperatively with Field Agents to provide assistance and increase each other’s knowledge of tax law, tax research tools, and financial accounting principles.
Good job with benefits
Tax Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 6, 2014
Pros: job training, promotion potential
Cons: collection situatios
Helping people in a time of need to complete difficult tax situations offset conversations with people with tax debt made the job very worthwhile.

Annual training to help keep current with any tax changes helped to keep the job interesting.
Loved the people I worked with.
Tax Examining Technician (Former Employee), Ogden, UTAugust 6, 2014
Pros: benefits and money awards
Cons: worked around cleaning supplies that i am allergic to.
I would be able to be on my own, little supervision and I was given numerous awards for my Job. It was hard to leave my job because of medical reasons. I enjoyed everyday I was able to help solve someones Tax problems so they avoided fines and Levy's.

My Co-workers are some of the best people you would ever meet. Very professional and worked hard to – more... do the best job for the public.

Management for the most was fair and did all they could to help you seceded in your job and gave awards to excellent work. – less
Process phone collections
IRS assistant (Former Employee), Edison, NJAugust 6, 2014
Received calls coming into the IRS for collection purposes
A productive clean environment,and everybody is people friendly.
Seasonal Tax worker (Former Employee), 4800 Buford Hwy. Chamblee,GA 30089August 6, 2014
Pros: hour lunches.
Cons: great health benefits.
I attend to 1400 incoming and outgoing calls per hour,i assist customers with complaints and questions.I learned that it's always good to listen to your customers and understand their concerns.Management was great,me and manager always had a great relationship and worked well together as a team.My co-workers were very polite and people friendly and – more... never gave me any problems.My job never hard it was always a task that needed to be done.The most enjoyable part of my job was satisfying our customers. – less
Quiet work area
Secretary (Former Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 5, 2014
Surprisingly a nice place to work. Good people. Secure building. Minimal supervision.
Five Stars
Accounts Management Contact Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City MoAugust 4, 2014
Pros: union pay benefits including pension
Cons: hours
Internal Revenue Service is a job that requires me to reach and excel my highest potential. They do not underestimate or expect less than my best. The compensation is the best in the field and with them I feel I am being compensated fairly. The advancement opportunities are good but you have to be patient. The management has so far been very good. The – more... job culture is another outstanding factor because you feel that the employees are bonded together and no one has a knife to stab you in the back. Also they have a very powerful union, and having worked in non union jobs I prefer a union. – less
Very informative and consistent on Safety Procedures,
Power of Attorney Clerk (Current Employee), Farr West UtahAugust 4, 2014
Pros: on the job training
Cons: when working for the government there are always risks.
I feel Upper Management should take into consideration idea's that promote productivity and cost effective ideas. We process Power of Attorney forms for CPA's, Tax Payers and Attorney's. Not a lot of variety. You are allowed to associate with your co-worker's on breaks and lunches. The most important part of the job is timely processing the documents – more... so the Tax Payer's can have representation with their tax issues, – less
great fit for me
Tax Examiner Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 4, 2014
Pros: people and working conditions
Cons: uncontrolledlayoffs
Seasonal employee, work six months from January to August.
like the people and work environment.
Challenging and rewarding position
IT SPECIALIST (UNIX System Administrator) (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 3, 2014
My daily responsibilities include the planning and coordination of system administration services which include monitoring and triage of all issues that arise in any of the servers that are UNIX/ Linux and Windows based for status and performance utilizing Tivoli, E2E and Web sphere monitoring tools. This includes installation and control of software, – more... system configuration, recovery of failed systems and maintenance of hardware and software. Installing server upgrades, scheduling downtime to minimize user impact. Monitoring server performance; using performance-monitoring tools. Scheduling, monitoring, and verifying the integrity of systems backups and restoring files as needed. Correcting security vulnerabilities in assigned system components in response to problems identified in security reviews or risk assessments. Serving as a member of a team; planning and managing the upgrade of a large-scale environment. Removing drivers and editing systems files related to uninstalled software and sanitizing hardware removed from service. Additionally, these tasks require me to substantiate the integrity and availability of web portals, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying the completion of scheduled jobs (such as backups). I am also periodically required to perform regular security checks in an effort to identify any possible intrusions and observe servers for any issues with the file system and purge as necessary. – less
tough
Internal Revenue Agent (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 2, 2014
8 to 5
learned a multitude of info on tax related rules
management was great during training
co workers was easy going and nice
the hardest part is pleasing management
the most enjoyable was helping a tax payer
Data and Mail clerk
Mail and File Clerk/ Data Transcriber (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits (if applicable to position), no dress code, laid back environment.
Log on to system, organize work space, take files and enter them into system, file, candling, sorting, batching, and time cards.
Excellent Career Choice
Individual Support Specialist (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYAugust 1, 2014
Cons: temporary seasonal lay offs every year
As an individual accounts representitive, I assisted taxpayer inquires via inbound calls in a center based enviroment. Manager and peers were extremely friendly and helpful and the position was very rewarding.
Methodical approach to helping the community.
Volunteer Income Tax Preparation (Former Employee), Boone, IowaJuly 31, 2014
Pros: free snacks and coffee
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program helps students acquire experience and helps the community to file their income taxes. All the procedures become methodical as every filer must provide the same types of information. Management was quick and decisive in complicated situations.
IRS
Instructor (Former Employee), Chamblee, GAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: place to grow
Cons: pay scale
Never a dull moment. Very educational and helped me to become a better person.
Loved the people and the managment
Data entry clerk (Former Employee), Ogden UTJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great pay and benifits
Cons: seasonal
Fun place to work. Always learning new things and meeting new people. lots of room to grow.
Productive and Satisfaying
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Audtin, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: excelent benefits, seasonal jobs
Cons: seasonal job
Respond to phone calls from taxpayers.
Resolve problems by researching accounts and analyzing the problems, based on IRS guidelines.
This was an amazing learning experience.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJuly 29, 2014
I could not have asked for a better school sponsored program. I was able to work with the public in a community service position that required maturity and hard work. We dealt with client's sensitive financial and personal information in and enjoyable pro bono environment.
People were great!
Transaction Processor (Former Employee), Austin Hwy, San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2014
Very challenging. Found the management to not be supportive or helpful.

About Internal Revenue Service

WASHINGTON - The Internal Revenue Service today released new withholding tables that will result in more take-home pay this spring – Read more

Internal Revenue Service Photos