Internal Revenue

Internal Revenue Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Data Transcriber (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great pay & benefits
Cons: seasonal
I learned even though its a faced paced environment all the managers & co-workers were always there for any help or questions you have
Good temporary / seasonal job.
Cash Clerk (Former Employee), 333 Pershing Rd KCMO 64108December 16, 2014
Pros: good pay, work independently, lunch area.
Cons: management out of touch, no chance for advancement, no employee voice.
Appreciated good pay. Was tired of the repetitiveness of the work. Management were tyrants. Employees had no voice. Permanent employment not an option through this channel. Slackers not caught. diligent employees not rewarded. Liked retrieving the metro carts. inventive ideas for greater productivity not thwarted.
I learned to type on the job!
Mail Room Clerk/ Data Transcriber (Former Employee), Covington, KYDecember 11, 2014
Pros: beneficial for time management and skill building.
Cons: beginning job feeling deficient in skill level.
Data Transcribing challenged me. My work environment consisted of computer station groups. I learned specific Internal Revenue Manuals pertaining to the specific batches of forms being keyed. I liked working independently and felt empowered as my level of document perfection increased.
Productive Day of assisting with tax information
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 3, 2014
Productive Day of assisting with tax information. Assisting people with any inquiry they had.
Good work place, fun people,
Internal Revenue Service, Notice Analysis (Former Employee), Ogden, UTNovember 21, 2014
Pros: great hours, good pay, good benefits.
Cons: production work, rates to meet while maintaining quality.
Great career for single mothers, I spent 26 and a half years there and the promotion opportunities are frequent. Good pay, good benefits.
Started at 7AM retyped, perfected notices.
I learned to train and OJT employees using government standards.
The people I worked with became like family, and great socialization.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with Quality Review. Every error counts against your yearly evaluation.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Stressful job
Tax Specialist/Instructor (Former Employee), Tucker, GANovember 6, 2014
This is a very stressful job for someone with a family and a lot of obligations. The hours can be good but you will have to put in some time in the company in ordr to get a good work schedule.
Professionalism
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 29, 2014
You are dealing with all different kinds of people. Every return is unique in its own.
Great place to work if you like the call center atmosphere.
Call Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: short lunch
Great atmosphere; lots to learn; engaging and information support staff.
Military
Tax Examiner (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 10, 2014
Military, NAVY day lifestyle
Working and Serving your country. It is a day to
Typical Goverment Career
Tax Examiner (Current Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: government career
Cons: seasonal only
Good Benefits and Job stability.
Examine amended 1040X tax returns to determine if deductions and credits should be allowed. Review tax returns and enter them into a computer system for processing. Check taxpayers' math and make sure that the amounts they report match those from other sources. Verify that Social Security numbers match names, addresses are corrected and all forms are in system to process clients returns. Ensure taxpayers interpret instructions on tax forms in order to process returns in a timely manner. Make copies of returns and route to proper departments. Perform general clerical duties.
Great place to work.
Clerk /Typist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 6, 2014
Great place to work. An opportunity to learn and be humble. Work with the mentally challenged. Great supervisor. Very efficient and proactive work environment.
I was a lead mail clerk, lots of responibles, fast pace job
Mail Clerk Lead (Current Employee), austin texasSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: health ins. annual leave and sick leave
Cons: work is measured for speed and accurace
I would get to work. Get production sheet out. Pass out work fairly to coworkers. Check computer for latest update and changes on work. If there was latest memos, make copies and pass out to coworkers.
I would answer phone take messages for manger until she arrive. Pick work up from desk sort, check to see if it was gone correctly.
I would put it in correct baskets and weigh it and send it down the line.I would collect checks and take them to clerical department.
At end of night make sure all work is pick up, do production sheet for management.
It is a lot work keeping coworkers and management happy. I got along with my manager, new and it took some time getting on the same page. I got along very well with my co-workers, The key is to treat them fairly with even amount of work. But i learned there is always at least one no matter what you do will always one complaining about something or someone.
It was a fast pace job, with a bunch of different jobs and work to remember.
My co-workers did appreciate the job Idid to help make there job easier.
Well....it's a livin', but it's no little slice of heaven !
Data Transcriber (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2014
Cons: many
Pay and health insurance were probably the ONLY things that made this job bearable. The actual work itself was tolerable if one was of sufficient production quality that they were allowed to bring their radio/mp3 player and listen to headphones while working....a privilege that had to be earned.

Management was of the old-school mindset of "we'll just get somebody else who can do it better", and this led to high turnover, high employee dissatisfaction, and numerous grievances, ALL of which could have been avoided with a change in attitude on the part of management. The union was quite powerless to do very much, other than try to kiss up to management, despite there being numerous contract violations.

Employees who became ill, or needed to care for family, were required to provide extensive medical documentation, to be given to management (instead of the site nurse as per the contract) who were not medically-certified to make medical-based decisions, and employee rights were continuously violated. I approached the Director one day, and much to my surprise, he agreed WITH ME. As things turned out though, that director was probably more interested in retiring later that year, than fixing the problems I pointed out, because I did not see any changes.

To make matters worse, our jobs were being eliminated, and although there was a mention made of replacement jobs, none ever materialized. Those of us that were well-seasoned, were tossed out in the street, and I heard by the grapevine that new personnel were hired off the street, paid less, little or no benefits, and were mere term employees. Forget those who worked for YEARS.

Our problem in this country is GREED. Plain and simple. The bad attitude on the part of management is a reflection of poor leadership, and also an indication of poor people skills. It costs to be the boss, but hard-working employees shouldn't have to bear that cost.
Iinternal Revenue
Lead Process Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 3, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: seasonal
Employed there eight years work is at steady pace little to no supervision.I learn to process as well as train others how to route tax payer form to correct department. The hardest part was to hand open each envelope by hand when machine that pre open mail was malfunctioned
Great Job
Account Management (Former Employee), Memphis,TnJuly 1, 2014
Pros: responsibility
Cons: training
Great place to work. Great Co-workers
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job the time
a job with a field work
Internship (Former Employee), ho-volta regionJune 9, 2014
Pros: example: free lunches.
Cons: safe
i was able to go to the field with my immedisate superiors which made me to gain a little exposure to a lot of people
Military
Temp. Clerk (Former Employee), FT. Campbell, KYMay 24, 2014
What can I say. This is the military. You have good and bad days but at the end of the day you are still priviledged to wear the US flag on your uniform.
A secure federal job
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 5, 2014
There are some intersting projects, but agency lacks motivated workers. Budget uncertainties have caused some turmoil of late. They will be hard pressed to bring in younger, motivated talent.
Great Place
Contact Service Representative (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhioMarch 30, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: seasonal
Great Place to work and excellent benefits. Great supervisors and co-workers.
Very productive and professional
Clerk (Former Employee), Baton Rouge,LaFebruary 20, 2014
I have work in vary productive fast pace office environment, where we transcript documents for business, and personal income tax. I have learn how to do many things such as data entry, word processing through transcripts, and how to prepare my own taxes. My co-workers was awesome we help each other perform our duties in timely manner. In this job it was no hard parts everything went smooth sailing and I really enjoy working with the company. I enjoy running errands, typing documents, and working with my co-workers.

1 2 3