International Academy of Design and Technology Employee Reviews in United States

Team Oriented Environment
Admissions/Re-Entry Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 21, 2012
Working at IADT Online for the last 5 years has been an essential stepping stone in my career. I have learned not only work skills but life skills as well. The managers and staff are caring and well qualified which makes this environment refreshing.
Pros
benefits, flexibility
Cons
not much room for advancement
Federal Work Study Program
Librarian: Federal Work Study (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 3, 2015
This was overall a good place to work, and taught me better organizational skills. Working there also taught me to have more patience, having been assigened repetitive tasks frequently.
Pros
My boss was very nice to me.
Cons
Sometimes it was slow because we were in a teach-out after our campus closed.
It wasn't stable work.
Adjunct College Instructor (Graphics) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2015
Being and Adjunct instructor. Work was never steady from semester to semester. Hard to sometimes plan anything past a few weeks down because you never knew when you will get your next set of classes.

Great staff... just unstable work.
Creative Environment
Student Advisor/SAP Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2014
My work day was always very productive and full of opportunity to help students advance to their educational goals. The groups of individuals’ on the academics team are all very creative, dedicated and excited to see students’ excel. The hardest part of my day was seeing a student who did not recognize his or her potential, however the most rewarding was to see students’ graduate. I loved the flexibility offered, and the consistent support of management.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no growth opportunity
Busy office enviornment
Records Management (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2014
Just a temp job for me. I was in records management and had some family problems to deal with, so because I had to leave early one day I was let go.
Education is a wonderful thing
Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2012
This is a wonderful place to work. It allows me to interact with students all over the country and give them motivation to stay in school. Earning a degree is the one thing that nobody can ever take away. My co-workers are great and we all practice the art of retention. The management team is wonderful and they allow me to make my own best practices that work for me and my students.
Great coworkers and a great team environment
Records Coordinator-Registrar Department (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 1, 2015
I had great coworkers and my manager was a great manager! We all worked well together and it was a great experience! I was busy my entire 8 hour day!
IADT's workstudy program is completely arbitrary
Media Center Work Study Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2014
To begin, IADT has a good half of it's work staff in the workstudy program, so your paperwork is probably handled by the same students who are paying to go to college AND the money you earn is tied to your student loan. One of my roommates was forced to drop out after mishandled paperwork rendered him ineligible when he became sick for a period of time. That being said, my work day began with opening the college media center, and turning on all the workstations. The Media center itself is run by one or two supervisors and one to three workstudy employees. The remainder of the day is left to shelving and organizing books, assisting students with programs, answers the phone and maintaining the printers and computers. The best part of the day was largely the lack of need of my service to attend to my own studies.
Pros
extra time to study
Cons
you need to be a student to apply to workstudy
Creative environment
Academic Advisor/Special Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Good transitional job, no room for advancement. Flexible schedule, good pay.
Has been a great place to work
Fashion Faculty Lead (Current Employee) –  Troy MichiganMarch 25, 2014
Current culture is in ongoing changes. Troy facility is in close out status. At corporate level programs are going to 5 week terms with classes meeting twice a week for 5 hours each day.

Current culture is corporate minded, stressfull, but focus is still on student outcomes.

Want to know more about International Academy of Design and Technology?

Ask a question
Student worker for Registrar and Academics Departments
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2013
Worked for Registrar and Academics Department. A typical day involved filing, scanning, and photocopying student files for registrar office. Maintained faculty adjunct room and photocopied or scanned any documents that were provided by chairpersons or instructors. My coworker was the best person I have worked with for a long time. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of all the students. The most enjoyable part was working with the manager in the registrar office and learning the different functions of the job.
Pros
increased finances while attending school
Cons
not able to work at school for two years once student graduates.
A day working for IADT
Business Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2013
Just about every morning I would be faced with some kind of maintenance issue as I would walk in the door. Good morning I would always say before lessoning to the issue. Then I was off and running handling any issues that came my way from making change for the bookstore to payroll and everything in between. In the six years working at IADT I have improved my manager skills greatly and enjoyed all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job would have to be leaving all my co-workers behind. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to see the students grow and graduate every year.
Pros
being part of the student functions
Decent school to work for
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 18, 2013
High pressure, phone based sales. High turnover. Room for advancement because of the size of the corp. Stressful
Pros
good pay, advancement opportunities
Cons
high stress, pressure, and turnover
A reactionary company
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa OnlineFebruary 26, 2014
Good:
Staff is friendly

Bad:
Management is reactionary.
Company steps on its feet often by micromanaging micromanaged processes.
90% of leads are unqualified/ineligible.
Poor training
I am people person and I love to work with my peers
I work as a student worker in print office. (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 28, 2013
I love working here at International Academy of Design and Technology because I love the students that comes in and order their art work and I love to help the when they have questions about any graphic design or how they should print their work. Exp: In what size or colors, or give them my opinion about their work. The people here at IADT(Detroit) are very friendly and are so creative when it comes to desiging .
Pros
i work as a freelance for myself. i been doing photography, videography and video production for about 3 years.
Responsiblities for each job held
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 22, 2013
Library Assistant
Created a computerized system for checking out industry sensitive magazines, assisted students with research, and kept the books organized according the Library of Congress standard.
General Education Tutor
Worked with students in accomplishing homework, edited papers, administered placement tests, and assisted the General Education Chair as needed.
Registrar Assistant
Filed sensitive student material and completed tasks as assigned by the Registrar or Assistant Dean
Engaging and Intensive Work Environment
Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 8, 2014
From tutoring every and all students on equipment and computer software to cleaning and maintaining all 130+ computers and printers, it was empowering to be responsible for the goings-on in such an intimate and progressive academy.
Educational and fun learning experience
Student Projects (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2013
 Adept at working with clients to discern needs and requirements
 Strong knowledge of various media and styles
 Works effectively with various software programs to produce web designs
 Effectively translated subject matter into graphic design
 Delivered assigned projects on time and with prescribed parameters
Pros
variety of projects
Cons
some professors want assignments done a certain way
wonderful space to help do what i like to do
Tutor/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 8, 2012
here i helped any and everyone that needed help in the fashion design department so i never grew bored. I learned everything from the groud up as far as sewing and merchandising. Managment helped me whenever i needed it. My co-workers we pleasnt to work with and the enjoy being around me as well. i didnt find anything about the job to hard because i enjoyed everything about it.
Pros
great space
Library Assistant at International Academy of Design and Technology -Sacramento
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 27, 2013
Quiet, educating students on graphic programs or Microsoft program suites (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), ability to do more on a slow day was the hardest thing, love the admin skills that I gain from this position
Pros
experience in admin skilss
Cons
slow days mainly