International Academy of Design and Technology

International Academy of Design and Technology Employer Reviews

Engaging and Intensive Work Environment
Information Technician (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILNovember 8, 2014
From tutoring every and all students on equipment and computer software to cleaning and maintaining all 130+ computers and printers, it was empowering to be responsible for the goings-on in such an intimate and progressive academy.
Fun, fast paced
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Henderson, NVNovember 7, 2014
Pros: 5 week courses
Cons: school closing
Great teaching environment. Students are eager to learn.
Co-workers enjoy teaching here.
Creative environment
Academic Advisor/Special Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Good transitional job, no room for advancement. Flexible schedule, good pay.
IADT's workstudy program is completely arbitrary
Media Center Work Study Employee (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2014
Pros: extra time to study
Cons: you need to be a student to apply to workstudy
To begin, IADT has a good half of it's work staff in the workstudy program, so your paperwork is probably handled by the same students who are paying to go to college AND the money you earn is tied to your student loan. One of my roommates was forced to drop out after mishandled paperwork rendered him ineligible when he became sick for a period of time. That being said, my work day began with opening the college media center, and turning on all the workstations. The Media center itself is run by one or two supervisors and one to three workstudy employees. The remainder of the day is left to shelving and organizing books, assisting students with programs, answers the phone and maintaining the printers and computers. The best part of the day was largely the lack of need of my service to attend to my own studies.
great school, great teachers, expensive
Student (Former Employee), 2495 Village View Dr. Henderson, NVJuly 1, 2014
Pros: intimate atmosphere with small
This is a school, not a job,
but nevertheless the atmosphere was excellent
Creative Environment
Student Advisor/SAP Lead (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 20, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no growth opportunity
My work day was always very productive and full of opportunity to help students advance to their educational goals. The groups of individuals’ on the academics team are all very creative, dedicated and excited to see students’ excel. The hardest part of my day was seeing a student who did not recognize his or her potential, however the most rewarding was to see students’ graduate. I loved the flexibility offered, and the consistent support of management.
Has been a great place to work
Fashion Faculty Lead (Current Employee), Troy MichiganMarch 25, 2014
Current culture is in ongoing changes. Troy facility is in close out status. At corporate level programs are going to 5 week terms with classes meeting twice a week for 5 hours each day.

Current culture is corporate minded, stressfull, but focus is still on student outcomes.
A reactionary company
Admissions Associate (Former Employee), Tampa OnlineFebruary 26, 2014
Good:
Staff is friendly

Bad:
Management is reactionary.
Company steps on its feet often by micromanaging micromanaged processes.
90% of leads are unqualified/ineligible.
Poor training
Library Assistant at International Academy of Design and Technology -Sacramento
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 27, 2013
Pros: experience in admin skilss
Cons: slow days mainly
Quiet, educating students on graphic programs or Microsoft program suites (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), ability to do more on a slow day was the hardest thing, love the admin skills that I gain from this position
Fun workplace and friendly students and staff
Work Study (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2013
It is a nice place to work, as I do go to school here, and I have time while there's a lull in work, I can get my homework finished.
I love working with students on a campus.
Associate Registrar (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 5, 2013
I worked for Career Education Corporation CEC/ International Academy of Design and Technology IADT for 9 years. I truly loved my job. I worked in a very fast paced environment that required me to think on my feet. I worked well with all departments on the campus as everything campus related came through my office. I learned how to work with auditors, regulatory agencies, and how to report demographics among other characteristics to the Accreditation and regulatory agencies. I also learned how to write, implement and enforce policies throughout a campus as well as at the regional level. I have an knack for problem solving and conflict resolution. I have excellent people skills and truly enjoy working with a diverse group of people. I have excellent multi-tasking skill and I have often heard the phrase "I wish we could clone her" while referring to me.

The hardest part about my job was trying not to take on too much. I planned the graduations for the campus for the last 5 years, while going to college full time at night and working full time during the day, I also assisted with other campus events throughout the year. I just wrapped up my last campus graduation with IADT. Although, I no longer worked for the company, I volunteered my time to plan graduation for the class of 2013 to make sure those students had the best graduation possible. Along with many other aspects of my job, I feel planning graduation was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Graduation was not originally part of my job requirements but I wanted the experience so I asked the President for the opportunity to try and plan it. He obliged and I have been doing it ever since.
Educational and fun learning experience
Student Projects (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2013
Pros: variety of projects
Cons: some professors want assignments done a certain way
 Adept at working with clients to discern needs and requirements
 Strong knowledge of various media and styles
 Works effectively with various software programs to produce web designs
 Effectively translated subject matter into graphic design
 Delivered assigned projects on time and with prescribed parameters
Student worker for Registrar and Academics Departments
Student Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 6, 2013
Pros: increased finances while attending school
Cons: not able to work at school for two years once student graduates.
Worked for Registrar and Academics Department. A typical day involved filing, scanning, and photocopying student files for registrar office. Maintained faculty adjunct room and photocopied or scanned any documents that were provided by chairpersons or instructors. My coworker was the best person I have worked with for a long time. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of all the students. The most enjoyable part was working with the manager in the registrar office and learning the different functions of the job.
I am people person and I love to work with my peers
I work as a student worker in print office. (Current Employee), Troy, MIMarch 28, 2013
Pros: i work as a freelance for myself. i been doing photography, videography and video production for about 3 years.
I love working here at International Academy of Design and Technology because I love the students that comes in and order their art work and I love to help the when they have questions about any graphic design or how they should print their work. Exp: In what size or colors, or give them my opinion about their work. The people here at IADT(Detroit) are very friendly and are so creative when it comes to desiging .
Decent school to work for
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Troy, MIMarch 18, 2013
Pros: good pay, advancement opportunities
Cons: high stress, pressure, and turnover
High pressure, phone based sales. High turnover. Room for advancement because of the size of the corp. Stressful
Responsiblities for each job held
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAJanuary 22, 2013
Library Assistant
Created a computerized system for checking out industry sensitive magazines, assisted students with research, and kept the books organized according the Library of Congress standard.
General Education Tutor
Worked with students in accomplishing homework, edited papers, administered placement tests, and assisted the General Education Chair as needed.
Registrar Assistant
Filed sensitive student material and completed tasks as assigned by the Registrar or Assistant Dean
A day working for IADT
Business Operational Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: being part of the student functions
Just about every morning I would be faced with some kind of maintenance issue as I would walk in the door. Good morning I would always say before lessoning to the issue. Then I was off and running handling any issues that came my way from making change for the bookstore to payroll and everything in between. In the six years working at IADT I have improved my manager skills greatly and enjoyed all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job would have to be leaving all my co-workers behind. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to see the students grow and graduate every year.
Everyday was challenging, new, and fresh which made the day exciting
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2012
Pros: safe and friendly environment
Cons: lunch breaks too long
My work day was answering phones taking messages, organizing,filing,updating, running errands, sending memos, working cordially with others.I am a viable part of the company. I'm always punctual and ready for a busy workday.
Education is a wonderful thing
Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2012
This is a wonderful place to work. It allows me to interact with students all over the country and give them motivation to stay in school. Earning a degree is the one thing that nobody can ever take away. My co-workers are great and we all practice the art of retention. The management team is wonderful and they allow me to make my own best practices that work for me and my students.
Good place, Good people
Adjunct Business Professor (Current Employee), Troy, MIJune 27, 2012
Everyone is very helpful making sure you have everything you need to be successful.