International Automotive Components

International Automotive Components Employer Reviews

Easy work, Great Co- Workers
General Laborer/Tier 2 Operator/Backup line leader (Current Employee), Port Huron, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: available overtime when needed/ great healthcare.
Cons: short breaks/upper management needs work
All in all is a very nice place to work. I enjoy working there and with my Co-Workers everyone is very nice and helpful. I wish I wasn't getting laid off for 13 weeks soon with the possibility of not being called back due to lack of work. The worst part is being forced over another 4 hours when you have things of importance to be done in your home life. Upper Management could use some help in areas, but they do provide an excellent healthcare package.
IT Support Specialist / Site Administrator
Site Administrator/IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, TNDecember 18, 2014
Pros: location, job duties, corporate culture
Cons: work schedule, management
Server support
Site backup
Printer / scanner administration and repair
Print On Demand support on Shop floor
QAD shop floor support
LAN troubleshooting and support
PC software installation and trouble shooting
PC hardware installation and trouble shooting
User support and administration
On call coverage
Great company to work for.
Production Manager (Current Employee), North CarolinaDecember 7, 2014
Pros: kaizen process is used
Cons: long hours
The hours can be long, but that is common in the automotive industry as a whole. Where IAC excels is in the their phenomenal benefits plan, overtime pay beyond 40 hours, and extreme flexibility in working hours. Further, while turnover is low among new hires due to the long hours there are also scores of employees who have left IAC only to return a few years later on account of the job security available here
Excellent benefits package, management was good.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Huron, OHNovember 6, 2014
Pros: excellent medical insurance, 401k, profit sharing, union shop (uaw). paid holidays and vaction
Cons: can be forced in early or over and worked many weekends. can work months without a day off.
A typiocal day started with a brief meeting with supervisor for job assignments and any needed info concerning machines,products n materials. Run my machine and make parts, inspect for defects, proper color match and short shots. then I would do any required assembly and pack product for shipping,apply shipping label.

Learned a great deal about quality n how to trouble shoot and recognize issues with the machine/product.

Management was pretty good for the most part. Highly involved in the process when new products are being made.

My co-workers were very good, although, I did have some personality clashes with a few,but, you have that anywhere you work. Had fun and worked well with my team.

The hardest part of the job was not getting frustrated when a new product wasn't being made to the standards required by the

the most enjoyable part was when we were able to make parts that were up to the standard required by the customer.
descent place to wrok
ROBOT PROGRAMMER/MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCOctober 21, 2014
This was a pretty descent place to work. It is about average with other manufacturers.
Solid automotive manufacturing company
Superintendent (Former Employee), Mendon, MIOctober 20, 2014
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: pay is not in-line with todays marketplace
Positive culture to be a part of. Management is dedicated to achieving company goal and continuous education.
It's okay.
Assembly Line Operator (Current Employee), Anniston, ALOctober 8, 2014
The job work is inconsistent. Not a whole lot to say. It was okay. Too much work for not a lot of pay.
Great People, Union Enviroment
Summer Intern/Materials Planner (Former Employee), Wauseon, OHOctober 8, 2014
I come from a more multiCultural Enviroment, and I have never worked in a union facility this was very different then my previous Automotive experiences
productive and fun
Operator (Former Employee), Sidney, OHOctober 6, 2014
I learned about carpet molding and water jet cutting. how placement in things are particular. fun environment to work in and great people to work with
Nepotism is very high at IAC.
Material handler/Quality Auditor/Assembly (Current Employee), Warren, MISeptember 30, 2014
Pros: its close to the city, therefore it's not a long commute to work
Cons: nepotism is to high there
It's all about who you know. If you do get in on your own merit. There you will stay, in what ever position you were hired for. Management has there favorites, the kiss ups. Doing a great job is not enough here. Having a terrific work record is not enough. As a matter of fact it puts a Target on your back, because they are threaten by that. Management will try to dishonor you to be able to move their friends ahead without any back lash.
Good place to work, but looking for Production Supervisor position
Operator (Current Employee), Alma, MISeptember 22, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Production with high standards of quality. Working in a team environment, The hardest part of my job is keeping the machines running 24 hours 7 days a week. The best part of my job is to see the highest quality parts produced at the lowest cost.
Productive and fun workplace
Assembly (Former Employee), Belvidere, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: production
Cons: short breaks
We would have a meeting then we'd go to our departments. I've learned so much about cars working there. It's rewarding also feels good to be apart of a major project. I was on top of the world well I felt important, useful, and excited. If I could I'd work there forever it was that great also the workers, supervisors, and higher ups were all great people to be around and work with!
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIJuly 6, 2014
A typical day would be to open mail. check to see which invoices could be processed for payment and audit and contact vendors to try to get invoices for payment.
productive
Team leader (Current Employee), belvidere ilMay 28, 2014
co-works are good, we have the most effective shift in the plant
Great learning experience
Materials Specialist (Former Employee), Mendon, MIMay 28, 2014
Pros: the occasional free lunches
Cons: i was a contract employee
I was a production planner where I worked with Chrysler to supply them with headliners and door panels for their Jeep Patriots and their Town and Country mini vans. This experience greatly helped with my ability to effectively communicate with customers and with co workers. I also learned to better utilize time management skills and being able to make critical decisions under pressure.
Quality Control Auditor (Former Employee), 1608 Sawmill Pkwy Huron, Oh 44839May 17, 2014
Customer satisfaction is a must and everyone is held accountable for their performance, this is why I.A.C. exceeds customer satisfaction.
Good Place to work at
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Mendon, MIFebruary 17, 2014
People were friendly, had no complaints about it. Every one had a great time working there. Lots of rumors, but what factory doesn't have rumors
Fun workplace
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Belvidere, ILFebruary 5, 2014
There are many ways to grow within the company. A lot of promotions are available.
IAC was a very good company to work for over the years
MOLD LINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 16, 2014
In at 7am get job a signment an get the requirement numbers.

molding parts and learning the attachments that goes with parts.

Office open when ever u need to talk.

very good group of peoples

when the machine is down .

learning different skills
My job is alright
Operator (Current Employee), Mendon, MIDecember 30, 2013
Pros: paid lunches, as well as two ten minute breaks
Cons: no headphones, no cellphones, no food or drinks. the attendance policy is ridiculous, the insurance isn't great. the company controls everything the union does.
I am a basic operator. I run the same machine everyday, every week. I have learned how to manage my time better as well as know my quality. The management depends on what department your in. Some are great, others aren't, just like any other job. The hardest part of the job is working with others. Many have grown accustomed to working in a union and their work ethics are extremely low. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to bid on other jobs to try new things.

1 2 3

About International Automotive Components

Automobile interiors: Who doesn't love that new car smell? But when it comes to comfort, convenience, and safety, thank International – Read more