International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE)

International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE) Employee Reviews in United States

never work here
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale AZJune 11, 2016
they play with your paycheck and switch you from department without your knowledge no training or anything very bad company
STRATEGIC PROJECTS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 13, 2016
International Cruise & Excursions has been a great starting point for my career. The environment was nothing short of amazing and I would recommend the company to anyone!
Pros
Great environment, potential to grow
Cons
I have no complaints

Comment – May 18, 2016

Thank you for leaving your review! We strive to make sure our employees are happy and we are so glad to hear you are enjoying your career with us!

do your job right and you be happy
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 25, 2016
come in on time do your job right the rules on commissions and you will not have complaints about the check or your job I love it here I come in excited everyday the benefits are great and I like my boss they keep me updated on my work here people say they aren't organized but you as well have to be organized and keep track of your work as well but I like it good pay good benefits
Treats employees like children
sales (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 16, 2016
Bad sales job, even when you do your quota, the 'house' takes the first 2, so you won't get any compensation like they tell you in the interview.
They say to build report with clients, but fail to establish that with their employees.
The do not value education, nor foster those who want to be better with encouragement or training. They do the opposite: ask you to lower yourself to that of them or their clients. (Sad!)
Pros
benefits: cafe, gym, discounts
Cons
everything else
$20/hr is really $10 plus a quarter a lead
Promotional Agent (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 21, 2016
They lie to you from start to finish. First, you do not get $20/hr. Second, everyone is a winner of the sweepstakes unless they are on the Do Not Call List. Third, they want you to lie that the customer will not be spammed. Fourth, be ready to deal with irate customers complaining to you that the previous agent lied to them about being spammed. Fifth, the management staff is incompetent and could not do this job effectively themselves. Sixth, if few customers are in store you will get very little commission and it will be your fault not customers are not in store.

Do not take this job unless you are comfortable with manipulation and deception.

Also, any positive reviews you read online on this or any other position in this company are written by the management since they need a constant supply of potential employees to treat like hookers on a street corner.
Pros
Cons
Incompentent management
Misrepresentation of products, much dishonesty in many areas.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 2, 2016
Not much integrity here. Salespeople lie to get a sale. Management knows but doesn't care. Leads are not distributed fairly.The company is selling things that are misleading and not attainable to the purchaser. Sales are made repeatedly to the same person under a different label. Run. Run as fast as you can in the other direction.
Pros
Hmmm
Cons
Where do I start?
Alright job
sales representative (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 8, 2016
This job is very unorganized. Management constantly changes things constantly with very short notice. Not enough hours are given and even within those hours, it is very hard to complete the test because all management worries about its numbers.
high pressure sales, call center environment
Team Lead/ Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 5, 2016
Most of my day is spent on the phone with a script which doesn't work with my clientele. I've had over 20 scripts the entire time I've worked at ICE and they care not to read over the script over to make sure it makes comprehensive sense. Which you wonder the amount of time and effort to cut, past and mash up other scripts which have not work previously.
They have no loyalty to those have invested more than a year of their lives there, if you don't hit your numbers, they'll make you sweat until you either produce or they wont even fire you, just send you to another department to fail elsewhere.But I've seen people who have invested more than 3, 5 years, and they hold the door open for you to hike it out of there.
The turn over rate is horrendous for both employees and employers, I don't bother to learn anyone's names anymore except for my managers, which even for my managers and supervisors, I wont bother to be sociable with them until they've been able to stick out the job for more than six months.
There is opportunity for a lot of lateral movement, but its only because the company would rather have you waste time else where instead of letting you go to collect unemployment.
The company employs a point based system for any emergencies. Late, leave early, need to call in, sick, etc... you gather points and at 7, they penalize you for it. They dont allow you to apply for other positions and start breathing down your neck especially if you are not making numbers.
But they don't view things comprehensively, such as when I had to take a week off of work because I caught pneumonia,
  more... from one of my last managers, no less, who had walking pneumonia. (he got my whole department sick). I got all the points for missing the days and they still took my pto for my days off. I couldn't transfer because of my points, and had my supervisor stressing me out despite HR having my doctors note.
All medical benefits are normal, the in office nurse office is not as convenient as you think it is, don't even expect to have good travel benefits from a travel agency. They don't encourage you to travel, in fact the way the company is set up everything is STACKED AGAINST you for learning the trade. Unless your okay with a cruise to nowhere, have fun selling your clientele that gem.And ps, pay for your own plane ticket.
Also the cafeteria food is mediocre at best and frankly over priced.
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive fun place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 3, 2016
Its a Sales Job typical workday is 5-6 hrs Cold calling 50-100 new existing members. Management type: micromanagement :( The best part was onsite Gym /CAfe/ great location.
Pros
wholesale travel
Cons
benefits are not employer sponsor
It was an exciting place to work with lots of perks
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 31, 2015
A day would consist of making phone calls to clients with timeshares offering them a vacation package. The hardest part pf the job would be the 30,000 dollar quota you have to make every month.
Don't Bother
marketing (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 27, 2015
Marketing was a total mess: Turnover incredibly high. Extreme nepotism and family constantly airing dirty laundry about each other making environment awkward. Unprofessional. Poor quality work due to bad systems and no training. Low pay. Lots of hours. Favoritism. They give themselves fake awards that are bought. Most of the programs are at or near a scam. Extremely disorganized. No 401k match. Low morale. No advancement.
Pros
Will hire you if you're cute and straight out of college
Cons
Just avoid this place, or get short-term experience to pad resume and move on
work at home, online meetings with co-workers
Cruise Sales (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 5, 2015
I enjoyed booking cruises. It is a fun and positive thing to do with people who have called me on the phone. I easily relate with anyone who called me.
Pros
work at home, good insurance, win cruises
Cons
can't think of any
No complaints
Cruise Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 9, 2015
No Complaints r4eally, company is a little messed up with the packages they try to sell, i just don't see the value in it. Its hard to sell something you don't believe in. but the employee culture is great. wish there were a little more flexibility with scheduling for inbound agents. they have them on a tight leash.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 11, 2015
they work you to the bone and the company is run oddly, the ceo controls everything and micro manages everyone. management changes frequently and if you are in deliveries customers are often unhappy
Fun work environment, good compensation
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale AZSeptember 9, 2015
It is a good job with the potential for a lot of money to made. The training program is good and will prepare you for the job, and the managers are invested in your success as well.
Pros
High commission
Cons
short breaks overworked leads
promotional agent
Promotional Agent (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 6, 2015
very cool , sometimes difficult to work in. Only had 2 days of training than I was virtually working on my own. You can only work weekends.
Pros
made more than the average
Cons
had extremely low work hours
Friendly Work Place with jumbled managment
Sears appointmemt booker (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 21, 2015
The work place as a whole is a great place to work at but the branches expand too fast leaving the management in a messy state. For more experienced worker ICE is a great place to work at but for newcomers not so much.
Pros
Access to a multitude of conviniences on the worksite such as a gym and access to a nurse department
Cons
Not enough people to manage the expansions of new employees being brought in
Very busy and fast paced environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 17, 2015
I enjoyed the team atmosphere and the team challenges. We were recognized as teams and as individual winners. It was a nice time when we all felt we were making sales and when it was slow we also keep busy learning new programs and incentives.
unprofessional
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2015
Poor training, no SOPs, unsophisticated, unprofessional, and uneducated work environment. No promotion from within. Rules, policies, and procedures change daily.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Bad management
Not worth it
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 5, 2015
This place is the worst job experience I have ever had they are extremely high pressure and the are constantly hiring new employees which makes it harder to meet your quota. In addition in the month I worked there the quota I was told 4 a week when I was hired was changed without notice to 3 a day. They aren't a good employer I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Cons
commute, Expensive cafe, Hard To Move up

International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE) Reviews by Job Title