International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE)

International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE) Employee Reviews

Not the place for me longterm
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 17, 2017
Money potential is good, yet most people do not bonus. Typical day is outbound calling prospective clients and selling some sort of travel package, Most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers
Productive and Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2017
I.C.E. is a very comfortable place to work. The pay and compensation are very rewarding. Management is top of the line and very easy to work with. Truly a professional environment.
Pros
Enless Pay Increse Possibilities
Cons
Schedule Sometimes Not Good
Enjoyed it
TRAVEL AGENT / SALES /CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 5, 2017
Enjoyed working at I.C.E. Was part of a great team. It was fast paced and ever changing. Not much room for advancement, however, I enjoyed that in a commissioned job, my potential earnings are totally up to how much I push myself to become better at my trade.
Pros
Earning Potential
Cons
Ever changing - more training
April 10, 2017

Thank you so much for leaving us your review and feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your career with us and your team. ICE certainly does move quickly as we work to fit the ever changing needs of our members. We appreciate your feedback about needing additional training, and will be taking this into account.

Easy Part time cash
Community Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2017
This job is not for you if you are shy or timid about approaching strangers. You are essentially walking around Sears all day doing so, therefore I feel that if you have any knee issues (Like I did) it may not be the best place for you either.
Pros
not micro-managed.
Cons
On feet all day
April 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. The position does require you to be walking and standing for several hours a day, so we appreciate you helping us to make others aware of this. We wish you the best in your future positions.

Productive Money Oriented
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2017
The hardest part of the job is dealing with change, you have to be adaptable at all time. You will get a lot of rejections but you must be quick on your feet.
Pros
Spiff, free vacations, free prizes, Bonus and commission!
March 27, 2017

Thank you for your great review and feedback. We are glad you are enjoying your position with us and the perks we are happy to be able to offer our employees. Thanks for helping to make ICE a great place to work.

Fantastic company!
Assistant Promotional Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 12, 2017
I've absolutely loved representing this company. But unfortunately the demand for out of town business has increased a great deal in which I am unable to continue working for them: it's been a great experience.. I hate to walk away from. But my family is more important.
March 13, 2017

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for helping us to make ICE a great company to work with.

sears vacations
Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Corporate needs to clam down on there managers investigate , they have to much play with agents pay roll , over promising, under doing , looking our for there personal friends, overturn is high , and they use excuses to get rid of employees , not good I.C.E needs to investigate the north eastern region .Quick before its to late ....... get to the bottom line of there so call policy's that they use against employees ...
Pros
Cons
over promise and dint deliver
This is a minimum wage job. I am still waiting to advance but it had not happened. The leads you have to obtain are difficult the first few weeks.
Direct Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2017
You make min wage. It says that your applying for a good paying job but it's a minimum wage job. I think that it takes 3 months to move into management. So be prepared to make min wage for a while.
February 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. The position you are referring to does state it is base pay plus commission. Many of our employees do enjoy a high compensation based on their commissions. We hope you are enjoying your current position, and want to encourage you to reach out to your supervisor to discuss any concerns.

Number Only
Account Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Great management, fun place to work, Hard Hard sale, but if you sold this you can sell anything. They Dont care about anything but numbers so if you cant sell you wont make it here. the department i was in was brutal and always changing.
Pros
People who worked here
Cons
Policy
February 24, 2017

We appreciate the time you have taken to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not receive the experience you were hoping for with us. We do have high expectations for our sales team members, but also hope we are able to provide everyone the training and support necessary to be successful.

Great work and life balance
Promotional Agent (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 22, 2017
I am working at Sears as a Promotional Agent for the Sears Vacation Club. The management is amazing and very caring! Sales is tough and it's not for everyone.
Pros
Self sufficient
Cons
slow income at first due to commission
February 24, 2017

Thank you so much for leaving us your review! We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your position with us!

Supportive environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Enjoyable work environment. Coaching available to help with new or struggling agent. Daily trainings scheduled to help with sales goals. A typical day at work starts with a motivational meeting of the whole team affording positive accolades to good salespersons sales day. The learning environment was excellent as and trainings were conducted each Monday at beginning of the sales day. Great management staff as well as co-workers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rejection of customers when you know you have a great product that affords excellent benefits to clients. The most enjoyable part is assisting military and governmental employees travel opportunities at highly discounted prices.
Pros
Fast paced environment, great closers
Cons
Non
February 24, 2017

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! We strive to make every employee's experience with us exceptional, and we are so glad to hear you felt that. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Overall good company with advancement opportunities.
Reservation Specialist Sears Vacations (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 30, 2016
Good company with advancement opportunities from entry positions. They're currently growing. Reservations Specialist is base pay plus commission and middle agents usually make extra $350 a week and top producers making $5-600 extra every week.

Company is currently relocating by Talking Stick casino. Existing facility has a gym, cafeteria, ping pong tables, showers, locker room, and basketball hoops. In addition, they have massage tables, a nail parlor, and vendors come in constantly setting up to sell you anything from bagged candy to diamond jewelry.

Now ALL purchases DO come out of your next checks, including cafeteria purchases. I always wondered what company kickback is.
Pros
Gym
February 24, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your time with us.

All amenities and onsite vendors are provided for the convenience and enjoyment of our employees. We hope you find them valuable, as we are proud to be able to offer such goods and services onsite.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave us your feedback!

Love working here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 26, 2016
If your good you will make 100k. If your ok you will make 50. It's a very laid back place to work I really enjoy it. Typical day includes morning meeting then getting to work. We get 2 breaks a day with no lunch.
Pros
Money
Cons
You have to be mentally strong for this job. No lunch
December 15, 2016

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so happy you are enjoying your position with us!

Association of Texas Newspapers - Exciting group
Employee Engagement Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 10, 2016
Preparing for conventions, seminars or legislative changes, TPA was always growing to assist the Texas Newspapers.
TexScan was developed during my time with TPA which added another opportunity to learn and grow.
Pros
Very educational experience
Cons
None, loved the expeirence
Job Summary
Resort Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 2, 2016
• Completion of client reservations with ability of active listening.
• Strong rapport building skills in attempts of negotiation with sales.
• Highly organized using multi-system data entry, scheduling and calculations.
• Strength in clerical duties with accuracy in data entry.
• Extensive detail of product knowledge essential for providing accuracy to members.
September 9, 2016

Thanks for leaving us your review! We appreciate the time you took to leave us your feedback regarding your position with us.

fun
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 16, 2016
Great place to work, and you have the potential to make a lot of money if you're good in sales. They provide great training and you're able to work from home as well.
August 25, 2016

Thanks for leaving us such a great review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us, and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Excellent Company to work for!
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 19, 2016
A typical day would consist of a team meeting in the morning. During this time the managers and director of the department would prepare each team for the days activities. If there were any additional incentives for selling the travel packages, these were address at this time.

The overall atmosphere of the company was one of really good organization, communication and mentoring.

Great team environment. Each day the top performers would give sales tips via email to assist the newer team members with different techniques that they could apply to meet their sales goals.
Pros
Great benefits! Awesome perks!!
July 29, 2016

Thank you for leaving us such a great review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Definitely not for everybody
Promotional agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYJune 29, 2016
At the job interview/orientation they sell you these dreams and calculate all these big numbers that would be appealing to anybody. They tell you that you make all this extra money with commission on top of your 10/hr wage(which is true) but it is very hard to achieve. You have to memorize this bogus script and they expect you to chase people around the store and get them to sign up for a "free vacation"(even when they say no), and hold you responsible for the results. They expect you to get 10 people to sign up within the hour. In reality, when people hear they can win a free 7 day vacation they don't trust it. You would be lucky if you get 5 people! I was scheduled on very slow days, during slow times to make it worst. I worked along side with my trainer who was very cool and down to earth. I preferred working with him because he understood that these tasks expected are not always possible. There were many times we've tried to opt someone who was opted by the other person before, making the job more difficult. Overall, the job benefits only those who are scheduled during the store's busy times, and those who won't mind hearing "no" or "not interested" more than 30 times a day. I'd personally would rather be paid by the hour for something I had control over.
Pros
Good wage, very beneficial if your good
Cons
No breaks, constant pressure, pushy managers, unrealistic standards, poor approach to customers, annoyed the customers
June 30, 2016

We are sorry to hear you did not receive the experience you were hoping for with us. We strive to make our employees time with us fulfilling, but wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

never work here
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale AZJune 11, 2016
they play with your paycheck and switch you from department without your knowledge no training or anything very bad company
June 16, 2016

We are sorry to hear you did not receive the experience you were hoping for with us. We strive to make every employee's experience with us great, and your feedback will help us improve.

STRATEGIC PROJECTS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 13, 2016
International Cruise & Excursions has been a great starting point for my career. The environment was nothing short of amazing and I would recommend the company to anyone!
Pros
Great environment, potential to grow
Cons
I have no complaints
May 18, 2016

Thank you for leaving your review! We strive to make sure our employees are happy and we are so glad to hear you are enjoying your career with us!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE). Our community is ready to answer.

2.9