International Flavors and Fragrances

International Flavors and Fragrances Employee Reviews

well compensated
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJOctober 21, 2017
After suffering a medical problem, I was placed on short term and then long term disability. Then received a letter saying I was no longer employed because they did not know when I would be able to return to work from my disability.
Process Research Investigator (Current Employee) –  Union Beach, NJOctober 9, 2017
It's a good place to work, but it's difficult to advance quickly or at all sometimes. Not the best communication between groups. I always smell nice afterwards though, and they are generally open to new ideas and if it works, aren't opposed to sinking money into a project.
OK workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union Beach, NJSeptember 26, 2017
I worked in the Union Beach location. People are not very friendly. The team I worked with was in it for themselves. Very secretive within their own team.
Not available
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hazlet, NJAugust 7, 2017
IFF is a leading innovator of sensorial experiences that move the world. At the heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking “what if?” That passion for exploration drives us to co-create unique scents and tastes for fine fragrances and beauty, detergents and household goods, and well-loved foods and beverages.
Iff
Perfumery Lab Assistant (Temporary assignment) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed my time at IFF. I learned a lot about the fragrance industry especially since I was fresh out of college and it was a very good learning experience for me to be exposed to the industry before I began working in a lab.
Productive Work
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Union Beach, NJMarch 27, 2017
You were able to keep busy and learn new things working as IFF. The creative side is fascinating. The company was great to work for at the time. However, there are always opportunities in any business.
Pros
Different areas to learn
Cons
Job diversity is scarce
Shipping Operator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NJMarch 4, 2017
Good environment to work, friendly people. Good management that encourages you. Many opportunities to advance. A lot of overtime offered
Pros
free dinner mwf a lot of overtime
Cons
sometimes no break
xx
Sales Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2017
- good work/life balance. Everyone is in early but leaves at a reasonable hour.
- good benefits
- mediocre management
- no company bonding - does not facilitate a warm workplace culture
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Contract position excellent company to work for
Administrative Assistant Medical Department (Former Employee) –  HAZET, NJFebruary 26, 2016
Enjoyed my contract time with IFF through Aerotek. Work was interesting and meeting so many different people in this line of work was pleasant and refreshing. Learned so many things during the course of the day. Highly recommend the agency and the contracted company.
Pros
face paced, friendly people, interesting work, recognition for a job well done.
Productive Workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  57th streetFebruary 4, 2016
Filing Paperwork and organizing thins. answering phone calls and running errands . power points as well as cleaning up for meetings and things of that nature
Great company... Lack of Career Pipeline
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2016
I have been with the company for 6 years. The company is great they offer competitive compensation packages, but there have been some leadership changes over the past few years and there still has not been much progress in a career pipeline.
Case by Case
Consumer Tester (Former Employee) –  Union Beach, NJJanuary 25, 2016
I participate when volunteers are needed.
Tested hair care, skin care, food and houseware products
Gave constructive feedback to help develop marketing ideas
Great company, fast paced environment, innovative thinking
Human Resources - Sr.HR Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hazlet, NJAugust 27, 2015
Great company. Very past paced environment. Need to think fast and be able to multi-task. Passionate employees that are passionate about their work.
Interesting Business
Production Shift Manager/ Process Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2015
Something different every day, which is a good thing. Company has a lot of talented individuals. Excellent pay and benefits.
Excellent R&D Facility to Broaden Horizons
Technical Research Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union Beach, NJJuly 14, 2015
I came to International Flavors and Fragrances (IFF) as a Theoretician (a branch of Physical Chemistry that deals with writing Mathematical Models from fundamental Physics of interaction for the prediction of molecular behavior).

My experience there was quite diverse. My duties ranged from data analysis of metadata aggregates through time for financial points of interest. It also involved taking classes in-house on flavor/fragrance chemistry, and attending meetings in various departments to facilitate innovation. I developed a model for increasing synergy for anti-microbial effects in synthetic accords, and also used my computational skills to demonstrate the ability of commercial products to aid IFF in it's pursuits for prediction.

The R&D campus is a family-like environment. One never knows when they will be asked to join others for lunch at a nearby restaurant. We talk about various aspects such as the greenhouse where head-space of exotic plants are captured, analyzed, and then recreated in labs for perfumes.

I feel I learned a great deal, and I have ambitions to make smoking far less a risk factor through modification to electronic cigarettes. I feel I have true insights that many others do not, or could not have. I believe someone from BIG TOBACCO should reach out to me to discuss.
Pros
Enlightening Discussions, Lunches with Senior Faculty, Inclusive Envronment
Cons
If I had to guess, long hours - but that is not a "con" as such to me.
Excellent
Independent Student Consultant / Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Hazlet, NJJune 17, 2015
Really enjoyed my time working here and learned a lot
The managers are really nice and helpful
Positive outlook for company
Not bad
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Union Beach, NJJune 9, 2015
It is almost impossible to get promoted at this company unless you are one of the chosen few. It is not too bad to work here and the benefits are good.
Benefits
Cons
Promotions and lack of communication between departments.
Innovative and creative work environment
Research Food Technologist (Current Employee) –  Union Beach, NJApril 16, 2015
Constantly evolving and changing working demographic. Opportunities to grow with the right leadership. Pros and cons as in every corporate environment. Must be aggressive in your career advancement.
Very Nice people
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Union Beach, NJApril 15, 2015
A typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Just a job.....
Mechanic/Technician (Current Employee) –  Maint/TechMarch 2, 2015
Need to get more training to get better management and environment, co-worker do not want to work with the team work...
And some time have a hard time do deal with hot spices ....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Flavors and Fragrances. Our community is ready to answer.

International Flavors and Fragrances Reviews by Location