International Flavors and Fragrances

International Flavors and Fragrances Employee Reviews

Interesting Business
Production Shift Manager/ Process Lead (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2015
Something different every day, which is a good thing. Company has a lot of talented individuals. Excellent pay and benefits.
Excellent R&D Facility to Broaden Horizons
Technical Research Program Specialist (Former Employee), Union Beach, NJJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Enlightening Discussions, Lunches with Senior Faculty, Inclusive Envronment
Cons: If I had to guess, long hours - but that is not a "con" as such to me.
I came to International Flavors and Fragrances (IFF) as a Theoretician (a branch of Physical Chemistry that deals with writing Mathematical Models from fundamental Physics of interaction for the prediction of molecular behavior).

My experience there was quite diverse. My duties ranged from data analysis of metadata aggregates through time for financial points of interest. It also involved taking classes in-house on flavor/fragrance chemistry, and attending meetings in various departments to facilitate innovation. I developed a model for increasing synergy for anti-microbial effects in synthetic – more... accords, and also used my computational skills to demonstrate the ability of commercial products to aid IFF in it's pursuits for prediction.

The R&D campus is a family-like environment. One never knows when they will be asked to join others for lunch at a nearby restaurant. We talk about various aspects such as the greenhouse where head-space of exotic plants are captured, analyzed, and then recreated in labs for perfumes.

I feel I learned a great deal, and I have ambitions to make smoking far less a risk factor through modification to electronic cigarettes. I feel I have true insights that many others do not, or could not have. I believe someone from BIG TOBACCO should reach out to me to discuss. – less
Excellent
Independent Student Consultant / Project Lead (Former Employee), Hazlet, NJJune 17, 2015
Really enjoyed my time working here and learned a lot
The managers are really nice and helpful
Positive outlook for company
Not bad
Scientist (Current Employee), Union Beach, NJJune 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Promotions and lack of communication between departments.
It is almost impossible to get promoted at this company unless you are one of the chosen few. It is not too bad to work here and the benefits are good.
Innovative and creative work environment
Research Food Technologist (Current Employee), Union Beach, NJApril 16, 2015
Constantly evolving and changing working demographic. Opportunities to grow with the right leadership. Pros and cons as in every corporate environment. Must be aggressive in your career advancement.
Few good bosses, horrible human resource department, workers are expendable
Warehouse (Former Employee), Dayton, n.j.October 3, 2014
Pros: on site cafeteria, good benefits
Cons: can not use your sick days, they are held against hourly employees.
New Management team is horrible, they hire ex military with no production, or business experience to be bosses, most workers are friendly, but there is a lot of nepotism, and favortism, and some charity cases, (people who just show up for a pay check, and bring nothing to the table, as others are forced to work harder to pick up the slack) Humanless resource department. A lot of tattle tales. Alot of brown nosers.

October 13, 2014

i heard this used to be a good place to work, then i also heard about the x military people being made bosses with out any experience in a manufacturing environment, does not make sense, they must get good government kick backs.

Easy going office
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Hazlet, NJJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: healthcare
The day mostly consisted of entering information into the systems. Some days were slower than others. I had great co-workers and supervisors. They were always very helpful. The hardest part of the job was changing currency to pay vendors or truck drivers, ex: from American dollars to Euros. The best part of the job was that everyone was always helpful. I went into this position not knowing anything about accounting. I learned the basics, which were auditing, spreadsheets, etc.
Awesome place to work
Senior Chemist (Former Employee), Union Beach, NJJune 18, 2014
Pros: people and job was great.
People and job are awesome. Would recommend to everyone.
Felt at home here. People were encouraging.
IFF is an exceptional company to work for. They have outstanding benefits and their pay is way above average.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJune 15, 2013
Pros: travel, great food and friendly co-workers
My job as a Sales Coordinator was very busy from start to finish, which made the day fly by. I dealt with Sales agents and customers in all aspects that supported sales growth. I was moved up the chain quickly according to the good job I did. I felt I was very appreciated by the management and worked mostly on my own with very little supervision required. It was all fun but the travel involved with sales was awesome. I was able to travel to many different states and stay at great hotels and eat at terrific restaurants! I recently moved from Dallas to Chandler, but if I had not moved I would still be working for them.
N/A
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 1, 2013
• Work closely with Board of Directors
• Provide general support to the CEO and Operating Committee
• Document preparation for mailing
• Confidential records management
• Agenda preparation
• Food and beverage management
• Event planning and cost tracking
• Handle onsite/offsite logistical services
• Support Executive Assistants with additional projects
fun place to work
Microbiologist (Former Employee), Dayton, NJNovember 5, 2012
loved my job
learned new things and techniques
worked with good people
Hours were great
great work place with a comfortable atmosphere
Shipper / Production Planner (Former Employee), Hazlet, NJSeptember 18, 2012
Plenty of work to keep the day going. Its never a dull time there, also everyone is helpful and was able to help train other new trainees. Management was helpful and flexible with work and sick time. I wouldn't say the job was that difficult but i like to say challenging. I got certified for few jobs in the department which would be helpful. The best thing about the job was the employees, everyone was friendly team players.
Godawful politics, zero ethics, distorted values
Staff member (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2012
Hardest part of working here are the politics and abnormal focus on physical appearance. You will succeed if you have any of the following traits:

- French
- good looking/trendy clothing
- functioning at 50% brain capacity
- male
- you run on EGO
- selfish and don't care who you step on to get to the next rung on the proverbial ladder

- some of the coworkers are nice people, but the machine is so much larger it diminishes the positive parts
Great Temp Job!
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee), Hazlet,NJMay 18, 2012
Great temp position promised a full time position and it never happened
Innovative
(IFF) NY Corporate Offices - HR Assistant (Former Employee), Red Bank, NJMarch 13, 2012
Pros: corporate structure
Global development is essential in this organization. The opportunity to network within its corporate structure is unmeasurable.