International Game Technology Employee Reviews

Not what it used to be
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 19, 2016
IGT is not really IGT anymore. International Game Technology was acquired by GTECH (which was previously acquired by a company in Italy). The 'new' IGT, is but a shell of a formerly great company.

When I relocated to Reno, new friends said that IGT was the place to work. Great company, best benefits, really dedicated to the Reno community. NEO's that lived locally and really cared about the employees.

The only thing that hasn't changed about that statement is the company name. GTECH/ Spielo might be able to continue to use IGT's reputation for creating innovative gaming machines in the gaming world, but as far as it being an employer of choice in our community, well, that ship has sailed. (I believe to Italy).
Pros
Great employees - used to have awesome local Sr. Management
Cons
Decisions made in RI and Italy - employees now just a number
Compensation and Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 27, 2017
IGT was the second HR job I landed after college. I was hired for my experience in compensation and benefits but was also involved in a variety of new corporate initiatives.

The company has just gone public and hired several high profile executives to drive production and expand its marketplace.

Management encouraged our staff to learn about internal workings of the company from manufacturing to marketing. It was an exciting time with Megabucks going online and new gaming technology being introduced.
Pros
Fun and exciting place to work.
Cons
Low paying salaries made it difficult to get ahead
Good workplace, though compensation and advancement opportunities may not be most desirable
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 18, 2016
Good place to work and first real full time job, however the company has become very political and bureaucratic making career advancements difficult. Management depends on the group you work in. May involve a significant amount of traveling and offers job opportunities across the world.
Poor Culture
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2016
The culture is not employee focused. Although you are not required to work a lot of overtime, your time spent there is very draining. Upper management often sets unrealistic expectations.
Good Company, but Political and Bureaucratic
Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2016
I've been with the company for 8 years. I've worked with 2 other companies that are in the exact same business, and can't say any grass is particularly greener.

IGT is a great company to establish a long-term career. As an individual contributor, there is a great deal of reward in the work that is accomplished and the contributions to the company's success. As a Manager in the company, greater challenges present themselves in regards to interdepartmental efforts and cross-functional initiatives.

Benefits and amenities are great. No complaints.
Pros
Gym, Cafeteria, Benefits
Cons
Departmental Silos
Great place to start your career
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 28, 2016
Overall I would say IGT is a excellent employer, early in your career if you're tech or logistics. I learned so much from networking (routing and switching), infrastructure builds and technical writing.
Pros
Great team; Cafeteria on site; Work life balance
Cons
Compensation is on the low side of the market
Learning and Fun Experience
Software Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2016
Good Work Life Balance. Policies are Employee Focused.
Good Learning Experience. Regular events are conducted for employee engagement. Excellent Management.
Not recommended. Constant layoffs and poor corporate culture and management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 15, 2016
Used to be an incredible place to work. However, in the last 5 years IGT has become a very oppressive place to be due to constant layoffs and poor management. No job security with a "do more with less" mentality. Management is very poor as there is no direction or career paths. IGT is no longer a place that values it's employees. Benefits have decreased and bonuses are no longer given.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Very poor management and corporate culture.
Hired to clear out backlogged tickets
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  West Greenwich, RINovember 1, 2016
Hired to clear out backlogged tickets. Not much room for growth, otherwise. I learned about easyVista. Got along well with coworkers. Respectful management.
One of the best places I have had the pleasure of working for.
Product Compliance Rep II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2016
IGT was one of the best places I had the pleasure of working for. They were friendly and easy to work for. They accommodated me when I had to balance my work and family life and gave me a shift that was flexible. I was given the opportunity to advance in the company 2 x's within a short amount of time. They even paid for me to take classes to go toward a degree in the field that I was working in. I also enjoyed 2 bonuses a year that amounted to about 2 1/2 paychecks which was awesome! I would definitely recommend this company to anyone interested in working for a great company that offers opportunities for advancement and stability.
Pros
Opportunities for growth and the bonuses were some of my favorites.
Cons
Cannot think of one.
comfortable casual work environment friendly staff throughout company
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 23, 2016
No two days ever the same, you learned to roll with what the day brings.
Listen, watch and learn to absorb new knowledge others have to offer.
Offer management new ideas that can improve work environment. Always be ready to lend a hand to your co-workers with a positive attitude.
Sometimes trying to juggle and prioritize task, especially those last minute request can be tough.
That sense of accomplishment at the end of the work day/week. makes the job all worth it.
Pros
Company wide events
Cons
Insurance cost/ benefits decline
Good place for advancement and growth opportunities
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 24, 2016
Great team building company. Plenty of opportunities for growth and also provided a manufacturing degree out of TMCC. A few managers tend to micro-manage but overall a good company and good benefits
Pros
Room for advancement and positive work enviornment
Cons
Economy based industry and job security depends on economy fluxuation
Great Salary for a Luke Warm Company
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 5, 2014
There are very few people at this company that are worked to death. Most are underworked and overpaid. What's lacking is that sense that your job matters or makes a difference in anyway. IGT is big, old, and slow and apparently in its old age has also become deaf to innovation, although that's what management says they strive toward. Management seems to be made up of the CEO's super friends rather than experienced qualified individuals.

Yet my job isn't hard, my paycheck is good, and my benefits are fair. It's great, other than the meaninglessness... plus there are some pretty frequent layoffs. I think this company has a lot of potential but will never realize it.
Pros
good pay, relaxed work environment, friendly coworkers
Cons
low job security and enthusiasm
From the start, the culture shocked me
PR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas/ RenoFebruary 9, 2016
A leader in the industry had the worst company culture anyone could imagine! From the day I first started working, I knew something was not right!
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Lots of Changes
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2016
Lots of changes over the past 6 years. Many employees have been downsized. Communication isn't always the best, but management says they're working on it.
Changes happening daily
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 21, 2016
IGT was a great place to work. It offers some amazing benefits like a gym, cafe, 401K, Health Insurance, and Paid Time Off. The company was bought out by another larger company, and many changes are taking place.
Pros
Free Gym, Cafeteria on Site
Cons
Expensive Insurance, Little Room for Growth
Mostly very good co-workers with too many dreadful managers
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 29, 2014
The main workers are good at their jobs, but they are always under threat of the next layoff, which has been regular for the last few years. Much of management, including upper management, are not smart enough to be effective nor understand the technologies that they make important decisions about. Management does as little as possible to avoid advertising their ineffectiveness while they emit useless verbiage when forced to. It seems that some of upper management fear being out-done by subordinate managers, and so the ineffective managers have job security. Hopefully Gtech will recognize this overpaid dead weight and finally rid the company of this major barrier that has been holding them back.
Pros
Good pay for Reno and good co-workers
Cons
Poor Management
Finance Department is a great place
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 22, 2013
My colleagues and direct management make this a great place to work. I have been at IGT for 10 years, and have seen the work-placing rating slip, especially for us "old-timers". Whereas the benefits and salary used to be Excellent, they are merely now Average. All in all, thankful for the job I have and still look forward to work most days.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Uncertainty, advancement opportunities
Detail-oriented and individual contributor in a stifled environment
Affirmative Action Officer/Immigration (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 16, 2013
Typical day includes meeting with foreign national employees to prepare petitions and applications to obtain work authorization. On-going development of corporate affirmative action plan. Position was as an individual contributor with minimal interaction with co-workers limited to obtaining relevant information to support client-employees. Worked closely with outside counsel and internal executive management. Co-workers were team-based groups assigned to specific areas of HR. Hardest part of the job was remaining neutral in a competitive work environment. Most enjoyable part of the job was making it possible for foreign nationals to have the right to live and work in the U.S.
Pros
Meeting with employees and learning about global cultures
Cons
Recognition as part of a team and limited managerial support
IGT was a great place to work.
IGT Casino Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2014
I worked Casino Services Field Support from Las Vegas and travel throughout the United States and Manitoba, Canada performing Casino Openings, Casino Expansion Projects, Player Tracking Installations, and Game removals. The typical work day in Las Vegas depended on what department that I was assigned to the prior day. The departments usually were Installs, Special Projects, and QCT. I learned over the years that team work and respect for customers, are essential to success of vendor technicians. My co-workers were among the best of the Gaming Industry. I thought the hardest part of my job was completing all of the various licensing requirements for all of the jurisdictions that I worked. I thought the most enjoyable part was coming home after being on the road from one month to four months of working away from Las Vegas.
Pros
The company was generous to employees and very good benefits.
Cons
The company changed with time and new management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Game Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3