International Game Technology

International Game Technology Employer Reviews

best and worst
Casino Services Technician (Former Employee), Reno, NVMay 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: planning & sales
best company that i've worked for in the private sector; however, lower echelon management does not seem to be integrated well within the company demeanor.
Ability to manage different types of responsibilities with little supervision.
Accountant/Project Manager (Former Employee), Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234April 17, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: leadership
The workplace environment was pleasant, continued to interact with gaming regulators and the casino operators. Minimal supervision but not required. I have a great work ethnic and and have the ability to multi task while continuing to provide quality of work. Great interpersonal and customer service skills.
Lost respect of the market and it's workers
Market Manager AZ (Former Employee), Tempe AZApril 11, 2014
Pros: market leader
Cons: no commitment to employees
I like most people was very excited to join this company 6 years ago. It took care of it's people as well as it's customers. As the case with a lot of market leaders IGT relaxed in it glory years. The surrounding competitors became more and more innovative. In short IGT lost it's completive edge. When I married into this company after retiring form – more... the US Navy I felt I made a great choice. This was a very stable company that had long term employees. The company treat the people very well, cash sharing, holiday parties etc to show the hard worker they cared. As the world market took a hit upper management decided to reduce forces change CEO and upper management staff. In my option this was the start of some not so well thought out business move to save money. I am a firm believer in getting input form the process owner. At the 50,000 mile view we can't make sound decision to adjust a process the we just don't know. As a market manager I was never once asked my option on how I would improve my market to save overhead cost. If I would have been asked, I would have recommended, a work from home staff. The building in this market was not needed. The cost of maintaining the building is not needed. The Tech sent less than 2% of there time in the building and the admin could have a much better work life balance working from home. Techs are leaving for other jobs due to lack of trust in company and job security. – less
Productive, Very busy
Process Administrator III (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch or potlucks monthly
Really liked working for IGT. People are very nice and professional.
Work was very busy and productive. I really enjoyed coming to work.
IGT
manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 9, 2014
Company started out great and was a fantastic place to work until about 5 years ago. Now it is a company with low morale, poor culture, poor management not being held accountable, and very little regard for it's employees. Low wages are supplemented by worthless stock offerings. Not given tools to complete jobs.
A great place to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: company is struggling the slot machine market share.
Provided work and life balance for employee.
Worked with skilled peer.
Well-organized company.
Productive & fun work environment.
Sub-dis-assembler (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2014
Sub-dis-assemble gaming slot machines. Keeping up with "S" Five standards. Needs work on leadership. Great co-workers to work with. Hardest part of the job memorizing electronic parts and looking for defective cosmetics. The most enjoyable part about the job is the fast pace of the assembly line.
Great Salary for a Luke Warm Company
anonymous (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good pay, relaxed work environment, friendly coworkers
Cons: low job security and enthusiasm
There are very few people at this company that are worked to death. Most are underworked and overpaid. What's lacking is that sense that your job matters or makes a difference in anyway. IGT is big, old, and slow and apparently in its old age has also become deaf to innovation, although that's what management says they strive toward. Management seems – more... to be made up of the CEO's super friends rather than experienced qualified individuals.

Yet my job isn't hard, my paycheck is good, and my benefits are fair. It's great, other than the meaninglessness... plus there are some pretty frequent layoffs. I think this company has a lot of potential but will never realize it. – less
Slow pace, poor communication
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: large break area, one hour breaks, gym on site
Cons: poor communication, poor training
There was no time type of time card system. At the end of every week I would write down my hours on a piece of paper and give it to my manager. Learning how a typical day would go was a little difficult due to poor training. It was as if I was expected to know exactly how things worked prior to starting my job there. This was also the case with the – more... employees, most would give vague answers and demonstrations on how to do a particular task. Although, the work environment was difficult to decipher at the beginning, it came with time and my ability to work efficiently followed shortly after. – less
Las Vegas Manufacturing is very different
Production Associate (Former Employee), Las VegasDecember 20, 2013
Pros: igt great company
Cons: las vegas manufacturing
Las Vegas Manufacturing is very different than other areas of IGT. The morale is in the gutter due to poor leadership from the director on down. Managers walk around the production floor and ignore everyone except a couple of favorites. The supervisors are never seen and the PC manager speaks to no one. Very cold vibe and emotionally cold place to work. – more... IGT is a great company but again LVM is very poorly ran. – less
Great Company to work for
Coordinator (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 5, 2013
Pros: secure job
Cons: not much promotion.
Worked in the call center. Lots of stress and very busy days with long and odd hours. Very detailed work and you are held accountable.
Detail-oriented and individual contributor in a stifled environment
Affirmative Action Officer/Immigration (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 16, 2013
Pros: meeting with employees and learning about global cultures
Cons: recognition as part of a team and limited managerial support
Typical day includes meeting with foreign national employees to prepare petitions and applications to obtain work authorization. On-going development of corporate affirmative action plan. Position was as an individual contributor with minimal interaction with co-workers limited to obtaining relevant information to support client-employees. Worked closely – more... with outside counsel and internal executive management. Co-workers were team-based groups assigned to specific areas of HR. Hardest part of the job was remaining neutral in a competitive work environment. Most enjoyable part of the job was making it possible for foreign nationals to have the right to live and work in the U.S. – less
No room for error
Game Programmer (Current Employee), Reno NevadaNovember 16, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: no tollerance for error based on federal regulations, stressful.
This job is quite difficult because its industry is regulated with little to no room for error. A small mistake could cost the company millions because there is no such thing as patches. Often told no mistakes will be allowed with creates a very difficuly and stressful environment and I just don't want to live and work felling this way.
Great and exciting place.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 6, 2013
When i first walked into igt it looked really hard, but honestly after the first day i caught on to everything and the rest of the time i worked there it was easy.
High Pressure Business Model
Production Artist II (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 5, 2013
Because I was laid off I don't feel like I can be objective reviewing IGT.
Finance Department is a great place
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Reno, NVAugust 22, 2013
Pros: fun place
Cons: uncertainty, advancement opportunities
My colleagues and direct management make this a great place to work. I have been at IGT for 10 years, and have seen the work-placing rating slip, especially for us "old-timers". Whereas the benefits and salary used to be Excellent, they are merely now Average. All in all, thankful for the job I have and still look forward to work most days.
Great enviornment and team
Product Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Reno, NVAugust 8, 2013
Pros: free game and lots of activities
Cons: no cons :)
- Working on different-2 types of games.
- Good enviornment and team
Operations Coordinator I, IGT (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 30, 2013
Pros: great enviroment.
Cons: none.
I loved work in this Company every day was and awesome day
I really used to enjoy worked there in general.
Awesome place to work in Reno
Corporate Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Reno, NVJuly 26, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: i want to live in wyoming!
I have worked here since 1991 and I love my job. I wish I could lift the whole company up and move it to Wyoming, where I really want to live.
Getting Better
Support Center Manager (Current Employee), Reno, NVMay 28, 2013
Good company, fair benefits, getting better. A lot of companies struggled for a long time, and many had to take away perks, as did IGT. Starting to get some back, which is nice to see.