International Game Technology Employee Reviews

No complaints, just time for a change
Regional Financial Manager, Western Region Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2018
Sometimes you just have to move on. Careers Ebb and Flow. Experiences and challenges wear themselves out. Friends are made, friends are lost, people come and go. And that's life.
Good work life balance
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 31, 2017
Flexible with family, benefits expensive, 401k not that great. Upper level management not really present and no communication to employees. Co-workers good to work with
Fun, active company
ACCOUNT MANAGER - (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 28, 2017
Great co-workers, excellent brand name recognition, good benefits and nice work environment. Although international in nature, very US product-focused
Pros
Fairly good products, brand recognition
Cons
Management turnover
Poor management
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 13, 2017
The daily work is easy. Not busy most of the time, but can get hectic with large projects. Most of the time you are working remotely so have little to no contact with a supervisor or manager.
There is no opportunity to advance. The local manager does not appreciate anyone with their own thoughts and ideas. Will publically belittle anyone he doesn't like. If you are not one of his groupies, there is no recognition for your efforts. Hard work goes unnoticed while incompetence gets rewarded.
Cons
Bad attitude from management
Excellent Company
Corporate Safety Trainer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 12, 2017
I worked here for 17 years, from private to public to stock options. This was a very exciting time in my advancing career to be part of this business.
Pros
Great to their employees
Constant changes
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 7, 2017
Decent place to work but there are constant changes. The company is trying to reduce cost since it was acquired by another company a couple of years ago.
Awesome company every qualified candidate should work for!
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2017
This is one of the best company I worked for. Great team and caring management and each opportunities for career advancement posted on HR website for any type of promotion and heads-up within the department as well. Great training and resources for career growth. Management notices your hard work and appreciate your contribution to the department.
Pros
Best corporate training and corporate procedure/practice improvement yearly, strategic measurement to your performance
Great Company
Engineer Software Product Assurance II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2017
Great Company to work for. I was fully committed to the Company's culture and vison. While my employment there was short I enjoyed everyday. I have nothing but good memories working at IGT.
Pros
Company vision and culture
Great Place To Be
Software Engineer (Game Programmer) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2017
Fantastic place to work. Just be yourself, and do what you do best. Everyone you meet has a positive attitude and is more than happy to drop what they are doing and give a hand to anyone who needs it.
Pros
You work with the best people in the Industry.
Cons
The work is so fun you forget it's time to go home.
Loved working there and making new slot machines
Production - Manufacture Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 4, 2017
Was in Silkscreen Department, used many machines to make new designs and glass ware foe the slot machines. Used Hot and Cold laminators and then got glass ready for wherehouse storage.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Ecomony hit hard for company
Industry leader at the time
Associate Counsel II Intellectual Property (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 31, 2017
Smart and intelligent people to work with on a daily basis. Because of the company's position within the industry employees were often seen as leaders within their peer group.
The People Make IGT
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 25, 2017
The employees at IGT are what makes this place a family work environment. Unfortunately, over the past few years managements focus has changed from career development and advancement of existing dedicated loyal employees to outside hiring of the majority of open positions creating an environment of limited development and advancement options. The experience that can be gained from working at IGT is phenomenal and there is always a challenge, there is always continual change, which is wonderful. Everyday I learn something new and create and/or strengthen the remarkable work relationships that I have built over the past two decades. I will forever be grateful for the amazing opportunities that I have been given and know this experience will only make me a stronger asset to the next opportunity that I am fortunate to accept.
Pros
Wonderful Employees, Constantly Changing Environment, New Challenges, Wonderful Cafeteria, Amazing Internal Emergency Medical Response Team
Cons
Limited Career Development and Advancement, Unable to Fill Much Needed Job Req's
Decent place to work
RESEARCH ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2017
This company is about what you would expect from a slot machine company. Very market driven. The work environment seemed to be decent. I would recommend them.
Exciting, friendly and enjoyable people, tasks and assignments
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 13, 2017
Our team was most exciting to work with, everyone worked hard, we accomplished tasks and assignments timely, enjoyed working independently as well, great location!
Pros
Great Company
Some good and bad
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 27, 2017
There are some good and bad things about IGT. It has a good work-life balance and the employees are very supportive of each other. Management can be disconnected though and the exposure and visibility to company objectives have gotten worse over time. It could be they are still trying to determine those overall objectives.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
transparency, no more bonus
Igt
Systems Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMarch 14, 2017
Typical manufacturer job - it department - expect lots of hours, good training for IT folks -- still an "old boys" network which is unfortunate. Hired last first to go
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 16, 2017
I worked as a programmer at IGT, making the user interfaces for slot machines function on desktop and mobile.

The workplace as super laid back. Everyone was extremely friendly. Work life balance was great. There were lots of opportunities for growth.
Pros
Nice office, Great staff, good work life balance, good benefits
Cons
work was a bit redundant, not always the best hardware to work on.
Compensation and Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 27, 2017
IGT was the second HR job I landed after college. I was hired for my experience in compensation and benefits but was also involved in a variety of new corporate initiatives.

The company has just gone public and hired several high profile executives to drive production and expand its marketplace.

Management encouraged our staff to learn about internal workings of the company from manufacturing to marketing. It was an exciting time with Megabucks going online and new gaming technology being introduced.
Pros
Fun and exciting place to work.
Cons
Low paying salaries made it difficult to get ahead
Not what it used to be
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 19, 2016
IGT is not really IGT anymore. International Game Technology was acquired by GTECH (which was previously acquired by a company in Italy). The 'new' IGT, is but a shell of a formerly great company.

When I relocated to Reno, new friends said that IGT was the place to work. Great company, best benefits, really dedicated to the Reno community. NEO's that lived locally and really cared about the employees.

The only thing that hasn't changed about that statement is the company name. GTECH/ Spielo might be able to continue to use IGT's reputation for creating innovative gaming machines in the gaming world, but as far as it being an employer of choice in our community, well, that ship has sailed. (I believe to Italy).
Pros
Great employees - used to have awesome local Sr. Management
Cons
Decisions made in RI and Italy - employees now just a number
Hired to clear out backlogged tickets
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  West Greenwich, RINovember 1, 2016
Hired to clear out backlogged tickets. Not much room for growth, otherwise. I learned about easyVista. Got along well with coworkers. Respectful management.