International Game Technology

International Game Technology Employer Reviews

enjoyed working there for 18 yrs
Material Handler III (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 23, 2015
over 18 years my job changed several times and I enjoyed all the positions I held. I felt challenged and was very happy with the company. I would still be there had they not closed there Las Vegas plant.
Exciting and Challenging Work Atmosphere
Executive Assistant to the CEO (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2015
IGT is a fun, fast placed exciting world of casino gaming. New products and games are being created all of the time. The Executive Management team, including the CEO, are great to work with. Everyone's opinion is valued. I loved meeting new people, seeing new technology and seeing the world of casino gaming in real time!
Gtech Acquisition Uncertainty
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 16, 2015
The upcoming Gtech/IGT merger has a lot of employees uncertain about their future roles and the direction of the company.
Good Job
Mechanical Engineer III (Current Employee), Reno, NvJanuary 19, 2015
-Good Job
-Casino Gaming
-Variety of games
-Online gaming
-Work life balance
Great place to work. Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Software Development Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 7, 2015
My typical work day was to monitor current project activities and assist employees and customers in any way to complete their jobs. As projects were completed, myself and project team members received job satisfaction when you were able to meet a customer's needs and create confidence within them that they could come back anytime with a problem and know they would get a solution for their problem.
Choose your own adventure
Production Lead (Former Employee), Reno NVDecember 17, 2014
Pros: internal advancement, great leaders
Cons: lay offs
I started at IGT as a high school drop out with few skills. I left as a full time college student with 4 years of leadership experience and a new idea of my own potential. I learned about production and quality control, people management and much more.
Always learning
Game Assessment Analyst II and other positions (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 20, 2014
Working here was a very rewarding experience.
I gained vast knowledge of not only the business but also my background in electronics.
I enjoyed my co-workers and the management.
IGT was a great place to work.
IGT Casino Service Technician II (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2014
Pros: the company was generous to employees and very good benefits.
Cons: the company changed with time and new management.
I worked Casino Services Field Support from Las Vegas and travel throughout the United States and Manitoba, Canada performing Casino Openings, Casino Expansion Projects, Player Tracking Installations, and Game removals. The typical work day in Las Vegas depended on what department that I was assigned to the prior day. The departments usually were Installs, Special Projects, and QCT. I learned over the years that team work and respect for customers, are essential to success of vendor technicians. My co-workers were among the best of the Gaming Industry. I thought the hardest part of my job was completing all of the various licensing requirements for all of the jurisdictions that I worked. I thought the most enjoyable part was coming home after being on the road from one month to four months of working away from Las Vegas.
Corporate environment with some good employees
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 9, 2014
Pros: advancement supported by immediate management
Cons: corporate mentality took over with focus on upper managment
Took job hoping to work until retirement.
First 3 years good management teams, supportive work environment. challenging projects.
Last year massive management turnover, no leadership or employee support.
Productive and fun play to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: getting laid off
The most enjoyable part of the job is when we had parts for any holiday or just because.
Mostly very good co-workers with too many dreadful managers
Engineer (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good pay for reno and good co-workers
Cons: poor management
The main workers are good at their jobs, but they are always under threat of the next layoff, which has been regular for the last few years. Much of management, including upper management, are not smart enough to be effective nor understand the technologies that they make important decisions about. Management does as little as possible to avoid advertising their ineffectiveness while they emit useless verbiage when forced to. It seems that some of upper management fear being out-done by subordinate managers, and so the ineffective managers have job security. Hopefully Gtech will recognize this overpaid dead weight and finally rid the company of this major barrier that has been holding them back.
Good Internship
Intern (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2014
Great experience, learned a lot, met some great people, good stepping stone
best and worst
Casino Services Technician (Former Employee), Reno, NVMay 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: planning & sales
best company that i've worked for in the private sector; however, lower echelon management does not seem to be integrated well within the company demeanor.
Ability to manage different types of responsibilities with little supervision.
Accountant/Project Manager (Former Employee), Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234April 17, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: leadership
The workplace environment was pleasant, continued to interact with gaming regulators and the casino operators. Minimal supervision but not required. I have a great work ethnic and and have the ability to multi task while continuing to provide quality of work. Great interpersonal and customer service skills.
Lost respect of the market and it's workers
Market Manager AZ (Former Employee), Tempe AZApril 11, 2014
Pros: market leader
Cons: no commitment to employees
I like most people was very excited to join this company 6 years ago. It took care of it's people as well as it's customers. As the case with a lot of market leaders IGT relaxed in it glory years. The surrounding competitors became more and more innovative. In short IGT lost it's completive edge. When I married into this company after retiring form the US Navy I felt I made a great choice. This was a very stable company that had long term employees. The company treat the people very well, cash sharing, holiday parties etc to show the hard worker they cared. As the world market took a hit upper management decided to reduce forces change CEO and upper management staff. In my option this was the start of some not so well thought out business move to save money. I am a firm believer in getting input form the process owner. At the 50,000 mile view we can't make sound decision to adjust a process the we just don't know. As a market manager I was never once asked my option on how I would improve my market to save overhead cost. If I would have been asked, I would have recommended, a work from home staff. The building in this market was not needed. The cost of maintaining the building is not needed. The Tech sent less than 2% of there time in the building and the admin could have a much better work life balance working from home. Techs are leaving for other jobs due to lack of trust in company and job security.
Productive, Very busy
Process Administrator III (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch or potlucks monthly
Really liked working for IGT. People are very nice and professional.
Work was very busy and productive. I really enjoyed coming to work.
IGT
manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 9, 2014
Company started out great and was a fantastic place to work until about 5 years ago. Now it is a company with low morale, poor culture, poor management not being held accountable, and very little regard for it's employees. Low wages are supplemented by worthless stock offerings. Not given tools to complete jobs.
A great place to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: company is struggling the slot machine market share.
Provided work and life balance for employee.
Worked with skilled peer.
Well-organized company.
Productive & fun work environment.
Sub-dis-assembler (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2014
Sub-dis-assemble gaming slot machines. Keeping up with "S" Five standards. Needs work on leadership. Great co-workers to work with. Hardest part of the job memorizing electronic parts and looking for defective cosmetics. The most enjoyable part about the job is the fast pace of the assembly line.
Great Salary for a Luke Warm Company
anonymous (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good pay, relaxed work environment, friendly coworkers
Cons: low job security and enthusiasm
There are very few people at this company that are worked to death. Most are underworked and overpaid. What's lacking is that sense that your job matters or makes a difference in anyway. IGT is big, old, and slow and apparently in its old age has also become deaf to innovation, although that's what management says they strive toward. Management seems to be made up of the CEO's super friends rather than experienced qualified individuals.

Yet my job isn't hard, my paycheck is good, and my benefits are fair. It's great, other than the meaninglessness... plus there are some pretty frequent layoffs. I think this company has a lot of potential but will never realize it.

1 2 3