International Justice Mission Employee Reviews

Excellent
Senior Payroll Consultant/Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 10, 2017
Love working with IJM. excellent company to work for.lots of work-life balance. Leadership was awesome.love my manager. CEO is excellent guy. Pay is ok
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive and training work place full of new challenges
Human Resource/ Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  International Justice Mission UgandaMay 25, 2017
We did have a lot of play time to bond and build teamwork.
Some was in house and other was out door.
It helped a lot to know people's temperaments and characters, resilience and patience.
Games also helped burn off stress and build new energies.
Pros
Yes, we did have free lunches and retreats paid for by the organization
Cons
Breaks were respected, granted when required
Chapter
Evangelism Leader (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 13, 2017
I worked as a chapter leader for IJM. I felt that college leaders should be more in touch with someone from corporate for better communication and general guidelines.
Great place
Senior Payroll Consultant/Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2017
Great company. I loved being a part of this company mission statement. Great work environment with work life balance. Leaders are awesome and very supportive of the employees.
Pros
Prayer daily
Cons
Great work environment
A place with a heart
Change Management & Training Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 1, 2017
If you like snacks, you will like IJM. Almost every meeting offers a snack. In fact, in some meetings it is required. And birthdays are celebrate with cakes and treats.

The culture is uber Christian which is mostly good in that you can safely leave a wallet on the desk, people are generally very friendly, and there is a lot of grace given for mistakes and life situations.

A very well educated staff who have accomplished many things - from internships in Africa to being a pastor to having a PHD, etc. It would be intimidating if everyone weren't so nice.
Pros
Great mission with dedicated staff
Cons
Culture divide between the management and new hires
Healthy Workplace
Mobilization Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 29, 2015
Overall, it was an incredible opportunity to work at International Justice Mission (IJM). It was an honor to serve alongside my colleagues in the mission to rescue thousands, protect millions, and prove that justice for the poor is possible. My time at IJM was limited due to serving through a contract with temporary status.
Ijm
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 26, 2015
+Outstanding people to work with.
+Best CEO I've ever had.
-Needs more buy in and will come with time.
-Non profits usually only pay 70 percent of a for profit.
Life Changing Experience
Human Rights Intern/Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2014
My work here changed the course of my life. The mission of IJM is truly incredible. It was a great honor to work with an incredibly talented team to provide legal assistance for the poor in developing nations.
Fun summer job
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2013
Working at the Children's Museum was such a fun summer job. All the counselors were wonderful and it was a joy to work with children. The days could be long, but the smiles and hugs made it all worth it.
Organized and focused, but fun work environment
Temporary Advocacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 10, 2013
My days consisted of scheduling Congressional meetings, updating the registration list for the Advocacy Summit, following up with staff regarding written material needed for Summit publications, and managing volunteers
Regid
Director of Church Mobilization, California (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 20, 2012
Worked from Home, Lots a data management
Lots of email communication and follow up expectations
A continuing expanding job description
Very Demanding
Pros
lots of freedom
Cons
vage job description and very little support