International Medical Corps

International Medical Corps Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Senior International Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 4, 2014
Still employed by them. I have been lucky to work with IMC for over 7 years.
Challenges Abound
Program (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 28, 2014
Challenging environment. Great cause. Need for new spirit and staff at the highest levels.
All my former employers were very good to me and i enjoyed working with them.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Hai-Melekia, Juba City South SudanAugust 26, 2014
International Medical Corps (I.M.C) was a very good environment for every employee, And i really enjoyed working with during my Two year tenure with them.
International Medical Corp is a non profit humanitarian organisation that provided equal opportunities for all. It is a very good employer.
Emergency Medical Coordinator (Current Employee), Maban, upper Nile State. South sudanJuly 4, 2014
Pros: living allowance, free accomodation and transport, harship differential
My day starts with morning security briefing, dispatch of teams to the field to work in the clinics in the refugee camps.Follow up with the logistic and finance teams on issues affecting the staff and the clinic functions. Attend partners health/ camp coordination meetings. supervision visits to the health facility. On job training and mentoring of staff.Check registers and referral notes and make recommendation as necessary.
I have learnt a lot on diseases surveillance, disease prevention through community awareness activities as well as vaccination programs.
In my current place of work I am part of the senior management and hence the decision making body for our activities on the field. We work as a team and have meetings to plan our activities and report on progress. There is an open house policy which gives each one the opportunity to freely interact and ask for guidance as and when needed.
The hardest part of the job is the limitations in resources, both human and material. But we are making the best out the situation we find ourselves.
The most enjoyable part is the small victories, like opening the new maternity wing and having deliveries done at the health facilities rather than referring them to the hospital. Doing vaccination campaigns, Nutrition food distribution session.
Roving Mental Health and Psychosocial Officer (Current Employee), RovingNovember 26, 2013
An Ideal organization to help a motivated professional grow in the humanitarian field. I have been working with IMC for 7 years now, and it has been a remarkable experience, where I have worked in various emergencies and have learned so much from my supervisors, colleagues, and where I have been privileged in making real friends. It is with IMC that I found my true calling for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support.
Productivity and sucesses
Medical Coordinator (Former Employee), tSouth Central Somalia, East AfricaOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free internet service and staff welfare
Cons: staff benefits
The work was very tedious and was dispensed in hash environment; Iearned from the staff and from my mistakes on human management and learned how to be culture sensitive;

My co-workers were cooperative and supportive, and the hardest part of the job was the solving of problems related to water points among community residents;

The most enjoyable part were project review and annual leave. During these activities, the challenges and successes were identified and strategies were designed to help improve on future projects. It was the time to enjoy life after work with family and friends;
good place to gain leadership skills
(IMC) as an emergency healthcare nurse (Former Employee), dadaab refugee campJuly 17, 2013
the work was very demanding involving very critical decision to be made. the hardest part was the insecurity in the area. this was dealing with refugees.
Fun workplace
Data Entrant (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 28, 2013
It was a very first paced environment to work in which made it very interesting to be part of and the fact that we handled so many donations from all over the place even made it better because I felt I was helping the unfortunate earth quake stricken Haitians to get back on their feet
No job security
Senior Financial Staff Accountant. (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 11, 2013
Worked for five years as Senior Accountant as a full time exempt employee, putting in countless hours of unpaid overtime and volunteer work and got laid off without any notice or reason other than that my position had been eliminated. Shocking disregard for employee endeavour and loyalty.
Fairly satisfactory
Monitoring and Evaluation officer (Current Employee), Sierra LeoneJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: end of year staff party
Cons: long stay away from family
Yearly programme review meetings last longer than always planned
When expertise from different project discuss together,it help to not only have a mental picture of the programme,but clear on what has always been me as an actor to successes and challenges in Programme.
A clear understanding of certain decision taken which can be viewed as frustration by junior level colleagues.
When a situation arise to scale down operations,then it has to do with redundancy,who is to go and who should remain in the team when all are very hard working.
When promotion is given to a junior colleague as reward for hard work.
Fairly satisfactory
Pros: end of year staff party
Cons: long stay away from family
Yearly programme review meetings last longer than always planned
When promotion is given to a junior colleague as reward for hard work.
Cool place to work at
Intern (Former Employee), Washington DCDecember 29, 2011
Culturally diverse, excellent team work and devotion to promoting health and saving lives as well as careers for young professionals

International Medical Corps Salaries

Human Resources Manager
$2,500 per month

International Medical Corps Photos

Prepare Computer Lab.
International Medical Corps Field Office Staff Celebrating Global Hand Washing Date