International Medical Corps

International Medical Corps Employer Reviews

International Medical Corp is a non profit humanitarian organisation that provided equal opportunities for all. It is a very good employer.
Emergency Medical Coordinator (Current Employee), Maban, upper Nile State. South sudanJuly 4, 2014
Pros: living allowance, free accomodation and transport, harship differential
My day starts with morning security briefing, dispatch of teams to the field to work in the clinics in the refugee camps.Follow up with the logistic and finance teams on issues affecting the staff and the clinic functions. Attend partners health/ camp coordination meetings. supervision visits to the health facility. On job training and mentoring of – more... staff.Check registers and referral notes and make recommendation as necessary.
I have learnt a lot on diseases surveillance, disease prevention through community awareness activities as well as vaccination programs.
In my current place of work I am part of the senior management and hence the decision making body for our activities on the field. We work as a team and have meetings to plan our activities and report on progress. There is an open house policy which gives each one the opportunity to freely interact and ask for guidance as and when needed.
The hardest part of the job is the limitations in resources, both human and material. But we are making the best out the situation we find ourselves.
The most enjoyable part is the small victories, like opening the new maternity wing and having deliveries done at the health facilities rather than referring them to the hospital. Doing vaccination campaigns, Nutrition food distribution session. – less
Supportive and productive
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Afghanistan, KabulMarch 10, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: break
was a good challenge and met relevant people, working with the different organizations build up my knowledge made me ready to carry out my life goal and contribute positive achievement reward the society. working with these organizations developed my experiences and was really productive .
My first Job
Program Assistant (Former Employee), BaghdadMarch 10, 2014
My typical work day as a Program Assistant was starting with checking my emails and determining my priorities for that day. I respond to the staff correspondences and needs. I used to make visits into the field to supervise the staff within the targeted districts. Reporting my manager. my co-workers were very professional. I enjoyed helping people developing – more... themselves. – less
Daynamic staff and Goal oriented work place
Program Manager II (Current Employee), Shashmene, EthiopiaFebruary 16, 2014
International Medical Corps is Global Humanitarian Organization Dedicated to strive saving lives through emergency response, health care and development programs. It has Dynamic and committed staff to the success of organizational mission, Goal and objectives. IMC is youngest but greatest Global humanitarian humanitarian organization.
Roving Mental Health and Psychosocial Officer (Current Employee), RovingNovember 26, 2013
An Ideal organization to help a motivated professional grow in the humanitarian field. I have been working with IMC for 7 years now, and it has been a remarkable experience, where I have worked in various emergencies and have learned so much from my supervisors, colleagues, and where I have been privileged in making real friends. It is with IMC that – more... I found my true calling for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support. – less
good place to gain leadership skills
(IMC) as an emergency healthcare nurse (Former Employee), dadaab refugee campJuly 17, 2013
the work was very demanding involving very critical decision to be made. the hardest part was the insecurity in the area. this was dealing with refugees.
Fun workplace
Data Entrant (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 28, 2013
It was a very first paced environment to work in which made it very interesting to be part of and the fact that we handled so many donations from all over the place even made it better because I felt I was helping the unfortunate earth quake stricken Haitians to get back on their feet
No job security
Senior Financial Staff Accountant. (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 11, 2013
Worked for five years as Senior Accountant as a full time exempt employee, putting in countless hours of unpaid overtime and volunteer work and got laid off without any notice or reason other than that my position had been eliminated. Shocking disregard for employee endeavour and loyalty.
It's a fun company; many opportunities to learn and to make decisions
Site Engineer (Former Employee), BaghdadJanuary 23, 2013
The hardest part of the job was the general security issues where it was very insecure to work in field.
Fairly satisfactory
Monitoring and Evaluation officer (Current Employee), Sierra LeoneJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: end of year staff party
Cons: long stay away from family
Yearly programme review meetings last longer than always planned
When expertise from different project discuss together,it help to not only have a mental picture of the programme,but clear on what has always been me as an actor to successes and challenges in Programme.
A clear understanding of certain decision taken which can be viewed as frustration – more... by junior level colleagues.
When a situation arise to scale down operations,then it has to do with redundancy,who is to go and who should remain in the team when all are very hard working.
When promotion is given to a junior colleague as reward for hard work. – less
Fairly satisfactory
Pros: end of year staff party
Cons: long stay away from family
Yearly programme review meetings last longer than always planned
When promotion is given to a junior colleague as reward for hard work. – less
Friendly environment
Finance Officer (Former Employee), Ankara, TurkeyNovember 11, 2012
Pros: friendly environment
I enjoy to work with wonderful co-worker in a very cooperative and dynamic environment. The Greatest part of the job is to be able to be part of a Global company and interact with other employees in different part of the world. Learned a big deal of effective communication skills, and productive interaction. Projection and control of project expenditures – more... and being able to utilize the grants funds to the utmost effective and useful way has been the most enjoyable and satisfactory part of this job. – less
Capacity building and mentorship towards self reliance
Program Officer (Current Employee), Kenya Country Office - NairobiOctober 31, 2012
I have gained knowledge in HIV/TB M & E for Kenya Prisons, MARPs programs and community TB intensive case finding

Program planning and implementation
Budgeting
Proposal writing
Report writing
Networking with stakeholders including government and partners
Community Mobilization
interacting with community
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Zimbabwe BinduraMay 27, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short contract
Short contract. The community need to know and tell the causes of cholera in ZImbabwe in 2008
Cool place to work at
Intern (Former Employee), Washington DCDecember 29, 2011
Culturally diverse, excellent team work and devotion to promoting health and saving lives as well as careers for young professionals
cordinator and trainer
Registered nurse (Current Employee), libya and jordanFebruary 24, 2014
help all people
trainer to all nursing
cordinator to work with other people
work in senior staff
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), peshawarJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: medical
Cons: no increment, no appreciation
its an international organization, and having a great impact over villages and field sites...

i find here lack of managment because there is no contry director frm last year
Productive with space for innovaton
Coordonnateur du département de santé mentale (Current Employee), Beyrouth, LibanJanuary 12, 2014
Good place to work on MH issues. The usual working day is full of challenges related to the emergency crisis in Syria. This fact has enabled me to learn more about mental health in complex settings. What i prefer about my work is spend more time working on technical issues than admin and finance.
I personally enjoy the work on new things that help in – more... developing our line of work within the organisation and on national level. – less
good
Student job (Former Employee), AmmanNovember 27, 2013
Data Entry Student job for a month, I consider it a good experience.
Fun place for work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Am - dam - ChadJuly 9, 2013
It's was very fun and enjoyable for having work at IMC since it is up to any employee to save lives of vulnerable people suffering from all.