International Medical Corps Employee Reviews in United States

productive but not motivation
Assistant to the CD and HQ and HO Technical team (Former Employee) –  Addis AbabaMay 5, 2016
the work environment is good but lacks motivation.The organization lacks internal system and there is no any social benefit that may help retain core staffs.
Pros
Cons
No any social benefit
productive and pretty workplace
Senior Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  TripoliApril 25, 2016
To familiarize with various IMC procedures and practices with focus on program management, procurement, financial operations, audits/internal controls and donor regulations and compliance. The workshop/training component includes:
Great Place to work
***Hidden*** (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2016
IMC is a great company to work for. The people are nice, and they really work hard in their individual duties. The only problem is the Upper Management/VP's. There is no communication to the lower employees.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Communication
Workplace surrounding was ok and very safe
Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Lunsar,Sierra LeoneJanuary 20, 2016
Day's work at IMC was ok and ongoing, Learned alot with handling and be a trustee of cash.
Management was flexible and with co-workers they are great and willing to work at all times.
Hardest part of all is when you are called upon to do payment to survivors of any outbreak like the Ebola.Enjoyable part when are been educated on various illnesses.
Great work place
International Operation Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington DCSeptember 23, 2015
The staff treats you like family, everybody is willing to help. Learn a lot about Public health issues in developing countries. The hardest part of this job is quick deadlines, specifically in emergency response. Working with staff in different countries is difficult due to time differences.
Pros
Friendly staff, amazing work
Rewarning experience
Corporate Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 7, 2014
Manage HR Activities for a Non-profit Organization with over 200 employees, consultants and interns, including but not limited to employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, and training and development;
 Manage recruiting and hiring process, including interview job applicants; review application/resumes; evaluate applicant skills, make recommendations to hiring manager and finally salary negotiation with candidate.
 Conduct New Hire and Benefit Orientations; communicate details of benefit programs, policies, and procedures in the Employee Handbook. Assist employees with benefit claim concerns, issues or problems.
 Prepares all HR Reporting including: Salary Report, New Hire Report, FTE/IE/1099 Headcount, Management Report, Department of Labor statistics, and other compliance reports as needed.
 Assist in the development, implementation and updating of company Employee Handbook, Admin Manual and new personnel policies and procedures.
 Responsible for all approvals and maintenance of HRIS database which interfaces with ADP PC/Payroll.
 Advertise and respond to employee job openings, both internally and externally, in keeping with company recruitment policies. Develop and maintain relationship with employment agencies, universities and other recruitment sources;
 Prepare letters of offer, appropriate testing and other documentation as required. All letters of offers completed and ensure documentation signed off by employee prior to commencement of employment.
 Administer remuneration policies and prepare remuneration review information to enable managers to
  more... conduct annual reviews effectively and efficiently in line with the company salary review program.
 Process enrollments, changes and terminations of participants in all benefit plans and programs, liaising with outside vendors including CIGNA, Aflac, Verisight – Pension and 403(b) Plans, Infinisource, SmartBenefits and Mutual of America regarding employee accounts and inquires.
 Process employment terminations (including exit interviews, and COBRA notifications and coverage).
Pros
healthcare
Cons
n/a
Great company to work for
Senior International Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 4, 2014
Still employed by them. I have been lucky to work with IMC for over 7 years.
Challenges Abound
Program (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2014
Challenging environment. Great cause. Need for new spirit and staff at the highest levels.
All my former employers were very good to me and i enjoyed working with them.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hai-Melekia, Juba City South SudanAugust 26, 2014
International Medical Corps (I.M.C) was a very good environment for every employee, And i really enjoyed working with during my Two year tenure with them.
International Medical Corp is a non profit humanitarian organisation that provided equal opportunities for all. It is a very good employer.
Emergency Medical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maban, upper Nile State. South sudanJuly 4, 2014
My day starts with morning security briefing, dispatch of teams to the field to work in the clinics in the refugee camps.Follow up with the logistic and finance teams on issues affecting the staff and the clinic functions. Attend partners health/ camp coordination meetings. supervision visits to the health facility. On job training and mentoring of staff.Check registers and referral notes and make recommendation as necessary.
I have learnt a lot on diseases surveillance, disease prevention through community awareness activities as well as vaccination programs.
In my current place of work I am part of the senior management and hence the decision making body for our activities on the field. We work as a team and have meetings to plan our activities and report on progress. There is an open house policy which gives each one the opportunity to freely interact and ask for guidance as and when needed.
The hardest part of the job is the limitations in resources, both human and material. But we are making the best out the situation we find ourselves.
The most enjoyable part is the small victories, like opening the new maternity wing and having deliveries done at the health facilities rather than referring them to the hospital. Doing vaccination campaigns, Nutrition food distribution session.
Pros
living allowance, free accomodation and transport, harship differential
Roving Mental Health and Psychosocial Officer (Current Employee) –  RovingNovember 26, 2013
An Ideal organization to help a motivated professional grow in the humanitarian field. I have been working with IMC for 7 years now, and it has been a remarkable experience, where I have worked in various emergencies and have learned so much from my supervisors, colleagues, and where I have been privileged in making real friends. It is with IMC that I found my true calling for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support.
Productivity and sucesses
Medical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  tSouth Central Somalia, East AfricaOctober 28, 2013
The work was very tedious and was dispensed in hash environment; Iearned from the staff and from my mistakes on human management and learned how to be culture sensitive;

My co-workers were cooperative and supportive, and the hardest part of the job was the solving of problems related to water points among community residents;

The most enjoyable part were project review and annual leave. During these activities, the challenges and successes were identified and strategies were designed to help improve on future projects. It was the time to enjoy life after work with family and friends;
Pros
free internet service and staff welfare
Cons
staff benefits
good place to gain leadership skills
(IMC) as an emergency healthcare nurse (Former Employee) –  dadaab refugee campJuly 17, 2013
the work was very demanding involving very critical decision to be made. the hardest part was the insecurity in the area. this was dealing with refugees.
Fun workplace
Data Entrant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 28, 2013
It was a very first paced environment to work in which made it very interesting to be part of and the fact that we handled so many donations from all over the place even made it better because I felt I was helping the unfortunate earth quake stricken Haitians to get back on their feet
No job security
Senior Financial Staff Accountant. (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 11, 2013
Worked for five years as Senior Accountant as a full time exempt employee, putting in countless hours of unpaid overtime and volunteer work and got laid off without any notice or reason other than that my position had been eliminated. Shocking disregard for employee endeavour and loyalty.
Fairly satisfactory
Monitoring and Evaluation officer (Current Employee) –  Sierra LeoneJanuary 10, 2013
Yearly programme review meetings last longer than always planned
When expertise from different project discuss together,it help to not only have a mental picture of the programme,but clear on what has always been me as an actor to successes and challenges in Programme.
A clear understanding of certain decision taken which can be viewed as frustration by junior level colleagues.
When a situation arise to scale down operations,then it has to do with redundancy,who is to go and who should remain in the team when all are very hard working.
When promotion is given to a junior colleague as reward for hard work.
Pros
end of year staff party
Cons
long stay away from family
Cool place to work at
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington DCDecember 29, 2011
Culturally diverse, excellent team work and devotion to promoting health and saving lives as well as careers for young professionals