International Mission Board Employee Reviews

A Great Place to Work
Technical Support Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2016
We worked a schedule where each employee who was eligible had either every other Monday or every other Friday off. The benefit package is incredible. The most enjoyable part of my job was serving my customers. The hardest part of my job was pleasing my newest manager.
Pros
Benefits Package, 9/75 Work Schedule
Cons
Pleasing certain people, change is inevitable
Great company
Computer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 15, 2016
I provided IT support to a great team of co-workers in Asia. Their dedication to service is amazing. I served in a "support" role, but was often told how important that role was, and definitely felt that I was a part of the team and their efforts.
Pros
Great ethics
Cons
Incredible opportunity to live & work overseas
Community and Home Outreach (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 2, 2016
My days were a mix of cross-cultural interaction, teaching/training,and relationship building. I learned much about living & working in a culture that is not my own. I learned how to write reports & do monthly self-evaluations. I did some supervising and gained experience working on a team.
The hardest part of the job was not always seeing visible results from my work. The most enjoyable part of my job was forming significant relationships in that culture.
Pros
great leaders
Cons
not always getting the results you want
This was an enjoyable place to work, also you got work done before you knew it sometimes.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 13, 2016
My day started at 7am and I had different responsibilities each day. Answering phones, assisting co-workers, processing expense reports was done daily. There was coffee in the break room and lots of times snacks. I receive travel expenses from agencies on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday to have completed by Friday. It was a tight process, but I was proud when I completed it. We had prayers on a daily basis and chapel on Wednesday. Daily I prepared checks for mailing by verifying accuracy of payments & supportive documents. I received incoming work and distributed to accounts payable staff. This process was done 3 or 4 times a day. I researched account numbers, project ID's and verified personal information {including names, addresses, bank accounts}. The day ended at 3:30pm. The most part of my job was when a
ever I accomplished a task. The hardest part was when I was pushing the clock to finish, but it always worked out. We were a team.
Pros
We had lunches together in the snackroom.
Cons
We had great benefits, {medical, vision, dental & retirement}. Lunch was provided sometimes and breaks was provided.
Imb
International Missionary (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 18, 2016
The International Mission Board is a solid company, we felt blessed to work for this wonderful solid organization. We were very well taken care of as missionaries in a dangerous area. We felt that this company always had our backs. Great expereince
Pros
experience
Cons
Always a leading innovative group on the cutting edge of missions
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2016
The most focused international missions group that exists. The experts in unreached people groups, church planting, cultural aquisition. Always highly adaptable and ready to change to do whatever is needed to reach the people of today!
Pros
Excellent pre culture training, excellent skills training for on field work.
A Job of My Dreams
Logistics Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  TH1January 30, 2016
Being a missionary overseas called on every drop of experience from all my background- finance and accounting, personnel management, service, counseling, and yard work (from high school). No day was the same, though I did have the structure of an office. It was such a pleasure working with a staff and with fellow missionaries with a common task and goal. The organization allowed us freedom to explore our areas of interest and ministry. The past eight years provided us an opportunity to work with refugees- delivering food, helping with work, visiting in prison and being friends. I love the power of hope and encouragement and frequently saw the effects in peoples' lives. I sometimes faced issues that were above my capabilities and experience, but was able to find people in my network that could provide the right counsel and expertise. The job taught the value of working well in community and how a group accomplishes much more than a single.
Pros
Variety of tasks; Dependency on others for success
Productive work place and the company takes care of employes
FIELD MISSIONARY (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 28, 2016
Enjoyed our time in Mexico. Learning another language and culture IMB is a Christian organization, part of the Southern Baptist Convention. They take care of their missionaries.
Missionary work is a vocation not a profession.
Missionary / Prayer Coordinator / Writer (Former Employee) –  BrazilJanuary 14, 2016
A person learns to be flexible as within the structure of deadlines and appointments, one never knows what is going to happen.
Pros
Brazilian coffee
Cons
You are always working.
A leader in evangelical missions
Global Properties Manager - Sub-Saharan Africa (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 7, 2016
International Mission Board, SBC is often on the cutting edge of evangelical missions. The new president is leading the organization in a bold new structure to streamline the work and eventually channel more people to the mission field.
Great Company
Missionary (Current Employee) –  Guatemala, Central AmericaNovember 11, 2015
I worked for IMB for 22 years as I served the Lord. We were well cared for and provided for while we worked there. I helped mobilize national believers to help reach their own people and start churches.
No room for growth
Audio/Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 3, 2015
Overall it was a good experience but there was no room for growth. Job had a supervisor that knew nothing about audio or visual.
Wonderful culture. The best people to work with and fun projects
Art Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 11, 2015
A typical day is usually juggling several clients and several projects. Which I thrive on. I've been to the HOW Design Conference twice and have always come back energized. I love that I've been allowed to travel to several countries. My co-workers are the best. We all work in a fast-paced environment and are willing to step in and help each other is something comes up.
Pros
flexiblity, several types of projects
Wonderfully dynamic, self-fulfilling job
Missionary (Former Employee) –  ChinaMay 26, 2015
I loved my job as a missionary on the field in China. I enjoyed adapting to cross cultural settings, and learning a new language. This posed a healthy challenge for me. A typical day at work was going out in the city and engaging with the people and learning a new language for the sake of the Gospel. I learned how to lean on the Lord for support and for strength. I also learned how to be a team player in high stress situations. The hardest part of the job was the frigid weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was making friends with Chinese people and becoming one with our community.
Great Staff and Co-workers
Assistant Leader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 17, 2014
Great place to work with strong Christian leaders impacting third-culture kids.
Sub in Logistics at IMB
Logistics coordinator dept of travel and freight (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 28, 2014
Joyful uplifting setting where I subbed for a downsized department in which two staff took maternity leaves at the same time. Enjoyed learning about logistics, enjoyed the staff, sorry it ended!
Pros
Great organization, worthwhile department, great supervisor
Cons
Not Baptist, couldn't be hired full time.
Corporate Feel Missions Organization
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 1, 2013
A large missions organization and because of that it is a very corporate feel. They provide great resources and training. Good leadership and development.
Fun, Exciting and culturally eye-opening
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 23, 2013
Great company, Caring for the world! I have worked for the company for 7 years and this has been an amazing experience.
Pros
visionary, compassionate, focused on results
Wonderful organization, part of Southern Baptist denomination
Director of Global Communication - Americas (Current Employee) –  Santiago, ChileOctober 9, 2012
We have spent many wonderful and challenging years with this organization, working in many locations all over the world.
Exciting, life changing
Community Impactor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 25, 2012
Only through God will you make it in this job. You will make friends for life from around the world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Mission Board. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2