International Mission Board Employee Reviews

The IMB is an excellent place to work and pursposefully
Missionary (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 5, 2017
The IMB is greatly managed its been serving its regions for over 130 years. I learned how to manage and balance life abroad and the culture is very creative. They have a solid purpose in serving others and making clear across the board.
IMB Summary
Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23230July 27, 2017
Very efficient and gets the task done.
Truly cares about International Peoples.

IMB partners with churches to empower limitless missionary teams who are evangelizing, discipling, planting, and multiplying healthy churches, and training leaders among unreached peoples and places for the glory of God.
great place...making a difference in our world
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 28, 2017
Great place to work, the culture and mission of the organization.
Good location. They care about the employees. The benefits are good, I would recommend this organization as a great employer.
Pros
Great benefits, and co-workders
Volunteer Coordinator
Logistics and Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 18, 2017
I coordinated the medical mission trips of several groups to come aid third world villages in simple health care. Helped guide the groups to the villages and translate when necessary.
Good company
WEB USER EXPERIENCE & DESIGN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 2, 2017
IMB employees wonderful people and is a great company. Just wasn't a long-term fit for me. Would definitely recommend them as a good place to work though.
If you love Jesus and want to be a missionary, this company is for you
ESL/EFL TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Central AsiaApril 11, 2017
Mission organization. Low pay, but that doesn't matter. Great leadership. Days will vary as you could be doing any number of things while working overseas.
Pros
Travel, Sharing your faith
Cons
Acclimating to new cultures
Very Relaxed evironment, Flextime
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 9, 2017
Overall my experience at the International Mission Board was upbeat and very nice. It was in the last few years that thing got rough in that promises were made but were never followed through with. My passion was to lead the Business Intelligence effort, but it never got the support of middle to upper management. The staff in other departments could see the benefit.
Pros
Paid time off was very good.
Cons
Poor leadership.
Used to be a family
Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 31, 2017
Used to be a family but recent new leadership came in and cleaned house without taking into account everything being done. Leadership did not listen and very little opportunities for advancement or continuing education.
Best sending agency out there
Volunteer Facilitator and Researcher (Former Employee) –  West AfricaMarch 28, 2017
IMB is by far the best sending agency in America. They do not require fund raising, they pay reasonable salaries and they have great health benefits. However when you are on the field, you are on your own. The agency does not have strong leaders who keep in contact with their people, there is no accountability. Many poor performers have been on the field for 15 plus years because of this and many young candidate become discourage and leave because they feel forgotten by their agency.
Change someone's life
Missionary (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 24, 2017
There is no "Typical Day at Work" on this job. New challenges and opportunities present themselves every day. You really have a chance to touch others' lives.
A Great Place to Work
Technical Support Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2016
We worked a schedule where each employee who was eligible had either every other Monday or every other Friday off. The benefit package is incredible. The most enjoyable part of my job was serving my customers. The hardest part of my job was pleasing my newest manager.
Pros
Benefits Package, 9/75 Work Schedule
Cons
Pleasing certain people, change is inevitable
Great company
Computer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 15, 2016
I provided IT support to a great team of co-workers in Asia. Their dedication to service is amazing. I served in a "support" role, but was often told how important that role was, and definitely felt that I was a part of the team and their efforts.
Pros
Great ethics
Cons
Incredible opportunity to live & work overseas
Community and Home Outreach (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 2, 2016
My days were a mix of cross-cultural interaction, teaching/training,and relationship building. I learned much about living & working in a culture that is not my own. I learned how to write reports & do monthly self-evaluations. I did some supervising and gained experience working on a team.
The hardest part of the job was not always seeing visible results from my work. The most enjoyable part of my job was forming significant relationships in that culture.
Pros
great leaders
Cons
not always getting the results you want
This was an enjoyable place to work, also you got work done before you knew it sometimes.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 13, 2016
My day started at 7am and I had different responsibilities each day. Answering phones, assisting co-workers, processing expense reports was done daily. There was coffee in the break room and lots of times snacks. I receive travel expenses from agencies on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday to have completed by Friday. It was a tight process, but I was proud when I completed it. We had prayers on a daily basis and chapel on Wednesday. Daily I prepared checks for mailing by verifying accuracy of payments & supportive documents. I received incoming work and distributed to accounts payable staff. This process was done 3 or 4 times a day. I researched account numbers, project ID's and verified personal information {including names, addresses, bank accounts}. The day ended at 3:30pm. The most part of my job was when a
ever I accomplished a task. The hardest part was when I was pushing the clock to finish, but it always worked out. We were a team.
Pros
We had lunches together in the snackroom.
Cons
We had great benefits, {medical, vision, dental & retirement}. Lunch was provided sometimes and breaks was provided.
Imb
International Missionary (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 18, 2016
The International Mission Board is a solid company, we felt blessed to work for this wonderful solid organization. We were very well taken care of as missionaries in a dangerous area. We felt that this company always had our backs. Great expereince
Pros
experience
Cons
Always a leading innovative group on the cutting edge of missions
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2016
The most focused international missions group that exists. The experts in unreached people groups, church planting, cultural aquisition. Always highly adaptable and ready to change to do whatever is needed to reach the people of today!
Pros
Excellent pre culture training, excellent skills training for on field work.
A Job of My Dreams
Logistics Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  TH1January 30, 2016
Being a missionary overseas called on every drop of experience from all my background- finance and accounting, personnel management, service, counseling, and yard work (from high school). No day was the same, though I did have the structure of an office. It was such a pleasure working with a staff and with fellow missionaries with a common task and goal. The organization allowed us freedom to explore our areas of interest and ministry. The past eight years provided us an opportunity to work with refugees- delivering food, helping with work, visiting in prison and being friends. I love the power of hope and encouragement and frequently saw the effects in peoples' lives. I sometimes faced issues that were above my capabilities and experience, but was able to find people in my network that could provide the right counsel and expertise. The job taught the value of working well in community and how a group accomplishes much more than a single.
Pros
Variety of tasks; Dependency on others for success
Productive work place and the company takes care of employes
FIELD MISSIONARY (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 28, 2016
Enjoyed our time in Mexico. Learning another language and culture IMB is a Christian organization, part of the Southern Baptist Convention. They take care of their missionaries.
Missionary work is a vocation not a profession.
Missionary / Prayer Coordinator / Writer (Former Employee) –  BrazilJanuary 14, 2016
A person learns to be flexible as within the structure of deadlines and appointments, one never knows what is going to happen.
Pros
Brazilian coffee
Cons
You are always working.
A leader in evangelical missions
Global Properties Manager - Sub-Saharan Africa (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 7, 2016
International Mission Board, SBC is often on the cutting edge of evangelical missions. The new president is leading the organization in a bold new structure to streamline the work and eventually channel more people to the mission field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Mission Board. Our community is ready to answer.

International Mission Board Reviews by Location