International Paper Employee Reviews

I don't get to see emy family none
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALNovember 16, 2017
I won't to get able to see my daughter and work during the day and have time to spend with my family it hurts me alot to not be able to see my wife and daughter
fun place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Courtland, ALNovember 16, 2017
good place to work, but the Courtland mill closed due to decline in paper demands. but overall it was a nice place to work and met a lot of life long friends there
For the most part, employees are great
Safety Advocate (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 15, 2017
Great place to work but can be cutthroat. Lot's of room for advancement if you're willing to relocate. Benefits are not bad and the hours can be taxing.
Fast paced
1st Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 15, 2017
You are on your feet constantly, only 15 minuets for break and no lunch, hours change from day to day and most of the time it’s a 12 hour shift starting at 3am
Cons
Short breaks, hours vary from day to day
Awesome place to work.
2nd shift forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Thorofare, NJNovember 15, 2017
I really enjoyed working there and I would return in a second. The pay is good. The mamagement is good. The people are very easy to work with and the H.R.dept. is awesome.
Pros
Paid lunches. 8 hour shift and overtime.
Cons
Too much finger pointing, as with any company.
The industry giant
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2017
I had a great learning experience at the company. It was the industry leader and very political. it was too big to move quickly but they had a lot of good people with tremendous industry knowledge.
Pros
The company was the giant in the industry
Cons
too big to move fast
to many leaders not enough workers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 14, 2017
the boss would not take your word over other people word slit of cry babies some of the employees would talk behind your back some of the employees would say one thing to you and then go do something totally different
lead inventory clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2017
you get to see new people every day enjoy supervisor great people also they let you be your self also receive frothy hour every week is good to
Its a fast paced hands on workplace
Trolley car Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 13, 2017
My regular work day was to make sure that every line was setup for me to get to each product that each line were going to run through out the day.It was there that I really learned how to keep things in order,but I also had a great supervisor that would keep you informed on any changes.The environment was very laid back everybody just were focused on there duties until break time.The hardest part of the job was when the the waxed boards would fall all over the place. After all of that the fun part came on friday pay day.
Pros
Be safe
Cons
Short breaks
Productive workplace
Laborer / 1st Helper (Former Employee) –  Lock Haven, PANovember 13, 2017
our department cut and packaged the reams of paper.
I learned OSHA safety rules & regulations, how to run and maintain machinery, quality control procedures, billing data entry, along with a wide variety of miscellaneous tasks and training to better our production, quality, and work environment.

Co workers got along well and there was great comradery and pride in our jobs and finished products..
Pros
The pay rate and benefits were excellent
Cons
Swing shift was tough sometimes with kids, the plant shut down forcing myself and my husband out of a job at the same time.
Stressful work environment.
Cc operator (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCNovember 11, 2017
International Paper Is a good job if you don't want a life outside of your career. management rarely considers the long term wellbeing of their employees. they also show favoritism towards family members and chosen personnel.
Old Fashion respect
Group Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, OHNovember 10, 2017
Great Group--High Value of smart team members...Customer focused...Great benefits program, very dialed in to what you need to be the best at your role...No issues here!
Pros
Big Charging Company
Cons
Big!
Hardest part of working in my dept is specific equipment items. After that, equipment items. And after that, equipment items...
Transportation (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 10, 2017
Some old equipment could be changed for new, and some new items could be obtained...company offers itself as safety focused, and we all have room for improvement...excellent culture of "teamwork", in general- daily...
Pros
Team oriented, safety focused, work crews constantly busy. Offering many, industry- wide coveted benefits...
Cons
ie IP pays $21 for a position local competitors pay $28/$26, "benefit-bar" could be raised, ie employee- friendly alternative to 401k, ie universal healthcare with single- payer may cost less, and allow opportunity to receive treatment of choice from provider of choice, and other things in general for improvements in employee benefits (lndustry- wide suggestions)...
Cordial co workers. Family days. Outings to reward your positive performance.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 9, 2017
Various outings and offered company embossed items to commemorate accomplishments such as years of service. Perfect attendance. Lunch and learn. Health awareness
Pros
Free lunches and outings.
Cons
Outsourced jobs out of the country.
fast paced
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2017
Very fast place work co workers are the best management is good.
Pay is very good as a temp you start out mid range but once hired you jump up high. Good place to work
Pros
great pay and 410k is great
Cons
insurance need to be overhauled
international paper
Ink Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrington, NJNovember 8, 2017
i previously work for this company and i loved it. I seen myself growing and becoming a intricate part of the company. The management was not the best but the environment was awesome. The culture was to.
Pros
great pay
Cons
not a stable place
Fast Paced, Keep You On Your Feet
Machine Set-up Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 8, 2017
Great Job, Great Pay, Good Benefits willing to work with workers management team has gotten better since I have started. Work with others that make you feel like family.
Member
Clamp truck operator (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, LANovember 7, 2017
Love the job just maxed out on moving up. Looking for a job that I can keep moving up in in a timely manner not having to wait 20 years in between promotions
Cool
Operator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 5, 2017
Better than being unemployed and homeless. No time to really enjoy the days off but I was homeless & unemployed before I started working here. IP saved & changed my life. IP is a blessing from God regardless of the cons I could come up with.
Cons
Sleep til its time to work & on days off
Job sucks but it’s good money
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 5, 2017
I originally worked for Weyerhaeuser and my plant was bought out by Ip and it’s been an absolute nightmare since it was taken over. It’s a good paying job but that’s it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Paper. Our community is ready to answer.