International Paper

International Paper United States Employee Reviews

A great place where I learned a lot.
Power House Control Room A Operator (Former Employee), augusta gaApril 23, 2015
I worked swing shifts for 35 years. I was trained on and learned from many positions in the plant. There was always team work because we strived to produce a quality product while maintaining employee.

The most difficult part of my last position was the making sue that as the team leader , I kept the plant supplied with power while managing my crew and keeping every safe.

I enjoyed the challenge of keeping 3 power boilers operating because without power the plant shuts down.
Packaging Designer (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXApril 23, 2015
-Good management, very supportive
-You can learn a lot from co-workers
-Time management is important and critical due to many projects
-Good compensation and benefits
Not the best environment to be in.
Print Press Operator (Former Employee), Mount Carmel, PAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Short travel to facility
Cons: Safety is sometimes overlooked meet deadlines
Supervisors would push machines and crews to the limit as each shift races to get more production than the previous shift without thinking about safety.
Very Productive and overalll fun job
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Bellmawr, NJApril 16, 2015
Pros: Simple work and easy to learn
Cons: Had none
A typical day at work would always start with clock-in and setting up the stacker with the next job for shipment or finish the overnight job. Gather the appropriate shipping manifest with that went with each job. Clean work area, inspect the dimension of each box to ensure that that matched the guidelines that the customer had expected them to be. Sent out the loads after I stacked them to capacity and made next bundle. Afterwards I learned how to start the machine and switch out inks for each job and how to get the proper cuts on the corrugator
Great team work
Corrugator Supervisor (Former Employee), Carson CaliforniaApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great friends
Cons: Healthcare
I.P. Carson has a great safety culture. The management has always
been very supportive and understanding. I'ts a great company to work for.
Stability
Acting Supervisor (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 13, 2015
Fast Paced, lots of hours. co-workers are great to work with. Hardest part was working so many hours. Most enjoyable was great friendships.
Okay job to work
Operator (Former Employee), Eighty Four, PAApril 11, 2015
good job to work at great benefits but long hours and hard days. Love the operator position and management could've been better also
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Yakima, WAApril 11, 2015
I feel like International Paper is a great place to work, with the exception of one bad apple in our office everyone got along fine.
Good company for short term
Laborer (Former Employee), Ticonderoga, New YorkApril 11, 2015
Pros: Competative pay
Cons: poor communication, health insurance cost
Working for international paper in was the same type of work everyday for eight hours a day. The communication between management and hourly personnel was limited. Questions would often go unanswered when asked. It was not uncommon to ask the same question more than once and get different answers. The hardest part of the job was getting passed the confusion. I wasn't afforded the chance to learn anything new. International Paper placed me in what they called a "safe skill". I believe that was referring to the fact that I had experience in the warehousing department.
Bought Weyerhaeuser and changed culture to lets make money
Quality and HR Manger (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 11, 2015
Fortune 500 company that push for money and didn't focus on employees or familes. Great employees but difficult managers were put in place.
People! People! People!
Regional Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 7, 2015
Pros: Serving Others
Cons: Downsizing
My job everyday was filled with the joys of serving people, both managing them and helping them reach their lifelong goals.
Productive and fun workplace
Tracker (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2015
I loved the management staff and the people that I worked with. Very productive and fun environment to work in. We worked good hours (3-11pm) and we were never really held over. There were plenty of opportunities for overtime.
Great
Legal Department Summer Intern (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 6, 2015
Pros: Fantastic
Cons: Nope
This was a great company to work for. Great room for growth and just a fantastic place to work. I love this and want to go back to you
was great place to work. People were great.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Cedarburg, WIMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Four great dinners a year.
Cons: Plant closed.
Too bad plant closed, the workers were the best in there jobs we all had fun with our jobs. The training was well taught. Place was clean for a factory.
No time to spend with family and also have a good quality of life
Winder assistant (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 30, 2015
The money as well as the benefits are great. When you actually have to miss your kids growing up and your wife leaves you because she never sees you. They don't give a rats butt as long as that paper is going. It is mandatory for us to stay on over time even when your already fatigued. If no one comes to cover your shift you have to stay 16 hours which usually im fatigued after 12 hours, and on the verge passing out. they say safety but what is safe about a man who can hardly keep his eyes open especially if he is a decent worker even with plenty of rest the night before. Some of the management are completely rude and only speak when they wont to address their authority by treating and talking to good respectful workers like a dog. Maintenance never really has to do any thing we usually have to fix things ourselves. If we cant fix it then they call maintenance. One of the shift managers even told me that maintenance had it way easier than we did. when they are out there 20 of them are watching and 5 are \working. A team is an environment where everyone works together there is no i in team. I believe that things would run smoother if the worker were happier
Nice place to work very friendly people.
Computer Parts Assembler (Former Employee), Statesville, NCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good hours, plenty of overtime
Cons: they were bring alot of machines to do work that's taking work from people
Enjoyed my time there I am sorry that i'm not there any more. The job was up beat, time wen't by very fast and the work was challeging.
Good company
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2015
Cons: Turnaround of employees
This was a good company to work for. My typical day was general secretarial duties. It was somewhat hard to get used to the different paper companies within the company, but I did it.
Good opportunities for new graduates
Corporate MRO Buyer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 23, 2015
I was hired right out of school and was very happy to work for one of the best companies in the city. Work is not easy, but a lot depends on your management - he or she can always make even the hardest task feel easy. I think this company has provided a very good foundation for my career and I am thankful for that.
work 6/7 days 8/12 hrs
Utility Worker (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks or no breaks
turn overs are high,if you work your shift and the next team mate doesn't show up you get pointed for their absenteeism. work 6/7 days a week. you cant make plans in advance weekend work is posted on thurs after 1.drama non stop but they pay good if all you want to do is work. management does not communicate with employees or other management. It is a union plant.
Union shop
ASSISTANT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Mount Carmel, PAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: manditory 12 hour shifts
Jobs pay is good for out area. The supervisors and management is good. The ninety day training period pay is more than min. wage.

1 2 3 4 5

About International Paper

For International Paper (IP), business is a global paper chase. It is one of the world's largest manufacturers of printing papers. – Read more

International Paper Salaries

$40,000 per year
Forklift Operator
$15.20 per hour

International Paper Photos

PIT equipment I operated, gator clamps, 4 prong forklifts and bale clamps.
This is one of the loads I pulled and loaded last week.