International Paper

International Paper Employer Reviews

a good place to work always time to excel in your field
maint mechanic ll (Former Employee), odenden mdAugust 14, 2014
international paper was a good place to work , people worked together as a team when that was needed ,shared imformation with each other . no problems as far as work ,if I completed my work orders ,I would always help someone with their work orders to get the work done.
To be the best that I can be at any job I obtain.
MACHINE OPERATOR, ASSISTANCE MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee), Springhill, LAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: shift work. i'd rather have straight days and weekends off.
This was a very good job. All my co-workers were my friends. The money was good though the benefits weren't the best. The most enjoyable part of this job was making a good paycheck.
hard work
Assistant Machine Operator (Former Employee), Carson, CAAugust 6, 2014
this job prepared me for any other job i will get. this was the hardest job i ever had.
Busy Productive and safe work place.
Receiving & Shipping Trucker (Current Employee), Three Rivers, MIAugust 3, 2014
Pros: forklift license
Cons: working 6 days a week for the last 2 years.
Inspect trailers & rail cars.

Inspect fork/clamp trucks before use

unload roll stock into warehouse

load finished goods into trailers
Corrugator Supertindent
CORRUGATOR SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FLJuly 27, 2014
Pros: made good friends
Cons: plant closed
Ensure the production goals were met daily. Organize work schedules by setting hours and where some employees were to work. Oversee cycle counts along with weekly and monthly inventories. In charge of counseling and discipline as needed. Work with other managers to meet objectives. Use the management team as a support group, worked well together.
Hard to advance
Production (Corrugator) Supervisor (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: long hours and no extra benefits
Struggle to move up the ladder. Heavy workload that is hard to get done some days.
E and I
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJuly 23, 2014
Heavy industrial electric job and was a very good experience but they tore the mill down
Productive mill
E&I Tech, Maintenance,shift (Former Employee), Mansfield, LAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: a living for my family
Cons: not very safe
I worked shift on one and two paper machine. All equipmentl that needed maintenance on electrical and instrumentation I repaired.
Ok job if you can't find any thang else
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 22, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: management and week end over time planing
Management is unorganized they make last minute changes to work schedule and work responsibility they do not have a set of job guide lines they go buy, so they some times single people out and require more job duties from some individuals but not from others with the same job title and pay they work their salary supervisors long hrs some times 14 to – more... 16 hrs they require their skilled labor employs to do jobs that are not related to their skill for instants their maintenance technicians number 2 priority in the plant is to treat the plants waste water – less
What I've learned
Lead Fork Lift Operator in Shipping (Current Employee), Decatur, ALJuly 20, 2014
Pros: free ice cream and recognition for safety accomplishments at work
Cons: long drive to and from work.
That process that takes place to turn rolls of paper into hard corrugated materials. Then the process of taking those materials, cutting them down, printing them and the end results being a box made for many other companies to use for product.
Productive and fun place to work
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Tracy, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: once a month we had lunch for our department
Cons: heathcare was not that good
My day would start by calling Customer on their special orders. I've learned that communication is key. Managment and co-workers were fun to be around. The hardest part was informing Customers that there has been a delay in the orders.
Good Pay & Benefits, But way too many hours
Machine Operator/Safety Committee Team Member (Current Employee), Louisville, KyJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: too many hours of work & too hot
International Paper has great pay & benefits. There are too many hours per week expected of you. The atmosphere between the management & hourly employees is very bad. Inside the plant is also very very hot.
Help me put 2 through school and was there for the loss of others
Woodyard Dept Worker (Current Employee), Prattville, ALJuly 10, 2014
I have enjoyed working here got to travel first time I flew was with company.Pride showed in our product.
Outstanding Company
Customer Service Manager & Team Leader (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 10, 2014
Pros: long term career minded company
Cons: work life balance
The company culture stimulates the employee to give their best and to continue self improving.

Opportunities are made available to grow in your career as well as in your personal development.
Good place to work. Management were ok..
Bi-Winder Helper (Former Employee), Courtland, ALJuly 1, 2014
Pros: laid back atmosphere, good pay
Cons: sometimes long hours
A typical day at work was like an episode of Star trek...You never knew what to expect..Be it a machine down or some other issue. Overall, a good place to work..
always something new everyday!
Slitter Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2014
Pros: cook outs, gift cards
Cons: healthcare
i learnt a lot from this job. I had the opportunity to learn something from every department.
Corrugator Stacker / Roll Grab Operator (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJune 29, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: soft management
IP was a great place to work until senior management got too relaxed and allowed the plant to be closed by the incoming management.
always busy verry little idle time
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARJune 26, 2014
I would start the day with basic rounds, talk with operators for any ongoing problems from previous shifts, log onto the computer for any work assignments or work orders to be done make arrangements with shift supervisor to schedule work done on machines, take calls for any emergency repairs etc...
Good company to work for
Production Superintendent (Former Employee), El Centro, CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: never got bored.
Cons: very fast pace work requirment.
good work environment and very competitive employment. Job opportunities are always coming up. Multiple training for job growth are done online for all employees that warnt to progress.
Okay experience
Fiber Supply Intern (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 24, 2014
This position was only an intern with the Fiber Supply Team.

1 2 3 4 5

About International Paper

For International Paper (IP), business is a global paper chase. It is one of the world's largest manufacturers of printing papers. – Read more

International Paper Photos