International Rectifier Employee Reviews in United States

I was a fast paced fun enviorment
Wafer Fab Operator I (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day I ran 16 production tools. Was very fast paced. Inspection on every wafer was a must. Computer work was also a part of the everyday work day.
I learned how to use the SPC and SPN.
Management was only involved when an issue arose.
My coworkers were very knowledgeable of all the tools.
Hardest part of the job was the training of new employees who did not want to learn.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the schedule. it was a 4334 schedule.
Productive and fast-paced environment with engineers and C-Level executives
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2016
Heavy scheduling and managing CEO's time. Produced PowerPoint presentations and reports. Worked heavily with the corporate executive team and the Board of Directors. Heavy expense reports. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with the CEO and managing his work load. Co-workers were dedicated and industrious.
found it extreamly fun and challenging
Sr. Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 1, 2016
Set up and run tests. Confirm validity of data collected. Write a report using collated/plotted data and send to engineers for review.

DevelopPCB layout. Release board for building, testing and evaluation to in-house purposes or customers for their needs in evaluating components.

Receive in competition devices (inverters, brick supplies, mother boards, graphic cards... ect.). Evaluate performance of unit. Identify key components used in circuit that we wish to compare with.

Answer calls from FAE's or Customers engineers regarding testing, data, or assembly requirements over the phone, or through e-mail. supply them with published test results upon request.
Comfortable work place, awesome coworkers. chance to learn more.
Fabrication Operator (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 18, 2015
International Rectifier was a fantastic place to work with great people to work with and around. Management was understanding and easy to talk with. The overall environment was pleasant and there was always room to learn more and to advance. The 12 hour shifts were brutal but made the days off that much better. A typical day would include getting gowned up to enter the FAB, followed by a pass-down/meeting. Then you would go to your tools/station to see what needed to be don, i.e. priorities and requests. You would check with your coworkers to plan the best flow of product and work thought the night with constant check up. The end of the night would be followed with a pass-down for the next shift. The harder parts of this job would be the certification tests. Other than that this was a great company to have worked for and with.
Pros
free coffee, unrestricted internet access, occasional free lunches.
Cons
long hours(12 hour shifts), pay rate could have been higher.
Horrible place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 28, 2014
I worked in the Business Management department in Temecula. Everyone makes you feel guilty for taking any time off - including not working or pretending to work from home every night. Everyone points fingers and blames others rather than working on solutions so they aren't part of the next cut. Poor compensation - don't ever expect a raise or bonus. Oleg came and spoke to the plant and called us Champions - Chumps and Pions...that sums up the culture of IR from the top down.
another one
Operator (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CA 92590May 24, 2016
well, i cant emphasize how the environment was, we had a unique store, was the most out-dated, but the workers were definitely priceless, i can remember everything like it was yesterday.
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Good Teams
Qci Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAMay 12, 2015
Excellent training, organization, classes, computer usage, core Qci team was very well trained by myself and very dependable. Meetings every day with Senior Supervisor, Managers and Directors in the am and the pm each day. Helped with organization of more the 350 lots running each quarter. Very long hours with a lot of overtime. Would still be with the company if we hadn't moved to Missouri.
Pros
Great Pay, Organization, Benefits, Co-Workers
Cons
Very long hours, a lot of overtime
Was a place That I learned a lot
Associate In Assembly & Wafer Fab (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 16, 2016
At first a short meeting with Supervisor ,after got my job for the day,clean my place of work,prepare my tools,see if I will need something for the day and let the supervisor know about it
Manufacturing is where the rubber meets the road
Senior Shift Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 21, 2014
A typical day starts with setting the production plans in place which will include process focus points of recovery, Priority material along with scheduling development work . Operator placement to handle peek workload area's as well as constraint management.
Review equipment status, communication of plans to the operations staff. Attend meetings related to planning, present and future.
Pros
job security, benifit package
Cons
employee compensation reward's for all ir employees is non existant
Used to be a good company
Engineering (Former Employee) –  USJuly 10, 2012
No jobs, no merit increases, no bonuses and forget about profit sharing. Incompetent managers who are only in their positions because they have been with organisation for many years. Regular companies evaluate performance and WILL demote if need be. This company does not care about demotions and this is not a good thing. Benefits package USED to be competent. CEO and upper management are THUGS who make who make reckless decisions. No jobs for US Citizens; this organization would rather recruit someone from India right out or college, pay for their relocation, pay for their sponsorship only because they can over-work those folks.

Want to know more about International Rectifier?

Ask a question
it was all about the number just work all the time
Machine Operator, Hess/Nipps Aluminum Wire Bonder (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MANovember 6, 2015
company was ok from time to time we keep busy. I learn a lot new machine.working with some people was ok it was all about the number.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Poor employee Relations
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 19, 2012
Poor planning on the part of the schedulers within IR. One week we can be putting out a record number of parts, and the next week they shut down the plant. This happens at least once per quarter. There is no overtime and zero raises. I think there has been 1 raise in 5-7 years. Its would be a great place to work if these two issues would straighten out.
Pros
none yet
Cons
they schedule your vacation time and no raises.
Brilliant place with ample opportunity to learn and expand.
Rotation Engineer, Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, IrvineFebruary 17, 2012
I joined IR as a rotation Engineer, possibly the best way to join a company. IRF has a brilliant work culture and the management gives you ample visibility and opportunity to learn and grow.
Pros
pto- earn 1 day/biweekly and work on any holiday.
Cons
pay
Well run business, excellent product offering
Western Area Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 27, 2014
I have nothing but praise for this company during my years I was associated with them.. I left to join First Rep who got the contract to be their representative in Southern California with the blessing of my superiors at International Rectifier
Daily job tasks
Facilities Maintenance Tech Carpentry (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 3, 2012
Check computer for daily job task , rounds reading in keeping production on line with AQMD, waste treatment and clean room spec. Also delievered and receivied chemicals for production, worked with EHS to design safety measures for test equipment. Also worked with site services, Haworth cube modification and ergonmics issues. Remodel work area drywall ,ceiling, floor tile,and painting. Set up subcontractors for various task in remodel work areas. Also was a ERT member,first aid and cpr certified,
Working with different team menbers in implementing saftey measures.
Pros
received many awards gift cards, clothing, bonus
Cons
health care benefits
Detail Oriented Person
Monitor Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 25, 2015
I am in charge of the test wafer room. My main priority is to maintain the quality of our product. The managers are awesome, i love this place. The hardest part of my job is the long hours. 12 hr shifts, the most enjoyable part of the job is the people i work with. They are smart and constantly challenge themselves to get better.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
parking
Great Company
Director of Global Demand Planning, S&Op (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 30, 2015
Excellent teamwork environment.
Professional management.
Company has gone through a big organizational transformation over the last 4 years with excellent results.
Overall a great Company to work for.
long hours not enough money
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 25, 2014
The coworkers there were great, job security and advancement weren't.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no raises or advancement
Productivity in a none care employee environment.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAApril 7, 2015
International rectifier used to be a company that cared about there employees. 10 years ago they strived in keeping employees happy, secure, and gave them hope for a great future with them. International Rectifier Now is rude, careless, condescending, unprofessional company that pushes people out the door with their careless attitude. I would never recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
none.
Cons
salery is at a all time low, no respect for ther employees
Overall I enjoy it working for so many year becuz i learn a lot and i got a lot of experience!!
proto (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 30, 2012
A typical day of work was nice working with out supervision not preasure nice people a lot a respect from each other i work hard for their requirements i was very happy with my job the nothyng was hard to do it. The most enjoyable part of my job was learn and have all
the experience the these job left me.
Pros
i have to work when they need it becuz job always hot!!
Cons
not always have the right person and the right job.

International Rectifier Reviews by Location