International Rectifier

International Rectifier United States Employee Reviews

Productivity in a none care employee environment.
Team Member (Current Employee), Leominster, MAApril 7, 2015
Pros: none.
Cons: salery is at a all time low, no respect for ther employees
International rectifier used to be a company that cared about there employees. 10 years ago they strived in keeping employees happy, secure, and gave them hope for a great future with them. International Rectifier Now is rude, careless, condescending, unprofessional company that pushes people out the door with their careless attitude. I would never recommend anyone to work there.
Typical Day
DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: no flex time
Process and implement paperwork related to DCO/CM (Document Change Orders/Change Masters). Worked closely with planning/purchasing to ensure data entered on SAP was correct and change if needed. Team members were great mentors in providing trust, value, and document control tasks that are valuable in this field.
Great Company
Director of Global Demand Planning, S&Op (Current Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 30, 2015
Excellent teamwork environment.
Professional management.
Company has gone through a big organizational transformation over the last 4 years with excellent results.
Overall a great Company to work for.
Detail Oriented Person
Monitor Room Operator (Current Employee), Temecula, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: parking
I am in charge of the test wafer room. My main priority is to maintain the quality of our product. The managers are awesome, i love this place. The hardest part of my job is the long hours. 12 hr shifts, the most enjoyable part of the job is the people i work with. They are smart and constantly challenge themselves to get better.
Good mix of engineering tasks. Good work experience
Sr. Staff Component Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good location. good working hours
Cons: noisey sometimes. people are not considerate and noisey.
Good people to work with. Good commute from my home. Nice cubicle to work in with two monitors and laptop. Previous manager was great to work for. Good work hours, some overtime without additional pay. Good size company and the San Jose company has mostly everyone there except no HR or cafeteria.
Horrible place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Temecula, CADecember 28, 2014
I worked in the Business Management department in Temecula. Everyone makes you feel guilty for taking any time off - including not working or pretending to work from home every night. Everyone points fingers and blames others rather than working on solutions so they aren't part of the next cut. Poor compensation - don't ever expect a raise or bonus. Oleg came and spoke to the plant and called us Champions - Chumps and Pions...that sums up the culture of IR from the top down.
Manufacturing is where the rubber meets the road
Senior Shift Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Temecula, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: job security, benifit package
Cons: employee compensation reward's for all ir employees is non existant
A typical day starts with setting the production plans in place which will include process focus points of recovery, Priority material along with scheduling development work . Operator placement to handle peek workload area's as well as constraint management.
Review equipment status, communication of plans to the operations staff. Attend meetings related to planning, present and future.
IR Temecula
Engineer (Current Employee), Temecula, CASeptember 26, 2014
IR manufactures power devices at this site. Temecula is a good town, great schools but limited entertainment for those above school age.
semiconductor research and develop
Electronic technician (Current Employee), El Segundo, CASeptember 15, 2014
Usually we Handle several projects simultaneously, so we have have busy days. The team contains 5 engineers very friendly, and everything related with electronic is fun
Worked with an amazing team of Engineers
Digital Verification Engineer (Current Employee), Tewksbury, MASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: small branch, not as many people to work with.
In the last few years I've worked with some of the smartest minds in Semiconductor Engineering. I was given opportunities to move forward as an engineer and learn new things that challenged me because I had a great Director who gave me these opportunities to keep me motivated because he saw how ambitious I was to learn and loved how innovative I was. I couldn't have asked for a better team and I'm hoping I can have a team in the future like the one I have with International Rectifier.
Flexible hours and company gatherings
Electro-Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 9, 2014
Learned from co-workers
Management can be overwhelming with hours but overall the hours become normal.
Well run business, excellent product offering
Western Area Manager (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 27, 2014
I have nothing but praise for this company during my years I was associated with them.. I left to join First Rep who got the contract to be their representative in Southern California with the blessing of my superiors at International Rectifier
long hours not enough money
Technical Operator (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: no raises or advancement
The coworkers there were great, job security and advancement weren't.
Photolithography Maitenance
Photolithography Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Temecula caJune 23, 2014
Electrical, electronic and/or mechanical repair and maintenance of wafer fab equipment in International Rectifier. ASML and Ultratech steppers, DNS, TEL and SVG tracks equipment experience
DAta Reviewer
Quality Control Inspector, Inspection (Current Employee), Leominster, MAJune 13, 2014
Pros: need more space
Work with paperwork all day correcting other employees work print correct paperwork for the customers prepare for completion of all the paperwork. My co-workers are harder workers and helpful as well I tend to work 40 to 60 hours a week.
Educational
Failure Analysis Technician (Former Employee), El Segundo, CA.April 18, 2014
Pros: fun and educational.
Cons: none.
I loved working here. Management was very good and people I worked with were very friendly and helpful. I wish I didn't leave.
very good to work and good management company
Equipment Service Module leader (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAMarch 19, 2014
Work Monday through Friday, 1st shift
Good team work and quality improvement.
Management system: module concept for small group activity,
Benjy Baroy
This place is terrible
Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Temecula CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: lockers
Cons: everything else
Management is a dictatorship mentality. No sense of opinion is allowed. They talk about safety but their Outsourcing Department who contracts third party specialist doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground. DO NOT EVER WORK HERE!!!!
Highly expected performing productive manufacturing organization
Sr. characterization technician (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 25, 2014
On going non-stop/ on fast lane working environment. due to the competition in the market place, IR is working hard towards it's goal to win over the competitor. As a result, this competition made the working environment racing place.
productive and good work place
Engeneering Technician (Former Employee), El Segundo, CADecember 4, 2013
Pros: over time was available
Cons: company moved
Through out the day I would preform liability tests on parts and then analyze the out comes of such tests. I would also perform failure analysis. It offered a great work environment with friendly coworkers and management.

1 2 3

About International Rectifier

International Rectifier (IR) is a top maker of power management semiconductors, which refine the electricity flowing into a device – Read more

International Rectifier Photos