International Rectifier Employee Reviews

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 25, 2016
A typical work day started off by a team meeting. Understanding our product line needs and tool flexibility and options. As our production needs changed from day to day,learning excellent time management skills was key. Management helped guide and assist our teams in supporting our team decisions. Team members relied on each other for knowledge support of equipment and specification updates. The most difficult part of the job was simply relying on the equipment to not fail. The rewards daily were to achieve our goals and deadlines.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
12 hour work days
Wafer Fab Production Associate, Infineon (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 25, 2016
I have learned many different trades working at Infineon. This company has truly shaped, and made me the person I am today. Infineon has taught helped me to strive and continuously help others, while also putting quality and safety as my top priority.
Productive and fast-paced environment with engineers and C-Level executives
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2016
Heavy scheduling and managing CEO's time. Produced PowerPoint presentations and reports. Worked heavily with the corporate executive team and the Board of Directors. Heavy expense reports. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with the CEO and managing his work load. Co-workers were dedicated and industrious.
another one
Operator (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CA 92590May 24, 2016
well, i cant emphasize how the environment was, we had a unique store, was the most out-dated, but the workers were definitely priceless, i can remember everything like it was yesterday.
Multiple Technology working knowledge
SAP MM/IM/LE Consultant (Up-gradation & Support) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 6, 2016
I had to work as SAP MM resource with focus on helping the SOX compliance team with delaying the manufacturing and vendor related functionalities.
Pros
Great team with excellent knowledge
Was a place That I learned a lot
Associate In Assembly & Wafer Fab (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 16, 2016
At first a short meeting with Supervisor ,after got my job for the day,clean my place of work,prepare my tools,see if I will need something for the day and let the supervisor know about it
I was a fast paced fun enviorment
Wafer Fab Operator I (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day I ran 16 production tools. Was very fast paced. Inspection on every wafer was a must. Computer work was also a part of the everyday work day.
I learned how to use the SPC and SPN.
Management was only involved when an issue arose.
My coworkers were very knowledgeable of all the tools.
Hardest part of the job was the training of new employees who did not want to learn.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the schedule. it was a 4334 schedule.
found it extreamly fun and challenging
Sr. Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 1, 2016
Set up and run tests. Confirm validity of data collected. Write a report using collated/plotted data and send to engineers for review.

DevelopPCB layout. Release board for building, testing and evaluation to in-house purposes or customers for their needs in evaluating components.

Receive in competition devices (inverters, brick supplies, mother boards, graphic cards... ect.). Evaluate performance of unit. Identify key components used in circuit that we wish to compare with.

Answer calls from FAE's or Customers engineers regarding testing, data, or assembly requirements over the phone, or through e-mail. supply them with published test results upon request.
it was all about the number just work all the time
Machine Operator, Hess/Nipps Aluminum Wire Bonder (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MANovember 6, 2015
company was ok from time to time we keep busy. I learn a lot new machine.working with some people was ok it was all about the number.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good work experience.
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 27, 2015
Worked a typical 8-5 job with an hour break. I learned a lot about the corporate world and the work environment associated with it.
Comfortable work place, awesome coworkers. chance to learn more.
Fabrication Operator (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 18, 2015
International Rectifier was a fantastic place to work with great people to work with and around. Management was understanding and easy to talk with. The overall environment was pleasant and there was always room to learn more and to advance. The 12 hour shifts were brutal but made the days off that much better. A typical day would include getting gowned up to enter the FAB, followed by a pass-down/meeting. Then you would go to your tools/station to see what needed to be don, i.e. priorities and requests. You would check with your coworkers to plan the best flow of product and work thought the night with constant check up. The end of the night would be followed with a pass-down for the next shift. The harder parts of this job would be the certification tests. Other than that this was a great company to have worked for and with.
Pros
free coffee, unrestricted internet access, occasional free lunches.
Cons
long hours(12 hour shifts), pay rate could have been higher.
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Good Teams
Qci Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAMay 12, 2015
Excellent training, organization, classes, computer usage, core Qci team was very well trained by myself and very dependable. Meetings every day with Senior Supervisor, Managers and Directors in the am and the pm each day. Helped with organization of more the 350 lots running each quarter. Very long hours with a lot of overtime. Would still be with the company if we hadn't moved to Missouri.
Pros
Great Pay, Organization, Benefits, Co-Workers
Cons
Very long hours, a lot of overtime
A great company to work for; a lot of team work. pin-pong tables. Lot of training, great supervisors. Great work environment. Family activities.
FA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Temecula ca.April 28, 2015
Productivity in a none care employee environment.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAApril 7, 2015
International rectifier used to be a company that cared about there employees. 10 years ago they strived in keeping employees happy, secure, and gave them hope for a great future with them. International Rectifier Now is rude, careless, condescending, unprofessional company that pushes people out the door with their careless attitude. I would never recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
none.
Cons
salery is at a all time low, no respect for ther employees
Typical Day
DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Process and implement paperwork related to DCO/CM (Document Change Orders/Change Masters). Worked closely with planning/purchasing to ensure data entered on SAP was correct and change if needed. Team members were great mentors in providing trust, value, and document control tasks that are valuable in this field.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
no flex time
Great Company
Director of Global Demand Planning, S&Op (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 30, 2015
Excellent teamwork environment.
Professional management.
Company has gone through a big organizational transformation over the last 4 years with excellent results.
Overall a great Company to work for.
Detail Oriented Person
Monitor Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 25, 2015
I am in charge of the test wafer room. My main priority is to maintain the quality of our product. The managers are awesome, i love this place. The hardest part of my job is the long hours. 12 hr shifts, the most enjoyable part of the job is the people i work with. They are smart and constantly challenge themselves to get better.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
parking
Good mix of engineering tasks. Good work experience
Sr. Staff Component Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose CAJanuary 12, 2015
Good people to work with. Good commute from my home. Nice cubicle to work in with two monitors and laptop. Previous manager was great to work for. Good work hours, some overtime without additional pay. Good size company and the San Jose company has mostly everyone there except no HR or cafeteria.
Pros
Good location. Good working hours
Cons
Noisey sometimes. People are not considerate and noisey.
Horrible place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 28, 2014
I worked in the Business Management department in Temecula. Everyone makes you feel guilty for taking any time off - including not working or pretending to work from home every night. Everyone points fingers and blames others rather than working on solutions so they aren't part of the next cut. Poor compensation - don't ever expect a raise or bonus. Oleg came and spoke to the plant and called us Champions - Chumps and Pions...that sums up the culture of IR from the top down.
Manufacturing is where the rubber meets the road
Senior Shift Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 21, 2014
A typical day starts with setting the production plans in place which will include process focus points of recovery, Priority material along with scheduling development work . Operator placement to handle peek workload area's as well as constraint management.
Review equipment status, communication of plans to the operations staff. Attend meetings related to planning, present and future.
Pros
Job Security, benifit package
Cons
Employee compensation reward's for all ir employees is non existant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Rectifier. Our community is ready to answer.

International Rectifier Reviews by Location