International Rectifier Employee Reviews

I never worked here
Parallax Sales (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYOctober 25, 2017
I dont know why you are asking me to rate International Rectifier. I never worked here. I was an independent Sales Rep for them. So this is not correct.
Pros
never worked here
Cons
never worked here
sweat shop
Dry etch equipment technician (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 22, 2017
Very fast paced environment. Managment not concernced about the tiredness of employees..Equipment engineers not very helpful. Managment pointing fingers at others...
Pros
steady job.
Cons
Short staffed.
Worked strictly as a contract programmer for about a year.
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 22, 2017
The position was a Mac-Pac contract programmer position. Duties included making modifications to existing Mac-Pac applications and creating an interface between Mac-Pac and FedEx for shipments and shipment acknowledgments.
Pros
Good people to work with - friendly environment.
Cons
As a contract programmer - worked a lot of overtime.
Stressfully Challenging job for easy work
Group Leader, Test Operator (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAMarch 19, 2017
It's a worthwhile job with a great social environment. The people you work with and for are very friendly which makes the day go by a lot better. As far as the work goes. It can be quite easy and fun. But at the same time very stressful. The company likes run very lean and making quotas can be quite challenging.
Pros
Friendly environment.
Cons
Company first, Family/Health second. Workplace that runs lean that wants a lot of work done quick.
Productive fun place to work.
Electronic Tester (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 19, 2017
Learned the assembly process of a microchip. Nice people to work with and a very good company to work for. Good benefits. It's ashame they outsourced our testing department.
Pros
Good workplace
Cons
No comment
Test transistors for design evaluation and verifies there being is speck
Engineering technician (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 3, 2016
Test transistors at ambient, low and high temperatures.
writhing report on evaluation of test.
working and Learning with other workers.
Learning about test fixtures for transistors and diodes.
Pros
Learning test Technics of solid state devises.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 25, 2016
A typical work day started off by a team meeting. Understanding our product line needs and tool flexibility and options. As our production needs changed from day to day,learning excellent time management skills was key. Management helped guide and assist our teams in supporting our team decisions. Team members relied on each other for knowledge support of equipment and specification updates. The most difficult part of the job was simply relying on the equipment to not fail. The rewards daily were to achieve our goals and deadlines.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
12 hour work days
Wafer Fab Production Associate, Infineon (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 25, 2016
I have learned many different trades working at Infineon. This company has truly shaped, and made me the person I am today. Infineon has taught helped me to strive and continuously help others, while also putting quality and safety as my top priority.
Productive and fast-paced environment with engineers and C-Level executives
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2016
Heavy scheduling and managing CEO's time. Produced PowerPoint presentations and reports. Worked heavily with the corporate executive team and the Board of Directors. Heavy expense reports. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with the CEO and managing his work load. Co-workers were dedicated and industrious.
another one
Operator (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CA 92590May 24, 2016
well, i cant emphasize how the environment was, we had a unique store, was the most out-dated, but the workers were definitely priceless, i can remember everything like it was yesterday.
Multiple Technology working knowledge
SAP MM/IM/LE Consultant (Up-gradation & Support) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 6, 2016
I had to work as SAP MM resource with focus on helping the SOX compliance team with delaying the manufacturing and vendor related functionalities.
Pros
Great team with excellent knowledge
Was a place That I learned a lot
Associate In Assembly & Wafer Fab (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 16, 2016
At first a short meeting with Supervisor ,after got my job for the day,clean my place of work,prepare my tools,see if I will need something for the day and let the supervisor know about it
I was a fast paced fun enviorment
Wafer Fab Operator I (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day I ran 16 production tools. Was very fast paced. Inspection on every wafer was a must. Computer work was also a part of the everyday work day.
I learned how to use the SPC and SPN.
Management was only involved when an issue arose.
My coworkers were very knowledgeable of all the tools.
Hardest part of the job was the training of new employees who did not want to learn.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the schedule. it was a 4334 schedule.
found it extreamly fun and challenging
Sr. Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 1, 2016
Set up and run tests. Confirm validity of data collected. Write a report using collated/plotted data and send to engineers for review.

DevelopPCB layout. Release board for building, testing and evaluation to in-house purposes or customers for their needs in evaluating components.

Receive in competition devices (inverters, brick supplies, mother boards, graphic cards... ect.). Evaluate performance of unit. Identify key components used in circuit that we wish to compare with.

Answer calls from FAE's or Customers engineers regarding testing, data, or assembly requirements over the phone, or through e-mail. supply them with published test results upon request.
it was all about the number just work all the time
Machine Operator, Hess/Nipps Aluminum Wire Bonder (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MANovember 6, 2015
company was ok from time to time we keep busy. I learn a lot new machine.working with some people was ok it was all about the number.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good work experience.
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 27, 2015
Worked a typical 8-5 job with an hour break. I learned a lot about the corporate world and the work environment associated with it.
Comfortable work place, awesome coworkers. chance to learn more.
Fabrication Operator (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 18, 2015
International Rectifier was a fantastic place to work with great people to work with and around. Management was understanding and easy to talk with. The overall environment was pleasant and there was always room to learn more and to advance. The 12 hour shifts were brutal but made the days off that much better. A typical day would include getting gowned up to enter the FAB, followed by a pass-down/meeting. Then you would go to your tools/station to see what needed to be don, i.e. priorities and requests. You would check with your coworkers to plan the best flow of product and work thought the night with constant check up. The end of the night would be followed with a pass-down for the next shift. The harder parts of this job would be the certification tests. Other than that this was a great company to have worked for and with.
Pros
free coffee, unrestricted internet access, occasional free lunches.
Cons
long hours(12 hour shifts), pay rate could have been higher.
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Good Teams
Qci Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAMay 12, 2015
Excellent training, organization, classes, computer usage, core Qci team was very well trained by myself and very dependable. Meetings every day with Senior Supervisor, Managers and Directors in the am and the pm each day. Helped with organization of more the 350 lots running each quarter. Very long hours with a lot of overtime. Would still be with the company if we hadn't moved to Missouri.
Pros
Great Pay, Organization, Benefits, Co-Workers
Cons
Very long hours, a lot of overtime
A great company to work for; a lot of team work. pin-pong tables. Lot of training, great supervisors. Great work environment. Family activities.
FA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Temecula ca.April 28, 2015
Productivity in a none care employee environment.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAApril 7, 2015
International rectifier used to be a company that cared about there employees. 10 years ago they strived in keeping employees happy, secure, and gave them hope for a great future with them. International Rectifier Now is rude, careless, condescending, unprofessional company that pushes people out the door with their careless attitude. I would never recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
none.
Cons
salery is at a all time low, no respect for ther employees