International Rectifier Employee Reviews

Small place in AZ, but could be a great place to work for a decade or longer..
Epi Reactor Technician/Cleans Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 27, 2012
I worked for International Rectifier through Superior Staffing for around 9 months. When I had my initial interview, the hiring supervisor was very clear that he valued my skills, and was very quick to get me hired on. I was essentially promised that my Temp to Hire time would be 3 to 6 months tops. With the nature of the business, that did not happen. Near the end of my employment with the company, there were multiple shutdowns, and one layoff. I had spoken to some of the senior employees about their tenure, and had heard horror stories of layoffs of temporary workers over the years. The senior technicians took pride in their positions, and did not feel scared for their jobs, but as for the temps, we were treated completely different than everyone else. Which, considering some of the temp workers had better work ethic, and ability than some of the full time employees, was quite sad. I dont know if I would consider going back to this company, if offered. I didnt feel valued by them. As a business, they have a lot to learn. They are a very small, amateur player, in the big picture.
Pros
great supervisor, good coworkers, decent salary, easy job tasks, great location
Cons
site director, site scheduler
Comfortable work place, awesome coworkers. chance to learn more.
Fabrication Operator (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 18, 2015
International Rectifier was a fantastic place to work with great people to work with and around. Management was understanding and easy to talk with. The overall environment was pleasant and there was always room to learn more and to advance. The 12 hour shifts were brutal but made the days off that much better. A typical day would include getting gowned up to enter the FAB, followed by a pass-down/meeting. Then you would go to your tools/station to see what needed to be don, i.e. priorities and requests. You would check with your coworkers to plan the best flow of product and work thought the night with constant check up. The end of the night would be followed with a pass-down for the next shift. The harder parts of this job would be the certification tests. Other than that this was a great company to have worked for and with.
Pros
free coffee, unrestricted internet access, occasional free lunches.
Cons
long hours(12 hour shifts), pay rate could have been higher.
Production
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  TEMECULA CASeptember 6, 2013
Measure and mark reference points and cutting lines on workpieces, using traced templates,
compasses, and rules.
• Move controls or mount gears, cams, or templates in machines to set feed rates and cutting
speeds, depths, and angles.
• Compute data such as gear dimensions and machine settings, applying knowledge of shop
mathematics.
• Instruct other workers in machine set-up and operation.
• Select, install, and adjust alignment of drills, cutters, dies, guides, and holding devices, using
templates, measuring instruments, and hand tools.
• Set machine stops or guides to specified lengths as indicated by scales, rules, or templates.
• Align layout marks with dies or blades.
• Set up and operate machines, such as lathes, cutters, shears, borers, millers, grinders, presses,
drills, and auxiliary machines, to make metallic and plastic workpieces.
• Inspect workpieces for defects, and measure workpieces to determine accuracy of machine
operation, using rules, templates, or other measuring instruments.
• Observe machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunctions, adjusting
machines as necessary.
Payroll Manager with two Payroll Administrators processing a Multi-State bi-weekly payroll using ADP Enterprise, Version 5.03
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, Ca.June 26, 2012
I arrive at work around 9:00 am. I have two employees who report to me. I read my e-mails and handle all phone message issues first.

Then I attend meetings, run reports, input payroll information (if needed).

We process payroll bi-weekly so depending on the day, I might need to update spreadsheets that will need to be reconciled at the end of the month or at the end of the quarter.

I handle questions from persons who might walk into my office or call me during the day needing assistance.

Then around 7 or 8:00pm I go home.
Cons
no breaks. when i walk in my office door, i do not leave my office until i go home at night.
found it extreamly fun and challenging
Sr. Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 1, 2016
Set up and run tests. Confirm validity of data collected. Write a report using collated/plotted data and send to engineers for review.

DevelopPCB layout. Release board for building, testing and evaluation to in-house purposes or customers for their needs in evaluating components.

Receive in competition devices (inverters, brick supplies, mother boards, graphic cards... ect.). Evaluate performance of unit. Identify key components used in circuit that we wish to compare with.

Answer calls from FAE's or Customers engineers regarding testing, data, or assembly requirements over the phone, or through e-mail. supply them with published test results upon request.
Daily job tasks
Facilities Maintenance Tech Carpentry (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 3, 2012
Check computer for daily job task , rounds reading in keeping production on line with AQMD, waste treatment and clean room spec. Also delievered and receivied chemicals for production, worked with EHS to design safety measures for test equipment. Also worked with site services, Haworth cube modification and ergonmics issues. Remodel work area drywall ,ceiling, floor tile,and painting. Set up subcontractors for various task in remodel work areas. Also was a ERT member,first aid and cpr certified,
Working with different team menbers in implementing saftey measures.
Pros
received many awards gift cards, clothing, bonus
Cons
health care benefits
Used to be a good company
Engineering (Former Employee) –  USJuly 10, 2012
No jobs, no merit increases, no bonuses and forget about profit sharing. Incompetent managers who are only in their positions because they have been with organisation for many years. Regular companies evaluate performance and WILL demote if need be. This company does not care about demotions and this is not a good thing. Benefits package USED to be competent. CEO and upper management are THUGS who make who make reckless decisions. No jobs for US Citizens; this organization would rather recruit someone from India right out or college, pay for their relocation, pay for their sponsorship only because they can over-work those folks.
Fun place to work, very friendly co-workers and supervisors.
Senior Accounting Support (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 1, 2012
• Self-taught SAP: became an accomplished user of SAP teaming with super users.
• Assumed responsibility of downloading and preparing data from ASK, Vision and SAP systems for journal entries and month-end-closing.
• Prepared procedures to create purchase requisition for Blanket Expense purchase orders in SAP and created service entry sheet process to approve partial amount for payment.
• Provided research and back up information for Internal & External Auditors.
• Facilitated Accounts payable to clear over $800,000.00 in outstanding invoices for Sub-con vendor in Taiwan.
Worked with an amazing team of Engineers
Digital Verification Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MASeptember 9, 2014
In the last few years I've worked with some of the smartest minds in Semiconductor Engineering. I was given opportunities to move forward as an engineer and learn new things that challenged me because I had a great Director who gave me these opportunities to keep me motivated because he saw how ambitious I was to learn and loved how innovative I was. I couldn't have asked for a better team and I'm hoping I can have a team in the future like the one I have with International Rectifier.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
small branch, not as many people to work with.
Horrible place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 28, 2014
I worked in the Business Management department in Temecula. Everyone makes you feel guilty for taking any time off - including not working or pretending to work from home every night. Everyone points fingers and blames others rather than working on solutions so they aren't part of the next cut. Poor compensation - don't ever expect a raise or bonus. Oleg came and spoke to the plant and called us Champions - Chumps and Pions...that sums up the culture of IR from the top down.
Manufacturing is where the rubber meets the road
Senior Shift Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 21, 2014
A typical day starts with setting the production plans in place which will include process focus points of recovery, Priority material along with scheduling development work . Operator placement to handle peek workload area's as well as constraint management.
Review equipment status, communication of plans to the operations staff. Attend meetings related to planning, present and future.
Pros
job security, benifit package
Cons
employee compensation reward's for all ir employees is non existant
Poor employee Relations
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 19, 2012
Poor planning on the part of the schedulers within IR. One week we can be putting out a record number of parts, and the next week they shut down the plant. This happens at least once per quarter. There is no overtime and zero raises. I think there has been 1 raise in 5-7 years. Its would be a great place to work if these two issues would straighten out.
Pros
none yet
Cons
they schedule your vacation time and no raises.
They taught me so much in the industry, I gave them my best..
Senior Technician I (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 27, 2012
I loved working there six years out of school. Started at Laser System In Research R&D job out of school. Moved me and family out from Minnesota, defence contacts froze, lost my job. International Rectifier taught me how to maintain production fabrication. Preventative maintenance is how every successful company services. I wish I didn't see my general manager leave and undisciplined women leave his house. Lost my job after 12 years.
Productivity in a none care employee environment.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAApril 7, 2015
International rectifier used to be a company that cared about there employees. 10 years ago they strived in keeping employees happy, secure, and gave them hope for a great future with them. International Rectifier Now is rude, careless, condescending, unprofessional company that pushes people out the door with their careless attitude. I would never recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
none.
Cons
salery is at a all time low, no respect for ther employees
Fast paced semiconductor manufacturer, advancement opportunities
Probe Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Temecula caAugust 7, 2013
Troubleshot IC test equipment, every day had a different challenge
due to the equipment complexity. I enjoyed it.
Upgraded my ATE skills, worked in a variety of work groups. Management pretty much transparent at my level, we knew what had to be done, and did it.
Great team spirit, information was freely shared. I enjoyed solving complex problems, it gave a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
generous bonuses
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Good Teams
Qci Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAMay 12, 2015
Excellent training, organization, classes, computer usage, core Qci team was very well trained by myself and very dependable. Meetings every day with Senior Supervisor, Managers and Directors in the am and the pm each day. Helped with organization of more the 350 lots running each quarter. Very long hours with a lot of overtime. Would still be with the company if we hadn't moved to Missouri.
Pros
Great Pay, Organization, Benefits, Co-Workers
Cons
Very long hours, a lot of overtime
Overall I enjoy it working for so many year becuz i learn a lot and i got a lot of experience!!
proto (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 30, 2012
A typical day of work was nice working with out supervision not preasure nice people a lot a respect from each other i work hard for their requirements i was very happy with my job the nothyng was hard to do it. The most enjoyable part of my job was learn and have all
the experience the these job left me.
Pros
i have to work when they need it becuz job always hot!!
Cons
not always have the right person and the right job.
Good mix of engineering tasks. Good work experience
Sr. Staff Component Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose CAJanuary 12, 2015
Good people to work with. Good commute from my home. Nice cubicle to work in with two monitors and laptop. Previous manager was great to work for. Good work hours, some overtime without additional pay. Good size company and the San Jose company has mostly everyone there except no HR or cafeteria.
Pros
good location. good working hours
Cons
noisey sometimes. people are not considerate and noisey.
Productive workplace Co-workers were great
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAMay 4, 2013
First thing was Receiving parts from vendors and delivering to the people that ordered them.Shipped parts did inventory.
Learned the way things were done in this company
Management was great to work for end of months they bought us lunch and coffee and pastry;s in the am.
Co-workers were fun to work with
This job was not that hard to do
How everyone got along with each other
A good place to start your career.
Sr. Design/Product Development Engineer (IGBT) (Current Employee) –  El Segundo CaOctober 9, 2013
As a design engineer I am responsible for several projects at the same time.
1. TCAD simulations
2. Layouts
3. Running lots
4. Data Analysis
5. Characterization of devices
Pros
1. at ir you learn to work with different parts of semiconductor industry.
Cons
opportunities for growth is very limited