The IRC Finance Team seeks to achieve excellence in financial management by providing accurate and timely financial information to IRC management and programs, by adhering to established financial practices and accounting principles, and by ensuring functional financial systems to support the operations.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Senior Manager, Financial Reporting will generate all the Headquarters standard monthly reports and reconciliations; annually manage the preparation of IRC’s financial statement schedules and footnotes, IRS 990; and coordinate with External Relations with respect to external survey, publications and miscellaneous filings.
The Senior Manager, Financial Reporting reports to the Director, Finance & Reporting and will oversee the work of the HQ Accounting Manager & Accounts Receivable Assistant
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct the preparation of the IRC financial statements, IRS Form 990, USAID 1550, and all other external financial reports and financial surveys that are issued on an annual basis.
- Generates the monthly standard reporting including global reconciliation reports, monthly financial statements and other dashboard reports.
- Supervise the work of the Accounting Manager, including the reconciliation of all HQ balance sheet and bank accounts
- Supervise the work of the Accounts Receivable Assistant, including posting of revenue and cash activity as well as general banking activity
- Post require entries for the month-end closing and assist in the fiscal year-end closing
- Work with the external auditors during the annual financial statement and Federal A-133 audits.
- Special projects as assigned by the Director, Finance & Reporting and/or Controller.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Accounting;
- Professional certification is desirable: CPA/CA
- Previous work experience in non-profit environment desired;
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting is required combined with the ability to research and resolve accounting issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be productive under pressure in a fast-paced team environment;
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to be flexible and yet focused & reliable in an environment of frequently changing demands;
- Strong computer skills: facility with MS Word, Excel, various accounting /database software
Please apply at: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IRC&cws=1&rid=9087
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their...