International Rescue Committee

International Rescue Committee United States Employee Reviews

Great Work enviroment
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2015
Great Company to work for. Friendly staff. Great potential for growth. Makes everyone feel like a important part of the team
Very friendly employees and a great cause
Benefits Analyst/Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free coffee, breaks
Cons: no communication
The IRC is a very good company. There isn't much communication with employees, and most feel that the IRC is not a permanent position, but rather a stepping stone to help them get further in their career.

Their cause is very valuable, and the long-time employees are in it for life, but becoming a long-time employee is challenging, as not much info is shared. It is a fun environment with some very nice, friendly and hard-working employees.
Great work environment
Case Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta , GAFebruary 1, 2015
Family friendly environment with and staffed with high quality managment skills, excellent and professionals in their job.
A Fun and Informative Workplace
Education Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
As an education intern I interacted with 60+ refugees daily and developed great relationships. This position gave me the chance to assist the teacher in organizing weekly lesson plans and also gave me the chance to lead classrooms of 50+ students and lead other interns of classroom duties. The experience was extremely informative as it gave a real chance at being a leader and successfully handling classroom on my own.
Great team environment working toward positive social change
Matching Grant Intern (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: internationally-educated staff, working for change
Cons: long commitment periods for certain volunteer programs
As a volunteer for the IRC San Diego, I was given a great opportunity to work with refugees and learn business skills that helped me throughout my own job search process. The environment of the organization fostered team members who were all equal, but responsible for different tasks, creating a workplace built on trust and a very understanding staff.
productive but hard place to work
Field Coordinator - Ganyiel, Unity States (Current Employee), Unity States South SudanSeptember 8, 2014
Have a morning meeting with team. go through challenges with team,share our achievements and see what gaps are there and what could be done. Most enjoyable is the team work. Hard part is dealing with local communities demands
N/A
Volunteer, Employment Development (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 2, 2014
Volunteer at IRC. Met many new people from different backgrounds.
International Rescue Committee
English as a Second Language Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: personal interactions with clients, multiple internship opportunities in varies fields, diversified field, flexible hours
The International Rescue Committee is truly one of the best places where I have been allowed to work with people from different cultures around the world. The environment is very warm and welcoming. As someone looking for personal interactions with other people, this place was the best. You get to work within close, small groups and you feel like you are truly helping someone out.
Machine operation, parts measurements
Ressettlement Shop Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MD 3516 Easter AvenueAugust 1, 2014
Pros: set up the machine, measure produced parts, pack good parts for shipments
Cons: hard work with little pay, short break (30min) in 12 hours.
Report to work 6:00am every morning Monday through Thursday and clock out 6:00pm. Work under supervision within the 12 hours work day. Measure all parts produced using computer based soft ware. Report damaged parts to supervisor and packed good parts for shipment.
Learned how to use computer based software as a tool for measuring manufactured parts. Learned the essence of team work in sharing parts, specification of measurements.
Management were good for instructions and directions to learn the job which drove the learning process to where i got to.
Co-workers were also significant in the learning process especially those who were experienced.
The first ever encounter with machine operation at the beginning of this job was really challenging. But with focus and investment of efforts, the challenge turned into enjoyment.
Operating the machine, after gaining experience, became like a play and done with all simplicity.
Volunteer Work
Family Mentor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2014
It was a great opportunity to show appreciation and do something in return for the international community in Atlanta.
Good company for learning and growing
Global Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2014
I have been working at IRC for over 6 months, and finally got referred to the New York headquarter to better practice my knowledge in Supply Chain Management. In general, I enjoy working with all the colleague and nothing much to be busy with.
Productive. Well organized.
Connect2Work Intern (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 19, 2014
Very helpful when it comes to someone that hasn't graduated and looking for a High School or GED diploma, and also a job. Very helpful with Internships. A good place to get back up on your feet, and leave the door like a professional on a busy day.
Great purpose, great people
Immigration Services Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 7, 2014
I loved the diverse and enthusiastic workforce. Everyone there had a deep sense of purpose and dedication to the cause in which they were working.
Mission Driven organization with Top-Notch Staff
Regional Director, NY (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 4, 2014
IRC is a very dynamic, mission-driven organization. I have the honor of working with amazing, smart, dedicated and fun staff who take the work seriously, but foster camaraderie.
Intern
Resettlement Casework Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2014
Interned in resettlement casework and loved it. Fast-paced, dynamic environment. Great organization.
Family-like atmosphere
Resettlement (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: supportive office staff and co workers, generous pto, flexible schedule when necessary
Cons: low pay, over worked, large caseloads, no room for growth
I love everyone I work with! They are willing to help when ever they can. The management staff is mostly supportive and open, some more than others. The hard part is the low pay for the extensive amount of work that is expected for specific departments. Vacant positions and lay offs have added to the general work load. The pay is lowest for similar positions in metro Atlanta but they offer decent medical and dental benefits and generous paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, and floating holidays) that have to be used.
Working for IRC, I met various communities and learned how the nonprofit organizations operate. Good communication inter-departments.
Contractor Interpreter (Former Employee), Atlanta /GeorgiaFebruary 25, 2014
when it comes to capacity building of iyts staff members , IRC sierra Leone programme is scond to no organisation.
Senior Education Manager (Current Employee), Freetown,February 20, 2014
Pros: capacity building, team work, effective monitoring, programme integration, lobbying with governing
Cons: arbitrary end of contract of some staff members, some staff are favoured
I have lived most of my job life in a participatory line of duty; team work, partnership at organizational level, leadership, Trainings, communications and reporting. I now have a strong background to step up to a new challenge and develop my career pathway, particularly in a rapid growing organizations .
In October 2012, I was awarded the Distinguished Humanitarian SARLO Award ( received in San Francisco) organized by the International Rescue Committee in the USA in recognition of my contribution to improving, especially the lives of displaced and refugee children and women in the Republic of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone while working for the IRC.
over the years ,I have enjoyed working with my colleague staff members . we have lived together as a very large family sharing ideas and building capacities of one another
FIAFI was a good company provided effective service in a war zone
Roving Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee), GlobalFebruary 15, 2014
FIAFI was a good company provided effective service in a war zone
Opportunity to teach computer subjects
Computer Instructor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2014
Opportunity to teach computer subjects such as Microsoft Office

1 2 3

About International Rescue Committee

The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild – Read more

International Rescue Committee Salaries