International Rescue Committee

International Rescue Committee Employee Reviews

when it comes to capacity building of iyts staff members , IRC sierra Leone programme is scond to no organisation.
Senior Education Manager (Current Employee), Freetown,February 20, 2014
Pros: capacity building, team work, effective monitoring, programme integration, lobbying with governing
Cons: arbitrary end of contract of some staff members, some staff are favoured
I have lived most of my job life in a participatory line of duty; team work, partnership at organizational level, leadership, Trainings, communications and reporting. I now have a strong background to step up to a new challenge and develop my career pathway, particularly in a rapid growing organizations .
In October 2012, I was awarded the Distinguished Humanitarian SARLO Award ( received in San Francisco) organized by the International Rescue Committee in the USA in recognition of my contribution to improving, especially the lives of displaced and refugee children and women in the Republic of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone while working for the IRC.
over the years ,I have enjoyed working with my colleague staff members . we have lived together as a very large family sharing ideas and building capacities of one another
FIAFI was a good company provided effective service in a war zone
Roving Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee), GlobalFebruary 15, 2014
FIAFI was a good company provided effective service in a war zone
Opportunity to teach computer subjects
Computer Instructor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2014
Opportunity to teach computer subjects such as Microsoft Office
Fun workplace
Transport Manager (Former Employee), ElfasherJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health insurance
. Cooperate with staff, and look for the field what they need, administration, Logistical, or financial and try to update and solved.
Health Specialist Case Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2013
Pros: flexibility of work schedule
I like to work for the IRC because it offer a challenging and rewarding environment. The combination of diverse staff and great management team makes a thriving and fun environment for all. The staff works as a family rather than co-workers and they always assist each other to address the needs of clients.
It is a learning institute in general
Finance Manager (Current Employee), Shire Field OfficeDecember 2, 2013
* There are strong policies and procedures so that any staff can learn more and more.
* Everybody is free to speak and write to higher level (Open door Policy)
creative and amazing work
Program officer (Current Employee), Derek, SyriaNovember 25, 2013
It was amazing to help people with this NGO specially the people of my own country
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer Translator (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 16, 2013
Great freelance volunteer opportunity that involves helping people who come to the US in search of a better life.
very productive
Volunteer (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 13, 2013
love working with other professionals which help in building my own professional levels.
Health Education Specialist Intern
Health Education Specialist (Current Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: independence, co-workers, opportunity
Cons: downtime
Great,friendly environment where your work is truly fulfilling. With any internship, you have to make your experience what you want because there is a lot of downtime. I met some great people along the way that helped me with networking and job seeking.
Great service.
Volunteer Educational Tutor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 21, 2013
A very challenging, but fulfilling work experience. Meet people from all over the world and hear their stories. Its a great way to get volunteer hours or work experience and a great way to feel like you are making a difference.
very productive, fun environment
Data Management (Former Employee), Addis AbabaSeptember 30, 2013
My stay in the IRC was amazing, I like the environment that I worked in and what the IRC stands for. I would love to join the IRC again.
Learning environement
Independent consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: conflict setting (under rebels control)
I liked working with IRC firstly as an organization working in humanitarian setting where there is a huge need of staff and the kind of my work " Engaging men through accountable practice"in ending violence against women and girls. I think is more about the impact of the work I do than more than just money as we aim to build free violence society where women and girls are free to express their need and access to opportunity.
- I really appreciated working with my colleagues, having the same objective in a challenged setting.
-The hardest time: is when I was not able to go to the field and support field staff because of the fighting in the region. Evacuated and relocated several times.
- It was during the pilot testing activities in one of the community when an old man testified " if I knew that violence against women and girls impacts also my life, I would not deny my girls to go to school. Maybe she could become a doctor and or Minister and could support me and my wife.
Devoted, hard-working environment
Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2013
Pros: clients and workplace environment
Cons: unpaid
I was a summer intern at the International Rescue Committee (IRC) and truly enjoyed my time there. It was when I first became passionate about refugee rights and healthcare advocacy. I learned a great deal about Dallas healthcare and educational systems and was given advancing degrees of responsibility throughout the summer.
The co-workers were wonderful, positive individuals to work with and the management was as efficient as possible. The hardest part of the internship was the unpaid aspect, naturally. However, it was a great experience.
Knowledge about a not profit organization
Volunteer Jenuary (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJune 17, 2013
Pros: knowledge
Cons: no money
Contact with customers
Knowledge about a not profit organization
Organization files and documents
a very nice people
not to receive money
help people
Diverse and professional workplace
Intern at Health and Wellness Department (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 15, 2013
A lot of interaction with people from various countries, various languages and very different cultures. The most enjoyable part of this position was the deep desire in each team member to their coworkers and clients.
Training
Customer service communication (Current Employee), San Diego CAMay 8, 2013
Its training, we work on mock interviews, difficult questions and the answers to those questions.
One of the best NGO in San Diego
Computer Literacy Instructor (Former Employee), San DiegoApril 12, 2013
Doing volunteering jobs. Conducting a computer literacy classes to the new coming refugees. Teach refugees them how useful computers and technology is important in every day life.
good employees to work with .
Arabic Translator (Current Employee), Boise , IDApril 1, 2013
provide interpreting service from english to arabic and from arabic to english in a professional way to ARAC employees and help the Arabic refugees to understand the rules in the united state ,also weekly classes to teach them to find a jobs.
International Rescue committee
Peer Counselor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: n/a
I love the work I did there because it was a great job based an social responsability. As an immigrant I came here with dream and set goals so I wanted to be able to help kids that just came in US get a bit of the knowledge about the American culture and learn the new language. I was also able to help make translation since i speak 5 language.

About International Rescue Committee

The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild – Read more

International Rescue Committee Salaries