International Rescue Committee

International Rescue Committee Employee Reviews

Good company for learning and growing
Global Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2014
I have been working at IRC for over 6 months, and finally got referred to the New York headquarter to better practice my knowledge in Supply Chain Management. In general, I enjoy working with all the colleague and nothing much to be busy with.
Productive. Well organized.
Connect2Work Intern (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 19, 2014
Very helpful when it comes to someone that hasn't graduated and looking for a High School or GED diploma, and also a job. Very helpful with Internships. A good place to get back up on your feet, and leave the door like a professional on a busy day.
Great purpose, great people
Immigration Services Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 7, 2014
I loved the diverse and enthusiastic workforce. Everyone there had a deep sense of purpose and dedication to the cause in which they were working.
Mission Driven organization with Top-Notch Staff
Regional Director, NY (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 4, 2014
IRC is a very dynamic, mission-driven organization. I have the honor of working with amazing, smart, dedicated and fun staff who take the work seriously, but foster camaraderie.
Intern
Resettlement Casework Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2014
Interned in resettlement casework and loved it. Fast-paced, dynamic environment. Great organization.
Family-like atmosphere
Resettlement (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: supportive office staff and co workers, generous pto, flexible schedule when necessary
Cons: low pay, over worked, large caseloads, no room for growth
I love everyone I work with! They are willing to help when ever they can. The management staff is mostly supportive and open, some more than others. The hard part is the low pay for the extensive amount of work that is expected for specific departments. Vacant positions and lay offs have added to the general work load. The pay is lowest for similar positions in metro Atlanta but they offer decent medical and dental benefits and generous paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, and floating holidays) that have to be used.
Working for IRC, I met various communities and learned how the nonprofit organizations operate. Good communication inter-departments.
Contractor Interpreter (Former Employee), Atlanta /GeorgiaFebruary 25, 2014
when it comes to capacity building of iyts staff members , IRC sierra Leone programme is scond to no organisation.
Senior Education Manager (Current Employee), Freetown,February 20, 2014
Pros: capacity building, team work, effective monitoring, programme integration, lobbying with governing
Cons: arbitrary end of contract of some staff members, some staff are favoured
I have lived most of my job life in a participatory line of duty; team work, partnership at organizational level, leadership, Trainings, communications and reporting. I now have a strong background to step up to a new challenge and develop my career pathway, particularly in a rapid growing organizations .
In October 2012, I was awarded the Distinguished Humanitarian SARLO Award ( received in San Francisco) organized by the International Rescue Committee in the USA in recognition of my contribution to improving, especially the lives of displaced and refugee children and women in the Republic of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone while working for the IRC.
over the years ,I have enjoyed working with my colleague staff members . we have lived together as a very large family sharing ideas and building capacities of one another
FIAFI was a good company provided effective service in a war zone
Roving Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee), GlobalFebruary 15, 2014
FIAFI was a good company provided effective service in a war zone
Opportunity to teach computer subjects
Computer Instructor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2014
Opportunity to teach computer subjects such as Microsoft Office
Fun workplace
Transport Manager (Former Employee), ElfasherJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health insurance
. Cooperate with staff, and look for the field what they need, administration, Logistical, or financial and try to update and solved.
Health Specialist Case Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2013
Pros: flexibility of work schedule
I like to work for the IRC because it offer a challenging and rewarding environment. The combination of diverse staff and great management team makes a thriving and fun environment for all. The staff works as a family rather than co-workers and they always assist each other to address the needs of clients.
It is a learning institute in general
Finance Manager (Current Employee), Shire Field OfficeDecember 2, 2013
* There are strong policies and procedures so that any staff can learn more and more.
* Everybody is free to speak and write to higher level (Open door Policy)
creative and amazing work
Program officer (Current Employee), Derek, SyriaNovember 25, 2013
It was amazing to help people with this NGO specially the people of my own country
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer Translator (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 16, 2013
Great freelance volunteer opportunity that involves helping people who come to the US in search of a better life.
very productive
Volunteer (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 13, 2013
love working with other professionals which help in building my own professional levels.
Health Education Specialist Intern
Health Education Specialist (Current Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: independence, co-workers, opportunity
Cons: downtime
Great,friendly environment where your work is truly fulfilling. With any internship, you have to make your experience what you want because there is a lot of downtime. I met some great people along the way that helped me with networking and job seeking.
Great service.
Volunteer Educational Tutor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 21, 2013
A very challenging, but fulfilling work experience. Meet people from all over the world and hear their stories. Its a great way to get volunteer hours or work experience and a great way to feel like you are making a difference.
very productive, fun environment
Data Management (Former Employee), Addis AbabaSeptember 30, 2013
My stay in the IRC was amazing, I like the environment that I worked in and what the IRC stands for. I would love to join the IRC again.
Learning environement
Independent consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: conflict setting (under rebels control)
I liked working with IRC firstly as an organization working in humanitarian setting where there is a huge need of staff and the kind of my work " Engaging men through accountable practice"in ending violence against women and girls. I think is more about the impact of the work I do than more than just money as we aim to build free violence society where women and girls are free to express their need and access to opportunity.
- I really appreciated working with my colleagues, having the same objective in a challenged setting.
-The hardest time: is when I was not able to go to the field and support field staff because of the fighting in the region. Evacuated and relocated several times.
- It was during the pilot testing activities in one of the community when an old man testified " if I knew that violence against women and girls impacts also my life, I would not deny my girls to go to school. Maybe she could become a doctor and or Minister and could support me and my wife.
Headquarters