INTERNATIONAL SHOPPES Employee Reviews

worse company
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
this is the worse company to work they have no employees and their management is not profesional. there is no respect to the employees and treat you like a kids.
the pay is bad and the comission they keep almost haft of it 47% to be specifit so if you work hard for you money you will no see it. their benefits are super expensive to afford it and hard to find a doctors who accept they insurances. crazy HRS YOU Don't have a set schedule because is always changing.
Pros
discount
Cons
too much discrimination
Great job.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 7, 2017
I had a great experience. I learned a lot and each day was different which made it eventful. Working with the traveling public is very rewarding. International Shoppes provided me with a great opportunity for growth.
International shoppes/dutty free
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 18, 2017
you can't really a predict your day. somedays were slow others were busy. management are very helpful, i just wished that they had a little more communication among themselves. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful when i stated my first day. i would definitely recommend this job to a friend.
Pros
hourly rate went up
Cons
short breaks, food at the airport is way to expensive
International Shoppes is a fast-pace, fun and interactive work place.
Fasion (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MAApril 9, 2017
International Shoppes is a fast-pace, fun and interactive work place.From this job I have learned to work with many different personalities, and I have learned to work in many different positions.
Pros
40% Discounts
Cons
short Breaks
calm
Sales (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 1, 2017
calm environment
worked alone in office
sales
no need of supervisor
able to communicate with employees and management
small upcoming company no room for growth
Love it!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 9, 2017
I loved this company. Everyone was friendly and helpful. You received a raise every year and there were lots of opportunities for overtime work and holiday pay.
Poor management!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2016
Job is a job. There will be always something wrong in the job if management is doing whats right.

Not a bad place to work at the airport. But dealing with the TSA everyday with a rude passengers and they don't understand that you have to go to work is one of the cons.

Multitasking as a sales associate is fun! It allows the day goes faster. But having a supervisor or management do more than what you suppose to is one of the cons. So my advice don't do more because they will take advantage of it and you will not be paid! The more you give the more they take!

Thats right the more you give the they take! Don't expect for promotion unless they see you. This company has favoritism. My advice don't expect to be growing to this company.

Think before you apply! Its like a book. It has a nice cover but it has a bad content!
Pros
Well, guarantee 40 hours a week.
Cons
Promises are ment to be broken! They just know how to promise but it never meant to be done!
Horrible company
emplotyee (Former Employee) –  JFK Airport, NYJuly 24, 2016
The owners of this company need to do something to change this company. Salaries are very low, benefits are horrible, and the expectations are huge. Owners and senior leadership does not care much; they only care about making money.
What I learned in my job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  JFK, JamaicaJune 25, 2016
Everyday I have to speak with people from different countries and it is very interesting learn about their culture and habits.
Etic place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  JFKJune 12, 2016
Too much stress for little money.
Management have favoritism
Etic place to work

It is very stressful to go every day to the airport. First I have to go to the parking area, then take the air train that takes me to the terminal I work, then I have to go thru security. It was a lot of hassle only to get in there. Then I have the second schedule which is from 3 to 11.
Then I worked 8 hours with a break of 45 minutes.
My job consisted in help customer in the sale processing, delivery the packages to the gates, cleaning, fixing and keeping the store neat and clean.
Pros
Comision every three months
Cons
too many hours standing up
Learning Experience
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2016
This is a sales job where commission was offered and was quite beneficial. It was located in the International Terminal of the airport and therefore I got the chance to meet with many people of different cultures,
Interesting workplace where I knew so many people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MASeptember 6, 2015
I always started my shift cleaning and counting the items.

I enjoyed working there because I had a opportunity to know

so many people(customers-passengers) from diffrent parts of the

world.

There I met also my best friend.

I learned having a good communications skills and smiling

sells and makes people to feel welcome and comfortable.

I don't have anything to tell about management:NO COMENT.
Great working enviroment and learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  JFK international airport Terminal 5September 3, 2015
Company is great , the harder you work the more rewards , great diverse coworkers . opportunity to learn other languages and custom .Front office is great , just not enough room to move up ..
Pros
good hours, great customers
Cons
favortism and completely new management
International shoppes
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYAugust 13, 2015
The job is fine but the problem is always with the employees, they gossip more than they work. Management was never involved in anything that goes on.
Growing Company
Truck Driver/ Warehouse/ General Labor (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJune 4, 2015
Great time schedules 6am-2:30pm Mon-Fri Weekend avail also.
Overall good production of work. Management and staff are not the best to work along with but its due-able.
Pros
Guaranteed Overtime
Cons
Cut short on lunch breaks
Another day at work
Cashier/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 27, 2015
Personalty in all my years of retail experience, this wasn't what I expected at all, especially in an Airport. I expected more professionalism, all I saw was poor management. They will tell you, you win prizes for selling a certain amount but never give you the prize.
Pros
Job at the airport
Cons
Short Breaks, Bad Pay, Poor Management, Too Much Drama.
Fun place. Every day I see hundreds of different people from all over the world. Great experience.
(JFK) Beauty Supervisor (Current Employee) –  jamaica, nyFebruary 16, 2015
I open our store. Register. Prepare everything. Have a short meeting with other employees where we discuss our plan, changes that might take place etc. Then my day starts. Depending on how busy we are. I help beauty advisors ,customers etc
Benefits
Cons
Crazy schedule.
great place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 16, 2014
I have learned many things working for this company. I wished i have learned more about sale and technical aspect. I had two great manager.
A job well sold.
Beauty Advisor Hermes and Ferragamo (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 15, 2014
Expected something different. Not a bad company to work for, just do your job and smile.
Pros
opportunity to grow
Cons
lunch break too short
Diverse workplace which makes it a little bit fun.
Kiehl's beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2014
It is located in the airport therefore you meet different people flying to different places hence this exposure helps you improve your customer service skills.
Cons
you have to go through the security check point daily!