International SOS Employee Reviews in United States

Hard Working
International Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAFebruary 26, 2016
The day stars with a transmission of cases. Then we take calls helping people with doctor appointments and in some case evacuations to hospitals.
Pros
3 days 1h shift
Cons
Very fun and interesting job.
Communication Specialist Executive (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 21, 2016
The job was very unique, and they paid well,. Some times the down side would be the call volume; its not a big company so some times the call volume could be overwhelming. It was a good learning opportunity.
Pros
12 hour days and 4 days off. Good benefits and management was great.
Cons
n/a
interesting
Disciplined and confident Physician (Current Employee) –  Al BaşrahApril 2, 2016
I am working with International sos, with full time , the most beneficial thing the communication with different nationality of people
I have a full satisfaction with the nature and work system of Int.SOScompany
Site Nurse (Current Employee) –  Total Oil Co. - Yemen - Sayon ( Hadramot)July 12, 2015
- Our duty 12 Hr. from 6 Am TO 6 Pm distributed between site clinic and Camp , one month duty and one month off with my back .
- Our management only First aid serves and Training for employees - Food inspections - Camp Hygiene
- I take Maine courses online with Int.SOS as : BLS , Ebola virus management ....etc
Hardest part : The wither is very hot in summary and dry,cold in the winter .
Enjoyable part is friendly relationship during duty's .
Pros
Constantly inspections from H.S.E ( Audit team)
Cons
Slow implementation of reforms and proposals
Bad System
Supply chain (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaSeptember 30, 2015
Not reall a good company to work for . Everything is Manual and no system automated . Until now is still using alot of manual work to process on Supplies
Pros
Good and nice colleague
Cons
Bad system management
Great Company, Bad Culture
Operations (Former Employee) –  TrevoseJune 1, 2014
If the company extended its main message of "Human Touch" to its employees, it would be an amazing place to work. Offices abroad have better management, therefore, better retention and career progression which is not the case in the Philadelphia office.
Intl SOS
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAJuly 19, 2015
I process 50-300 checks weekly. I process up to 75 domestic and international wires and ach weekly. I am in constant communication with providers and vendor both domestic and internationally daily.
Pros
Lots of events for employees, volunteer oppprtunities
Cons
Hardlly any breaks, barely time to have lunch, work late all the time
***
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAMarch 28, 2015
The company expected long work hours & unreasonably small compensation for them. On job training is not provided. The systems are poor.
Abysmal - great staff, hopeless management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  AsiaSeptember 3, 2014
Constantly banging your head against a brick wall - and getting no where. Lack of communication - am positive that is company directive as is just appalling. Dysfunctional, far too many chiefs who don't know their job, and the underlings work like Trojans. No training - no support, constantly have to battle for every inch, in the end I was just too worn down and so tired. The mental strain and headaches I was getting - not worth working yourself into a grave for. Just too hard constantly having to battle for every little thing. Poor resources, no support, no training - but boy oh boy - is their criticism quick sharp & swift. Show initiative and drive and you'll soon be out the door. What ever you do, don't outshine management.
What I learned - how some people are good at bluffing their way into good jobs and making themselves appear important
Co-workers - great, but high staff turn over. So many people dissatisfied and fed up
Hardest part of the job - was trying to stay positive.
Most enjoyable part of the job - resigning. Life is far too short to begrudge and detest having to go into work every day with such regret.
Pros
learnt how not to run a company
Cons
dreadful shocking lack of communication by management - no support
Military
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAOctober 27, 2014
On a day to day basis I help our military members and their families find care in all Latin America. The hardest part of my job is having to advise a family member that there is no etiquette care available in their locaition.

In the 4 years I have worked for my company, I have learned so much. I had an oppurtunity to join the management internship program, rank the highest in quality and so much more.
Producive and people oriented company
Senior Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 25, 2014
International SOS is a people oriented company. They give their people the chance to grow by continuously giving them trainings and chance to move to different departments. The management have an open door policy wherein anyone has a chance to voice to voice out what they feel and need.
Pros
people oriented
Excellent Company
Finance (Current Employee) –  PAMarch 11, 2015
SOS is truly a company that cares for their employees. Everyone is driven and motivated individuals. I consider myself lucky to have found such a great company to build a career with.
Most Level Company to Work for.
Remote Site Paramedic/Liaison (Current Employee) –  Southeast AsiaAugust 12, 2013
Lets face it, if you are doing contract work, no matter what company, area, or job, it is all about what you are willing to put up with, and can you be compensated for it. Of the standard challenges to working remote, ISOS seems to handle them better than other companies, with the minimum of red tape and bureaucracy. Not to say that it doesnt exist, but it is minimized.

We have good equipment, good communication, good support, and very competitive pay. If you dont want to get paid a ton to get shot at, it is a great company. There is a lot of flexible options for sites all over the world, and different rotational time requirements depending on sites.

It is the kind of company you can get in with, and stay with for as long as you choose, should you choose to. I am happy working for them, and get paid appropriately for what I do, and where I do it. There are more jobs and companies with higher pay, but also with much higher risks.

As with any company, you will work with a few people that make you question the HR dept, but again, it is a minimum compared to other companies. For the most part they hire qualified and competent people, and those that are not, usually find their own way to the door. I have never seen it as a reflection of the company, but rather the person being lacking in most cases.
Pros
rotations, pay, support, flexibility
Good Company To Work
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  New DelhiDecember 30, 2012
Nice Working Environment
Learned so many tools
Hardest part of Job is less employee to work on so many projects
Enjoyable part of the job is nice senior management.
ok company to work for
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PADecember 21, 2014
People not so nice, great pay and very challenging
Good place to work; nice benefits; good people.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAMay 21, 2013
Employees are encouraged be creative and solve the problems as best they can.
Pros
benefits; vacation time; flex schedule
Cons
technology is not current; communication from mgt is lacking
This company provides medical and security evacuations to individual consumers and companies travelling abroad.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PADecember 22, 2014
I worked for this company for 20 years. I held different positions during that time period. I saw the company go through many changes. It constantly grew in size. I believe they provided valuable products to both corporations and individual consumers.
Good company with bad management
International Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAApril 19, 2014
The vision of this place is awesome however the management staff are just as bad as any manager can get.
n/a
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2014
Company is interested in promoting from within, if diligent work ethic persist, there is a plausible chance for growth.
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PADecember 16, 2014
This is a good place to work for people just starting off. The people you work with all all young and very diverse to work with. It is a very fast paced environment.
Pros
pay
Cons
work shift

International SOS Reviews by Location