International Sports Management Employee Reviews

fun but challenging work envirorment
Account executive (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 10, 2016
basic everyday duties are strictly cold calling. Very difficult to sell a package. Management is steady but could be better.
Pros
nice people and fun work environment
Cons
cold calling all day
Falsely advertised in the interview
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 19, 2015
The job is just over minimum wage but they draw you in with commission. They make it sound like it will be a breeze. Parking is 11 dollars a day and you are cold calling, lying to people to squeeze out info on higher ups and then harassing these people to get a sale. You get hung up on a lot and the managers make it out to be your fault. I talked with the people that had started before me and it had been 4 months and only one of them had made a sale and weeks had passed since that sale and he was back to being hung up on. They do not happen consistently so the commission is really not as good as its made out to be especially when you're forking out that much for parking.
Too much phone time.
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Cold calling all day. Never had any individual meetings with customers. They should have allowed for more face time with clients.
Pros
Great commision plan.
Cons
Salary wasn't enough.
Non productive work environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee , WisNovember 14, 2014
I was discriminated against, and not given the opportunity to fully explore my potential there. I had leads, and sales taken from me by the management staff, and was terminated before I could protest the situation. This was not a good place to work.
Pros
Good potential sales position.
Cons
Salary was very low
International Sports Management
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2014
*Sold corporate hospitality packages for major sporting events to Fortune 1000 companies.
Great Training and Excellent Ability to Grow
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 3, 2014
I started with the company a little more then a year ago and have been recently promoted to Team Lead. I was able to accomplish this through the help of my GM, DOS and Sales Managers. They coached and taught the true ways to become a successful salesman. The motivation and guidance we hear every day has made this job exciting, adrenaline fueled, fun and most opportunistic for my career path in sales and in life.

Overall: This has been the best opportunity and a great environment to work for. Learn the Sales trait/skills from Professionals that give their own time to help you whenever needed. Definetly a versed and dedicated staff.
Pros
Helpful enviroment, Positive co-workers, Great Location, PingPong Table, Great Leadership, Weekends Off, Promotes within the company
Cons
I honestly can't say I have a Con with ISM.
Terrible
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2014
B2B phone sales of a product nobody buys. Avoid this company.
Not the best company to work for, but they give you a chance
Account Executive/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2013
I knew nothing about Golf and started selling corporate hospitality to the PGA Championship, Final Four and Superbowl. It would be a good company if management would pay their bills on time, and stop telling clients that they have a 5 star venue, instead of a 2 star dump!
Pros
They give anyone a chance and help them succeed
Cons
Minimum wage pay, plus commissions
Unless you like cold calling all day every day, pass on this "opportunity"...
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 1, 2012
This is a good job for people who prefer to hide behind the phone and have some very thick skin. IF you are able to get past secretaries and administrative assistants (and don't be fooled - they all have caller ID and know a cold call coming from a mile away), chances are it is only to humor the person on the other end. Of the thousand or so calls I had made, I was able to pitch 10 people, 4 of whom I had personal connections prior to taking this position. You are usually calling the same company as the guy at the desk next to you, which makes for an awkward conversation.

Management at the time was a joke and full of colorful stories about how great the company is. Its been a few years since I made the decision to leave on my terms, and hopefully management has improved. I can tell you that the reason this company is constantly hiring is because the position isn't worth the pay. Most of those that were there on the first day with myself were gone within the month (and the best part, if you don't work a full month you get ZERO pay).
Pros
m-f schedule, no weekends or holidays
Cons
packages were way overpriced, management is only looking to cover themselves
International Sports Management
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 2, 2012
Typical day consisted of coming into the office and get right on the phones to call the companies and tell them about the sports packages we had available for their company and top clients. I learned that when dealing top level executives they are all about business and getting the business out the way is most important. In that time you can build rapport while discussing. Small talk is not important to them off initial meeting. Management and co-workers were both enjoyable for the short time I was employed there. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the administrative assistants while trying to contact the top level executive of a particular compnay.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Church owned
Receptionist/Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2012
At the time, Active memeber of the NOI. A great place to work ! It was a good steping stone starting out in the work force.
Great work/life balance. Good exposure to corporate experience.
Portfolio Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2012
Good exposure to corporate client atmosphere. Hard to advance past current position.
Overall work environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 7, 2012
This company is excellent to work for. Very competitive compensation with salary and sales commissions. They do have minor issues with management professionalism; nothing that can't be overcome.
Pros
salary plus sales commission, weekends off, stable work load, flexible break times, long lunch (60 mins), full benefits, ability to work from home on salesforce
Cons
strict no slack attendance policy, unprofessional language use in the office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Sports Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5