International Student Exchange

International Student Exchange Employer Reviews

Meeting and talking with a variety of new people daily
Area Representative (Current Employee), Babylon, NYOctober 7, 2014
Pros: you make your own schedule
Cons: pay is based on commission
Working with exchange students and host families is never dull. You are learning something new all the time. It can be fast paced, or slow paced. You set your own hours. Your pay depends on how much and how hard you work.
Brought the world to me
Area Representative (Current Employee), Babylon, NYSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: i get to meet a lot of wonderful people! also, i learn a lot about different cultures around the world.
Cons: pay is low, only about enough to cover personal expenses. there are no insurance benefits.
I met with local high schools to obtain permission for foreign student attendance. Once I had their permission, I would search for potential host families in that district, through display booths, presentations, and phone calls. I screened potential host families; if they met our criteria, I would search through our students to find at least 2 good – more... matches for that family. Once the family chose a student, then I would provide information to both parties so they could contact one another and establish a relationship. I would then follow up with the school and enroll the student within their school. I would train the host families prior to the student's arrival. Once the student arrived, I would contact the family and student multiple times each month, in person, monitoring progress and troubleshooting any problems that arose. I would assist other representatives by providing home observations and reports. I would plan at least 3 activities a year for all of my students and families. I would also chaperon the Iowa State Student Leadership Conference. I would keep in close contact with the schools to monitor student performance, both academically and socially. When the school year came to an end, I would closely monitor each student to make sure they encountered no problems with their return home. After the students returned to their countries, I would meet and follow up with their host families, ask them if they would host again, and process them as needed. – less
My First Job
Receptionist (Former Employee), Babylon, NYAugust 19, 2012
In high school I took this part-time job so I could afford to get my nails done. I know it sounds silly but I am firm believer that if there's a will, there's a way. When I got there I would take all the phone messages and pass them out to the other employees and forward any e-mails that came into the general e-mail box. When the phone wasn't ringing – more... there was a table in the corner with papers in the order they were to be gathered and stapled in. I would take one from each pile and then staple them together to fill as many boxes as I could. Most of the other employees worked in the building next to the one I worked in so I rarely conversed with them except to drop off their messages or forward calls to them. There wasn't much to it but it was my first step towards becoming an working adult. – less
Amazing work helping international students experience American culture.
Director of Program Services (Current Employee), Babylon, NYApril 25, 2012
There is no typical day when working with international students and agents. I spend my time working with Information Technology, ensuring Compliance with the Department of State and helping to develop more effective ways to train our staff.

November 27, 2012

how much do these jobs generally pay?

February 26, 2013

I just applied for a Part Time Foreign Exchange Student Representative in Hartford, Ct. This position looks very interesting as my last position was working with Nutmeg Big Brother Big Sister matching at risk children with an adult volunteer. Could you tell me more about working with this organization?

About International Student Exchange

ISE is a world class organization that brings exchange students to the United States to live with loving American host families. – Read more