International Student Volunteers

International Student Volunteers Employer Reviews

Wonderful experience with like minded people
Volunteer (Former Employee), Puerto El Morro, EcuadorSeptember 17, 2012
I and the other volunteers would start off the day being stationed at various projects around the town. Some days I taught English, other days I help replant mangroves with the local Eco-club. It was a great experience that taught me what was truly valuable in life and I was able to make life long friends and memories.
Volunteer
International Student Volunteer (Former Employee), Moldova, RomaniaDecember 9, 2012
Went to Romania with my peers to help plan programs and activities for young children to help them learn the English Language better.
Most amazing experience!
Volunteer, (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCDecember 7, 2012
Pros: amazing job environment, richness of culture, generally happy atmosphere
Cons: work hours vary
I went to South Africa for a month to volunteer and devote my time to children who suffer abuses at home and are exposed to things like drugs and alcohol at a young age. A typical work day would consist of teaching 4 classes about various issues concerning health, self-esteem and substance abuse. It required patience, organization and preparedness for – more... each day. My co-workers and I were granted the chance to interact with young adolescents on a personal and intimate level.

The hardest part of the job was leaving our students to an environment that is not conducive to proper growth and maturity development. It was heartbreaking to be apart with the children who were a big part of our everyday lives.

The most rewarding part of the job is knowing that I made a difference in their lives. It inspired to me to keep on going and it helped me decide that a job concerning helping children is the career I want to do. I thank my students for changing my life. – less

About International Student Volunteers

International Student Volunteers, Inc is a non-profit public benefit corporation and is organized under the Non-profit Public – Read more