International Studies Abroad Employee Reviews

Great Job for Recent College Graduates
University Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 18, 2015
A family business that has grown exponentially without covering the basics in terms of company organization, infrastructure and management.
All employees must have some sort of international background, which makes the staff very diverse.
Advances in the company are generally based on personal relationships rather than own merits.
Highly recommendable for college graduates.
Awesome company to intern for!
Global Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MI; Austin, TXJune 29, 2015
I was responsible for working with the International Programs Office at Northern Michigan University to promote study abroad through ISA. I had to set my own schedule and keep myself motivated through this internship. My duties included: Acting as a peer mentor during Study Abroad Fairs and Coffee Chats held by the IPO, preparing and presenting classroom presentations, and holding information tables around campus.

The most difficult part of the job was the paperwork and contacting multiple departments weekly for permission to do certain events. It was also challenging to discuss the idea of Study Abroad with students, but also very rewarding.
Pros
Social Interaction
Fun, low work life balance
Senior Global Ambassador on Campus (Former Employee) –  Boston MAMay 23, 2015
Managers are great people but expect too much of employees. GA conference in Austin was fun but the low starting salaries made me not want to pursue a career there.
Wonderful community and lots of fulfillment
Employee (Current Employee) –  AustinApril 30, 2015
ISA is a great company that is full of young and like-minded people. There is huge diversity among employees, but everyone has a passion for travel, international education, and helping others have amazing experiences just like they did.

This is a company, not a social group, so yes there are sometimes decisions made my management that people are not always happy about. However, I have always felt supported by my superiors and encouraged to grow personally and professionally. The student experience is at the heart of everything ISA does.

A big plus about this company is that it is not stuck in the past. They are always looking for ways to get better and innovate. They encourage employees to find new ways to do things, and have a solid foundation. Employees are expected to do whatever necessary to get the work done (ie: stay late) but that's any job! Personally, I'd rather do that for a company that has passion and has a mission I believe in.

This is also a company that provides opportunities for those just out of college, so it's great that there is not always needed experience. They will teach you what you need to know to succeed! A position at ISA can be the start to a great career OR a spring board for your future career elsewhere.
Pros
green, fun, community, employees
Cons
benefits aren't the best
Study Abroad Company
Senior Global Ambassador Intern (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 3, 2015
A company that truly wants students to go abroad any way possible so the student can have that invaluable experience. They're an extremely personable company.
Great mission, misguided leadership
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Company with the great purpose of sending students abroad, however the leadership lead to a poor working environment.
Nice People
Resident Director Madrid (Former Employee) –  Spain, BelgiumMarch 11, 2014
Nice people to work with. Lots of teamwork. You learn how to react to emergencies and you learn a lot form other people's experiences.