International Technological University (ITU) is a non-profit graduate university located in the heart of Silicon Valley. We were founded with the two-prong mission/vision of bridging cutting-edge theory with practical application and globalizing the best of American education. The past few years have been filled with significant growth and development in both programs and size. The university is now seeking applications for the Ruby on Rails Developer who will be joining our existing development team
Come join a team where your contribution will show immediate change. We are using the latest technologies to work on cutting edge projects. We are a forward thinking organization that has embraced ROR and supporting SW.
The developer will work directly with the project manager to gain a strong understanding of the problem domain and to iteratively refine the applications as they are built.
He or she will work with the entire application stack, from helping to design the database and building sophisticated model classes, to writing templates, to layering on a richer user experience.
The developer will have experience with automated testing and function as a testing advocate, working with the larger team to develop and extend such capacities.
Skills & Requirements
- Expertise in Ruby on Rails
- 3 years of experience developing software on a release schedule
- Linux server administration knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with Web 2.0 technologies and frameworks - HTML5/CSS3
- Solid understanding of MVC, OOP and strong familiarity with principles of relational databases.
- Experience accessing APIs of external systems.
- Significant experience designing, developing, and deploying Ruby on Rails applications.
- Experience with automated web application unit, acceptance, and regression testing (rSpec, Shoulda, Test: Unit).
- Education: 4-year Bachelors Degree, or equivalent experience
- Good to have strong knowledge on MySQL Data base
- Good to have knowledge on cloud server’s deployment (Rackspace/Amazon AWS)
- Creative problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-profile environment
- Ability to mentor other developers
International Technological University (ITU) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who further diversify our faculty and staff is warmly welcome.