International Technological University (ITU) is a WASC accredited, non-profit graduate
university located in the heart of Silicon Valley. The university was founded in 1994
by the late Dr. Shu-Park Chan with the two-pronged mission/vision of bridging cutting-
edge theory with practical application and of globalizing the best of American education.
The past few years have been filled with significant growth and development in both
programs and size.
The university is now seeking applications for a Web Developer who will report directly to the Website Manager. This person will support current infrastructure by tracking and updating informational or developmental changes on the website. He/She will also implement new technologies from research to development stages for improving website informational organization, and UI/UX for all ITU websites. In addition, he/she is responsible for creating websites from new or modified templates using best code optimization and SEO practices for current and new projects.
- Gather needed information to develop a given website or landing page.
- Research or provide input when issue arises, or solution is required.
- Consider features to improve user experience through suggestions and testing in stage environment.
- Execute and update tasks as completed according to project timeline.
- Review website current and requested content to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Update university information as needed on website.
- Track and fix requests by other departments.
- Work independently to ensure that tasks are completed.
- Communicate website issues with manager.
- Must have PHP/HTML/CSS knowledge.
- 1+ years of professional experience developing websites in corporate environment.
- Proven experience developing themes and plugins for WordPress or other CMS.
- Knowledge of SEO integration.
- Familiarity with modern web development trends.
- Goal-oriented and team player.
- Good organizational skills.
- Desired skills:
o Experience with developing or manipulating WordPress or other CMS themes/plugins
o Knowledge of mobile website development
o Good understanding of UX