A start-up transportation company is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to be part of our management team in an advisory role. This is a management-level role requiring a time commitment of 3 - 5 hours a week working remotely. Initial compensation will be in the form of company equity shares with the potential of joining the company on a full time basis after the vesting period.
- Collaborates with the board to define the organization’s vision and develop strategies for achieving that vision.
- Lead and oversee the implementation and execution of the company’s long and short term plans in accordance with its strategy.
- Monitor strategies for ensuring the long-term financial viability of the organization
- Oversees the operations of the organization and manages its compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees staff in developing annual budgets that support operating plans
- Oversee general marketing strategy and tactics to include content, production and distribution of all marketing and advertising materials
- Act as a liaison between management and the Board
- Assess the principal risks of the Company to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed
- Develop financial projections based on company strategy and goals
- Develop pricing strategy and revenue model
- Monitor and evaluate company financial performance
- Develop corporate core values in conjunction with the Board
- Attend management meetings with C-level executives as required
- Assume role as a company Public Relations representative
- Must have experience as a corporate executive with multi-million dollar P&L and/or budget responsibilities
- Proven track record of improving net earnings and revenues
- Must have broad experience with the full range of business functions including finance, marketing and accounting
- Business acumen and multidisciplinary entrepreneurial skills
- Strategic management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Prior transportation/courier industry experience a plus
- Prior experience in a start-up managerial role a plus
- BA or BS required; MBA a plus
Indeed - 12 months ago
International Courier Company