Successful ecommerce business is in search for a CTO whose responsibilities will include but are not limited to working with the CEO, COO, and other various department heads to understand the company's vision of growth and future, managing the development staff, IT support staff, and overall IT networking hardware and infrastructure of the organization. The ideal candidate will identify and enhance the organization's systems that could be streamlined through new processes and using existing and cutting edge technology.
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the company’s technological development. The CTO works with Executive Management to grow the company through the use of technological resources. CTO must effectively lead / architect scalable and stable IT processes / systems. Using an active and practical approach, the CTO will direct all employees in IT and IO departments to attain the company’s strategic goals established in the company’s strategic plan.
- Identify and optimize ROI of the company's technology investments.
- Ability to wear many hats in the organization while building a competent structure and support for IT and development.
- Strong reporting background and experience with analytics.
- Familiarity with security compliance standards and impact on the organization.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, production and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
Education and Experience:
- Proven expertise in e-commerce and online B2C businesses as well as B2B solutions.
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies (AGILE / SCRUM / XP).
- Experience in managing, planning for, and mitigating IT risk.
- BS in related field and at least 15 years’ experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 10 years management and strategic experience in this field or MBA/MS in related filed with 10 years’ experience, 7 of which must be managerial and strategic.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills and ability to act as a standing business analyst.
Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.