Internet Brands Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2017
Fast-paced, detail oriented and professional environment. Great staff and lots of fun activities planned throughout. I learned a lot from all my co-workers as everyone's goal is to help grow.
Great place to work!!
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  New Providence, NJJuly 12, 2017
Relaxed environment that encourages independent thinking, initiative and accomplishment! Great people who understand the concepts of teamwork and cooperation!
Find something else.
Website Designer (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 23, 2017
There is a ton of favoritism & the managers don't even bother trying to hide it. They overwork the people they don't like & expect the quality of work to not decline as a result. People are constantly leaving but the company doesn't bother adjusting to keep their best employees. They're more willing to buy a team lunch & expensive 1-time gifts than give people what they're worth pay-wise. This place is really only good for getting some experience so you can get your foot in the door. Most people don't stay here past a year because it's just not worth it.
Pros
Good people in your direct team
Cons
Absolutely everything besides what is mentioned in the pros.
Legal Marketing Specialist
Legal Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 22, 2017
Hours are good, but what they don't tell you is it is a telemarketing job. You have to source your own business, or call leads that have no or wrong information when given. If you do get a lead from management it's an old declined lead. I have never seen such a high turn over rate. Six people left or were terminated within a week of getting on the floor. I was lead to believe they cared about your success only to find controlling management, lying about top producer who was being fed, and being stuck in a territory where business is lacking. So if you do come on make sure you pick a California time zone at least there is plenty of business. East coast is over called and most attorneys don't have the budget for marketing. The ones that do are already a customer of our sister company and they offer lead generation as well. So expect to call at least 130 calls per day and have to source your business on top of that.
Pros
Free lunch once a month, gym on site, giveaways and healthcare.
Cons
It's not what your lead to believe if I had known I would not have come aboard.
Less Pay as compared to the work given
Web Development Intern (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 6, 2017
The good part is the HR team. They are very helping and make sure that they resolve employee's concern. They keep organizing small event for Team building.
The bad thing is the project management and pay. Lot of work is demanded even from intern for very low pay and very little Knowledge Transfer. Proper resources are not provided and you need to keep asking to make arrangements and it takes days which in turn affects the work.
Fun and Casual Culture
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job is definitely the people on your team. All throughout this company you will find amazing people who genuinely like working together.
Pros
Culture, Growth, Fun
Cons
Comp, Management
Good Place to work and grow
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 11, 2016
Environment and colleagues are great.
The work culture is also great.
The daily scrum meeting are very productive and informative.
There is health competition in the organization.
Good freelance options
Freelance Copywriter (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 10, 2016
Management is great, as is the company culture. You won't get a heavy work load, if you're a contractor, though. All in all, this company receives a solid four to five stars.
Pros
Solid pay
Cons
Low workload
Fun place to get started with your career
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2016
Enjoyable place to get started with your career, however very low pay compared to the industry. Once you complete a year don't expect more than 3% raise. This company makes a lot of money but squeezes the employees salaries and hourly pay.
Pros
No pressure from management.
Cons
No good training to start working at this place, and the in house training to develop employees does not exist, and promotion within not necessarily existent.
Regional Account Executive Position
Regional Account Executive (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 22, 2015
For a short time, I worked for Internet Brands' Automotive Vertical. They own/operate 130+ special interest online community forum signs. My position entailed contacting prospective vendors and offering them an array of digital ad options, managing how those impressions would be delivered/targeted and maintaining contact with the client to report on performance. This was a great place to work, with a truly amazing, patient boss and extremely pleasant co-workers. The most challenging task was making cold calls to new clients. The most enjoable part of this job was the feeling of being appreciated and working with great people in a super pleasant environment
Pros
Company events and sales incentives.
Cons
Parking
Would like to join again
Software Development Intern (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 15, 2015
I was at El Segundo, California which is the heaadquaters. Good Company to work for! Flexible work schedule and good work culture!
Work as TEMP in AP
AP (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 11, 2015
I was talked nicely during the interview. They promise me to give extra staff doing to fulfill my personal interests. Later I got to know they just want someone help them out during their monthly closing. After monthly closing, they start to give me hard time. every TEMP runs monthly.Suggest never work in their AP department, the management does not care about you and even not consider you and treat you like a human being! They treat AR poeple nicely.
Pros
Nice working environment, nice people (some)
Cons
Bad management
top 50th internet property
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 15, 2015
Pockets of awesome team culture with great people. Challenges with bringing innovation. Good place to learn and develop your personal skill. Development is slow but typical for a big company.
Great co-workers, but currently going through growing pains
Legal Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 7, 2015
The people that work here are great but the compensation is on the lower end of the spectrum. That is fine if you are looking for an entry-level job. If you are looking for a career, look elsewhere unless you are placed directly into management.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good commission structure
Cons
Low low base salary, saturated market
Okay place
Junior Web Developer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 21, 2015
Okay to gain experience.
Do not pay at market value.
High turn over rate.
People are great, but upper management doesn't adjust to keep people.
Good mix
Content Writer & Editor (Current Employee) –  CAMay 12, 2015
This job is never the same, as each day offers new products. I like variety. I also like the freedom to set my own hours and work from home. I only wish they offered health benefits or vacation, but the pay is good and there is also the ability to make more.
Pros
good pay, flexibility, variety
Cons
no paid vacation or healthcare
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 14, 2015
The coworkers are very friendly and the atmosphere is very relaxed. There is also free dress code so if you want to wear flip flops to work it is acceptable.
Terrible company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesMarch 5, 2015
Terrible company, pay is horrible, no room for growth, management talks down to employees. Can not wait to get another job anywhere.
Pros
Nice view
Cons
poor pay, poor management, poor products, poor me
Good place to learn and get out
AD SALES PLANNER (Current Employee) –  El SegundoJuly 19, 2014
This company is at the low end of online companies. The pay is far below average and the management is poor.
Pros
You will meet great people
Cons
Everything else
Good First Job
Account Manger - Health Division (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 2, 2014
I appreciate my time at Internet Brands as a place to start a career. I have learned valuable management and marketing skills that will take me forward. My co-workers have been the best part. Very easy to work with and get along with. The same goes for my manager.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Compensation