Internet Brands Employee Reviews

Good Place to work and grow
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 11, 2016
Environment and colleagues are great.
The work culture is also great.
The daily scrum meeting are very productive and informative.
There is health competition in the organization.
Good freelance options
Freelance Copywriter (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 10, 2016
Management is great, as is the company culture. You won't get a heavy work load, if you're a contractor, though. All in all, this company receives a solid four to five stars.
Pros
Solid pay
Cons
Low workload
Fun place to get started with your career
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2016
Enjoyable place to get started with your career, however very low pay compared to the industry. Once you complete a year don't expect more than 3% raise. This company makes a lot of money but squeezes the employees salaries and hourly pay.
Pros
No pressure from management.
Cons
No good training to start working at this place, and the in house training to develop employees does not exist, and promotion within not necessarily existent.
Demanding and rewarding
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 12, 2015
IB is doing a terrific job to thrive in a highly competitive market. The hiring process is hard and meticulous, but once you are on board, you are rewarded working with highly intelligent and talented people.
IB also wants you to learn. If you love to identify gaps and are not afraid to take responsibility, you will be encouraged to take opportunities and grow into roles that are beyond what you hoped for.
You will definitely never be bored.
Pros
Excellent Growth Opportunities
Cons
Conservative Pay
Regional Account Executive Position
Regional Account Executive (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 22, 2015
For a short time, I worked for Internet Brands' Automotive Vertical. They own/operate 130+ special interest online community forum signs. My position entailed contacting prospective vendors and offering them an array of digital ad options, managing how those impressions would be delivered/targeted and maintaining contact with the client to report on performance. This was a great place to work, with a truly amazing, patient boss and extremely pleasant co-workers. The most challenging task was making cold calls to new clients. The most enjoable part of this job was the feeling of being appreciated and working with great people in a super pleasant environment
Pros
Company events and sales incentives.
Cons
Parking
Would like to join again
Software Development Intern (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 15, 2015
I was at El Segundo, California which is the heaadquaters. Good Company to work for! Flexible work schedule and good work culture!
Work as TEMP in AP
AP (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 11, 2015
I was talked nicely during the interview. They promise me to give extra staff doing to fulfill my personal interests. Later I got to know they just want someone help them out during their monthly closing. After monthly closing, they start to give me hard time. every TEMP runs monthly.Suggest never work in their AP department, the management does not care about you and even not consider you and treat you like a human being! They treat AR poeple nicely.
Pros
Nice working environment, nice people (some)
Cons
Bad management
top 50th internet property
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 15, 2015
Pockets of awesome team culture with great people. Challenges with bringing innovation. Good place to learn and develop your personal skill. Development is slow but typical for a big company.
Great co-workers, but currently going through growing pains
Legal Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 7, 2015
The people that work here are great but the compensation is on the lower end of the spectrum. That is fine if you are looking for an entry-level job. If you are looking for a career, look elsewhere unless you are placed directly into management.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good commission structure
Cons
Low low base salary, saturated market
Okay place
Junior Web Developer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 21, 2015
Okay to gain experience.
Do not pay at market value.
High turn over rate.
People are great, but upper management doesn't adjust to keep people.
Good mix
Content Writer & Editor (Current Employee) –  CAMay 12, 2015
This job is never the same, as each day offers new products. I like variety. I also like the freedom to set my own hours and work from home. I only wish they offered health benefits or vacation, but the pay is good and there is also the ability to make more.
Pros
good pay, flexibility, variety
Cons
no paid vacation or healthcare
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 14, 2015
The coworkers are very friendly and the atmosphere is very relaxed. There is also free dress code so if you want to wear flip flops to work it is acceptable.
Terrible company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesMarch 5, 2015
Terrible company, pay is horrible, no room for growth, management talks down to employees. Can not wait to get another job anywhere.
Pros
nice view
Cons
poor pay, poor management, poor products, poor me
Good place to learn and get out
AD SALES PLANNER (Current Employee) –  El SegundoJuly 19, 2014
This company is at the low end of online companies. The pay is far below average and the management is poor.
Pros
you will meet great people
Cons
everything else
Good First Job
Account Manger - Health Division (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 2, 2014
I appreciate my time at Internet Brands as a place to start a career. I have learned valuable management and marketing skills that will take me forward. My co-workers have been the best part. Very easy to work with and get along with. The same goes for my manager.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
compensation
Nice culture but lack of fight for employees
Account Manager/ Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 17, 2013
The people here are fun to be around but the management teams lack in drive to support their employees.
Terrible
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 28, 2013
Weak infrastructure technically and within policies.
Favoritism, Ageism, and volatile culture.
Worst Interview Ever
Job Candidate (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 18, 2012
First of all, this company is clearly ageist and doesn't hire if you are older than 30 or have a child. It went so far as me being asked if I had arranged for childcare and how my spouse felt about me "returning to work" during my interview with HR. Not only are those questions illegal, but why would anyone assume that I had not already methodically thought of family arrangements before considering a new job?

Secondly, this place pays very poorly. About half the average amount of the same position at other companies. If you would be getting 50k elsewhere, you will get 25k here.

Third, it is a revolving door. Go ahead and ask the people interviewing you how long they have worked there. More than likely it will have been less than 6 months.

No thanks!
Pros
late hours (9-6), casual dress
Cons
high turnover, age discrimination, compensation
Best job I've ever had!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesMarch 17, 2012
This is one of the few jobs, if not the only one, where I actually love showing up to work every day! I can show up in just about anything but pajamas and people are as laid back as the dress code. Our work is very diverse as we have about ten different encompassing over 200 active websites!
Pros
lots of internal promotion, casual dress, awesome view, laid back atmosphere, lot's of interesting projects taking place
Cons
haven't found any yet
Fun company, cool people, great job
Marketing (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 15, 2012
Mostly I'm writing this because of the one bad review I saw on here. It's too bad one guy who probably got fired gets to light up his former employer in a public forum. Anywho...

I've worked at IB for two years - management is solid, company has never had a quarter of negative growth, never had a layoff - even through the downturn, we kept growing at a rate of about 15-20% every quarter.

I've been promoted once (more isn't unreasonable to expect), and I'm learning how to manage people, and I'm doing it in a place where I'm supported, encouraged, and given free reign to grow and experience new things as a professional.

Internet Brands is a great company to work for - if and when I leave, they'll have set a really high bar for future employers.

About that flame-thrower review: Make up your own mind. Come in for an interview, ask your own questions, judge us by your own experience with us. Pretty sure you'll be glad you did.
Pros
casual atmosphere, supportive management, growth encouraged
Cons
no free lunch like other web companies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Internet Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5