Internet Brands

Internet Brands United States Employee Reviews

Terrible company
Account Executive (Current Employee), Los AngelesMarch 5, 2015
Pros: nice view
Cons: poor pay, poor management, poor products, poor me
Terrible company, pay is horrible, no room for growth, management talks down to employees. Can not wait to get another job anywhere.
Good place to learn and get out
AD SALES PLANNER (Current Employee), El SegundoJuly 19, 2014
Pros: you will meet great people
Cons: everything else
This company is at the low end of online companies. The pay is far below average and the management is poor.
work where-ever producer enviroment
District Sales Manager (Atlanta Metro Area) (Former Employee), AtlantaJuly 7, 2014
Good First Job
Account Manger - Health Division (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: compensation
I appreciate my time at Internet Brands as a place to start a career. I have learned valuable management and marketing skills that will take me forward. My co-workers have been the best part. Very easy to work with and get along with. The same goes for my manager.
Nice culture but lack of fight for employees
Account Manager/ Specialist (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAApril 17, 2013
The people here are fun to be around but the management teams lack in drive to support their employees.
Terrible
Account Executive (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJanuary 28, 2013
Weak infrastructure technically and within policies.
Favoritism, Ageism, and volatile culture.
Worst Interview Ever
Job Candidate (Former Employee), El Segundo, CADecember 18, 2012
Pros: late hours (9-6), casual dress
Cons: high turnover, age discrimination, compensation
First of all, this company is clearly ageist and doesn't hire if you are older than 30 or have a child. It went so far as me being asked if I had arranged for childcare and how my spouse felt about me "returning to work" during my interview with HR. Not only are those questions illegal, but why would anyone assume that I had not already methodically thought of family arrangements before considering a new job?

Secondly, this place pays very poorly. About half the average amount of the same position at other companies. If you would be getting 50k elsewhere, you will get 25k here.

Third, it is a revolving door. Go ahead and ask the people interviewing you how long they have worked there. More than likely it will have been less than 6 months.

No thanks!
Best job I've ever had!
Recruiter (Current Employee), Los AngelesMarch 17, 2012
Pros: lots of internal promotion, casual dress, awesome view, laid back atmosphere, lot's of interesting projects taking place
Cons: haven't found any yet
This is one of the few jobs, if not the only one, where I actually love showing up to work every day! I can show up in just about anything but pajamas and people are as laid back as the dress code. Our work is very diverse as we have about ten different encompassing over 200 active websites!
Fun company, cool people, great job
Marketing (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAMarch 15, 2012
Pros: casual atmosphere, supportive management, growth encouraged
Cons: no free lunch like other web companies
Mostly I'm writing this because of the one bad review I saw on here. It's too bad one guy who probably got fired gets to light up his former employer in a public forum. Anywho...

I've worked at IB for two years - management is solid, company has never had a quarter of negative growth, never had a layoff - even through the downturn, we kept growing at a rate of about 15-20% every quarter.

I've been promoted once (more isn't unreasonable to expect), and I'm learning how to manage people, and I'm doing it in a place where I'm supported, encouraged, and given free reign to grow and experience new things as a professional.

Internet Brands is a great company to work for - if and when I leave, they'll have set a really high bar for future employers.

About that flame-thrower review: Make up your own mind. Come in for an interview, ask your own questions, judge us by your own experience with us. Pretty sure you'll be glad you did.
Awful place to work
Advertising (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2011
Pros: short hours
Cons: poor pay, negative environment, no advancement, not challenging
If you are looking for a dead end job that makes you feel horrible about your skills and accomplishments this is the place for you! I was told on my first day of work that there is absolutely no room for advancement in this company. If you decide to work here don't stay longer than a year. It's not worth your time.

Additionally, you will spend most of your days at Internet Brands bored or filling half of your day with busy work. Management doesn't want you to take on additional work because they don't want you to gain any additional skills that make you marketable to another better paying job.

About Internet Brands

Looking for a car or a career change? Internet Brands can fill you in on all you need to know.¬†The company owns and operates¬†100-plus – Read more