About The Internet Society:
The Internet Society is the world’s trusted independent source of leadership for Internet policy, technology standards, and future development. Based on its principled vision and substantial technological foundation, the Internet Society works with its members and Chapters around the world to promote the continued evolution and growth of the open Internet through dialog among companies, governments, and other organizations around the world.
About the Position:
The Internet Leadership Logistics Coordinator will report to the Internet Society's Senior Director, Internet Leadership Programmes and will work closely with the other members of the Internet Leadership (IL) team, particularly the Administrative Coordinator. The main responsibility of this position is to provide logistics support to IL-sponsored participants. This part-time position (up to 25 hours/week) will be based in the Reston, Virginia office of the Internet Society.
- Help IL team implement and improve existing systems related to the end-to-end process of participant application, selection, administration, documentation, and data collection, analysis, and verification.
- Provide day-to-day logistics and administrative support to IL-sponsored participants, including students and senior government officials, while being mindful of the need to present a professional and caring “first face of ISOC” to all.
- Work closely with members of the IL team and also with other stakeholders on other IL activities as necessary.
- Desire to work with a diverse global population, and sensitive to the realities that may affect individuals in emerging and developing economies.
- Excellent listening skills, including being able to “listen between the lines” of written communication.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Team player who works well with others.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and knows when to reach out and ask for help from the team.
- Detail oriented and also able to see the big picture.
- Able to manage a fluctuating workload by prioritizing tasks, remaining flexible, developing good administrative processes, anticipating needs, and managing time well.
- Technically fluent, including familiarity with Microsoft Office software and using Mac laptop.
- Able to spin up quickly on additional technology and IT tools (such as, WebEx, Skype); web interfaces for posting content to ISOC website, wiki, and ZoomGrants; and managing online mailing lists.
- Committed to professional and personal development.
- Focused, productive, and dependable.
- Fluent in English. Proficiency in other languages, particularly French, is a plus.
Successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Compensation for this position will be competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications.
Applicants are encouraged to read ISOC's 2013-2015 Business Plan.
Applicants should forward a resume, salary history, and any other relevant materials. Applications will be evaluated until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly, and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee.
Indeed - 22 months ago