Interpublic Group Employee Reviews

ping pong table
Print Invoice Controller / Client Clearance (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 30, 2017
print clearance is not a good place to work - was not treated fairly from the beginning - never was thanked for work actually done. ready to find something different
Nice workplace, Coworkers were friendly.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHOctober 20, 2017
Good work environment, friendly coworkers and decent hours. When I arrived at IPG I was greeted by friendly faces, it was in my hometown so it just so happened that I knew a couple of the employees there. The manager took me under his wing and showed me how the machines worked. In a couple of days I had a good idea of how the business ran and what my job entailed. The hardest part of the job was when a machine would break down because this could put us behind in production. Overall, they ran smoothly for us and we were pumping out product. I really enjoyed our lunch breaks it provided time to catch up with coworkers.
Team was welcoming
Intern- Business Controls (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
Overall I would come in and half a task for me to complete for the day. The day went smoothly, and the environment was good. People were not fighting or arguing, and the people held conversations unlike some places where people dislike one another.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Too hot inside
Good workplace with oustanding benefits
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 26, 2017
Great entry level company with good benefits. Compensation is low and job security can be suspect depending on which department you are in. In the right department, it's a good casual work environment. Summer Fridays a bonus.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Compensation/Advancement
The best people to work with!
Core Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILSeptember 23, 2017
It was a relaxed atmosphere most of the time. I worked alone most of the time, during my latter years with IPG. My co-workers mostly worked from home because they could configure the equipment through ILO.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Not very much overtime
IPG is a great organization
SVP/ UM (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2017
One of the largest holding companies in the advertising and marketing business and my agency UM is one of the best media agencies in the world, present in many countries and with Fortune 100 accounts that are run globally.
Pros
Great locations, benefits and perks
Cons
Mangement turn over
Excellent Benefits
CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 16, 2017
If you want a casual work environment, where your co-workers work hard and have fun in the process, InterPublic Group is the place for you.

They are committed to Diversity and Inclusion and have one of the BEST BENEFIT plans available.
A great learning experience for someone who is new to the media world
IT BUSINESS & DATA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
This was my first time in media after 14+ years in Finance. It is a great place to get acclimated to the media world and work with different media teams.
Low morale
Manager (Former Employee) –  South ElginAugust 7, 2017
Typical day consisted of supervising press crews to make sure quality and production standards are met. Maintaining the equipment for optimal performance.
Giving approval one job specs before proceeding with production.
Lots of flexibility
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
Great company, lot's of flexibility..although can be hard to get things done. Younger workforce and culture. Pay is on the low side, but the # of days off per year make up for it.
Manager, International Ad Operations (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 16, 2017
Work here if you can! Amazing group of people. Lots of team outtings and likely people are designate to client teams. IPG seems to have a great body of clients that anyone should be proud to support.
Pros
Great culture. Free food.
Cons
None.
Disorganized and does not add much valuable experiece
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2017
Its an average place to work. I joined only for flexibility of working remotely for 2 days in a week. Not the best in terms of quality of work. Managers were not very organized and the team was run on personal bias.
Great Place to Work for the Atmosphere and Culture
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJuly 3, 2017
In terms of office culture, perks outside of benefits package, and the mostly amazing end users, this is a fantastic place to work. The major (and I mean MAJOR) drawback of working here is the terrible middle and upper management, who don't understand what the techs go thru on a day to day basis, and have unrealistic expectations of what can be done in a given amount of time. Management as of late has been rude, snide, and megalomaniacal, which makes for low team morale. If you do decide to apply for any positions here, do so with caution.
Pros
Free soft drinks, lots of free goodies, gym on site, company softball team
Cons
Rude and out of touch management.
Work hard, play hard
Media Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 19, 2017
Work hard, play hard. Casual dress but professional work performance. Work hard, play hard. Opportunities for advancement. Great work ethic, culture.
Laid back enjoyable work place.
Print Invoice Controller (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 31, 2017
Friendly enjoyable place to work. Great benefits and friendly people. you can be as successful as you want to be, its up to you. Great Management. The work is only as stressful as you let it be. The hardest part of the job is the communication with Agencies in regards to what is needed to complete my job process. Communications is the key. There are helpful processes in place to minimize the stress level.
Pros
Benefits are great and dress code is relaxed. Great enviroment
Cons
Salary's need to be raised.
Great job, great company
IT System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
I loved working there. Management was easy to work with, and allowed me to take my own initiative on projects. A great staff that appreciated the work I did. Most difficult part of the job was keeping up with all of the corporate requirements, but that also kept the job interesting.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks.
Great Environment but not stable in Texas Location
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2017
IPG is worldwide and It is stable in most major cities. The Dallas Weber Shandwick lacks organization, leadership and stability. A lot of major clients left the Dallas location completely like American Airlines. Some other major clients transferred their accounts to Chicago, New York.. to cities that actually get their work done and are efficient in time and money. Due to clients withdrawing their accounts; the Dallas location lost ALOT of money and thats where the cuts began. Fortunately I left before the cut. Unfortunately, alot of gifted talents who dedicated their careers for years were let go. They even eliminated a whole department and moved to a smaller office.

I would not recommend anyone to work in the Dallas location; however, Chicago, NY, DC and other major cities I hear great things.
Pros
Free Food everyday!!!
Cons
Instability, Poor Management, Very Poor HR department ( nothing is ever in confidence), No training
Fun workplace that offers monthly morale boosters.
Spot Invoice Controller (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 15, 2017
Employees are not very friendly to new employees...very cliquey. Not very discreet when a person is terminated. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you can listen to your personal music with headphones.
Pros
Monthly morale boosters
Cons
Costly health insurance, no standard bereavement leave.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateFebruary 8, 2017
Good place to work. Great Coworkers and fosters great Team Work. Good Benefits and generous days off. Given a chance to work collaboratively with other teams.
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Area Controller (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Performed Audit reviews to advertising agencies in latin America.

Traveling to Latin America

Dealing with findings in advertising agencies that should be solve.
Pros
Traveling to latin america
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interpublic Group. Our community is ready to answer.