Interpublic Group Employee Reviews

Fun workplace that offers monthly morale boosters.
Spot Invoice Controller (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 15, 2017
Employees are not very friendly to new employees...very cliquey. Not very discreet when a person is terminated. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you can listen to your personal music with headphones.
Pros
Monthly morale boosters
Cons
Costly health insurance, no standard bereavement leave.
Great Environment but not stable in Texas Location
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2017
IPG is worldwide and It is stable in most major cities. The Dallas Weber Shandwick lacks organization, leadership and stability. A lot of major clients left the Dallas location completely like American Airlines. Some other major clients transferred their accounts to Chicago, New York.. to cities that actually get their work done and are efficient in time and money. Due to clients withdrawing their accounts; the Dallas location lost ALOT of money and thats where the cuts began. Fortunately I left before the cut. Unfortunately, alot of gifted talents who dedicated their careers for years were let go. They even eliminated a whole department and moved to a smaller office.

I would not recommend anyone to work in the Dallas location; however, Chicago, NY, DC and other major cities I hear great things.
Pros
Free Food everyday!!!
Cons
Instability, Poor Management, Very Poor HR department ( nothing is ever in confidence), NO TRAINING
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Area Controller (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Performed Audit reviews to advertising agencies in latin America.

Traveling to Latin America

Dealing with findings in advertising agencies that should be solve.
Pros
Traveling to latin america
Cons
Productive and work fun place to be
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2016
I love the company because the work environment is friendly and conducive. Supervisors are more willing to teach you and they operate an open door policy.
Pros
Seniors are willing to teach you
Cons
No insurance for interns
Great company and Great Culture
Lease Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 1, 2016
I did my internship here and I felt like I was treated like a highly respected employee. Great company. Couldn't see a clear path of advancement. I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Lots of company social activities, casual dress
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateFebruary 8, 2017
Good place to work. Great Coworkers and fosters great Team Work. Good Benefits and generous days off. Given a chance to work collaboratively with other teams.
Horrible Management
Associate, Digital Investment Planner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 9, 2016
Managers do not care about you, and limit your advancement into higher roles. They are not professional, and lack leadership skills.
Great Company on the rise
NYC IT Manager / Global End User Support Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
I was lucky to join IPG at the early stage of their IT Initiative. I learned a lot from working with several senior IT professionals and other business leads. I was also lucky to support the C-Level executives of the company which allowed me to learned about the business and the ways they were leading our company. Overall, this was a great experience
Pros
Coworkers, hours, flexivility, WFH
Very Interesting Company
Lead Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
IPG Mediabrands is an interesting place - challenging work and a nice degree of cache in the digital advertising world - some major clients recently brought on board so lots to do. Management changes have occurred over the last year which has bred confusion on process and how things are communicated. This has caused there to be a chaotic environment at times though my guess is give it a year or so and this will all die down - you will work with some creative and passionate people
Pros
Collaborative and creative environment, good deal of freedom in how you do your job, amazing clients to work with (Coke!), interesting and challenging work
Cons
Too many process and org changes happening causing confusion, management does not always do a good job communicating
productive work place
Operator/Assistant Foreman (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 1, 2016
learnt a lot on how to operate. I love the family bond they have. The hours where perfect. Working your way up by showing them you care about the job at hand from small to important.
Pros
good work place
Cons
weather

Want to know more about Interpublic Group?

Ask a question
Truly an Awful Place with No Redeeming Factors
Director of Product Management (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 3, 2016
Despite fact that this is a "public company" don't be fooled. It is run by a family as a hobby. When founder was in charge it was a great place but the next generation could have been given Apple and made it into a fruit stand.
Slow to promote
Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2016
Good company to work for but very slow in advancement and promoting from within. Not conducive to long term growth. Pay is very low and barely increases
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low pay and no advancement opportunity
Benefits were great
Human Resources & Administration Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2016
The benefits package that Interpublic Group of Companies provides it's employees are outstanding. All the way from medical plans to choose from, to leave of absence policies and flexible work schedules.
Stay away
Media Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
The recruitment and HR team is horrible! Be prepared to stay in the position for years because HR will never help you switch roles even though they advertise hiring from with in. They are highly unresponsive and unproductive. The salary is extremely low.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Human resource and recruitment
A challenging and fun experience
Tester/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 2, 2015
We started out testing machinery. It was very long and tedious days at first, but once testing was done we were able to crack open the machines and work on them ourselves. It was interesting to learn about the machines and get to see how they worked. My co-workers were highly experienced intelligent people that were friendly and patient. The hardest part of the job was the learning curve of being thrown into a new environment that was a little challenging with no prior experience in that field, but we were able to learn quickly. Eventually we became a large contributor to their project and team.
Pros
good pay and learning experience
Cons
long drive to work
Team was fun to work with
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2015
My fellow tem members were all skilled in their area of expertise.
It was a great learning environment with the different projects that came up.
It was easy to wake up daily to go in to work becaue I loved my job.
Pros
free food and decent work hours
Cons
non cummunimiddle management did not comunicate enough about tasks at hand
Lots of time off but little pay
Invoice Controller (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 18, 2015
The dress code at IPG is great, you can wear jeans to work everyday. They also give a lot of PTO but you have to use it or loose it each year. The pay rate is terrible and there is no OT. In general, management is decent enough, but advancement is often difficult. They try to promote a fun and friendly atmosphere, but activities were usually scheduled for the benefit of the accounting team which left out the AP and AR groups because they were too busy with month end close.
Pros
Dress Code; PTO and Holidays; frequent special events
Cons
Lack of advancement;
Amazing place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
Really fun work place with lots of creative people. IPG Mediabrands is doing some really cool things with the Media Lab.
Cons
Communication between departments
Work Hard, Play Hard
Production Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 14, 2014
They definitely enjoy kicking back and rewarding their employees for the hard work they do. Through out the year they have various R&R activities during work hours.

The benefits are great, but most people (I think as with any job) wish they paid a bit more.

PTO is way above average for any company and paid holidays are close to banker holidays.

It does seem difficult to advance though if you have the slightest question behind your name. Rarely if ever are you given feedback as to why you didn't get the position or what you could work on to be a better candidate in the future.
Productive, result driven work environment
Contracted Underwriting Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 13, 2014
• Team Lead of Contracted Underwriting team.
• Managed escalated patient and surgery partner issues, to include quality reviews.
• On-line benefit verification, attaining pre-certification, contacting insurance carriers to obtain benefits
• Reporting, creation of patient profiles, creation of facility profiles, creating and managing reports using Excel, creating training documents and data entry.
• Received awards of recognition for going above and beyond to ensure that the Underwriting goal and expectations were met to close out the years for 2011-2012

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interpublic Group. Our community is ready to answer.