Interpublic Group Employee Reviews in United States

productive work place
Operator/Assistant Foreman (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 1, 2016
learnt a lot on how to operate. I love the family bond they have. The hours where perfect. Working your way up by showing them you care about the job at hand from small to important.
Pros
good work place
Cons
weather
Great Company on the rise
NYC IT Manager / Global End User Support Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
I was lucky to join IPG at the early stage of their IT Initiative. I learned a lot from working with several senior IT professionals and other business leads. I was also lucky to support the C-Level executives of the company which allowed me to learned about the business and the ways they were leading our company. Overall, this was a great experience
Pros
Coworkers, hours, flexivility, WFH
Truly an Awful Place with No Redeeming Factors
Director of Product Management (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 3, 2016
Despite fact that this is a "public company" don't be fooled. It is run by a family as a hobby. When founder was in charge it was a great place but the next generation could have been given Apple and made it into a fruit stand.
Inter public Group, NY
SAP FICO Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10022April 20, 2016
Inter public Group is one of the world’s premier advertising and marketing services companies. This company deliver custom marketing solutions to many of the world’s largest advertisers. We cover the spectrum of marketing disciplines and specialties, from public relations and consumer advertising, to mobile and search engine marketing.
Slow to promote
Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2016
Good company to work for but very slow in advancement and promoting from within. Not conducive to long term growth. Pay is very low and barely increases
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low pay and no advancement opportunity
Benefits were great
Human Resources & Administration Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2016
The benefits package that Interpublic Group of Companies provides it's employees are outstanding. All the way from medical plans to choose from, to leave of absence policies and flexible work schedules.
Very Interesting Company
Lead Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
IPG Mediabrands is an interesting place - challenging work and a nice degree of cache in the digital advertising world - some major clients recently brought on board so lots to do. Management changes have occurred over the last year which has bred confusion on process and how things are communicated. This has caused there to be a chaotic environment at times though my guess is give it a year or so and this will all die down - you will work with some creative and passionate people
Pros
Collaborative and creative environment, good deal of freedom in how you do your job, amazing clients to work with (Coke!), interesting and challenging work
Cons
Too many process and org changes happening causing confusion, management does not always do a good job communicating
Amazing place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
Really fun work place with lots of creative people. IPG Mediabrands is doing some really cool things with the Media Lab.
Cons
Communication between departments
Stay away
Media Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
The recruitment and HR team is horrible! Be prepared to stay in the position for years because HR will never help you switch roles even though they advertise hiring from with in. They are highly unresponsive and unproductive. The salary is extremely low.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Human resource and recruitment
Awesomeness. Truly Awesome.
Level 3 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 29, 2015
Amazing place to be. Trust me, if you get hired there, you won't regret it. It's like working at google.

During your interview, you'll see
Team was fun to work with
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2015
My fellow tem members were all skilled in their area of expertise.
It was a great learning environment with the different projects that came up.
It was easy to wake up daily to go in to work becaue I loved my job.
Pros
free food and decent work hours
Cons
non cummunimiddle management did not comunicate enough about tasks at hand
A challenging and fun experience
Tester/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 2, 2015
We started out testing machinery. It was very long and tedious days at first, but once testing was done we were able to crack open the machines and work on them ourselves. It was interesting to learn about the machines and get to see how they worked. My co-workers were highly experienced intelligent people that were friendly and patient. The hardest part of the job was the learning curve of being thrown into a new environment that was a little challenging with no prior experience in that field, but we were able to learn quickly. Eventually we became a large contributor to their project and team.
Pros
good pay and learning experience
Cons
long drive to work
Great Company
Medical assistant- management (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AzSeptember 21, 2015
Follow physician to different facilities, schedule, billing,coding,scribing,documentation, consults. Enjoyed the travel to other facilities. Responsibilities keep you busy. Temp position.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Temp position
Great Environment
Mediabrands Summer Resident (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 20, 2015
I participated in a summer internship here for undergrad students. The community is very young, hip, and trendy. Most of the employees are right out of college and learn while on the job.
IPG is a good company
IT Help Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 24, 2015
Great place to work, great people, great management, and fun environment. The people you work with are there to help you.
Lots of time off but little pay
Invoice Controller (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 18, 2015
The dress code at IPG is great, you can wear jeans to work everyday. They also give a lot of PTO but you have to use it or loose it each year. The pay rate is terrible and there is no OT. In general, management is decent enough, but advancement is often difficult. They try to promote a fun and friendly atmosphere, but activities were usually scheduled for the benefit of the accounting team which left out the AP and AR groups because they were too busy with month end close.
Pros
Dress Code; PTO and Holidays; frequent special events
Cons
Lack of advancement;
hard driving sap environment
SAP Basis Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2015
management will cut a contractor at the drop of a hat to meet that quarters budget numbers. Don't assume you'll be there long despite having a 1 year contract. good luck.
great company to work
FMS Functional Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2015
Independent and more towards accomplishment of tasks.
Very comfortable supervisor and management.
New strategic management processes and great involvement in learning new business acme.
Pros
privileged and great work culture
Cons
not to mention any
A fun place to work. And you will definitely work.
Media Buyer (Former Employee) –  NYCMay 12, 2015
I was with IPG Mediabrands for just over 2 years and loved my experience! They expect you to hit the ground running and keep running.
Good place to work. Enjoyed the job and the people.
Maintenance Reliability Lead (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCMay 6, 2015
During my career there I got the opportunity to learn and develop many skills. Held several maintenance and engineering positions over the years.