Intersections Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Call center enviroment, higschool atmosphere
Customer Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMOctober 27, 2016
Hours constantly changed, no advancement, no team effort. The people that did work there were awesome. Always motivating to stay there even though the managers didn't.
Very Unethical
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 2, 2016
Its a dying company trying hard to pick itself, Management is rude and I was shocked when they fired 14 guys who was working for almost 20 years and many more to come.. Management don't have common sense to how to treat their employees. They expect to work weekends and late. work culture is pathetic.They squeeze you to work or get out. I chose second one.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Bad bad bad
productive and fun
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 5, 2016
Learned Code Reviews and Java 8 with Spring Integration, typically day starts at 9:00, Management was very good and friendly, co-workers are helpful, the hardest part of the job was with coping with scrum master, and most enjoyable is interaction with teammates.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Health care
Very productive workplace
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 18, 2016
Long day at work always on the computer and phones helping customers. I learned about credit and how to give information about customers credit situation over the phone. The management was always around when we needed a call transferred. my co - workers were great and helped with any questions I needed. The hardest part of this job was getting kudos. The most enjoyable part about this job was the little parties for doing a great job during the month!
Pros
The little get togethers.
Cons
Signing onto the phone exactly on time.
Ho Hum nothing spectacular
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 2, 2016
Intersections is in a dying business. The management is trying to wrap up the business and trying to get introduced in a new line of business.
Friendly work enviroment
Credit education specialist (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMDecember 22, 2015
The job itself can get stressful but the work environment is friendly the managers always did their best to be supportive and help you learn how to improve you phone skills.
The employees kept it interresting
Credit Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Altavista, VAMarch 28, 2015
We took all customer concerns with the utmost concern. We would play games and have fun days to keep it entertaining. We had several carnivals, and special events.
Pros
We had several free meals provided.
Cons
Wether policy could use reviewing.
Fun place to work great co-workers
Identity Protection Advisor/Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Altavista VaJanuary 19, 2015
Listen to agents calls to make sure all the legal information was given to the customers. Learned a lot about Identity Theft. Management was okay, great co-worker, the hardest part of the job was trying to help the agents understand that everything had to be done in order and they had to make sure all the legal information had to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job when you helped an agent and you get to listen to that call and they did everything correct it lets you know they were listening
Pros
Helping the agents
Cons
Some of management
Great start for professional growth
Credit Education Specialist Level II (Former Employee) –  Altavista, VAJanuary 13, 2015
Learned a lot about financial industry. Very little room for advancement. Some great and supportive supervisors but lack of or poor communication from upper management.
Pros
Vto
Cons
Favortisim
Intersections
HELP DESK (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 12, 2014
Great group of coworkers, great tools to get work done and a system that is easy to follow and work with.
Very fun working job.
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 31, 2014
Handle many web call for password reset / Help customers with downloading company app / Help customers download software / Help customers with identity with fraud alerts if they were a victim of ID Theft / Provided outbound call for customers lost/stolen credit cards...
Pros
Free lunch many times
Cons
Great Breaks and Health Care
Fun Place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chantilly VAJune 14, 2014
Loved working here. I learned so much and still miss the people that I worked with
A fast paced work environment
Credit Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Altavista VAJanuary 13, 2014
As a credit education specialist, we assisted customer with understanding their credit report, diputes with credit, and identity theft.
can you say double standard
ITA (Former Employee) –  Altavista, VAAugust 6, 2013
This is w/o a doubt the worst place I have ever been employed. The call center is located in a small city and the area has cliques.

Unfortunately management was a part of it and did nothing to discourage that type of behavior. For example: Obviously adherence is of the utmost importance in a call center and everyone was expected to adhere to their schedule EXCEPT if you were among the favored view. Literally there were some who visited all day in the lounge. There were even instances of some taking naps in the coat room. In another case, an associate's expensive cell phone was stolen from her locker but because the suspected thief was a member of the clique, nothing was done until the victim went over management's head and contacted the police themselves. At that point, the camera was checked and the thief was fired.

Unemployment is high in this area, but there is constant turnover at this facility--a sure sign of problems
Micromanaged and management is unfair
Identity Protection Advisor (Former Employee) –  Altavista, VASeptember 30, 2012
You must be friends with sups in order to stay working there. The number of calls you take may be different from co workers. Some take up to a 100 a day, others take about 20 a day. No room for advancement either. Stay far away.
Pros
you can learn the "system" and get away with a lot
Cons
everything else
Positive, friendly, and pleasant call center
Credit education specialist (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMAugust 12, 2012
On phone helping customer with there credit , so sad how many people get scamed daily and the problems this can cause them and it not something that can be solved fast or easy. The hardest part of my job when a customer would call and start crying saying what do I do but it felt good when you helped them and you can tell that they are speaking to you with a smile on there face
Pros
also had little insentives going on for us.
Cons
it was hard for me to cut my call time, i enjoy helping others
Good Company
Credit Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 27, 2012
Learned alot here about time management, and how to adapt to a slow paced and fast paced work enviornment.