Intersil Employee Reviews

Great Company
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLFebruary 14, 2018
Great place to work with excellent technical challenges and excellent geographical location.

Challenging business provides challenging work opportunities.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
cyclycal business
Designers are in best position.
Principal Apps and Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 31, 2018
I started as apps guy and developed a new proto for chip. Went on to design chip. Was good experience, but moving departments wasn't viewed favorably. Did few chips there and they sold well, so overall successful.
Pros
meh.
Cons
Didn't like management much.
Loved working there.
Electromechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 8, 2017
The people were very nice. I worked whatever shift they needed me to during that time. I was only supposed to be there for 6 months. I ended up being there for 18. Then the secrete projects were over. They have called me back more than one over the years, but I had full time work each time,
Pros
Florida was great.
Cons
Temporary
Solid
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLOctober 22, 2017
I started with Harris Semiconductor, which was bought out by Intersil out of Irvine, CA - they then relocated our operation and closed our department - then laid us all off.
Pros
23 years experience
Cons
No loyality to long term employees
Great Company
Senior Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLOctober 17, 2017
I started at Harris Semiconductor that turned into Internal down the road. I saw all the changes and enjoyed the challenges that it brought. Through those time I met some good people that would help you in your job. I was responsible for Automotive accounts and had to learn as I went. Management helped in learning the processes that need to be learned. When the product line that I was working on for my Automotive customer got sold to Fairchild I was offered to go with Fairchild and took it.
Was a fair place to work
Assmbley tech. Fab tech (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLOctober 12, 2017
My supervisor was awesome. Company was cheap in pay. I was a temp. No benefits. Work my contract out for the year. I would go back if I were offered a permanent position with better pay
Pros
Free lunch
Intersil was a competitive working environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Intersil and was provided opportunities for advancement. The company was recently sold to Renasas and not sure about currently management.
Difficult, demanding job but good company and co-workers
Principal Semiconductor Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLAugust 21, 2017
Job was rewarding but somewhat stressful. Process engineers are on call every weekend and when problems arise you can be expected to work over the weekend and late into evening. However, the people I worked with were friendly and very competent and management was generally very good.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
on call every weekend
Company is being sold
Wafer Fabrication Technician V (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMarch 30, 2017
Job had several negative aspects including lack of job security, no communication with upper management as to direction company was taking. Was working 12 hour shift and was over stressed with work load. Pay scale was good including benefits but hard to get a raise.
excelent
Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2017
it over all exiting job and work place and culture is awesome and i feel like every day is fresh start, i learned a lot to mange the work pressure and control and disciplined.
My most favorite job ever. If I could go back I would not take a second thought.
Fab Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Working for this company taught me so many valuable lessons and skills. I learned more then I ever imagined. I learned all most all the stages of the processes the wafers we run through the million dollar machines. It was the best learning experience plus I absolutely loved every hour, minute and day I worked there. My co workers were amazing as well!
Health oriented workplace
Senior Data Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Faced daily challenges. Highly stressed environment especially with only four on the team supporting the Eastern and West Coast plus having to at times deal with international calls. My experience in spite of all the challenges taught me how to multitask effectively and to become very detail oriented.
Management in the past 4 years became more and more demanding when it came to changes. Job security became an issue amongst employees and more so when the company was bought out by a Japanese company.
My co-workers were excellent. We became a family and used to socialize at work and outside of work. I continue to be friends with them.
The hardest part of the job became apparent when changes, because of new management, took place.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when the team collaborated and got the work completed in record time, meeting all deadlines.
Pros
Social Room, Gym, excellent benefits
Cons
Too many layoffs, job insecurity
Would never recommend
Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLDecember 5, 2016
Horrible management at all levels.Employees doing their jobs afraid of making mistakes for fear of being wrote up or let go.Absolutely no loyalty to senior employees unless your in the upper management group.Fortunately there are good benefits and great coworkers if you can make it through the yearly layoffs.
Pros
Good benefits
Good Work Life
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLOctober 17, 2016
Intersil pays very well and the employees are excellent to work with. Very knowledgeable and professional.
Upper management could do more, however the business model they fill is very volatile and requires a lot of flexibility and fast paced change.
Pros
Good income, good balance with home life
Cons
Everything is a priority and fast paced.
Pe
Program Manager / Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLSeptember 22, 2016
Good company but limited advancement or career changing opportunities. Pay is above avg. Employees are professional.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not much room for advancement or career change
Small size ensures greater exposure
PD engineer (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 20, 2016
Great work life balance. Friendly staff, very helpful with everything you need to get settled in. Management is concerned about employees' well being. Good number of projects keep you busy and keeps it interesting as long as you are in the right field.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses.
Cons
Not so great vacation allowances
Great company to work for with best-in-industry benefits
Lead HR Representative (Compensation Analyst) (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLAugust 24, 2016
Intersil is a great company to work. They provide great work/life balance and the best medical and retirement benefits in the industry.
Good Place to Work as long as there is a profit
Principal Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJuly 8, 2016
Intersil is very quick to pull the plug on Senior employees as soon as the Operating Profit starts dipping below 20%. You can advance here, have fun, be challenged, enjoy a decent work environment, get excellent performance reviews, but if the company needs to cut costs, the first ones to go a re the senior people with the higher salaries.

The benefits are good (health, dental, vision, legal), and are superior to anything you can get as an individual.

Pay scales are reasonable for the industry.
Pros
Fee Coffee, technical ecellence, good compensation
Cons
Live in fear of the next layoff
Excellent company with a relaxed environment
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  RTP, NCMay 10, 2016
A typical semiconductor company with great co-workers and amazing learning opportunities at the forefront of power management and automotive semiconductor products.
Design engineer
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 12, 2016
Intersil is a good place to work at, with focus on power managment ICs. They offer challenging work, but sometimes there is a lack of motivation due to management.
Pros
Challenging work