Intersil Employee Reviews

excelent
Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2017
it over all exiting job and work place and culture is awesome and i feel like every day is fresh start, i learned a lot to mange the work pressure and control and disciplined.
My most favorite job ever. If I could go back I would not take a second thought.
Fab Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Working for this company taught me so many valuable lessons and skills. I learned more then I ever imagined. I learned all most all the stages of the processes the wafers we run through the million dollar machines. It was the best learning experience plus I absolutely loved every hour, minute and day I worked there. My co workers were amazing as well!
Health oriented workplace
Senior Data Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Faced daily challenges. Highly stressed environment especially with only four on the team supporting the Eastern and West Coast plus having to at times deal with international calls. My experience in spite of all the challenges taught me how to multitask effectively and to become very detail oriented.
Management in the past 4 years became more and more demanding when it came to changes. Job security became an issue amongst employees and more so when the company was bought out by a Japanese company.
My co-workers were excellent. We became a family and used to socialize at work and outside of work. I continue to be friends with them.
The hardest part of the job became apparent when changes, because of new management, took place.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when the team collaborated and got the work completed in record time, meeting all deadlines.
Pros
Social Room, Gym, excellent benefits
Cons
Too many layoffs, job insecurity
Would never recommend
Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLDecember 5, 2016
Horrible management at all levels.Employees doing their jobs afraid of making mistakes for fear of being wrote up or let go.Absolutely no loyalty to senior employees unless your in the upper management group.Fortunately there are good benefits and great coworkers if you can make it through the yearly layoffs.
Pros
Good benefits
Good Work Life
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLOctober 17, 2016
Intersil pays very well and the employees are excellent to work with. Very knowledgeable and professional.
Upper management could do more, however the business model they fill is very volatile and requires a lot of flexibility and fast paced change.
Pros
Good income, good balance with home life
Cons
Everything is a priority and fast paced.
Pe
Program Manager / Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLSeptember 22, 2016
Good company but limited advancement or career changing opportunities. Pay is above avg. Employees are professional.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not much room for advancement or career change
Small size ensures greater exposure
PD engineer (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 20, 2016
Great work life balance. Friendly staff, very helpful with everything you need to get settled in. Management is concerned about employees' well being. Good number of projects keep you busy and keeps it interesting as long as you are in the right field.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses.
Cons
Not so great vacation allowances
Great company to work for with best-in-industry benefits
Lead HR Representative (Compensation Analyst) (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLAugust 24, 2016
Intersil is a great company to work. They provide great work/life balance and the best medical and retirement benefits in the industry.
Good Place to Work as long as there is a profit
Principal Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJuly 8, 2016
Intersil is very quick to pull the plug on Senior employees as soon as the Operating Profit starts dipping below 20%. You can advance here, have fun, be challenged, enjoy a decent work environment, get excellent performance reviews, but if the company needs to cut costs, the first ones to go a re the senior people with the higher salaries.

The benefits are good (health, dental, vision, legal), and are superior to anything you can get as an individual.

Pay scales are reasonable for the industry.
Pros
Fee Coffee, technical ecellence, good compensation
Cons
Live in fear of the next layoff
Intersil Summary
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 30, 2016
Intersil is a semiconductor company that designs, manufactures, and sell power and precision analog ICs throughout the world. Their director competitors are Linear Technology, and Maxim Integrated Circuits.
Pros
High quality products.
Cons
The worst manager is my entire career. Horrible in everyway
Excellent company with a relaxed environment
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  RTP, NCMay 10, 2016
A typical semiconductor company with great co-workers and amazing learning opportunities at the forefront of power management and automotive semiconductor products.
Design engineer
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 12, 2016
Intersil is a good place to work at, with focus on power managment ICs. They offer challenging work, but sometimes there is a lack of motivation due to management.
Pros
Challenging work
Great Experience
Analog Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLOctober 31, 2015
Lots to learn an a fun place to work , nice location and good working atmosphere with good experienced peers, overall a welcoming vibe.
good place to work
microelectronic tech (Former Employee) –  palm bay flaOctober 27, 2015
productive place to work. fast pace. required to have multiple job skills and run multiple tools in the processing of IC's.Learning the industry is very interesting.
Pros
ok salary
Cons
12 hr shifts
excellent co workers
Operations Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 19, 2015
17yrs with this company. I have seen the good and the bad.
I valued the relationships I have created while working here. A talented group of hard working individuals.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not the best communication
productive, bad management
Fab Tech (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay FloridaAugust 18, 2015
enjoyed the job very much! everything else no so. enjoyed working with the equipment and my fellow employee. But the company needs better management. in this market there should be no layoff's.
An ok place to work
PMIC/Mixed Signal Verification Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 30, 2014
Work life is busy and there is lots to do due to staffing levels not being up to required levels. People are generally talented but the planning and project parts of management can use some improvement. Strategically it seems to be on a correct path but execution and process flow is lacking. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to mentor people and try new methodologies.
Pros
Compensation, type of work
Cons
Execution, process flows
Sr. Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLOctober 20, 2014
Company is supportive of employee continuing their education
Intersil was a good place to work for
Firmware Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2014
Colleagues were helpful and cooperative. Work was challenging. Managers were good. Work environment and ethics was good.
management
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 12, 2014
Management is lost. Allot of chaos and changes. No sense of direction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intersil. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8