Contract Position, Group Ticket Sales Representative (Properties Division)
Intersport, a 25-year old sports and entertainment marketing company specializing in strategy, activation and content, is seeking a qualified Group Ticket Sales Representative within its Sports Properties Division.
The Group Ticket Sales Representative will be responsible for supporting ticket sales efforts for Intersport owned & operated properties with a special emphasis on the TD Ameritrade College Home Run Derby (Omaha, July 2013). This position will work closely with the Director of Marketing & Ticket Sales to help achieve attendance goals at these events.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Solicit new group ticket sales through cold calling, mailings, and email
- Manage group sales accounts
- Service incoming requests for ticket information
- Research new marketing opportunities and sales leads
- Perform assigned day-of-event responsibilities
- Assist with other sales and marketing support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Preferred experience in a ticket sales position or with cold calling
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, including the ability to manage multiple projects
- Computer proficiency, including MS Word and Excel
- Preferable experience with a CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Willingness to travel to events
The position will begin April 2013 and end July 2013; however, there is an opportunity to have the contract extended. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Some travel and extended work hours required. In addition to monthly compensation, there is an opportunity to earn commission and/or performance-based bonuses.
Founded in 1985 and headquartered in Chicago, Intersport has been an award-winning innovator and leader in the creation of sports and entertainment based marketing platforms. Intersport provides turnkey solutions for global brands by combining two divisions: Sponsorship & Event Marketing and Television & Digital Media. The Emmy-award winning producers within Intersport’s Television Programming & Production Division specialize in the delivery of customized
media solutions through original content, robust distribution and organic brand messaging within quality programming. Intersport delivers content to all broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC). To learn more about Intersport, log on to www.intersportnet.com, like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/IntersportBuzz) or follow us on Twitter (@IntersportBuzz)
PLEASE CONTACT VIA EMAIL ONLY
Please send your cover letter and resume and include “Group Ticket Sales Representative” in the subject line.