Interstate All Battery Center Employee Reviews

It was amazing
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2017
Working at Interstate All Battery Center was amazing the co-workers were awesome people and I meant amazing people. It's a very calm environment and its a great job if you are juggling school and work. It's a shame that they had to close down
Very stressful place to work, but was treated farily
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 19, 2017
I would recommend this position to anyone who is competitive and likes working in a high pressure position. I found that you were treated fairly and was given assistance when needed.
Hard working, family environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 21, 2017
Hard working, fast paced friendly environment. Managers are really nice. Typically work with one other person, sometimes you do deliveries and off site installations.
Fun workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, MAJanuary 16, 2017
Interacting with people is fun. occasionally you get one that's just angry about everything so it's challenging. When it's slow you clean the store and stock shelves which doesn't take long and then you're free to play on your phone or goof around with co-workers.
Pros
Feels good to help people.
Cons
hours
Lots of security, starvation wage, and expect way too much
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 12, 2016
As a franchise manager i was salaried at 30k a year. I quite often ended up working on my days off, staying late, and coming in early. I was expected to manage the store, cold call/set b2b appointments, go to the b2b appointments using my own vehicle, be business accountant, delivery driver, and so on. Ownership of the franchise expected far too much from the employees, and management for what the pay was. That being said, job security is great, and I really enjoyed the people I worked with (primarily because we hired people that would fit in with the culture of our store) I would recommend this job for high school kids needing part time work, or a job while going through school.. definitely not a career.
Pros
Good coworkers, good job security
Cons
Starvation wages, unrealistic expectations of employees for what they're paid.
No fun
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 11, 2015
A great deal of confusion.Lack of consistency.Very stressful position.large turnover.One of my least favorite postions.Company had no respect for their employees
Kind Boss
B2B Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 19, 2015
I enjoyed that my boss would sometimes pay for my lunches at Interstate even though I feel like he felt that some of the work there was "mans work" which didn't make me feel good about myself and had me think he was kind of sexest.
Pros
Free Lunchs from time to time
Cons
Not feeling good about other ways the boss treated me
It was alright...
Rebuild Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 27, 2015
A typical day at work involved sitting down to my desk and starting on repairs immediately, then helping customers on the floor as the store got busy.

Being a corporate store, local management didn't have any real say in what happened in the building. Local management was also scatterbrained and unintelligent.

The fumes from larger batteries, being charged or otherwise, are not properly dealt with and health (and birth defect) hazards are prominent. This was especially angering for respiratory patients.

The people who work at Interstate are great. Some of the most fun and nice people I've ever worked with.
Pros
Good benefits, worked with my schedule, good people
Cons
Very poor management, Health hazards, inappropriate compensation
Simple and predictable retail job
Rebuild Technician, Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2015
Interstate batteries was a good job to start me out in the work force, but I feel like the management referring to a high school graduate as "the smartest employee in the store" says more about the company than it does the employee. Therefore I left Interstate in pursuit of a job that was more parallel with my interests.

As a rebuild technician, I took apart and rebuilt the insides of any cordless tool battery, NiCd and NiMH. But for this highly skilled job, I did not feel that my compensation was fair, nor did I feel appreciated as an employee.

Another thing I didn't like about interstate was their clientele. Interstate serves many different types of customers, from people who just want watch batteries to warehouse managers who need forklift batteries. A good majority of customers would come into the store, be rude, and yell at us about company policy or about a test result they didn't like on a battery they assumed was good.
Pros
Good Culture and okay benefits
Cons
Poor Management and Compensation
There is a good work-life balance.
Administrative Assistant/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hiram, GAMarch 17, 2015
The job overall is a good one. There are a few different positions in a store. There are 1-2 managers, sales representatives, cell phone technicians, and outside salesman.
Pros
Hours: 8:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Cons
Retail- bad customers occasionally
Poor corporate management
Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Selma, TXMarch 5, 2015
I was a store associate before being promoted to Commercial Sales manager. Store associate provides customer service to retail customers and assist the commercial sales manager with first contact for potential new accounts. Stocked the sales floor, merchandising, install automotive batteries for customers, pull orders for delivery, inventory, ship/rec to other corporate stores, daily reporting, install watch batteries, etc. Good job and fun.
Pros
Good atmosphere and team
Cons
No employee recognition and poor corporate management
A good place to lean and grow
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Route sales manager, coordinator of routes, manager of store, and outside sales rep.
Fast Paced and High Energy
B2B Account Manager / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 30, 2014
This was an awesome company to work for. The base pay is comparable to other sales positions, but the bonus and incentive packages are the best. It was like a large family, and the management truly treated us like we were important.
Relaxing work environment.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 2, 2013
For a typical day at work you can expect to get dirty. While working here, I learned how to rebuild battery packs for cordless tools and telephones. Also learned how to change batteries in golf carts and RV's. Managers are friendly. They love to joke around which helps the day go by faster. Co-workers are awesome. The hardest part of the job is dealing with impatient customers while you search the database to match their battery needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing some of the fancy cars the people in the area drive.
Pros
Great discount on batteries.
Cons
Hours aren't the best.
Good Concept Quality Products Mediocre Pay Poor Corporate Management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  houston, txAugust 22, 2013
Interstate expects 110% from their employees but offers little to no opportunity to advance from within for entry level employees. For the complexity and difficulty of the work the pay should be much better. As an assistant manager for 3.5 yrs, my day started the minute i walked through the door, bombarded with questions from both associates and management. I would generally deal with any immediate customer needs, move on to processing and planning daily commercial sales and plan the delivery route. Build any necessary medical rebuilds or complex battery packs that the other team members were not comfortable building. Process any necessary shipping and receiving that was pending in the back office of our POS system. Place any required special orders, skip lunch without pay, get abandoned by store manager and most if not all the rest of the staff and be left to close the store alone at 7pm. Stay til 7:30-8pm to finish my duties but being off the clock at 7pm regardless of customer or store needs...
Pros
good employee discounts
Cons
poor pay, slow advancement
Somewhat fun place to work, micro managed.
Business to Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 19, 2013
Was fun place to work, constantly monitored. All aspects of productivity is graded. Manager goes over job performance weekly.
Bonus plan is changed quarterly, almost non existent now.
Enjoy the sales and working with other stores out of state.
Great products.
Pros
great products, good co-workers.
Cons
micro managed, incentives eliminated.
Isb
Administrative Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 4, 2012
Good enviroment, very low chance of advancement. Family owned which means you'll never be picked over family for advancement. No time off or vacation days. Medium to Low workload
Pros
nice location
Cons
no potential room for advancement
Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Recievable, Answering Phone
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAApril 30, 2012
Laid off, due to waiting for store set-up. Only worked here for less than a month. I was still learning what I needed to do.