Interstate Batteries

Interstate Batteries Employee Reviews

Very fun, safe and learning environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXNovember 9, 2016
I work face 2 face with customers and also over the phone, I learned that every customer is valuable and it also help with my social skills. I also learned how to be a team player and work independently especially working on big projects or to reach a goal. The hardest part of my job was learning about the different types of batteries and what would best fit the customer needs as far as choosing the right battery for their needs. I love working with the people I work with and very understanding manager.
Pros
great benefits, there is possibility for upcoming in the company
Turn and Burn Employees, collect profits.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXDecember 12, 2016
If you like to lift tones of batteries by hand its a great job. When you show that you are slowing down, they will find a reason to replace you. Safety is the last thing they care about. When the truck shows up you better be ready to work. They are always looking to hire, so don't expect a vacation.
Pros
You get to go home at night.
Cons
No support, no time off because you are short handed.
great place to work
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 24, 2016
A typical day is you show up in the morning laughing and having a good time for about a half hour. Then to business, getting ready for the day. I learned a lot about selling and inventory. My managers were great more like friends then bosses. The co-workers are like family and i will miss them all. The hardest part was all the rotates. The most enjoyable part is the people co-worker, customers, and magament.
Pros
A lot
Cons
Once you get to a certain point there's no more raises and no real chance for advancement.
Worst company I ever worked for.
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 21, 2016
I was a Route Sales Manager for 8 months. My wife begged me to quit because I was never home. You are not a Manager, the title allows them to avoid certain DOT rules and regulations. The work load is insane, and they are constantly pushing you to do more. they have One driver who has been there long term. the people are nice, they are supportive. but the amount of work as well as the fact that they feel the need to have meetings Ever Single Week! Is crazy.
I was a service manager at a uniform company for 5 years and we only had meeting once every quarter. That business is far more diverse then batteries.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
to numerous to list
Great company with great product.
National Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Many opportunities with good pay and great benefits. I would recommend employment as they offer good training and take care of the staff. The product, (batteries) are some of the best quality in the business. Thumbs up!
Pros
Good pay and great benefits
Cons
I had to travel every other week.
Great Job, Great Benefits, Easy Responsibilites
Team Member, Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 30, 2016
Easy to learn. Management was great and patient with employees. Work was very sporadic and spiked during certain times of the day and certain periods of the day. Benefits were great, store was always clean and customers were nice and somewhat knowledgeable. Definitely opportunities to grow and become better in mechanical knowledge and battery knowledge.
Pros
Easy to Learn, Great Staff
Cons
Lack of worker accommodation
N/a
WAREHOUSE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2016
Perform warehouse duties including but not limited to :receiving, put-a-ways, picking, replenishments, packing, palletizing, and shipping.
Ensure continuous process improvement.
Designs warehouse layout to maximize space, utilization, productivity, and safety.
Manages inventory quality and accuracy assurance program.
Coordinates physical inventory process and cycle counts.
Develops stock location and order picking strategies to maximize work flow, space utilization and labor productivity.
Responsible for the physical custody and overall safeguarding of the inventory.
Process inbound receiving.
Assist with deliveries and installations.
Productive, comfortable workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAJanuary 20, 2017
interstate batteries really know how to make you feel welcomed and comfortable while on the job. nice supervisors and know how to get a job done not only right the first time but safe also.
Pros
often free lunches
Cons
Great environment but slow advancement
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2016
Has a great culture, good pay and great benefits. It is difficult to move up because management is a close knit "boys club" mainly due to the company being privately owned. Openly Christian but does not discriminate other religions. CEO is son of co-founder and changed executive team,eliminating women. Solid company financially.
I need a change.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 7, 2016
The company as a whole was excellent! I just need a change and more of a challenge! I started as a route driver and gradually moved into the office. I then began to do outside sales along with my management duties.
great place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAOctober 23, 2016
a normal work day includes making sure all the batteries are clean and tested to its right cold cranking amps (CCA) and to put them on the right shelf when doing inventory
Pros
great invoirment
Cons
N/A
Great benefits and competitive salary
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2016
Interstate Batteries has a competitive salary and a great benefit package. This company cares about the well-being of their employees and is a fun place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Communication is lacking
Great people, caring
Route Sales Manager, I (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAOctober 16, 2016
Interstate Batteries is an aggressive "family" business. The leadership is growing and adapting.They appreciate hard work and will always do their best.
Busy atmosphere
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 9, 2016
My job was mainly the accounts payable / receiveable and collections area and there was always something to do and if not i could always fill in with answering phones and selling batteries. It was an eye opening learning experience.
Pros
paid time off / flexible schedule
Cons
terminated without notice or warning
Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HISeptember 28, 2016
I loved working for this company. Got hurt on the job and was taken cared of. Learned how to manage the company on a small scale.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Bad way to end my time there
Great Place
Econo Producer (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 12, 2016
Good People, Store Manager treats everyone with respect
Company as a whole is a good company to work for Good Family Values
Fun break activities but still has room to grow as a company
Supply Chain Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 29, 2016
My SCM internship was based in the DC warehouse. I was only given 2 months to learn about the company, grow my skills, and put present project ideas to management.
The entire two months was pretty unstructured. I was given a few daily tasks but I was on my own for the most part. This was good and bad. Good because I had the freedom to challenge myself with areas of interest within the supply chain. Bad because they ran out of things to have me do and rarely had due dates on assignments.
Being the type of person I am, I took away a lot in the short time here. I was able to manage my time wisely and implement supply chain concepts I learned in the classroom. I started a few projects that have huge money saving implications! Although the company is slow at implementing change, I believe the expierence gained was better than average.
Pros
Monthly lunch outings, meetings with suppliers/carriers, ping pong, pool, video games.
Cons
Low pay for interns
Change
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 2, 2016
Company is going through heavy organizational restructure. Great people in the office but very few opportunities to move up.
Productive and Fast Pace Environment
Warehouse Team Member (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAApril 2, 2016
There was always something to do. Never a dull moment. The environment always consisted of a healthy competition. Everyone always greeted each other with a sense of respect and awareness of the high demand of the company. The job definitely consisted of labor intensive projects, yet that in itself was extremely fun. When one would fall behind the team would rally to achieve the set goal for the month. It was an environment of laughter and jokes, but the work was always completed.
Pros
Team Dynamic; Free food when goals are met.
Cons
The consistent shortage of employees
Interstate All Battery Center
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 10, 2016
Not a bad retail job, hours are convenient and job is not difficult. However there is little room to move up and grow and as it is retail the pay is not very good.
Pros
Schedule, Work Load, Company Values
Cons
Pay, Job Satisfaction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interstate Batteries. Our community is ready to answer.