Interstate Companies Inc Employee Reviews

Great Company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 12, 2017
Great company to work for. Training is provided, and management is willing and able to provide feedback and continuous mentoring if needed. Positive environment. Positive leadership within management.
Job vs Career
Employee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2017
Various types of positions at this place. Heart of the company is its techs, followed by the sales team. Upper midwest locations, some of the cities are weird.
Excellent company to work for
Diesel technician (Current Employee) –  Gillette, WYAugust 26, 2015
This company spends a lot of capital to make sure there are the proper tools for the job. If you are willing to put in the time, they will train you in a wide variety of applications including medium, large diesel engines, transmissions, construction, mining, on or off road. This is a big company that feels like a small run shop, everyone from bottom to top listens to input and feedback. I would highly recommend working for this company.
Internal Growth and Positive Work Environment
Bearing Salemsan (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 25, 2015
Interstate is a fun place to work and it has a positive work environment. I've been here almost 3.5 years and couldn't be happier. Interstate is a big enough company that we aren't a mom and pop shop with only one or two locations but we are small enough that you don't have that corporate red tape and politics. We are privately owned and don't have to answer to share holders which is a huge plus for me, since 10 years prior to working here I worked for a very large corporation. Interstate is all about promoting from within. All of the current managers in my branch were actually promoted from within our branch and not outside hires.
Pros
Good work environment, Room to Grow within Company
Cons
401K Match Could be Better
Great company to be a part of!!!
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 20, 2015
You get what you put in. There are tons of opportunities for training. Advancement is the same. All you have to do is apply yourself and show management you are interested in being a part of the company. There are endless possibilities and directions Interstate offers, all sizes of diesel engines, Allison Transmission, transport refrigeration, on and off highway applications and many more. All the training offered is by factory certified instructors. I have been treated great by Interstate employees, no matter their position. I highly recommend this company for employment.
poorly managed shop.
Fleet mechanic (Current Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNJanuary 24, 2014
I liked working here except for the pay and the second shift hours. Ultimately forcing me to quit.