Interstate Distributors Employee Reviews

Good Company with Good people
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 10, 2016
Have worked for Interstate for over a year - Good company with good equipment - There is wiggle room if you are; not happy with routes, vendors, shippers. Can switch from one board to another with little resistance. Fleet managers are decent for the most part.
Pros
Excellent company - Excellent Equipment
Cons
Away from home too long - No room for advancement as Company Driver
fun workplace
Southeast Regional OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix city, alabamaNovember 11, 2016
fun workplace with constant and steady work. The drivers are encouraged to be their own boss on the road. The lack of communication with the drivers add unnecessary stress at times
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no health care
nice place to work
Customer Service/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 12, 2015
nice place to work. great benefits. great managers and co workers. clean and comfortable environment. Great team player and multitasking environment. Employment concerns and request are addressed in a timely manner.
benefits
Cons
no comment
I was let go over minor accidents.
Class-A Tractor trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 1, 2016
The overall experience was informative. I was keep moving, ran close to 10 thousand miles my last month. But I still would like a bit more training to consistently feel comfortable behind the wheel of a tractor trailer.
Pros
keep me moving
Cons
No home time
Productive transportation company
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 2, 2015
I had a great 20 years with Interstate Distributors and wish I was able to stay with them. My typical day was always with variety dealing with dedicated drivers and their delivery of products. There was always a challenge during my career with them and I was always up for the challenges. I miss working with the co-workers and management but am ready to find my next family of co-workers and management.
Pros
Hours allowed me to be at home every evening and weekends
Love for the food distribitor.
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 11, 2015
Interstate Distributors was a food supplier for several local restuarants. Calling to get there food orders for the weeks was very much enjoyable. On occasion the managers of a certain food would cater or invite the crew to lunch/dinner at their establishment, that was always great. My team nor myself found nothing hard about the job. IDI provided a great and enjoyable work enviornment.
Pros
Free lunch/dinners
Cons
nothing, loved the job
Productive and fun place to work
Order Selector/Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCJune 18, 2015
great day shift hours, go in get orders pulled ready for shipment at the end of day. learned to drive stand up lifts, management was family owned, had great co-workers weall worked as a team to get the job for the day done. hardest part about job was inclement weather.
Pros
Monday- Friday Day shift hours
Cons
work outside in inclement weather
Interstate has a gym / locker room to excerise
Planner/Dispatcher/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 15, 2014
A typical night at work on the after hours shift was demanding and stressful after 12 hours on shift and one lunch break I would leave work exhausted!

What I have learned is Teamwork is what the job is all about and not to take out frustration's and or treat those on the same team as any less of a person.

Management needs to work on getting the people at Interstate support and letting them have their earned time off and not deny their request which leads to bad morale
Good pay, good lanes
Over-the-Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 3, 2014
Good trucks. Would sit for long time waiting for loads. Left the company when they wouldn't allow us to take our truck home like they did in the past.
Got to see our country
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNJanuary 13, 2013
Pick up and deliver commodities an merchandise. Travel the country everyday and see how beautiful our country truely is. Co workers were good and met many other drivers that were awesome.

Want to know more about Interstate Distributors?

Ask a question
Proactive and very busy shop
Service Writer (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 15, 2014
My experience is working with mechanics, part manaager and dispatch as well as drivers.
Pros
Transpatation Industry
Cons
Not much to move up in to in California
good while the miles lasted
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNOctober 27, 2012
good company, great people, the miles just dried up. will keep you busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interstate Distributors. Our community is ready to answer.

Interstate Distributors Reviews by Location