Interstate Distributors Employee Reviews

Productive, fun, fast past environment.
Owner Operator Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 1, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Interstate. We were a true team. Management was also available if needed. I had great hours and our workplace was a fun place to work.
Pros
Team players, organized.
Cons
No cons
Better than most
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 24, 2017
They do not pay near what we deserve but they try to keep you busy and leave you alone to do your job, to me that was a huge perk. I cannot speak for them since heartland bought the company. All I can say is I worked for heartland for 3 months because that's all the b.s I could take.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Upper management that came from swift.
Decent miles,decent pay,
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington (WA)June 13, 2017
Not a bad company to work for, I just had to move to an area too far away from the terminal. Fleet managers were helpful and ready to assist whenever needed.
Low pay scale!
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAApril 28, 2017
If you can live on 580.00 per week, be my guest!
The pay isn't enough to make it in California...more like the state of Kentucky or Georgia.

the people are friendly and the work is really easy.

This job is great for the rookie driver trying to get his/her feet wet and gain experience. Lousy for the experienced driver looking for great pay and benefits...it just doesn't cut the mustard.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low, low pay!
ok
Tractor Trailer Driver /Class A Hazmat (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLApril 16, 2017
ok place to work ,new truck,great people,traffic is fun in a green truck, company closed florida and its okay with me .thank you for the time off and .
Typical Large Trucking Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, ORFebruary 24, 2017
I drove at Interstate just after the family owners sold out to an investment group. Big mistake. The trucks were older Freightliner Columbia's with many issues. They were just getting started with their refrigerated division and they would load me from the Pacific Northwest to the east coast and then keep me there for weeks running up and down the seaboard. My wife finally gave me an ultimatum, either her or the company. That's why I quit.

This was a number of years ago. Things may have improved.
Pros
Great money, decent terminals with driver comforts.
Cons
No home time, forced dispatch. Too much east coast.
Good work place
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 19, 2017
A good company for an employee. Open management, listens to employee suggestions, and often implemented employee suggestions. Excellent support staff and driver training.
fun workplace
Southeast Regional OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix city, alabamaNovember 11, 2016
fun workplace with constant and steady work. The drivers are encouraged to be their own boss on the road. The lack of communication with the drivers add unnecessary stress at times
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no health care
Good Company with Good people
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 10, 2016
Have worked for Interstate for over a year - Good company with good equipment - There is wiggle room if you are; not happy with routes, vendors, shippers. Can switch from one board to another with little resistance. Fleet managers are decent for the most part.
Pros
Excellent company - Excellent Equipment
Cons
Away from home too long - No room for advancement as Company Driver
I was let go over minor accidents.
Class-A Tractor trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 1, 2016
The overall experience was informative. I was keep moving, ran close to 10 thousand miles my last month. But I still would like a bit more training to consistently feel comfortable behind the wheel of a tractor trailer.
Pros
keep me moving
Cons
No home time
Love for the food distribitor.
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 11, 2015
Interstate Distributors was a food supplier for several local restuarants. Calling to get there food orders for the weeks was very much enjoyable. On occasion the managers of a certain food would cater or invite the crew to lunch/dinner at their establishment, that was always great. My team nor myself found nothing hard about the job. IDI provided a great and enjoyable work enviornment.
Pros
Free lunch/dinners
Cons
nothing, loved the job
Productive and fun place to work
Order Selector/Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCJune 18, 2015
great day shift hours, go in get orders pulled ready for shipment at the end of day. learned to drive stand up lifts, management was family owned, had great co-workers weall worked as a team to get the job for the day done. hardest part about job was inclement weather.
Pros
Monday- Friday Day shift hours
Cons
work outside in inclement weather
Productive transportation company
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 2, 2015
I had a great 20 years with Interstate Distributors and wish I was able to stay with them. My typical day was always with variety dealing with dedicated drivers and their delivery of products. There was always a challenge during my career with them and I was always up for the challenges. I miss working with the co-workers and management but am ready to find my next family of co-workers and management.
Pros
Hours allowed me to be at home every evening and weekends
nice place to work
Customer Service/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 12, 2015
nice place to work. great benefits. great managers and co workers. clean and comfortable environment. Great team player and multitasking environment. Employment concerns and request are addressed in a timely manner.
benefits
Cons
no comment
Interstate has a gym / locker room to excerise
Planner/Dispatcher/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 15, 2014
A typical night at work on the after hours shift was demanding and stressful after 12 hours on shift and one lunch break I would leave work exhausted!

What I have learned is Teamwork is what the job is all about and not to take out frustration's and or treat those on the same team as any less of a person.

Management needs to work on getting the people at Interstate support and letting them have their earned time off and not deny their request which leads to bad morale
Good pay, good lanes
Over-the-Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 3, 2014
Good trucks. Would sit for long time waiting for loads. Left the company when they wouldn't allow us to take our truck home like they did in the past.
Proactive and very busy shop
Service Writer (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 15, 2014
My experience is working with mechanics, part manaager and dispatch as well as drivers.
Pros
Transpatation Industry
Cons
Not much to move up in to in California
Got to see our country
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNJanuary 13, 2013
Pick up and deliver commodities an merchandise. Travel the country everyday and see how beautiful our country truely is. Co workers were good and met many other drivers that were awesome.
good while the miles lasted
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNOctober 27, 2012
good company, great people, the miles just dried up. will keep you busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interstate Distributors. Our community is ready to answer.

Interstate Distributors Reviews by Location